• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying the 30 Minute Chicken Tonight - Prayers Needed!

In summary, the chicken turned out good, but DH is not sure if he will like it. The ingredients only cost $6 so we are not out much money, but there have been a lot of PC recipes I've tried that he does not like.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I just got the DCB over the weekend and am trying the 30 minute chicken tonight. I'm doing potatoes and carrots with it and of course lots of garlic. My only thing is DH is so sure it's going to turn out dry and rubbery. I offered to order pizza from his favorite place if he doesn't like it. Please pray that it turns out good! I know it will but I want him to like it. The ingredients only cost $6 so we aren't out much but there have been a lot of PC recipes I've tried that he doesn't like.

One question - after you carve it, do you serve it on a plate or put it back in the juices? When a consultant made it for our meeting, she put it back in the juice which seemed a little greesy to me.

I've never put it back in the juices - I always put it on a SA plate to serve.

That is so funny ~ I had pizza as a back-up the first time I made it too. But I didn't tell DH I made it in the microwave, I was just scared myself. Fortunately, it came out sooooo good, that we saved pizza for another night!

Good Luck - you know you MUST come back and tell us how it turns out!

Mine is always home so there is no tricking him! It's in the microwave right now. Although my chicken is a little too big, I thought it said 4-5 pound and I couldn't find anything smaller than 4 1/2 lbs so that it what I got. The veggies are esentially sitting right on top of the chicken. Hope that doesn't make them cook too fast, I may have to check them though. I will tell you all how it turned out!

Now just to get him to try the ribs. He loves ribs and always wants to go get them. Maybe if he likes the chicken he'll let me do the ribs.

Waiting for your reaction and your DH's on this. I haven't made mine with potatoes and vegetables yet, that is one of the next things I am going to do when I do my next chicken here later this week.

Hope your DH loves the DCB as much as the rest of us do!

Well....

What did DH say?

wadesgirl said:
Now just to get him to try the ribs. He loves ribs and always wants to go get them. Maybe if he likes the chicken he'll let me do the ribs.

The ribs are sooooooo good. Even better than the 30-minute chicken, IMO.

I had my parents over for the 30 minute chicken and didn't tell them it was from the microwave either. My Dad wouldn't have even tried it if he knew. Luckily it worked out fine and they liked it.

Let's just say I liked it. I really don't feel like going into it right now. He will never let me try the ribs after this.

"Let you?" My poor DH, at our house what's for dinner is what I put on the table! LOL!

We had the chicken tonight too, and I tried it with the skin on b/c I was going to follow Becky D's outline for my show on Thurs., and I didn't like it NEARLY as well.........I think I'll be taking the skin off the chicken before my guests arrive on Thurs.

My host bought a chicken under 4 pounds. It was way done by 30 minutes. The thermometer read 170+ right when we took it out. I've never had a chicken in the micro that didn't turn out. The large ones don't get done in 30 minutes, but another 5-10 minutes and they are fine. I did it w/o the skin once and one side was a little dried out.

straitfan said:
"Let you?" My poor DH, at our house what's for dinner is what I put on the table!

Hmmm same here, he'd starve here at my house:rolleyes:

straitfan said:
"Let you?" My poor DH, at our house what's for dinner is what I put on the table! LOL!

We had the chicken tonight too, and I tried it with the skin on b/c I was going to follow Becky D's outline for my show on Thurs., and I didn't like it NEARLY as well.........I think I'll be taking the skin off the chicken before my guests arrive on Thurs.
Yeah, that's the problem. I'm the one that does all the shopping and cooking. I told him after dinner last night that I think he should take care of it for a whole week. Then again, we'd be eating lobster and steak every night if he had his way!

I bet he'd get "sticker shock" at what that menu costs. I know my DH doesn't have a CLUE what groceries cost! : )

straitfan said:

That's funny - because I usually have people fighting over the skin at shows.:)yuck: ) At home, I usually skin it, but for shows I leave it on.

ChefBeckyD said:
That's funny - because I usually have people fighting over the skin at shows.:)yuck: )

EWWWWWWWW!

straitfan said:
I bet he'd get "sticker shock" at what that menu costs. I know my DH doesn't have a CLUE what groceries cost! : )
My grocery bill jumped up alot when we moved in together. I was a very simple eater and living on my own it was easy just to fix what I was in the mood for. Now I cannot leave the grocery store without spending at least $100! Too much for me. I've done a few things to help bring that down but he only sees the bill not what it actually takes to make it that much.

wadesgirl said:
Yeah, that's the problem. I'm the one that does all the shopping and cooking. I told him after dinner last night that I think he should take care of it for a whole week. Then again, we'd be eating lobster and steak every night if he had his way!

I have the same problem with my guy (and im a vegetarian!). He's always asking for clams and lobster and steak, you'd think he was a cat because he likes seafood so much. Every couple of months or so I take him with me to do the shopping and make him pay, then he gets the sticker shock and calms down again. Oh, and I made him the 30 minute chicken and he liked it on sandwiches.

1. What is the 30 Minute Chicken Tonight recipe?

The 30 Minute Chicken Tonight recipe is a quick and easy meal that can be prepared in just 30 minutes. It involves marinating chicken in a delicious sauce, then grilling or baking it to perfection.

2. What ingredients do I need for the 30 Minute Chicken Tonight recipe?

You will need boneless chicken breasts, your choice of vegetables, and the 30 Minute Chicken Tonight marinade, which includes soy sauce, honey, garlic, and other flavorful ingredients.

3. How do I marinate the chicken for the 30 Minute Chicken Tonight recipe?

To marinate the chicken, simply place the chicken in a sealable plastic bag or container, pour the marinade over it, and let it sit in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. For best results, marinate the chicken for a few hours or overnight.

4. Can I use different vegetables in the 30 Minute Chicken Tonight recipe?

Yes, you can use any vegetables you like in this recipe. Some popular options include bell peppers, onions, zucchini, and mushrooms. You can also add in some pineapple chunks for a sweet and savory twist.

5. How can I make the chicken for the 30 Minute Chicken Tonight recipe more tender?

To make the chicken more tender, you can pound it with a meat tenderizer or use a fork to poke holes in the chicken before marinating it. This will help the marinade penetrate the chicken and make it more tender and flavorful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Yakmama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies