• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfect 30-Minute Chicken: Tips for Juicy, Tender Results

In summary, Diane says that the chicken might have been too big, and that the pork tenderloin is a great option that is low in fat. She also recommends that you cook the chicken for the full 30 minutes, and that you test out the recipe before you offer it to guests.
StacieB
Gold Member
Ok I tried the 30 minute chicken tonight. I cooked for 26 minutes and checked the temp in the breast. The temp was at 180 so I took it out and covered for 10 minutes. The temp went down to 170. The juices ran clear so I started carving it. The lower portion of the breast still had some bloody sections. What tips or suggestions do you have fo me!!

I made a chicken on Sunday in the DCB in the microwave. I hadn't done it in a long time. I had similar problems and kept having to put it back in to cook. My chicken was over 5 pounds by a bit, so I figured that was my problem. I wasn't too happy with it and was so glad I wasn't doing this at a show. I figure my chicken was just too big. Next I want to test out just doing breasts in the DCB because my show for Friday night is where I plan to do this and use the chicken breasts in the Chicken Enchilada ring.

I wish I had tips for you. Maybe the chicken was pretty big??

The chicken was between 3 and 3 1/2 pounds. I tried putting it back in for 5 minutes, but still was a little bloody.

My husband says that the reason chicken now days has that bloody part near the bones is that they process them so fast that they don't bleed out correctly. Did the chicken seem raw or did those parts just look bloody? My DH is in the pork production industry but they got in a big discussion about this at a meeting .. probably when they were all talking about being sick of eating chicken! :)

It looked done for the most part! The juices by the cavity were a little bloody too. I think next time I might cook for the full 30 minutes all at one time. I will for s ure try this again before I do it at a show. I also want to find the Pork.

The pork tenderloin is quick, easy and DELICIOUS and it offers your guests a low fat alternative to chicken which believe me... many of us are thrilled with! I know if I was a guest and watched that pork tenderloin demo... I'd be hosting a show to get it! My husband thought I was NUTS putting it in the microwave the first time but he is sold. I also LOVE to do boneless chicken breasts in it for chicken salad.

Make sure when you are inserting the thermometer that you aren't getting it close to a bone...that will cause your readings to be off. The bone gets hotter than the meat...

But, I have noticed some icky spots like that even when I am SURE to put the themometer in the thickest part of the breast...away from the bone. Thanks for the insight Diane...I didn't know that! I'll bet that's what the problem was with mine before---it was cooked all the way through, just some spots that made me a little scared.

I just can't bring myself to make this...chicken in the microwave is weird to me. That said, I sure do love the pork in there!

StacieB said:
I also want to find the Pork.
That is the BEST! That BBQ pork tenderloin will always be my favorite!:)

I always mention at my shows about doing the chicken but most guests will say that they can buy the chicken cooked at a deli in Walmart or wherever for less money than buying the raw chicken so I am SO thankful for the pork option to really give them an alternative. It also helps that it supports my DH's industry.

:yuck: I knew I was leery of the nuked chicken for a reason. I would feel horrible if I did this at a show and the chicken still looked bloody. I know I can just put it back in, but YUCK!:yuck:

The same thing happens to me when I make this, so I don't offer it at shows. I have been offering the pork, but nobody seems interested in that.

Chef Kearns said:
:yuck: I knew I was leery of the nuked chicken for a reason. I would feel horrible if I did this at a show and the chicken still looked bloody. I know I can just put it back in, but YUCK!:yuck:

ME TOO!!! That was the whole reason I bought the DCB, but now I will have to find another recipe to make in it. I don't like the Ribs either!! Maybe it's just me, but meat in the micro just isn't the same.

I have to tell you I was totally freaked out the first couple times I have done this. BUT...the fryer chickens have been on sale and it is way less money than the cooked chicken . I've been using 4-6 lb chickens cooking 30-35 minutes, letting it sit in micro wave 10 minutes. then cutting it up for a recipe.

First, I would recommend doing the chicken the entire 30 minutes. I always do, and never check it until the 30 minutes is done. The recipe is for a 3.5 to 4.5 lb chicken, so if you are doing a chicken over that weight, it will take longer. I don't remember ever seeing blood in the chicken when I cut it up, and I do this show at least twice a week, and also make it at home.

It's funny, but around here, NO ONE is interested in the Pork Tenderloin. Tenderloin is expensive here - even when it is "on sale". Most people that I know would consider it a "special meal" meat.....not a regular weeknight meal. Alot of the people I know also don't eat pork, so wouldn't choose this as a meal to feed guests.
Chicken, on the other hand is relatively inexpensive, and often goes on sale for .69-.79 a lb. Most people (unless you have a larger family) can get 2 meals from a chicken, so it is considered a better value. I have people booking through November now, because if they can't get the DCB for 60% off, they at least want it for 50% off when they host a show - all because of the 30 Min. Chicken!

Thanks everyone for your tips!!

ChefBeckyD said:
First, I would recommend doing the chicken the entire 30 minutes. I always do, and never check it until the 30 minutes is done. The recipe is for a 3.5 to 4.5 lb chicken, so if you are doing a chicken over that weight, it will take longer. I don't remember ever seeing blood in the chicken when I cut it up, and I do this show at least twice a week, and also make it at home.

It's funny, but around here, NO ONE is interested in the Pork Tenderloin. Tenderloin is expensive here - even when it is "on sale". Most people that I know would consider it a "special meal" meat.....not a regular weeknight meal. Alot of the people I know also don't eat pork, so wouldn't choose this as a meal to feed guests.
Chicken, on the other hand is relatively inexpensive, and often goes on sale for .69-.79 a lb. Most people (unless you have a larger family) can get 2 meals from a chicken, so it is considered a better value. I have people booking through November now, because if they can't get the DCB for 60% off, they at least want it for 50% off when they host a show - all because of the 30 Min. Chicken!

I agree about doing a larger chicken for the full 30 minutes, then checking it. Also, the DCB works great in the regular oven for chicken too. My chicken took just an hour(which was fine since I was making a new homemade potato salad recipe).

For those who think pork tenderloin is too exspensive......I bought a whole pork loin when it was on sale a few weeks ago and had the butcher cut it into2-3 pound pork loin roasts for me. I do that in the DCB instead of the pork tenderloin. It takes a little longer but is still a 30 minutes-or-less recipe. So, a cheaper-but-still-tasty option. When I do ribs in the DCB I use country style ribs and just give them longer(I check them frequently for temp). Also, I add just a little more water than the recipe calls for and let them sit about 10 minutes after they're done in the microwave. Then I do the sauce in the grill pan(or cast iron in my case since I don't have the grill pan).

If you have a Costco around you they have them at a great price. I think you can get four tenderloins (about 5 pounds) for $14.00. Using two tenderloins you'd have plenty of meat and at $7.00 not to expensive.

quiverfull7 said:
My husband says that the reason chicken now days has that bloody part near the bones is that they process them so fast that they don't bleed out correctly. Did the chicken seem raw or did those parts just look bloody? My DH is in the pork production industry but they got in a big discussion about this at a meeting .. probably when they were all talking about being sick of eating chicken! :)

You're right about chickens not always being bled out properly. Here's a hint for that. Put the chicken in a brine bath (an hour to overnight). Basically, add a generous amount of salt to the water in a large container(one big enough for the chicken to be totally submersed in ice water) of water. Add ice and let it stand for as long as possible(at least an hour or two), making sure to add more ice as needed to keep it cold(or put it in your fridge if you have the room). Drain the water off. Rinse the chicken thoroughly and prepare chicken according to recipe. The brine bath serves 2 purposes....it aids in keeping the chicken moist during cooking and adds flavor. If the chicken wasn't bled out properly, the brine bath helps finish getting the blood out of the meat. I got this idea from an Alton Brown show about a perfect holiday turkey(the brine bath for keeping the bird moist and flavorful). My dad is a deer hunter. He soaks the vineson for 3-4 days in ice water to make sure the blood is out and to get the wild taste out. I do this every year to my turkey(I use a cooler and add ice when the temperature goes above 39 degrees). Hope this helps someone. :)

:love: I have made the Pork Tenderloin twice at home and loved it--and I don't normally like pork. I did place the sliced onions under it, and sliced it thin for sandwiches. I like cole slaw on it too...easy to slice and prepare before or while the pork is in the microwave...I did add time to what the recipe calls for because the pork came 2 tenderloins to a pack.. plus I am a little freaked out about under-cooked anything. Better safe than sorry..I would be okay doing it for a show though..got some ribs thawing in the fridge now to try for our anniversary tomorrow..(7 years!) He loves them so I really hope they work out!

RuthV said:
......................I bought a whole pork loin when it was on sale a few weeks ago and had the butcher cut it into2-3 pound pork loin roasts for me. I do that in the DCB instead of the pork tenderloin. It takes a little longer but is still a 30 minutes-or-less recipe..............
When you use the Pork Loin do you have a problem with it being dry? What do you put in the DCB with it?

ljeffries said:
I just can't bring myself to make this...chicken in the microwave is weird to me. That said, I sure do love the pork in there!

I'm with you. I am old school and it tastes different done in the microwave as far as I'm concerned.
Love my DCB, prefer to use it in the oven with meat though.
Schel

schel said:
I'm with you. I am old school and it tastes different done in the microwave as far as I'm concerned.
Love my DCB, prefer to use it in the oven with meat though.
Schel
I thought the same thing when I saw the flyer for the 30 minute chicken. I tried it for the family first and they were totally impressed, even DH! He's a Texan, so it's hard to impress him with microwaved meat. I have been doing either the pork, a whole chicken or chicken breasts at my shows since the end of June. I just did a total items sold and here is what I have so far.
35 DCB sold at full price. 33 DCB sold just in October as the Host Bonus. 5 sold since Sept 1st as the Host combination. This has made a believer out of me. I had over $10 K in sales in October. I know it was because of the DCB :)
Try it just once to see if you'll fall in love with it :love:

chefruthie said:
I thought the same thing when I saw the flyer for the 30 minute chicken. I tried it for the family first and they were totally impressed, even DH! He's a Texan, so it's hard to impress him with microwaved meat. I have been doing either the pork, a whole chicken or chicken breasts at my shows since the end of June. I just did a total items sold and here is what I have so far.
35 DCB sold at full price. 33 DCB sold just in October as the Host Bonus. 5 sold since Sept 1st as the Host combination. This has made a believer out of me. I had over $10 K in sales in October. I know it was because of the DCB :)
Try it just once to see if you'll fall in love with it :love:

I did try it. Still old school. Havn't tried the pork tender loin, but I guess maybe I am a picky cook/eater. Wouldn't know that by lookin at me though!
Havn't missed a meal any time lately if yah know what I mean! :rolleyes:
Schel

I made this 30-minute again tonight for dinner since fryers were on such a good sale.

Realized I've been doing it wrong all along - I have been cooking it with the DCB lid on! Oh well, still tastes great, and it is always done.

Tonight, I just used Smoky BBQ rub instead of the recipe ingredients.

great tips ladies.... thanks.

Related to Perfect 30-Minute Chicken: Tips for Juicy, Tender Results

What is "Tried the Chicken Tonight"?

"Tried the Chicken Tonight" is a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that features a delicious blend of spices and flavors to create a tasty and easy chicken dish.

What ingredients are needed for "Tried the Chicken Tonight"?

The ingredients for "Tried the Chicken Tonight" include boneless, skinless chicken breasts, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and chicken broth. Optional add-ins can include vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.

How do I make "Tried the Chicken Tonight"?

To make "Tried the Chicken Tonight", start by heating olive oil in a skillet and cooking diced garlic until fragrant. Add chicken breasts and season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook until both sides are browned, then add chicken broth and any desired vegetables. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.

Can I make substitutions for the ingredients in "Tried the Chicken Tonight"?

Yes, you can make substitutions for the ingredients in "Tried the Chicken Tonight" to suit your preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use a different type of oil or seasoning, or swap out the chicken for another protein such as tofu or shrimp.

How can I purchase the ingredients for "Tried the Chicken Tonight"?

You can purchase the ingredients for "Tried the Chicken Tonight" at your local grocery store or through Pampered Chef's website. All of the necessary ingredients can be found easily and are budget-friendly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U