• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy 30 Minute Chicken Recipe - Tips for Cooking a Larger Chicken

In summary, this conversation discusses using a larger chicken for a 30 minute recipe and the recommended use of a meat thermometer. It also mentions substituting chicken breast for a whole chicken and tips for adding more flavor to the recipe. Additionally, it covers making the recipe ahead of time and reheating it, as well as suggesting side dishes that pair well with the chicken.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I am going to make the 30 minute chicken today for lunch but the recipe calls for a 3 1/2 - 4 pound chicken, however I got a 5.66 pound chicken...how much longer do you think that I should put it in for?? Or do you think that I will just need to figure it out with the temperature??

chefheidi2003 said:
I am going to make the 30 minute chicken today for lunch but the recipe calls for a 3 1/2 - 4 pound chicken, however I got a 5.66 pound chicken...how much longer do you think that I should put it in for?? Or do you think that I will just need to figure it out with the temperature??

Set the timer for 30 minutes, and then check the temp. I have had larger chickens get done in a shorter amount of time - depending on the micro strength. In my personal micro, a 5.5 lb chicken would take 30 minutes, but I had a host who had a 5.5 lb chicken and it took 35 minutes.

Ok that is what I was thinking, thank you.

1. Can I use a larger chicken for this 30 minute recipe?

Yes, you can use a larger chicken for this recipe. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the weight of the chicken. It is recommended to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is fully cooked before serving.

2. Can I substitute chicken breast for a whole chicken?

Yes, you can use chicken breast for this recipe. Keep in mind that the cooking time will be reduced since chicken breast cooks faster than a whole chicken. It is important to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.

3. What are some tips for making this chicken recipe more flavorful?

Some tips for adding more flavor to this chicken recipe include using different spices and herbs, marinating the chicken before cooking, and basting the chicken with a sauce or glaze while it cooks. You can also add vegetables or potatoes to the pan for a complete meal.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly different when reheated. It is best to store the cooked chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven or microwave.

5. What are some side dishes that pair well with this chicken recipe?

Some side dishes that pair well with this chicken recipe include a side salad, roasted vegetables, rice, quinoa, or mashed potatoes. You can also serve the chicken with a variety of sauces or condiments for dipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies