• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Your Top 10 Favorite Recipes for Hosting a Successful Show?

In summary, the ones that everyone loves, is easy to make and usually yields large shows? My director made the double chocolate mocha trifle at my first show and everyone who booked after wanted me to make it. I have sold lots of trifle bowls with it. The only other thing I have made is a roasted chicken and veggie recipe a friend asked me to do. It isn't PC but I made it one day and she said she'd book a show if I made it. Turned out she was the only person at the show and I was there to make dinner for her family. She had outside orders but it wasn't a very big show at all.
confusedturtle
Gold Member
the ones that everyone loves, is easy to make and usually yields large shows? My director made the double chocolate mocha trifle at my first show and everyone who booked after wanted me to make it. I have sold lots of trifle bowls with it. The only other thing I have made is a roasted chicken and veggie recipe a friend asked me to do. It isn't PC but I made it one day and she said she'd book a show if I made it. Turned out she was the only person at the show and I was there to make dinner for her family. :confused: She had outside orders but it wasn't a very big show at all.
Anyways what would you say are your top 10 favorite recipes?

Top RecipesYou do not need 10 recipes. Before you decide on your show recipes, take some time to decide which tools you want to sell then pick recipes to go with them. Most people do it the other way around. For example, I always use a large skillet at my shows. So every recipe choice includes a skillet dish, either skillet cake or stir-fry. I have a trifle choice and also one that uses the salad spinners. As a result I sell all of those items.
What To Show
When picking your products to show think about several things:
  1. How easy is it to sell?
  2. How easy is it to carry/transport?
  3. What is it's price in relationship to the product line?
  4. What is it's price in relationship to the grouping? (show a higher priced knife for example)
  5. Can you sell it without having it there?
  6. Do you personally like it?
  7. How well does it create desire?

There is so much more to consider, but the point is that your recipe is really the last thing to consider. We do not sell food! We sell products. http://www.createacashflowshow.com/category/show-presentations

So you make a skillet recipe, a trifle and a salad? I have always been told to make one recipe and thats it, maybe that is where Im going wrong? I also let the host choose a recipe, I have learned with time, that that's wrong as well. I now choose a recipe based on what I want to sell. Thanks!

not three per showI have 3 choices and each choice makes two recipes. One is a sweet and one is a savory. I always use a 12" or stir-fry skillet at every show and then a stone, bar pan, salad spinner and or trifle bowl, depending on the choice. But talk about and show them all.

The point is that YOU should control your demonstration. You must show higher priced items that create desire so that you can schedule more shows, share the opportunity and also sell products. Your demo should not be longer than 45 minutes. I always make or at least assemble one recipe before the guests arrive and one in front of them We sell kitchen tools not food, that is why you are told only to make one or two recipes.

Deb is right--the recipes are just a VEHICLE to sell our products. The Cooking Show is NOT ABOUT THE RECIPE! Make sure you are choosing recipes that show high priced products.Right now I am focusing on easy, fast, affordable meals since that is what people are looking for--ways to keep their grocery budgets down. I made chicken fajitas in the Deep Covered Baker today. Sold two at full price.

Personally I am doing recipes that show some of our popular products that have an affordable price range, like the large bar pan, classic batter bowl, mix 'n scrapers, mini serving spatula, etc. Right now I really like the Classic Mini Cheeseburger recipe, and the Artichoke Bread Bowl is a good one too. I find I can sell more product this way and people don't think our products are not affordable. I have tried the DCB before, and while I get a lot of wow's from the guests, it's hard for someone to pay $65 for it, even though it's worth every penny. And I think by showing the more classic products in the reasonable price range, people get more excited about hosting a show so they can get lots of different things. Just my 2 cents!!

What are your top 10 recipes?

Our top 10 recipes vary depending on personal preferences and dietary restrictions, but some of our most popular recipes include our classic Chicken Enchiladas, Veggie and Rice Stir-Fry, and Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff.

Are your recipes easy to follow?

Yes, all of our recipes are designed to be easy to follow and suitable for cooks of all levels. We provide step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to make the cooking process as smooth as possible.

Do your recipes use a lot of special ingredients?

We strive to use readily available ingredients in our recipes, but some dishes may call for specific spices or seasonings that can easily be found at any grocery store. We also offer alternative ingredient suggestions for those with dietary restrictions or preferences.

Are your recipes healthy?

We offer a variety of recipes to cater to different dietary needs, including low-calorie, low-fat, and vegetarian options. However, we also believe in balance and moderation, so our recipes may include indulgent dishes as well.

Can I adjust the serving sizes for your recipes?

Yes, our recipes typically have serving sizes listed, but they can easily be adjusted to accommodate different group sizes. We also offer ingredient measurements in both volume and weight for more precise adjustments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blessedrub
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies