• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share the Recipes That Wow You and Your Guests!

In summary, participants in this conversation shared recipes they have personally made, taken to a show, and which have wowed their guests. Recipes included a mocha skillet cake, 30 minute chicken and garlic parmesan biscuit bites, lemon Greek chicken, smashed potato soup, tiramisu brownie trifle, PB cup trifle, and artichoke dip. Modifications to the recipes were also shared.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, so I want this thread to be recipes you have personally made, taken to a show, and it just WOW'd your guests at the show..AND YOU!

**If you made any modifications to the recipe at all, share what you did!

I'll go first --

MOCHA SKILLET CAKE - I made this for a show 2 days ago, and it was FABULOUS presentation, and they were so WOW'd with this cake. It was so moist and DELISH! The only thing I did differently, was after I crushed and topped the cake with the the toffee bar pieces, I took about 1/4 cup more of melted chocolate, and drizzled that over the outer edge of the cake! Can't wait to do this more!

So, you don't mean demo recipes - but recipes you've made before hand and taken to a show?

I rarely do that - my recipes are all demo recipes.

ChefBeckyD said:
So, you don't mean demo recipes - but recipes you've made before hand and taken to a show?

I rarely do that - my recipes are all demo recipes.

I do demos as well. I am interested to hear what people make at the parties.

The biggest crowd pleasers for me seem to be chocolate. I change recipes every season. One season the most choosen recipe was Chocolate Chip Sensation. Last season it was Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries. This season it is the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte. I'm not offering something really chocolaty for the upcoming season so we'll see how it goes.

Well, last night at a Women's Night Out Event, I had a BEAUTIFUL kitchen to work with (at a Kitchen Design Center!) and I had:

The new dipping oil seasonings w/ french bread cubes on the bamboo cracker tray.

Cream Cheese w/ Pineapple Rum Sauce poured over it & crackers on the med. bamboo tray.

Steamed Wonton Purses w/ Ginger Wasabi Sauce.

Everyone LOVED all of it - and I booked 4 shows because they want me to come teach them how to make the Wonton Purses. RAVE REVIEWS from everyone there!

Mine has been the 30 min chicken, hands down.

loreo said:
Mine has been the 30 min chicken, hands down.

Yeah - 30 Minute Chicken and Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites have been a gold mine for me! There is NO demo that has EVER gotten me more bookings than that one! (but it's a demo, not something I make and bring to a show - they have to see it done to believe it!)

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah - 30 Minute Chicken and Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites have been a gold mine for me! There is NO demo that has EVER gotten me more bookings than that one! (but it's a demo, not something I make and bring to a show - they have to see it done to believe it!)

What's the Garlic Parm Biscuit Bites? Sounds yummy.
Thanks

niclowther said:
What's the Garlic Parm Biscuit Bites? Sounds yummy.
Thanks

1 can of grands biscuits - any kind, 8 count
1-2 cloves of garlic
Parmesan Cheese to grate
1 Tbls. Italian Seasoning Mix
1/2 stick of butter

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in 10" saute pan (can use 8" too) press garlic into pan. Using Microplane grater, grate in cheese to cover bottom of pan, sprinkle on seasoning. Cut biscuits into quarters, and toss in pan with butter mixture to coat. Bake for 15-18 minutes - until golden on top.

I pop the chicken in the microwave, and then do this demo, and put it in the oven. Then, the chicken and biscuits are done around the same time! It's an easy and WOW! demo!

ChefBeckyD said:
1 can of grands biscuits - any kind, 8 count
1-2 cloves of garlic
Parmesan Cheese to grate
1 Tbls. Italian Seasoning Mix
1/2 stick of butter

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in 10" saute pan (can use 8" too) press garlic into pan. Using Microplane grater, grate in cheese to cover bottom of pan, sprinkle on seasoning. Cut biscuits into quarters, and toss in pan with butter mixture to coat. Bake for 15-18 minutes - until golden on top.

I pop the chicken in the microwave, and then do this demo, and put it in the oven. Then, the chicken and biscuits are done around the same time! It's an easy and WOW! demo!

Wow, that is so easy and sounds awesome- combines my fav foods: garlic, cheese, bread, and butter!
It gave me a great idea to make monkey bread the same way. Use cinnamon and sugar instead of garlic,seasoning, and cheese. I imagine if you wanted to make a lot you could use the 12" skillet, right? I have a big family.

And are you using executive or stainless?

Thanks again, I love it!

niclowther said:
Wow, that is so easy and sounds awesome- combines my fav foods: garlic, cheese, bread, and butter!
It gave me a great idea to make monkey bread the same way. Use cinnamon and sugar instead of garlic,seasoning, and cheese. I imagine if you wanted to make a lot you could use the 12" skillet, right? I have a big family.

And are you using executive or stainless?

Thanks again, I love it!

For Brunch shows, I often make them sweet instead of savory. I use the same amount of butter, and then 2 tbls. of brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of caramel or cinnamon sprinkles. (or I like to mix the two!) It's a very quick and easy way to make monkey bread. And usually when I do this, just about everyone adds sprinkles to their order!:)

I wouldn't try the sweet ones, especially, in stainless - that could be a real mess. But, it sells Executive Skillets and gets bookings, because everyone is amazed at how the Bites just slide right out. ( I slide the whole pan of biscuits out onto a dots plate - and pour any extra butter mixture over the top)

Stop! You are making me hungry, Becky! :p

I think I may try that "30 min Chicken 'n Biscuits" idea. These people in the south love their chicken 'n biscuits!

DessertDivaFL said:
Stop! You are making me hungry, Becky! :p

I think I may try that "30 min Chicken 'n Biscuits" idea. These people in the south love their chicken 'n biscuits!

:p:p:p

Apparently, so do people in Michigan!

A big Wow for me has been the Lemon Greek Chicken, but I put it in the DCB and nuke it for 15 mins. They love it!

I had a few shows last winter at which I demoed the Smashed Potato Soup (DCB, microwave) and the biscuit bites (cookware, oven). People were flabbergasted that we used stones and cookware the way we did, since they're used to thinking of stones as an "oven" item, and cookware as a "stovetop" item.

trifles are usually a big hit, because they are so easy to make and so pretty when they are finished. then of course....they taste great and serve a lot.

Keep em' coming!

And just to clarify..I'm aiming to just find ANY and ALL recipes that WOW you and your guests....Whether you prepare them ahead or you do them as a demo...b/c i have people on my team that do shows both ways so I'm looking for AMAZINGLY 'wow' factor recipes..

I just love the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle! I do cut down on the instant coffee sometimes. Depends on whether the crowd likes coffee or not. And I don't make it with Kalhua. I make the coffee syrup substitution. Kahlua is just too expensive... plus, I live in a county that was dry until just recently and even now it's only "moist". We can get drinks at restaurants, but there are no liquor stores... I would have to drive 45 minutes to a liquor store.

PB Cup Trifle is a big wow for everyone involved, whether made ahead or demo'ed. The 15 min. fajitas in the DCB seem to be my "goldmine", always with the one-bowl salsa. DCB's and salad choppers have been selling like hotcakes here at full-price, and it's what my hosts choose one way or another 90% of the time. I love the idea of the chicken and biscuits though! Mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm!

question:

30 minute chicken - how do you serve it to where it's not making a mess?

Symara said:
question:

30 minute chicken - how do you serve it to where it's not making a mess?

It's always a mess. That has never bothered my guests though!

I lift it out onto the Dots Medium Oval Platter or a square plate, and and cut it apart with the scissors - that helps. Then I use a knife and slice off some slices of breast meat, and then I tell them to just have at it!

Heather, thanks for starting this thread!

OK, I love artichoke dips, but the original PC one was not my fave. I didn't like that the vegetable soup mix was still crunchy after the microwave and oven. So, I adapted it and came up with this recipe. It is easy and it is cheaper.

I took this to a show last night and everyone loved it.
Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip VARIATION
1 16-oz sourdough bread rounds (about 6-in. diameter) usually $2.69
1 loaf of French Bread or Italian Bread usually $1.29
Vegetable oil in spritzer
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup milk
15 oz artichoke hearts, marinated and drained
2 garlic clove, pressed
1 lemon
1 container (16 oz) sour cream
1 tablespoon seasoning (pick your favorite, but I use Citrus & Basil Rub)
3 oz Grated fresh Parmesan or Asiago cheese
1 oz Grated fresh Parmesan or Asiago cheese, grated over bread bowl and bread pieces
Salt & Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450°F. Using Color Coated Bread Knife, slice off top of bread round to create a lid; set lid aside. Carefully remove center of bread round to form a 4½-inch-wide and 2-inch-deep well for dip. Slice loaf 1-in. cubes. Place bread bowl on center of Large Round Stone with Handles. Arrange bread cubes around bowl; spray with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer.

In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Add milk to cream cheese; whisk until smooth. Chop artichokes using Food Chopper. Add artichokes, seasoning, and garlic pressed with Garlic Press to batter bowl; mix well using Small Mix ’N Scraper®. Using the Rotary Grater, grate 3 oz of cheese into the Batter Bowl with mixture. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 3 tbsp juice. Stir juice and sour cream into mixture. Microwave on Medium power for 2 minutes. Pour into bread bowl.

Grate remaining Parmesan cheese over bread bowl and bread cubes using Rotary Grater. Lean lid against bread bowl. Bake 13-15 minutes or until bread cubes and top of dip are golden brown. Remove from oven; serve immediately. ENJOY!

loving this thread!!!! i have wowed the guests with the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad. They just love it!!!

I too have always had great success with the 30-min chicken show.:thumbup: People are so amazed on how great a chicken can be from the microwave!

Chicken Fajitas in 15 minutes, with salsa and guacamole.

I've always had rave reviews on my trifles.Other Favorites:
Jerk Chicken Nachos
Pepperoni Pizza Twist
Broccoli Ham Ring
Cheesy Bacon Bites
Mexican Chicken Lasagna (new hit)
Garlic Bites
Touchdown Taco DipFunny thing is when I take something somewhere for a potluck or whatever, I almost always love to take dessert. For shows, I almost always love to make an appetizer or meal unless a dessert is requested...odd...I need to try those Wonton things...I was going to use the Ginger Wasabi sauce on some shrimp tonight since DH is eating at camp...

I always make a 1-2-3 cake using the Stoneware Fluted Pan in the microwave at a show as one of my demos. It never fails to WOW and I always sell a bunch of the pans. Another popular dish is the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares. It's quick and easy to demo and feeds a ton. People really seem to love it.

A question, though, about the 30 minute chicken demo. I've done this at home and the results ARE fabulous, but it seems a bit messy on the prep work. I'm not sure how keen my hosts would be about me wrestling with a whole, raw chicken in their kitchens, or as often happens, in their living rooms. Do you prep the chicken beforehand and just show the guests the uncooked chicken in the DCB before you microwave it, or do you do the whole prep thing as part of the demo? If so, how do you keep the mess contained? I'd LOVE to do this dish at a show, but I'm VERY apprehensive about the whole washing/drying part. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

chefann said:
I had a few shows last winter at which I demoed the Smashed Potato Soup (DCB, microwave) and the biscuit bites (cookware, oven). People were flabbergasted that we used stones and cookware the way we did, since they're used to thinking of stones as an "oven" item, and cookware as a "stovetop" item.

Does anyone have the Smashed Potato Soup recipe they could give me? Thanks

Nicole ~ The smashed potato soup recipe is in the files section here.

Okay Becky and all others who've made the 30 minute chicken I have a question. Could I have the host have the chicken cleaned before I get there or is that asking too much? I have no idea how to clean a chicken - we buy ours in pieces because the thought it just nasty to me! On the few occasions where we've won or been given a turkey I have DH do it.

I'd love to offer this show for the DCB but can't/won't, more like won't, clean a chicken. EWWW!

It is tricky to keep the mess in order. i do most of the messy work before the guests come, so overall the messiest part of the show is done. But i've also been fortunate to have hosts with open concept kitchen/dining room areas that have been GREAT for cooking shows. I only once had to do a show in the living room, and that was tricky because i am one messy cook!

kcjodih said:
Okay Becky and all others who've made the 30 minute chicken I have a question. Could I have the host have the chicken cleaned before I get there or is that asking too much? I have no idea how to clean a chicken - we buy ours in pieces because the thought it just nasty to me! On the few occasions where we've won or been given a turkey I have DH do it.

I'd love to offer this show for the DCB but can't/won't, more like won't, clean a chicken. EWWW!

The "guts" are in a bag. You just pull them out and put them in a plastic grocery bag -- you don't even need to look at them. Rinse the chicken with tap water and put in DCB. Have that done, oil and season the chicken before the guests get there. Show them the raw chicken at the very start of the show, into the microwave, done.

lisaw said:
Nicole ~ The smashed potato soup recipe is in the files section here.

Thanks, I was looking under recipes.

floccies said:
The "guts" are in a bag. You just pull them out and put them in a plastic grocery bag -- you don't even need to look at them. Rinse the chicken with tap water and put in DCB. Have that done, oil and season the chicken before the guests get there. Show them the raw chicken at the very start of the show, into the microwave, done.

Not always...with all the chicken I have bought the "guts" have not been in bags they are loose. They use to always be in bags but not anymore.

You can do the 30 min chik with chicken quarters, if a whole chicken freaks you out. I was at one of my recruits' first shows, and that's what she did. We put 4 dark quarters (leg and thigh) in the DCB. It took about 20 minutes to cook.

floccies said:

In a bag? Well that's cool but I still have to put my hand in don't I? Eww

PCJen said:
Not always...with all the chicken I have bought the "guts" have not been in bags they are loose. They use to always be in bags but not anymore.

Double EWWWWWW!

chefann said:
You can do the 30 min chik with chicken quarters, if a whole chicken freaks you out. I was at one of my recruits' first shows, and that's what she did. We put 4 dark quarters (leg and thigh) in the DCB. It took about 20 minutes to cook.

Thanks Ann, good to know! So I'm guessing asking the host to have the chicken ready isn't a good idea?

kcjodih said:

I always ask my host to have the chicken cleaned and ready to go. Just one less thing I have to do when I get there.

I always wear disposable gloves at my shows so doing the chicken wouldn't bother me as my hands don't actually touch the chicken. I don't like the feel of any raw meat. It just grosses me out. I certainly would not make a good doctor or mortiician I guess LOL

kcjodih said:
Thanks Ann, good to know! So I'm guessing asking the host to have the chicken ready isn't a good idea?

Jodi~

I don't see why not! Before I started bringing the ingredients, I would ask them to have stuff washed and ready to go (produce) and cream cheese softened, etc. Why not have the chicken washed and patted dry for you?

PCJen said:
I always ask my host to have the chicken cleaned and ready to go. Just one less thing I have to do when I get there.

Jennie I think I love you! :D

KellyTheChef said:
Jodi~

I don't see why not! Before I started bringing the ingredients, I would ask them to have stuff washed and ready to go (produce) and cream cheese softened, etc. Why not have the chicken washed and patted dry for you?

Thanks Kelly, I knew you were my bud :D I'm going to offer it and if I have a host accept, I'll casually ask her to have the chicken cleaned and ready to go. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

ok, so here is my BIG HIT!!!!
everyone LOVES the 12 minute micro cake RIGHT?!
So, I do a Pineapple upside down cake in the microwave:1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) melted
1 cup brown sugarMix the two together, spread evenly in the bottom of the stoneware fluted pan
top with pineapple slices (did this at all my shows in feb. and used the Pineapple wedger and FRESH PINEAPPLE!) BIG HIT. Arrange the pineapple wedges together to form circles. Place 1 marracino cherry in the middle of each one.Mix cake mix according to package directions substituting the water with pineapple juice.
Pour over top of pineapple and brown sugar/butter mixture.Microwave on high 10-12 minutes............
flip out onto serving platter and enjoy the ooooohhhhss and aaaaaaahhhhhss!!!! AND, served warm, just melts in your mouth!!!!!Now, keep in mind, I work a full time job and have 3 kids at home, so I do Pampered Chef only part time - February, 3 shows - 10 bookings - $2593.00 in sales!!!! YAY!!!! I love to show this pan at a show, because EVERYONE loves an easy dessert. And, it is a $27.00 order right away, that is before they add anything else too it. AND I usually just throw this on as an add-on recipe for my host and bring the ingredients with me. It is a nice surprise for everyone.

Thanks for sharing Diana! Do you use a regular white cake mix?

usually buy the duncan hines pineapple upside down cake mix - really don't see a difference in that one versus a yellow cake mix if you are using the pineapple juice instead of water.

ChefBeckyD said:
Well, last night at a Women's Night Out Event, I had a BEAUTIFUL kitchen to work with (at a Kitchen Design Center!) and I had:

The new dipping oil seasonings w/ french bread cubes on the bamboo cracker tray.

Cream Cheese w/ Pineapple Rum Sauce poured over it & crackers on the med. bamboo tray.

Steamed Wonton Purses w/ Ginger Wasabi Sauce.

Everyone LOVED all of it - and I booked 4 shows because they want me to come teach them how to make the Wonton Purses. RAVE REVIEWS from everyone there!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!! I am going to look up the recipe for Wonton Purses and do all 3 of these at a show. What a great idea!!

Debbie Holte said:
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!! I am going to look up the recipe for Wonton Purses and do all 3 of these at a show. What a great idea!!

It was so much fun - and so easy! I'm glad you think it's a great idea!

the Wonton recipe is in the new SB cookbook - it's my official new favorite recipe!

Thanks Diana!

I've never made this at a show but I tell them about it during my demo and it is always a 'WOW".

When using the Classic Batter Bowl in a recipe I always add that you can make a cake in this bowl AND homemade mashed potaotes. They always always want to mashed potatoes recipes and they are usually so excited about it that they just flip their books to the page with the batter bowl and write the recipe beside it. I've always gotten orders for it, too.

I've never had anyone say didn't like a recipe so I assume they are all satisfied. But the WOW comes from the extra batter bowl usages.

<h2>1. What is the Mocha Skillet Cake recipe? </h2><p>The Mocha Skillet Cake is a decadent chocolate cake made in a skillet and topped with crushed toffee bars. It is a delicious and easy dessert that will impress your guests.</p><h2>2. What ingredients are needed for the Mocha Skillet Cake? </h2><p>The ingredients for the Mocha Skillet Cake are all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, unsweetened cocoa powder, eggs, vanilla extract, brewed coffee, milk, toffee bars, and melted chocolate for drizzling.</p><h2>3. What modifications did you make to the Mocha Skillet Cake recipe? </h2><p>I made a small modification to the Mocha Skillet Cake recipe by drizzling additional melted chocolate over the outer edge of the cake after topping it with crushed toffee bars. This added an extra layer of chocolate and enhanced the presentation of the cake.</p><h2>4. How do you make the Mocha Skillet Cake? </h2><p>To make the Mocha Skillet Cake, mix together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, brewed coffee, and milk. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until well combined. Pour the batter into a greased skillet and bake for 30-35 minutes. Once done, top with crushed toffee bars and melted chocolate.</p><h2>5. Can I make the Mocha Skillet Cake ahead of time? </h2><p>Yes, you can make the Mocha Skillet Cake ahead of time. Simply store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months. Just thaw before serving and add the toppings.</p>

1. What is the Mocha Skillet Cake recipe?

The Mocha Skillet Cake is a decadent chocolate cake made in a skillet and topped with crushed toffee bars. It is a delicious and easy dessert that will impress your guests.

2. What ingredients are needed for the Mocha Skillet Cake?

The ingredients for the Mocha Skillet Cake are all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, unsweetened cocoa powder, eggs, vanilla extract, brewed coffee, milk, toffee bars, and melted chocolate for drizzling.

3. What modifications did you make to the Mocha Skillet Cake recipe?

I made a small modification to the Mocha Skillet Cake recipe by drizzling additional melted chocolate over the outer edge of the cake after topping it with crushed toffee bars. This added an extra layer of chocolate and enhanced the presentation of the cake.

4. How do you make the Mocha Skillet Cake?

To make the Mocha Skillet Cake, mix together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, brewed coffee, and milk. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until well combined. Pour the batter into a greased skillet and bake for 30-35 minutes. Once done, top with crushed toffee bars and melted chocolate.

5. Can I make the Mocha Skillet Cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Mocha Skillet Cake ahead of time. Simply store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months. Just thaw before serving and add the toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sunnygirl in nd
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
CitizenChef
  • krissichef