• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share the Recipes That Wow You and Your Guests!

In summary, participants in this conversation shared recipes they have personally made, taken to a show, and which have wowed their guests. Recipes included a mocha skillet cake, 30 minute chicken and garlic parmesan biscuit bites, lemon Greek chicken, smashed potato soup, tiramisu brownie trifle, PB cup trifle, and artichoke dip. Modifications to the recipes were also shared.
ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah - 30 Minute Chicken and Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites have been a gold mine for me! There is NO demo that has EVER gotten me more bookings than that one! (but it's a demo, not something I make and bring to a show - they have to see it done to believe it!)

Another great combo I need to try! I've made the Biscuit Bites at shows in the past and they are so simple yet impressive. I don't know why I stopped doing them???

Debbie Holte said:
Another great combo I need to try! I've made the Biscuit Bites at shows in the past and they are so simple yet impressive. I don't know why I stopped doing them???
Hee Hee - Debbie, I think we like the same foods for demos!:chef::D

dianafeller said:
ok, so here is my BIG HIT!!!!
everyone LOVES the 12 minute micro cake RIGHT?!
So, I do a Pineapple upside down cake in the microwave:

1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) melted
1 cup brown sugar

Mix the two together, spread evenly in the bottom of the stoneware fluted pan
top with pineapple slices (did this at all my shows in feb. and used the Pineapple wedger and FRESH PINEAPPLE!) BIG HIT. Arrange the pineapple wedges together to form circles. Place 1 marracino cherry in the middle of each one.

Mix cake mix according to package directions substituting the water with pineapple juice.
Pour over top of pineapple and brown sugar/butter mixture.

Microwave on high 10-12 minutes............
flip out onto serving platter and enjoy the ooooohhhhss and aaaaaaahhhhhss!!!! AND, served warm, just melts in your mouth!!!!!

Now, keep in mind, I work a full time job and have 3 kids at home, so I do Pampered Chef only part time - February, 3 shows - 10 bookings - $2593.00 in sales!!!! YAY!!!!

I love to show this pan at a show, because EVERYONE loves an easy dessert. And, it is a $27.00 order right away, that is before they add anything else too it.

AND I usually just throw this on as an add-on recipe for my host and bring the ingredients with me. It is a nice surprise for everyone.

Oh my gosh! I love Pineapple Upside Down Cake. This sounds perfect for me at home. Well, ok, I guess I could make it at my shows too. ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Hee Hee - Debbie, I think we like the same foods for demos!:chef::D

I think you are right! :)

Here's one I have made at a lot of shows the past few months: The Chicken Tortilla Casserole. The recipe says to put it in the Deep Dish Baker and put parchment paper over the top. Well, that is way too much work for me. I'd rather just put it into the Deep Covered Baker and I get WOWs every time and lots of bookings (and purchases) for the Deep Covered Baker.
The original recipe is in the S/S 08 Seasons Best.

Last edited:
Debbie Holte said:
I think you are right! :)

Here's one I have made at a lot of shows the past few months: The Chicken Tortilla Casserole. The recipe says to put it in the Deep Dish Baker and put parchment paper over the top. Well, that is way too much work for me. I'd rather just put it into the Deep Covered Baker and I get WOWs every time and lots of bookings (and purchases) for the Deep Covered Baker.

That's so funny - because I ALWAYS use the DCB instead of the DDB! It's more versatile, and I get way more bookings and sales from it!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
For Brunch shows, I often make them sweet instead of savory. I use the same amount of butter, and then 2 tbls. of brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of caramel or cinnamon sprinkles. (or I like to mix the two!) It's a very quick and easy way to make monkey bread. And usually when I do this, just about everyone adds sprinkles to their order!:)

I wouldn't try the sweet ones, especially, in stainless - that could be a real mess. But, it sells Executive Skillets and gets bookings, because everyone is amazed at how the Bites just slide right out. ( I slide the whole pan of biscuits out onto a dots plate - and pour any extra butter mixture over the top)

Becky, I did actually make your "bites" in my 10" stainless and they just slid right outta the skillet beautifully! It's all better with butta! Now, I would have to caution doing that with the "sweet ones" as you said.

dianafeller said:
So, I do a Pineapple upside down cake in the microwave:1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) melted
1 cup brown sugarMix the two together, spread evenly in the bottom of the stoneware fluted pan
top with pineapple slices (did this at all my shows in feb. and used the Pineapple wedger and FRESH PINEAPPLE!) BIG HIT. Arrange the pineapple wedges together to form circles. Place 1 marracino cherry in the middle of each one.Mix cake mix according to package directions substituting the water with pineapple juice.
Pour over top of pineapple and brown sugar/butter mixture.Microwave on high 10-12 minutes............
flip out onto serving platter and enjoy the ooooohhhhss and aaaaaaahhhhhss!!!! AND, served warm, just melts in your mouth!!!!!Now, keep in mind, I work a full time job and have 3 kids at home, so I do Pampered Chef only part time - February, 3 shows - 10 bookings - $2593.00 in sales!!!! YAY!!!! I love to show this pan at a show, because EVERYONE loves an easy dessert. And, it is a $27.00 order right away, that is before they add anything else too it. AND I usually just throw this on as an add-on recipe for my host and bring the ingredients with me. It is a nice surprise for everyone.
Wow! Love this idea! I might have to try it at my next show! It's a brunch show and I was going to make a fritatta and monkey bread, but maybe I'll do this instead of the monkey bread! I like to show how the stones can go in the microwave! Thanks for sharing!!! One question... do you let it sit for 10 minutes in the stone after it comes out of the microwave like the other cakes? Do you flip it right away and then let it sit with the stone still over it? I need details, I'm not very good at figuring these things out for myself

Hi Paula,I usually flip it within just a few minutes - never longer than 5. Like to let the brown sugar and butter run all over it. YUMMMMMMM!!!!!!! Try one at home first. This one is always a favorite around our house and never lasts very long. How do I post a picture on here? I can show you a pic of the last one I made for my hubby on valentine's day.

Power Cooking shows have gotten great reviews as well as the Mojito Torte!

dianafeller said:

Love the idea of pinapple upsidedown cake on this site but what is the "normal" 12 minute micro cake recipe? I can't seem to find it anywhere and want a quick easy dessert to add to my show tomorrow night. Thanks!

the new mexican chicken lasagna has been a big hit. I made that at a show the other night and sold so many DCBs!

dianafeller said:
Hi Paula,

I usually flip it within just a few minutes - never longer than 5. Like to let the brown sugar and butter run all over it. YUMMMMMMM!!!!!!! Try one at home first. This one is always a favorite around our house and never lasts very long.

How do I post a picture on here? I can show you a pic of the last one I made for my hubby on valentine's day.

Would love to see a piture, I think that you just go down to the bottom when writing a message and click on Manage Attachments and go from there... Looking forward to seeing it! So, after you flip you lift the stone off too? I know I'm a little slow...

maassl said:
Love the idea of pinapple upsidedown cake on this site but what is the "normal" 12 minute micro cake recipe? I can't seem to find it anywhere and want a quick easy dessert to add to my show tomorrow night. Thanks!

Look under the files section under fluted stone and there are a lot of the different files with tons of recipes

pineapple upside down.jpg

yep, just lift the pan off of it. YUMMMMMM!!!!:chef:

does anyone do a WOW Skillet cake?

stefani2 said:
does anyone do a WOW Skillet cake?

I have done the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake and it is WOW!! When you flip it out and nothing sticks everyone is amazed.

I've always done mine in the non-stick 12" Skillet. The only hard part for me is flipping it out because it is heavy and I don't have a lot of strength in my hands.

The Pina Colada Upside Down Cake is really good too!

Debbie Holte said:
I have done the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake and it is WOW!! When you flip it out and nothing sticks everyone is amazed.

I've always done mine in the non-stick 12" Skillet. The only hard part for me is flipping it out because it is heavy and I don't have a lot of strength in my hands.

I love the Pina Colada one, my problem with the flip is I couldn't get it centered on the platter and once it's there it's there! Need to work on that, but you're right, it is really heavy for the flip..

ChefPaulaB said:
Wow! Love this idea! I might have to try it at my next show! It's a brunch show and I was going to make a fritatta and monkey bread, but maybe I'll do this instead of the monkey bread! I like to show how the stones can go in the microwave! Thanks for sharing!!! One question... do you let it sit for 10 minutes in the stone after it comes out of the microwave like the other cakes? Do you flip it right away and then let it sit with the stone still over it? I need details, I'm not very good at figuring these things out for myself

I made monkey bread (in the fluted pan) for the first time last night and my family flipped over it; do you do anything different to the recipe in order to make it in the microwave instead of the oven?

dianafeller said:
View attachment 13549

yep, just lift the pan off of it. YUMMMMMM!!!!:chef:

Very pretty! I am excited to try this! Problem is, if I try it at home, I'll eat it! Might just wait until the show, doesn't seem that complicated...

itsjustCarla said:
I made monkey bread (in the fluted pan) for the first time last night and my family flipped over it; do you do anything different to the recipe in order to make it in the microwave instead of the oven?

I'm not sure that you can make it in the microwave... I was going to have it baking in the oven while people arrived (so they'd smell it) and then take it out and bake my frittata and serve them together. That's why I thought the Pineapple Upside Down Cake would work better, because it'll show that they can put the stones in the microwave and I'll be doing a skillet frittata, so I'll be putting cookware in the oven. Shows lots of versatility! I wish there was a way to do the monkey bread in the micro, if anyone knows, please share!

ChefPaulaB said:
Very pretty! I am excited to try this! Problem is, if I try it at home, I'll eat it! Might just wait until the show, doesn't seem that complicated...

It's not complicated and its YUMMY!!! I always ended up eating lots when we make it at home. Always a crowd pleaser!!! Good Luck and HAVE FUN!!!!

Debbie Holte said:

Where can I find the recipe for the pina colada upside down cake? sounds YUMMY!!!

It's in the Season's Best, Fall/winter 2008... Yummy! If you don't have it just look on CC under REcipes and Products... it has all of the recipes from Season's Best going back to about 2005 or something like that.

Everyone has loved the Aloha Pizza. It is one of my favorite recipes to make - my family loves it too!

Tried the Pineapple..... LOVE IT!!!

So glad you love it!!!! I did it as an "add on" recipe at all of my shows in March. Everyone LOVED it!!!!! Sold a ton of those stoneware fluted pans!!!! Did that AND the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco in the DCB - it was awesome to show the guests that they could have dinner and dessert in 30 minutes!!!!! FUN FUN!!! And soooooo yummy!!!!!!:thumbup:

I love to do the 11 minute microwave cakes in the Stoneware Fluted Pan. All the variations come out perfectly every time! I keep a few files of these and other recipes for the Stoneware Fluted Pan and tell everyone that if they purchase one I will be sure and send them all the recipes so they can use it right way. It is always a hit and a bit Wow!

chezshelly said:
I love to do the 11 minute microwave cakes in the Stoneware Fluted Pan. All the variations come out perfectly every time! I keep a few files of these and other recipes for the Stoneware Fluted Pan and tell everyone that if they purchase one I will be sure and send them all the recipes so they can use it right way. It is always a hit and a bit Wow!

Would you mind sharing some of the recipes? Either here or by email?

[email protected]

Thanks

If you search in the "files" section on CS, just search for "Microwave Cakes". You will come up with a ton of recipes. :D

Steamed Wonton Purses have not seen the recipe for this sounds like a winner could you post please.

Dina Atnip said:
Steamed Wonton Purses have not seen the recipe for this sounds like a winner could you post please.

It's in the Spring/Summer Seasons Best Cookbook - and also on CC.

Thanks a million will find them.

Dina Atnip said:
Thanks a million will find them.

Oh - and they are FANTASTIC! Use the Ginger Wasabi sauce for dipping instead of making the sauce. It's the finishing touch on a great recipe!

Thanks I will I have not tried either so it will be a new one to try.

dianafeller said:
So, I do a Pineapple upside down cake in the microwave:

1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) melted
1 cup brown sugar

Mix the two together, spread evenly in the bottom of the stoneware fluted pan
top with pineapple slices (did this at all my shows in feb. and used the Pineapple wedger and FRESH PINEAPPLE!) BIG HIT. Arrange the pineapple wedges together to form circles. Place 1 marracino cherry in the middle of each one.

Mix cake mix according to package directions substituting the water with pineapple juice.
Pour over top of pineapple and brown sugar/butter mixture.

Microwave on high 10-12 minutes............
flip out onto serving platter and enjoy the ooooohhhhss and aaaaaaahhhhhss!!!! AND, served warm, just melts in your mouth!!!!!

Now, keep in mind, I work a full time job and have 3 kids at home, so I do Pampered Chef only part time - February, 3 shows - 10 bookings - $2593.00 in sales!!!! YAY!!!!

I love to show this pan at a show, because EVERYONE loves an easy dessert. And, it is a $27.00 order right away, that is before they add anything else too it.

AND I usually just throw this on as an add-on recipe for my host and bring the ingredients with me. It is a nice surprise for everyone.

I'm sorry- but what kind of cake do you use? Just a box yellow cake?

Also, w/ that pineapple upside down cake...do you let it sit for a certain amount of time when it comes out of the microwave, or do you turn it over right away?

babywings76 said:
Also, w/ that pineapple upside down cake...do you let it sit for a certain amount of time when it comes out of the microwave, or do you turn it over right away?

If you go back to the previous page or two I asked all of these questions and there are some really good details and a picture. You just have to read through a few posts and you should have the answer to any question that you can think of... I need lots of details so I asked a ton of questions.... HTH!

ChefPaulaB said:
If you go back to the previous page or two I asked all of these questions and there are some really good details and a picture. You just have to read through a few posts and you should have the answer to any question that you can think of... I need lots of details so I asked a ton of questions.... HTH!
Oops, sorry. I had read most of this thread a while ago, I guess I should've got fully caught up before posting. :blushing:

babywings76 said:
Oops, sorry. I had read most of this thread a while ago, I guess I should've got fully caught up before posting. :blushing:

Oh no, I didn't mean it like that... I just didn't feel like typing everything... I was really just trying to be helpful, not reprimanding you, I promise!

man...yesterday was NOT my day for reading on here last night. I did read through the posts- but must have glazed over the one RIGHT AFTER the recipe. *doh!*:blushing:

DessertDivaFL said:
Oh my gosh, doesn't that look delicious? Who wouldn't love the stoneware fluted pan after this recipe?

I made it for a brunch show and it was awesome! It would be great for any show I think... It's one of the best microwave cakes that I've tried, but I'm a huge pineapple fan!

WOW!!!!!! I am so glad everyone is enjoying this one!!!!! I sometimes take it as a surprise add on to a show!!!! IT IS ALWAYS A CROWD PLEASER!!!!! I sell so many of those fluted pans, I amaze myself!!!!! Then, I always follow up with a copy of the recipe to everyone that supplied me with an e-mail address and get additional orders and bookings because of it. This is def. one of our faves!!!!! My hubby loves it and when served warm, melts in your mouth!!!!!! :) :)

Been here, got these. Just a note for myself

cwinter474 said:
Been here, got these. Just a note for myself

LOL - I need to do this too!

I love to do the sundried tomato and sausage risotto from the s/s '09 season's best- it's an absolute show stopper and great for summer since it's all in the microwave :)

the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte!!!! ALWAYS a big hit...I pair it up with the Frosty Latte and call it my Ice Cream Show. I go alittle further with the torte and use the EAD and do 1/2 for child...crushed cookies and gummy worms and then the other 1/2 with grated chocolate and a strawberry fan.

For those of you that make the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco - what do you make with it?? I have a show this week and this was requested - I make it at home but I've never done it at a show before.

The Rice Cooker Plus cake is always a hit. Funny, the simple things really seem to bethe hits!

<h2>1. What is the Mocha Skillet Cake recipe? </h2><p>The Mocha Skillet Cake is a decadent chocolate cake made in a skillet and topped with crushed toffee bars. It is a delicious and easy dessert that will impress your guests.</p><h2>2. What ingredients are needed for the Mocha Skillet Cake? </h2><p>The ingredients for the Mocha Skillet Cake are all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, unsweetened cocoa powder, eggs, vanilla extract, brewed coffee, milk, toffee bars, and melted chocolate for drizzling.</p><h2>3. What modifications did you make to the Mocha Skillet Cake recipe? </h2><p>I made a small modification to the Mocha Skillet Cake recipe by drizzling additional melted chocolate over the outer edge of the cake after topping it with crushed toffee bars. This added an extra layer of chocolate and enhanced the presentation of the cake.</p><h2>4. How do you make the Mocha Skillet Cake? </h2><p>To make the Mocha Skillet Cake, mix together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, brewed coffee, and milk. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until well combined. Pour the batter into a greased skillet and bake for 30-35 minutes. Once done, top with crushed toffee bars and melted chocolate.</p><h2>5. Can I make the Mocha Skillet Cake ahead of time? </h2><p>Yes, you can make the Mocha Skillet Cake ahead of time. Simply store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months. Just thaw before serving and add the toppings.</p>

1. What is the Mocha Skillet Cake recipe?

The Mocha Skillet Cake is a decadent chocolate cake made in a skillet and topped with crushed toffee bars. It is a delicious and easy dessert that will impress your guests.

2. What ingredients are needed for the Mocha Skillet Cake?

The ingredients for the Mocha Skillet Cake are all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, unsweetened cocoa powder, eggs, vanilla extract, brewed coffee, milk, toffee bars, and melted chocolate for drizzling.

3. What modifications did you make to the Mocha Skillet Cake recipe?

I made a small modification to the Mocha Skillet Cake recipe by drizzling additional melted chocolate over the outer edge of the cake after topping it with crushed toffee bars. This added an extra layer of chocolate and enhanced the presentation of the cake.

4. How do you make the Mocha Skillet Cake?

To make the Mocha Skillet Cake, mix together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, brewed coffee, and milk. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until well combined. Pour the batter into a greased skillet and bake for 30-35 minutes. Once done, top with crushed toffee bars and melted chocolate.

5. Can I make the Mocha Skillet Cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Mocha Skillet Cake ahead of time. Simply store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months. Just thaw before serving and add the toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sunnygirl in nd
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
CitizenChef
  • krissichef