• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Best Dessert Fondue Recipe?

In summary, the conversation revolved around fondue recipes and a new double boiler product being released on March 1. The discussed recipe for a dessert fondue included Baker's Semi-Sweet chocolate, light cream, Malibu rum, vanilla, and various optional toppings. The poster also mentioned posting another fondue recipe using European cheese.
robochick84
I had discussed fondue recipes in a previous thread when the new products came out. I made my first "American" fondue today in the double boiler, and thought I would share the recipe (mind you, this is adhoc, because I don't measure when I cook family recipes!)Dessert Fondue
8 squares of Baker's Semi-Sweet chocolate
appx 3/4 of 1 pint of light cream
2 shots of malibu rum
1tsp of vanillaAccessorize as wanted with
Strawberries
Bannanas
Pound Cake
Marshmallows
Tangerines
etcI need to get to the market to get my fav Euro cheese and will post again

Sounds very yummy:)

Remember we have a new "double boiler" insert being released March 1. Fondue recipes will make terrific demos for the product and for both lines of our pots and pans.

RMDave said:
Remember we have a new "double boiler" insert being released March 1. Fondue recipes will make terrific demos for the product and for both lines of our pots and pans.

The recipes that I will post in this thread stem from an earlier discussion when the double boiler was unveiled as some were looking for recipes for this exact use.

BTW... not sure if any of the items come with directions, but this is how we make ours in Germany.

1. add 1-2 cups of water to pot (I used 3 qt stainless steel)
2. insert double boiler
3. simmer water
4. slowly add shredded or small chocolate pieces, not whole chunks (I used the rotary grater)
5. as you add chocolate add small amounts of cream to avoid clumping
6. once you have your preferred mixture (thicker for coating strawberries and thinner for fondue) add all "accessories" such as caramel, liquor, nuts, etc

robochick84;721594 I need to get to the market to get my fav Euro cheese and will post again.[/QUOTE said:
I can't wait to see your cheesy fondue recipe! Thanks.​

1. What types of cheese are typically used in a German fondue?

German fondue recipes often use a combination of Emmental, Gruyere, and Appenzeller cheeses for a traditional flavor.

2. Can I substitute any of the cheeses in the recipe?

Yes, you can experiment with different types of cheese, but it may alter the taste and texture of the fondue. It's best to stick to the traditional cheeses for an authentic German fondue experience.

3. What type of bread is best for dipping in the fondue?

German fondue is typically served with crusty bread such as baguette or rye bread. However, you can also use vegetables, fruits, or even pretzels for dipping.

4. Can I make a vegetarian version of the fondue?

Yes, you can use vegetable broth instead of beef broth and substitute the traditional meats with vegetables such as mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions.

5. How do I prevent the fondue from burning or becoming too thick?

To prevent burning, it's important to keep the heat on low and stir the fondue constantly. If it becomes too thick, you can add a splash of wine or broth to thin it out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcbrandy
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • pampchefrhondab