• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Notice This With Weekday Dinners Done! Recipes?

I have liked just about all the recipes, but did feel that they weren't consistent w/ portion sizing.We made the Pronto Pasta & Sausage Skillet at Cluster the other night and it filled the 12" Skillet. I thought there was plenty there. Maybe we were heavy handed on the pasta?
kdangel518
Gold Member
They are supposed to make 6 servings, but I really don't think those are 6 servings... curious as to what the rest of you think. Maybe they are 6 REAL servings (we Americans do tend to have MUCH larger servings than what is actually considered a serving!) but if these are supposed to feed a family of 6 for a weeknight dinner, I don't know that they're going to cut it.

Last night I made the Tasty Turkey Tetrazzini and tonight was Pronto Pasta & Sausage skillet. DH and I both ate the serving size that we would typically eat and we had enough for him and I to take to work the next day- 4 servings.

Whenever I make a Power Cooking recipe I get at least 6 full servings out of those, so I'm a little disappointed in the net amount of food that comes out of the recipe when it's advertised as 6 servings.

For us personally it's better b/c it's just the two of us and if we have more than 4 servings sometimes food goes to waste (there's only so much leftovers you can take!) but I'm thinking of my customers.

Anyone else notice the same thing?

Well, if you look at any recipe or packaged food at what the 'serving size' is considered, we do tend to eat alot more than is considered a serving size. A bag of cookies usually is only 2 cookies for a serving- but WHO eats that many?? ;)Maybe PC has corrected their serving sizes, I used to think most of their recipes made alot MORE than the serving sizes stated- because we'd have so much. But in my house, we try to stick to the correct serving size for foods (I'm a WW member, so always watching that).

Bobbi- I am a WW member too... trying to get back on the wagon, lol. But let's be realistic. If PC is marketing these as recipes that serve 6 they have to take into account what the typical AMERICAN serving is, as they normally do with the rest of their recipes (I feel PC servings are large!)Just saying if I was a mom with a family of 6 and my consultant marketed these to me as budget friendly fast and easy dinners to feed my entire family these recipes wouldn't fly! Dinner wouldn't be done in 30 minutes b/c you'd have to put more work into a number of other things to supplement the meal.I'm disappointed b/c I was really looking forward to pushing these A LOT this fall and I just don't feel as confident in them know, ya know? :(

Maybe put a positive spin on it as far as "correct or recommended" serving sizes. We (DH &I) do larger servings than my SIL does, so for her the 6 servings would be right one.

I've made two of the recipes. The Moroccan Chicken and the Parm Crusted Chicken. I thought they both made plenty. They filled the 12 inch skillet. I thought they made plenty. I do have to admit, I didn't weigh the chicken I used, so maybe I used more than it called for?

Ok, maybe it's just me then! I just don't think these make enough, at least the two recipes I made, for a family of 6. But maybe it's me ;)

kdangel518 said:
Ok, maybe it's just me then! I just don't think these make enough, at least the two recipes I made, for a family of 6. But maybe it's me ;)

Now, maybe, in 10 years, when I have a 13 and a 10 year old boys, I'll be making a double batch. :cool:

I hate to say it Holly but you definitely will... no maybe there!

These are only entrees - serve them with a salad. That'll help stretch them. But I have noticed that as well. It's just DH and me at home, and we get 4-5 servings from most of the weekday dinners cards.

I totally agree with you on this! Some of the recipes filled the skillet and were plenty, but others...welll....I felt were skimpy. I have 4 kids, but they don't eat much, combined they probably equal 1 adult portion. :D The Tetrazinni and the Tortellini dishes I definitely thought didn't make much. And since they have pasta, meat, and veggies in there I was thinking what could I make as a side dish to help stretch it? Maybe garlic biscuit bites? Yummy! :)I have liked just about all the recipes, but did feel that they weren't consistent w/ portion sizing.

We made the Pronto Pasta & Sausage Skillet at Cluster the other night and it filled the 12" Skillet. I thought there was plenty there. Maybe we were heavy handed on the pasta?

I am adding this to my fall recipe choices (instead of the Skillet Lasagna).

I thought the serving size was pretty accurate for a family of six. These are meant to be family dinners so I assume when they say it will feed six they don't mean six adults, it is geared more towards two adults and children. They feed my family of six perfectly and my husband eats a lot!!! And like the others said we always have side dishes to go along with whatever we are eating. Think about your portions, it would more than likely feed two children and if you ended up with four of your portions, it would feed six, two adults and four kids.

PCMomto4 said:
I thought the serving size was pretty accurate for a family of six. These are meant to be family dinners so I assume when they say it will feed six they don't mean six adults, it is geared more towards two adults and children. They feed my family of six perfectly and my husband eats a lot!!! And like the others said we always have side dishes to go along with whatever we are eating. Think about your portions, it would more than likely feed two children and if you ended up with four of your portions, it would feed six, two adults and four kids.

Good to know, coming from the perspective of someone with four kids! Makes me feel better!

I just feel that our Power Cooking recipes produce MUCH more food than these, so I was a bit concerned. Thanks for the reassurance! :)

We do eat way too big of portions though.1 Cup of Pasta is a serving - but I would say that when people pile pasta on their plates, it's probably 2-3 cups of pasta.(at least). It's just me, DH, and DS at home, and I have lots of leftovers when I make one of these. For the 3 of us, it's easily 2 meals worth. I think the point PCMom24 made is correct. For a family of 2 parents, and then children, this would be plenty.We love the Turkey Tetrazzini - made with chicken. But after the first time, I skip the beans, and serve the veggies on the side. We like it better that way, and it's easier for me to see correct portion sizes of pasta, meat, and vegetable.

1. What is the concept behind "Weekday Dinners Done!" recipes?

The concept behind "Weekday Dinners Done!" recipes is to provide quick and easy meal ideas for busy weeknights. These recipes typically use simple ingredients and require minimal prep time, making them perfect for those with hectic schedules.

2. Are there any specific dietary restrictions that these recipes cater to?

The "Weekday Dinners Done!" recipes are designed to be versatile and can cater to a variety of dietary restrictions. They offer options for vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free diets.

3. How can I access the "Weekday Dinners Done!" recipes?

The "Weekday Dinners Done!" recipes can be found on the Pampered Chef website or through their mobile app. They are also featured in the Pampered Chef catalog and at in-home cooking shows.

4. Do the "Weekday Dinners Done!" recipes require any special kitchen tools or equipment?

No, the "Weekday Dinners Done!" recipes are designed to be simple and easy to make with basic kitchen tools. However, some recipes may suggest the use of Pampered Chef products for added convenience.

5. Can I customize the "Weekday Dinners Done!" recipes to my family's preferences?

Yes, the "Weekday Dinners Done!" recipes are meant to be flexible and can be customized to suit your family's tastes. You can substitute ingredients or adjust seasonings to make the recipes your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • leftymac