• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheap Recipes for Side Dish, Appetizer and Dessert

In summary, the conversation is about finding cheap recipes for a husband to take to work. The person is planning on making a cake in a fluted pan and a side dish in a Deep Dish Baker. They came across a recipe for Curly Cheese Potatoes on the official PC site and are interested in doubling or tripling it. Another person suggests a recipe for Wedding Potatoes that uses frozen hash browns, cream of mushroom soup, and cheese. The original person decides to make the Cheesy Potatoes recipe but substitutes tater tots instead of hash browns. The dish is a hit at work.
PamperedSheep
Ok, I am looking for CHEAP recipes. My hubby has to take a side dish, a dessert, or appetizer to work tomorrow, and of course, I want to send him with PC stuff. I am planning on doing a cake in the fluted pan because I already have that in my cabinet. I was also thinking of doing something in the DCB as a side dish. I ran across this recipe on the official PC site:

Curly Cheese Potatoes
Ingredients:
4 medium baking potatoes
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer peel, core and slice potatoes to create long spirals. Slice potato cores into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Place in Deep Dish Baker.

2. Melt butter with garlic pressed with Garlic Press in small saucepan over low heat; drizzle over potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and green onions. Bake 35-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned.

Yield: 4 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 330, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g, Protein 8 g, Sodium 300 mg, Fiber 4 g

Has anyone tried it? I was going to double or triple it to be able to make plenty. I need ideas for something cheap. Thanks!!!!

there was a recipe posted for the Wedding Potatoes (cheesy potatoes made with hash browns) that are really good. Not sure if they are cheap, I think they have the frozen hash browns, cream of mushroom soup and cheese, can't remember for sure what else, but they are really good. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is, I believe that it came from Becky D. I have made them a couple of times, I leave out the onion for personal preference, but they are awesome!

Cheesy Potatoes

2 lbs frozen hashbrowns
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
4 Tbls. butter, melted
8 oz. Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 pint sour cream

Combine all ingredients except butter, and spread in 9x13 baking dish (I used the DDB) Drizzle melted butter over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (or 30 minutes in the microwave on high)

looks good. thanks!

OMG the curly cheese potatoes are good! Plus, I finally got to use my APCS, which was fun! I would definitely double or triple for a larger crowd, and you may want to use cheddar instead of parm.

I did the Cheesy Potato Recipe but instead of hashbrowns, I used tater tots. It was a HUGE success! I told hubby later about the recipe was supposed to use hashbrowns, and he said the men at work were really excited because it was tater tots. They LOVE their tater tots, LOL. Men are so much like kids, :) Thought I would share.....

glad it turned out!

I highly recommend trying out the Curly Cheese Potatoes recipe from the official PC site! It's not only delicious and easy to make, but also budget-friendly. Plus, using the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer and Deep Dish Baker makes it even more convenient.If you're looking for other cheap recipe ideas, I suggest checking out the PC Recipe Library for more inspiration. Some of my personal favorites include the Mini Caprese Skewers made with the Quick Slice or the Mini Taco Cups made with the Mini Muffin Pan.Don't forget to also utilize your pantry staples, such as canned beans and vegetables, to create affordable and tasty dishes. And for dessert, you can never go wrong with a classic fruit crisp made in the Rockcrok Everyday Pan.I hope these suggestions help and good luck with your husband's work event! Happy cooking with PC products.Best,

1. What are some budget-friendly side dish recipes?

Some popular and affordable side dish recipes include roasted vegetables, rice pilaf, quinoa salad, and mashed potatoes. You can also try making a simple pasta dish or a bean and vegetable stew.

2. What are some easy appetizer recipes that won't break the bank?

There are many delicious and inexpensive appetizer options, such as bruschetta, deviled eggs, meatballs, and vegetable platters with dip. You can also make a homemade salsa or hummus to serve with chips.

3. Do you have any suggestions for cheap dessert recipes?

For a budget-friendly dessert, try making fruit crumble, rice crispy treats, or homemade cookies. You can also make a simple fruit salad, and top it with a dollop of whipped cream or yogurt.

4. Are there any recipes for side dishes, appetizers, and desserts that are both inexpensive and healthy?

Yes, there are many healthy and budget-friendly options for side dishes, appetizers, and desserts. Some ideas include roasted vegetables, homemade hummus with veggies, and fruit skewers with yogurt dip.

5. Can you recommend any recipes for side dishes, appetizers, and desserts that are suitable for a party or gathering?

For a party or gathering, some crowd-pleasing options for side dishes, appetizers, and desserts include spinach and artichoke dip, mini quiches, and a fruit platter with chocolate dip. You can also make a big batch of homemade guacamole and serve it with tortilla chips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • kcjodih