1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Tried more recipes! Plus more...

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Did the Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas. I never have tried the normal fajita recipe that has been running around. I did it as said in the recipe cards. Not a big fan of the chipotle seasoning. Maybe the southwestern - what do most of you use? I do plan on doing this as a show recipe. This is a quick simple recipe - do you offer any other recipe with it?

Also tried the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake. While this was good it's so not a good show recipe. Took way too long to do everything required. I got sick of working on it after a while.

So here's another question: I normally offer 4-6 recipes per season and it's usually a combination of appetizers, dinners and desserts. I have my appetizer and dinner picked out but I cannot figure out a dessert. I usually try to stick with the Season's Best but I don't like any of the recipes in there this season for desserts or think they would be good show recipes. Anyone have a good suggestion or maybe I should just stick with the 3 I have making it more simple and skip a dessert this season.

Aug 23, 2009
  2. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

have you tried teh mini carrot cakes?!?!?!? these get a great reaction when i have made them for our church picnic, and a campout this past weekend! i have made them like 4 times in teh last 2 weeks! i think they are pretty easy, i also use the easy accent decorator to do the filling...i know it doesn't show alot of products but they are a great easy recipe!

Aug 23, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

I have tried those but wasn't too impressed with them as a show recipe either.

Aug 23, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

The only dessert in the SB that I would consider doing is a leftover from past seasons - the Pina Colada Upside Down Cake.

Aug 23, 2009
  5. wadesgirl

Hmmm... I've never offered a cookware cake before. Does this work good as either something to make before the show or a live demo (I offer both types of shows just let my hosts choose)?

Aug 23, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I've done it as a demo, and also as a 2nd recipe - when I do it as a 2nd recipe, it's in the oven baking when guests arrive, so they can smell it...then I flip it out onto the round platter so they can all ooohhh and aaahhhh over it, and the wonderfulness of the 12 inch skillet, and then I just finish garnishing it.

Aug 23, 2009
  7. Patty Davis

Patty Davis Member

I've been doing the Molten Lava or Cobbler in the DCB. LOVE IT and the DCB! I am not up to as many as Michael, but I have sold more since conference than I have in 2 years!

Aug 23, 2009
Have something to add?