• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant I'm Just Going to Get All My Complaints for the Year Out Now!

In summary, your business is struggling to get off the ground after a cross-country move and having childcare issues. You finally find a new friend, but she decides to do a show with someone else before you get back. You travel for vacation, but another friend from your Bible study signs up without your knowledge. Lastly, your in-laws refuse to register for a wedding registry.
pcsharon1
Gold Member
I'm just going to get all my business complaints for the year out now, so that I can concentrate on being truly thankful tomorrow. Now, clearly I am aware that I have lots to be thankful for - I have a great husband who is willing to do anything for our family (thus him being deployed for a year), I have a beautiful son that we thought we would never have and were blessed with after almost 10 years of trying, we have a warm house and a running car and plenty to eat whenever we want it. Life could be so much worse. But here are my biggest business complaints of this year......

struggling to get my business started after a cross country move and having issues with childcare because I have a three year old and a deployed husband. I finally found a new friend from my Bible study who agreed to have a show with me as soon as I got back from my vacation. We decided this on June 6th, I left on June 7th and then got an invitation from her for her show with someone else on June 17th! Yep! Trust me, that one nearly made me quit.

Finally get back home after an extended vacation and find that another friend (from the same Bible study), who I had spoken with about PC a couple of times in the spring, has signed up to be a consultant under someone she doesn't even know just because that is who was standing in front of her when she made the decision to do it. Along with this, she has done two other shows with people from our group who had shows to help her out.

And last - my sis-in-law refuses to sign up for a wedding registry (she's getting married next July) basically because she has spent the last 13 years (that's how long I've been a consultant) hearing from her mother how expensive out stuff is and so not worth that much money and that no one will buy her anything if she registers with me. Needless to say my in-laws are not supportive of my business.

So there are my major complaints. And now that I've gotten them out in the open maybe I can get passed them and concentrate on how excited I am to be looking forward to my husband coming home in less than four months and being able to get my business back into full swing once he's back and we are settle back into a regular routine.

Thanks for reading and feel free to share your business complaints that you haven't been able to get past so we can all enjoy Thanksgiving.

Firstly, you need some (((Hugs))). I do hope putting it out there will help you get past it and move on.My current business complaint is this: DH wants me to get a "real" job, because I'm not really making money in my business (most of what I make has gone back into it, so I'm not losing money either). I know the problem is that I'm not really working my business as much as I could/should. If I were to take the few hours a night that he'd want me to get a part-time job, and use those to make calls and such, I'd be flying. The problem is, he won't help me with that. I can't get it done during the day because the boys won't sleep at the same time, and in the evenings, he's apparently incapable of handling both of them for even a hour so that I can make calls. How am I supposed to leave them for a part-time job? Maybe once I go back to my full-time job, I can make calls during lunch or something.

NooraK said:
Firstly, you need some (((Hugs))). I do hope putting it out there will help you get past it and move on.
I can't get it done during the day because the boys won't sleep at the same time, and in the evenings, he's apparently incapable of handling both of them for even a hour so that I can make calls. How am I supposed to leave them for a part-time job? Maybe once I go back to my full-time job, I can make calls during lunch or something.

I totally understand this!! I get 30 minutes a day to make calls while Abel naps and 1 hour in the evening since he goes to bed at 7.
I would just tell the hubby "I'm at work right now, you need to act like I'm not here!"

This reminds me of Seinfeld...The "airing of grievances!"

Lately, my complaints have been I am sick and tired of chasing everyone down to close shows, books dates, get guest lists, etc etc, the list is endless!
I have 5 shows to close out this weekend and I wanted to do them all by tonight, didn't happen! I have been trying to call most of them all week and finally I left a few messages that might not have been "nice" but I did get return calls...they went along the lines of "gee, I have been trying to reach you for days now and I realize that YOU are busy but so am I and if you cannot get back to me then I'm going to assume you don't want any host benefits and this is my last call to you."...gee, do you think THAT got some calls back? It sure did! I don't mean to be rude to my hosts/customers, but geez...I have a life too! :rolleyes:

chefsteph07 said:
This reminds me of Seinfeld...The "airing of grievances!"

Lately, my complaints have been I am sick and tired of chasing everyone down to close shows, books dates, get guest lists, etc etc, the list is endless!I have 5 shows to close out this weekend and I wanted to do them all by tonight, didn't happen! I have been trying to call most of them all week and finally I left a few messages that might not have been "nice" but I did get return calls...they went along the lines of "gee, I have been trying to reach you for days now and I realize that YOU are busy but so am I and if you cannot get back to me then I'm going to assume you don't want any host benefits and this is my last call to you."...gee, do you think THAT got some calls back? It sure did! I don't mean to be rude to my hosts/customers, but geez...I have a life too! :rolleyes:

I hear this! I had to close 4 catalog shows between the 16th and the end of the month and it's been slow going. 1 down, 3 to go. 2 of them are going to have to be combined due to lack of qualification. ARGH!

I will continue the airing of grievances.

I wish DH would help me carry my kit to and from the car. I wish he would ask me once in a while how my show went, and not ask on a Fri. night when he's been drinking for a while and won't remember what I tell him anyway. There is no interest in or support of my biz.

And would one of these darn recruit leads sign already?

Yup, let's get rid of the grievances so we can enjoy Thanksgiving and get ready to jump start the new year without any baggage.

(((hugs))) ladies!!! It's no fun dealing with bumps along the road. It definitely feels good to vent and it is actually healing to get it out there and not have it bottled up inside of you. ;)

Now it's time to move forward. Don't be the victim of your road blocks. Be the survivor. Drive around them and don't look back. Enjoy the scenery and the new adventures that are sure to come down the road. :D

And remember on this day of giving thanks that the minor things are just that - MINOR. If you are not sitting in a Surgery or ICU waiting room or in a Funeral Home making arrangements for a loved one, then you are truly blessed today. ;)

Too bad I can't rename this thread The Airing of the Grievances...........totally fits. I know it's such a small thing in the grand scheme of life but still...................it's annoying gosh darn it. Thanks for taking a few minutes to complain with me tonight so we can be truly thankful tomorrow.

I'm loving my life and everyone I share it with!
Spent the past few hours in the kitchen cooking up things for tomorrow~
or should I say, later today!

That all stinks, Sharon. Hope things take an upswing for you soon.

raebates said:
That all stinks, Sharon. Hope things take an upswing for you soon.

Thanks, Rae! On that upswing I do have a band new recruit that sort of just fell into my lap. She's excited, but like me she's fairly new to the area - so we just have to get her started on the right foot.

Well, that is good news, Sharon.

I've finally realized that my business was what I put into it. I was putting in the bare min & that's what I was getting. In the last two weeks I've dug in & I'm up to $1700.00 in sales this month. It's amazing what you can do when you go at it full force. I'm going to earn that next free trip & I'm going to be a team lead in the near future! so glad I found this site, thanks for the motivation!

Good for you, amandaali!

What is "I'm Just Going to Get All My Complaints for the Year Out Now!"?

"I'm Just Going to Get All My Complaints for the Year Out Now!" is a phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to acknowledge and address any potential issues or complaints from customers in a proactive and efficient manner.

Why is it important to get all complaints out now?

Addressing complaints promptly allows for a better customer experience and can prevent further issues or negative reviews. It also shows customers that their concerns are taken seriously and helps maintain a positive relationship with them.

What types of complaints should be addressed?

All complaints, big or small, should be addressed. This includes product issues, shipping delays, billing errors, and any other concerns or feedback from customers.

How should complaints be addressed?

Complaints should be addressed with empathy and understanding. Listen to the customer's concerns and offer solutions or resolutions to the best of your ability. It's important to remain professional and courteous, even if the complaint is difficult to handle.

What are some tips for handling complaints effectively?

Some tips for handling complaints effectively include active listening, acknowledging the customer's feelings, offering a sincere apology, and following through with a solution or resolution. It's also important to document the complaint and any actions taken to address it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chillychef
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies