• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

So, What Do You Get Your Sweetie And/Or Kids for Valentine's Day?

In summary, my husband got me a Tommy Hilfiger Wallet and the PC BBQ Grilling Tongs. I got my son Clifford the Big Red Dog DVDs and Clifford cups. My parents got me a lamp they had been wanting. Which ended up being funny b/c when I took it up there last night, they had just went and bought it!!! now they have two or will take one back and exchange for something else. We will go to church tonight. And maybe go out to eat this weekend. I am having a great day! Let's talk about how your day is going? I got an injunction. I got an injunction. Is it temporary or permanent?:p I bought my son
jrstephens
I got my husband a Tommy Hilfiger Wallet and the PC BBQ Grilling Tongs. We got my son Clifford the Big Red Dog DVDs and Clifford cups.

I got my parents a lamp they had been wanting. Which ended up being funny b/c when I took it up there last night, they had just went and bought it!!! now they have two or will take one back and exchange for something else.

My husband got me two necklaces and sent me red, white and pink carnations. He is so sweet!!!

We will go to church tonight. And maybe go out to eat this weekend.

I am having a great day! Let's talk about how your day is going?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I got an injunction.

I should have known you would come up with something!! :D

Is it temporary or permanent?:p

I bought my son a Sea Monkey kit (the one that the neighbors gave him died, hopefully since we'll have the real kit this time these will live....) I bought my DH the DVD Fly Boys (he's a pilot and a former Air Force F-16 pilot so he really gets into these movies). DH gave me Red & Pink roses. So far it's been a great day!

We got my son (he is 4) new sheets - Cars - he is OBSESSED with that movie!
I made DH a cake and got him a t-shirt. We try to keep it small since we are saving for a house.... Not sure what he got me - he'll by home by 6, hopefully! :D

We got our daughter some stickers and a plant that we planted together.

My husband and my gift to eachother is a trip to DC this weekend. :)

Oh and the school cancelled classes today, therefore I had a day spent with our daughter which was nice!:)

We gave our kids gift cards & candy
I gave my husband coffee of the month
I got a new car and roses

Me and DH use Valentines Day as our Xmas and his birthday is the 16th so we do dinner and a movie. The kids each get a card, toy and a box of sees candy.

Cards and M&M's for the kids...hubby got an hour massage for Christmas and I told him for Valentine's Day he has to go use it!

See's!
thechefofnorthbend said:
Me and DH use Valentines Day as our Xmas and his birthday is the 16th so we do dinner and a movie. The kids each get a card, toy and a box of sees candy.

I love See's ! Good stuff!!:D

I have the stomach bug today :( , but my boyfriend came last night and surprised me when I got home from work... I got a dozen red roses, candy, scratch offs from him, and kissables and $$ from my mom. And we have about 3' of snow so far, so I didn't have to work between being sick and the snow!

wow!
Teresa Lynn said:
We gave our kids gift cards & candy
I gave my husband coffee of the month
I got a new car and roses

wow!! A new car!!! Awesome!!!

snow
jenniferknapp said:
I have the stomach bug today :( , but my boyfriend came last night and surprised me when I got home from work... I got a dozen red roses, candy, scratch offs from him, and kissables and $$ from my mom. And we have about 3' of snow so far, so I didn't have to work between being sick and the snow!

3 feet! Wow! "down here" we only got about 3 inches but it is still sleeting. Ugh. I hate it.:mad:

SusanBP0129 said:
wow!! A new car!!! Awesome!!!

i was wondering if anyone else noticed that one!!

reba515 said:
i was wondering if anyone else noticed that one!!

Yep I noticed it too! That would be hard to top next year!

I forgot to add that my parents got us candy and ribeye steaks.

My DH gave me a single rose and a 2# Sees Candy (my weakness) I am giving him an Itunes G/C and my DD the "Flicka" DVD. We are also renewing our vows tonight. The local radio station is putting on an "I Do, Take 2" event which we signed up for. We've been married 16 yrs this April but since it is my birthday and Valentine's Day I thought it would be neat.

My hubby gave me some truffles and a red rose this morning before work. No card though and that's what I was really looking forward to.

I got him a bunch of candy and some "coupons" for things like a back rub from me, he picks out the next movie, etc. Very cute.

Got the kiddos stuffed bears and cute little chinese takeout boxes that I'm going to put different kinds of candy in.

Can't wait to go home from work!

He seldom can surprise me, (I'm very good at finding hiding places.) :)

I was "expecting" it last month for my 40th birthday so he & the kids decided to wait so I would be surprised!!
On my 10th PC anniversary he bought me a new red convertible (parked it in ym neighbors driveway not knowing I was visiting her. It was her birthday and she got excited and thought it wa hers) but no one likes to ride in it they are all too tall!

yummy4tummy said:
since it is my birthday and Valentine's Day

Happy Birthday! Ü

My DH left for Iowa yesterday and came back this afternoon but than he has class until 8:30. He usually goes out to eat with his brother afterwards so he doestn't get home until about 10:30 or so. My boys got candy and a good supper I made. My youngest son's birthday is Sunday and he will be four so he will get presents than and than my DH birthday is on the 23rd so he will get his big present than too, I just haven't decided what it is yet. I haven't gotten anything as of yet but DH and I went out to eat last weekend so that was probably it.

Well everyone is sick except for my DH so he bought me a dozen red roses and a bouquet of Tulips (my favorite) from my boys. When I woke up this morning, he had the roses in a vase on my dresser with a card! :D I feel terrible because I haven't left the house in 5 days so I told him that his present was me getting enough energy to clean the house for him so he wouldn't have to do it! He agreed and was very happy. We are also buying Disney World passes this weekend for our whole family.:D

I received a beautiful card, diamond earring and necklace. From staff members I received chocolates, flowers. From my sister cookies and necklace.
I got DH a new silver pen set and chocolates. All of my staff received chocolates from us.

Ok I got my DH a movie and Butterfinger bars his favorite, my kids each got a movie and candy. Me I got the only card that was left in all of Walmart tonight when my DH got off work. Oh yes and my family and I had a nice candel light dinner that I made for them.

My DH bought me some Quizno's (our splurge, we rarely go out) and a rose and some candy. We are so broke it would just stress me if he did more. I got him a box of licorice because he refused to let me get him anything. The kids don't know any better, so we didn't get them anything.

Just got back from our "date" and had a GREAT time...DH surprised me with a professional hour long massage appointment for tomorrow (which I can so desperately use). I am a little hesitant though, never had one before. I asked him if George Strait would be giving the massage. No, too bad for me. Oh well, one can dream.

I got my Dh a card and he got me some roses I do school with my friend and I was home for 30 mins before I even saw them.
My kids got a few chocolates from us. They actually got more from grand parents for valentines day then they got from us

I got my DH a Romantic card, w/ chocolates, and made a fancy dinner here for us (and DS!) and I sent him a funny, sorta sexy card to his work... but he forgot to check his mail!!! So I told him he had to check it first thing this morning (sorta lost the edge though, with it being the day after...)
He has been bringing me little things all week - Monday it was a single rose, Tues. it was a box of dark choc. pecan clusters from Koezes (a local Candy place - my favorite!) and yesterday morning he gave me a basket of goodies - gourmet cookies, candies, a balloon, stuffed bear. My DS took one look at the basket and said "Dat's for you and me!" (he's 2 1/2). Oh - and both of them picked out one of those new singing cards from Hallmark...I think they were most excited over the cards! (boys will be boys).
Our DS got M&M's and a card and a Skunk (stuffed - he's fascinated w/ skunks right now - slept with it last night!) But of course, he thinks everything is his!

Lets see....
My DH got a small box of chocolates and a note from me
My oldest boy got a small box of chocolates and some flash cards
My youngest got some new Pacifiers
and me; well, I got to spend the day with my children again.

Food. I picked up their favorites and planned to make the a nice dinner but ds had to work and dh decided to take me out (he NEVER takes me out on Valentines day because of the crowds so it was quite the surprise).

The dinner will be tonight!

DH got me 13 roses. He never gets roses on Valentines day either (usually gets different flowers that day - I get roses on other random days). He gets 13 because we were married on Friday the 13th.

Beth, thats too funny we will be married 20 years in June & we have NEVER gone out on Valentine's either. Last night we went out, he sent me 2 dozen RED roses (I strongly dislike red roses) I thought the florist messed up! Then last night at dinner we were talking and he said there's another surprise when we get home. He had sent me 2 dozen chocolate covered strawberries.

I always tell him no flowers for VDAY it kills em the mark up I would rather have them on a "just because I was thinking of you day" !!

I got DH some silk boxers with Hershey kisses all over (he asked me specifically NOT to get him chocolate - LOL). The kids each got two of those little washcloths that are all shrunk down and you put them into water to expand them. And DH and the kids got me lots of chocolates!! And DH made us chocolate fondue for after dinner that was DELICIOUS!! - He is amazing!

Teresa Lynn said:
I always tell him no flowers for VDAY it kills em the mark up I would rather have them on a "just because I was thinking of you day" !!

I hear ya there!! Although, my boyfriend said that he got a coupon for a 2nd dozen roses for free before the end of March! (why did he tell me!!) So that made up for it...I'll get 2 dozen for $30 :) Also, our grocery store (Price Chopper) carries the nicest flowers!! I go there over a florist almost all of the time...they are much cheaper, and hold up longer!

Teresa Lynn said:
Beth, thats too funny we will be married 20 years in June & we have NEVER gone out on Valentine's either. Last night we went out, he sent me 2 dozen RED roses (I strongly dislike red roses) I thought the florist messed up! Then last night at dinner we were talking and he said there's another surprise when we get home. He had sent me 2 dozen chocolate covered strawberries.

I KNOW! He said he got a really good deal at Harris Teeter and they are beautiful! We will be married 21 years on June 13 this year. When we got married he sent me 13 roses in the morning at my home, there were 13 roses at the hotel that night and 13 roses at the cabin when we got there for the honeymoon!

He is definitely the romantic one in our relationship and I love it! (and him!)

June 13 is our anniversary too.

1. What are some popular gift ideas for Valentine's Day?

Some popular gift ideas for Valentine's Day include jewelry, chocolates, flowers, personalized items, and romantic experiences such as a couple's massage or dinner date.

2. What are some gift ideas for kids on Valentine's Day?

Gift ideas for kids on Valentine's Day can include toys, books, clothing, themed items (such as Clifford the Big Red Dog cups), and fun activities like baking Valentine's Day treats or creating homemade cards.

3. What are some thoughtful gifts for parents on Valentine's Day?

Thoughtful gifts for parents on Valentine's Day can include sentimental items like photo albums or personalized gifts, practical gifts like a new kitchen gadget or home decor item, or experiences such as a gift certificate for a nice dinner out.

4. What are some ways to celebrate Valentine's Day as a couple?

There are many ways to celebrate Valentine's Day as a couple, including going out for a romantic dinner, taking a weekend trip, exchanging thoughtful gifts, or simply spending quality time together at home.

5. How was your Valentine's Day celebration?

My Valentine's Day was great! My husband got me some lovely gifts and we went to church together. We plan on going out to eat this weekend to continue the celebration. How about you? How was your Valentine's Day?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
koeverson
Replies
Views
mrssyvo