• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Could You Add to Your Prayer Lists...

In summary, His grandmother, in her mid to late 70s, was at a relative's home for storage. Yesterday, as she was leaving the home, she became dizzy and fell over the railing. She then crawled to her car and called 911. When her grandson's father arrived at the home, he could not hear her, but 911 called him. She has broken vertebrae, a broken collar bone, and a laceration on her head. Her biggest concern is that she will become paralyzed if she is transported to another hospital. Her family and church are rallying around her and she is reportedly in good spirits.
MamaChef
My husband's grandmother...she's in her mid to late 70s. Yesterday afternoon she was at a relative's home, the home has no one living it it right now...it's used for storage I believe. It's just down the road from her son (my hubby's dad) and daughter's homes. His Mommaw was there to leave a box and bent over to pick it up and when she stood up became dizzy, causing her to fall over the railing. The drop itself is not very far, but there's a pretty steep hill on the other side and it's believed that she then rolled. No one is quite sure how long she was laying there, but no one was able to hear her scream for help. So, she crawled to her car and got her cell phone and called 911...hubby's dad was home at the time, but was not able to hear her, but 911 called him while the ambulance was in transit.

There had been talk of transferring her an hour away to Charleston, WV, but, due to spinal cord injuries, they did NOT transfer her to Charleston for fear of causing paralysis in transit. The most recent reports are that she has 6 broken vertebra, 3 in her neck and 3 further down, the C2 vertebra being the worst and will possibly require surgery. She also has a broken collar bone and "some" broken ribs. The injuries to her head are not quite as serious as we first thought...she has a laceration on her head, a hematoma and possibly a concussion from what we understand. The biggest concern at this point is acquiring pneumonia because she is having to lie on her back right now. The doctors she has encountered so far have been wonderful, which is such a blessing!

Mommaw's biggest concern is that she's "messed up everyone's plans"...we were supposed to be traveling up there today for a vacation, but are adjusting our plans according the family's needs. In the past when she's had to have surgeries or any kind of care, she tends to get depressed, feeling as if she is a burden on everyone. Our fear is that she will want to give up and refuse care. Our family and their church family are rallying around her in a big way though, so hopefully she will stay encouraged.

Hubby may still travel to WV later this week to see if he can be of assistance to his family. One huge blessing at this point is that his remaining vacation days from last year carried over, and if we need to make an extended trip to help, we can! What the kids and I will do is still up in the air. If it seems like things are too busy, we'll stay here for a time and go later, but if it seems like the kids could be beneficial for her, we'll all go together.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and offer up some prayers and happy thoughts!!! The road to recovery could be a long one!

I hope all goes well with your grandma she will be in my thought s and prayers

Praying Ann ... for her physical healing and her mental state. Also for your family and the medical team taking care of her.

awwwww...i'm sorry. she will be in my prayers

I will sa a prary Ann. Keep us posted.

Praying here as well.........

Poor thing - she is in my prayers...

Praying for her. She sounds like a very sweet lady.

I hope and pray she will be ok!

I hope that everything will be okay... and sending lots of prayers!!!

She's in my prayers.

1. Why is it important to add to our prayer lists?

Adding to our prayer lists allows us to remember the needs and concerns of others and to lift them up in prayer. It also helps us to stay connected with our community and to show our love and support for those in need.

2. How can I add someone to the prayer list?

You can add someone to the prayer list by simply reaching out to your prayer group leader or pastor and sharing their name and any specific requests or concerns that they may have. You can also add them to your personal prayer list and pray for them regularly.

3. Can I add myself to the prayer list?

Absolutely! It is important to pray for ourselves and our own needs as well. If you have any personal concerns or struggles, feel free to add yourself to the prayer list or reach out to your prayer group for support.

4. How often should I update my prayer list?

There is no set rule for how often you should update your prayer list. It is important to continuously pray for those on your list, but you may update it as often as you feel necessary. You may add new prayer requests or remove answered prayers from the list.

5. Are there any specific guidelines for adding to the prayer list?

There are no specific guidelines for adding to the prayer list, but it is important to be respectful and mindful of people's privacy. Make sure to get their permission before sharing any personal information or requests on their behalf. It is also important to keep the list positive and focused on prayers for healing, comfort, and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • sslangley
  • General Chat
Replies