• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Praying for Kaylee: An 8-Year-Old with Cystic Fibrosis

In summary, the little girl, Kaylee, was in an accident Saturday driving a junior dragster. She has broken vertebrae and a broken tale bone. She has severe bruising on her chest from the seat belt. She underwent surgery this morning for her broken vertebrae and is in the hospital. The father is a good guy and this is terrible.
sslangley
Hi ladies,
I don't post often. But I felt this was important. There is a guy here at my FT job. His 8 year old daughter was in an accident on Saturday. She was driving a junior dragster (a mini race car), and crashed into a concrete wall at 30mph. The parametics had to revive her, she went into cardiac arrest. She was stat flighted to the nearest Children's hospital. She has severe whip lash. She has 2 broken vertebrae, and a broken tale bone. She has severe bruising on her chest from the seat belt.

Please say a prayer for this little girl and her family. The little girl, Kaylee, she also has cystic fibrosis.

She underwent surgery this morning for her broken vertebrae. I have no updates yet.

I have known this guy, the father, for about 15 years. He is a good guy. It is so terrible to go through something like this.

A lot of people, here at work, are questioning why the parents allowed an 8 year old to drive a junior dragster. The little girl is challenged already due to the cystic fibrosis. She can't play sports, so they wanted her to feel she was involved in something. His whole family is involved in racing.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Oh my goodness... my heart goes out to that little girl.. I will deffinaly say a prayer...... keep us posted for updates... that just breaks my heart.

I'll be praying for her. Keep us updated.

Prayer said. keep us posted.

Wow - not another accident involving a child. I will be praying for her as you all have been praying for Benaiah!

On a side note...many questioned Benaiah's parents of why he was even playing in his own backyard without even knowing the story. I hope this guy doesn't get too much grief about his decisions to help his daughter try and be a normal child and lots of support during this rough time.

janetupnorth said:
On a side note...many questioned Benaiah's parents of why he was even playing in his own backyard without even knowing the story. I hope this guy doesn't get too much grief about his decisions to help his daughter try and be a normal child and lots of support during this rough time.

Thanks Janet,
That is why I put a side note in there. Sometimes people criticize without knowing the whole situation.

This little girl has gone through so much with the cystic fibrosis, they wanted her to feel involved.

sslangley said:
Thanks Janet,
That is why I put a side note in there. Sometimes people criticize without knowing the whole situation.

This little girl has gone through so much with the cystic fibrosis, they wanted her to feel involved.

My prayers are with her! I used to babysit for a girl with cystic fibrosis, and I always felt bad for her, all of the treatments, and no sports... Her brother was always in to motocross, and I thought that it made it even worse because it was always him, him, him with their family! :( So, I am happy to see that she was able to be involved in something!! And plus, a lot of kids are racing by then...and just because she is a girl, who cares! :)

I just got an update. The surgery was postponed until Friday. The doctors decided to put a halo on her to stabalize her neck first.

It's good Friday, pray for a miracle.

sslangley said:
I just got an update. The surgery was postponed until Friday. The doctors decided to put a halo on her to stabalize her neck first.

It's good Friday, pray for a miracle.

We will!!!!

What is "Praying for Kaylee: An 8-Year-Old with Cystic Fibrosis" about?

"Praying for Kaylee" is a story about a young girl named Kaylee who has cystic fibrosis. It follows her journey as she deals with the challenges of living with this chronic illness and the power of prayer in her life.

What age range is this book appropriate for?

This book is recommended for children ages 6-12. However, it can also be enjoyed by adults and can serve as a helpful resource for parents and caregivers of children with cystic fibrosis.

Is this book based on a true story?

Yes, "Praying for Kaylee" is based on the real-life experiences of a young girl named Kaylee who has cystic fibrosis. The book is written from her perspective and shares her thoughts and feelings about living with the disease.

How can this book be helpful for families with a child who has cystic fibrosis?

This book can serve as a source of encouragement and hope for families who are dealing with the challenges of cystic fibrosis. It can also help raise awareness and understanding about the disease among family members, friends, and the community.

Where can I purchase "Praying for Kaylee: An 8-Year-Old with Cystic Fibrosis"?

You can purchase "Praying for Kaylee" on the Pampered Chef website or through independent Pampered Chef consultants. You may also find it at select bookstores and online retailers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • Cindycooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gina M
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda