• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Made a New Contact Today at Lunch

In summary, Amanda was getting ready for her training meeting that she was hosting at her home tonight. Her mom took her kids so they can be there while she gets ready, and they'll spend the night there. She decided to try out this Chinese restaurant while she was out running errands, and the waitress thought she was with this other woman. Amanda told her that they weren't together, and they sat at the next booth together while the waitress was trying to figure out what was going on. The lady and Amanda made eye contact and laughed at how they both were by themselves. Amanda and the lady had a nice lunch and got to know each other a little bit. Amanda plans to e-mail the other woman and set something up
babywings76
Gold Member
So today I'm getting ready for our training meeting that I'm hosting at my home tonight. My mom took my kids so they can be there while I get ready and they'll spend the night there. So, while I was out running errands I thought I'd go get a bite to eat for lunch. I decided to try out this Chinese restaurant. The waitress thought I was with this other woman who helped herself to a booth, but I told her that we weren't together. So I sat at the next booth while the waitress was trying to figure out what was going on. The lady and I made eye contact and laughed at how we both were by ourselves and we should just sit together for lunch. So we did! :D I never have done anything like that before, it's well outside my comfort zone. But she was very nice. We had a nice lunch and got to know each other a little bit. She teaches at a local college here and used to sell Mary Kay years ago. It came up how I do PC and she said that she'll have to take my information and call me so we can set something up, that she'd like to have me do a PC party at her home w/ her friends. We exchanged info and I gave her a recipe and we plan to e-mail each other and set something up. It was such a funny experience, but I just thought I'd share. You just never know when a situation will present itself and somehow you can make a new contact and a PC connection. ;)

That's really awesome! Congratulations on stepping outside of your comfort zone!

Good for you!

That's great, Amanda! It's always nice to make a new friend, even better that she wants to host and introduce you to her friends.

I was in Old Navy last week shopping with my kids and the manager noticed my sling bag. She approached me b/c they're doing a fundraiser for Alex's Lemonade Stand and need a few vendors to set-up in-store. I was giving her ideas and told her I'd hook her up with some other vendors. Then she said she wants to have a show, too. She even responded to my e-mail, which most "out and about" contacts don't even respond to and she's looking at hosting in Sept. Her show will pay for that back-to-school shopping trip. It's so nice to meet nice people who you look forward to working with.

That is awesome! I think you'll find that those kind of out and about, out of the blue contacts will come more easily and frequently now that you've stepped over that bridge. Way to go.

YEA! You made yourself available and friendly, and took an interest in someone else, and it benefited you too. Way to go! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I try to tell my team that you can wear/carry all of the logo items available, and it won't do any good if you aren't smiling, making eye contact, and taking an interest in others.

Way to go!

That's fantastic! Good for you for taking that chance to do something different! I hope it pays off in spades :)

What is "Made a New Contact Today at Lunch"?

"Made a New Contact Today at Lunch" is a networking strategy where you intentionally make new connections during your lunch hour. It can be a great way to expand your professional network and potentially find new business opportunities.

How do I make a new contact during lunch?

One way to make a new contact during lunch is to strike up a conversation with someone sitting near you at a restaurant or café. You can also attend networking events or join professional groups that meet during lunchtime.

What should I talk about with my new contact?

Try to find common ground with your new contact and ask open-ended questions about their interests, job, or industry. Avoid talking only about yourself or asking for a job or business opportunity right away.

How do I follow up with my new contact after lunch?

Be sure to exchange contact information and follow up within a few days via email or LinkedIn. You can also invite them to coffee or another networking event to continue getting to know each other.

What are the benefits of making a new contact during lunch?

Making a new contact during lunch can lead to new business opportunities, partnerships, or career connections. It can also help expand your professional network and provide a fresh perspective on your industry or job role.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
  • Teresa LM
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • ChefBeckyD