• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Am so Stupid - I Ran Into a Storm Door

In summary, my inlaws got one for their door about two weeks ago. I make the 3rd person to do it. I was hurrying back to the car to get something b/c Cole was crying when I handed him off and I wanted to get back inside. Well, I rammed right into it!!!!!:eek: I now have a purple bruise on my chin, and a cut on my swollen nose. I have know idea how it got cut. I also have a small bump on my gum above my teeth.:cry
jrstephens
My Inlaws got one for their door about two weeks ago. I make the 3rd person to do it.

I was hurrying back to the car to get something b/c Cole was crying when I handed him off and I wanted to get back inside. Well, I rammed right into it!!!!!:eek:

I now have a purple bruise on my chin, and a cut on my swollen nose.I have know idea how it got cut. I also have a small bump on my gum above my teeth.:cry:

Thankfully I did not have Cole in my arms! Thank you Lord:angel:

I feel like an idiot! and my head and face aches!!!

I know people will look at me and think "yeah right a door whatever!"

Ouch! I bet that hurts! They need to hang a pretty decoration or something on the door! :) Feel better soon.

Well, since you're the 3rd person to do it, you're obviously not alone. LOL!I'd tell you that I've never done anything like that, but I don't like to lie.

Misery loves company and I knew I could find some on here! HA!

I'm sorry this happened - once I got into a fight with a ladder and it won. Don't ask.

As to what people think, I would be the one to say, "That's the last time I tell my husband to sleep on the couch." or "You should see the other gal, but still got away with the last bra on sale at Victoria's Secret."

But then again I'm kind-of twisted.

ouch!

Accident_Prone.gif

I'm sorry I know how that feels
I walked into a plate glass window at the apartment when we moved our son to college this fall broke my nose and had a concussion
So glad you didn't have your son still

Teresa, I remember when that happened!!

We have an all glass storm door on the front of our house and the dog has walked into it and so have a few of my DD's friends. Luckily no one was really badly injured.

Jennifer, I hope you are feeling better soon!!

Oh how terrible Jennifer. I have watched people walk into glass doors before makes me cringe in sympathy pain.

Oh Jennifer -- I feel your pain. I haven't replicated that one, but I am quite possibly the clumsiest person you'll ever meet. Glad to hear you didn't have Cole in your arms. Feel better.

My parents dogs used to run through their patio screen every summer, I think they ended up replacing like 2 a year...
LOL
Did you feel you know how birds feel? ha ha
Hope you feel better soon!

*With as many people who report their injuries on here, there should be an icon with a bandaged head or something to insert here...ha ha:p

I haven't walked into a door, but I have walked into walls - TWICE! Yep, totally sober, I don't drink...Once was my brother's freshman year at MSOE. I was a senior and was walking him to class in the basement of the one building. Well we can down the steps and around the corner and I was turned talking to him and slammed full-force right into the wall! (The remodeled over the summer and put a wall up where a hallway was.)The second time was at my friend Heidi's house. All the houses in the neighborhood were almost the same expect a few slight changes. It was the first time in her house, it was identical to my parent's house except when you came out of her third bedroom you had to "turn" into the hallway, ours was a straight shot...basically in each house only the location of the bathroom was different, one house it was on the end of 3 bedrooms, the other it was in the middle of two. So, I can out of her room talking to her and bam...right into the wall.Both cases I hit hard and it hurt, but we got good laughs out of both!

I've walked into walls alot and also fallen UP stairs..we feel your pain Jen!

jrstephens said:
Misery loves company and I knew I could find some on here! HA!

Well, it's better than running into a freight train. I do however hate pain, and I'm sorry that you are in pain. I walk into the screen door from our sliding glass doors ALL the time in the summer while trying to get out on the deck.

I always make myself laugh because how could I NOT see the screen?

Hope you feel better soon!

Have you guys ever seen the funny video of the dog who will not go out the front door unless the screen door is opened first? Basically they took the screen/glass out and you could walk through the door without opening it, but the dog would sit there and wait for someone to open the door. The owner would step through the door, open it and the dog would run out. Then to go back inside it would sit there and wait again for the door to be opened. The owner then stepped back through the door to open it and let the dog in. It never figured it out.

candiejayne said:
Have you guys ever seen the funny video of the dog who will not go out the front door unless the screen door is opened first? Basically they took the screen/glass out and you could walk through the door without opening it, but the dog would sit there and wait for someone to open the door. The owner would step through the door, open it and the dog would run out. Then to go back inside it would sit there and wait again for the door to be opened. The owner then stepped back through the door to open it and let the dog in. It never figured it out.

So, what are you saying?;)

lol!!! just that it reminded me of that dumb "smart" dog! LOL

So, about 8 years (when I was younger ;)) me and a coworker were leaving work together. And as we are approaching our vehicles, she stepped over the tire stop but I didn't! I tripped, landing on my face, scraped my legs, ripped my hose and skirt. She didn't notice I fell until she went to get in her car. I heard her say, "Tara, where'd you go?" then she saw me on the ground. She laughed and laughed until she cried and peed a little from laughing so hard!:blushing:

Then, with this same friend . . we were at the park with her kids. In mid-conversation she stepped over the really big log that happened to be in our way, but, you guessed it, I didn't! All of a sudden right beside her, I go down. Instead of helping me up she can barely stand up b/c she's crying with laughter! I mean the 2 of us are walking side by side and then someone goes down without warning! I'm sure it was funny to watch :rolleyes::eek:.

LOL!!!! we need to keep sharing clumpsy stories! I love it! I love to wear high heels, also love to wear a pair of pinstripe suit pants that have a cuff rolled up on the outside. I was walking down the stairs at work one day heading home, I was about 6 steps from the bottom when my heel somehow got stuck in my cuff and it sent me flying, litterally. I didn't stop until I did a flat pancake thing against the wall and slid down. It was totally straight out of a cartoon. My initial verbage was OH S**T! then when I hit the wall and slid down, I wasn't hurt, so I broke down into a hysterical laughter. I had to sit down on the steps and regain hold of myself. That would have been so worth $10,000 on AFV!

Dog video for those that havent seen it:

YouTube - Invisible Screen Door Stops Dog

Ok I just watch the Dog & Non-Screen Door thing.
LOL!!! So hard I am crying!!

Thanks, I needed that this morning.

Crystal Vs. The Ladder
My DH had a ladder in the back of his pick-up and it was sticking out about 2 feet. It had been there for several days, I knew it was there, I'm just a twit. I walked around the bed to get in the truck and ...
You guessed it I walked right into the ladder - face first. It sent me right to the ground on my butt. I was OK - lots of padding. He was frozen in place with this strained look on his face. I thought it was really funny so I started laughing. Once I started then he joined me and I realized the strained look was from him trying not to laugh in case I was really hurt.
In short: Ladder 1 Crystal 0

cookingwith_tara said:
So, about 8 years (when I was younger ;)) me and a coworker were leaving work together. And as we are approaching our vehicles, she stepped over the tire stop but I didn't! I tripped, landing on my face, scraped my legs, ripped my hose and skirt. She didn't notice I fell until she went to get in her car. I heard her say, "Tara, where'd you go?" then she saw me on the ground. She laughed and laughed until she cried and peed a little from laughing so hard!:blushing:

Then, with this same friend . . we were at the park with her kids. In mid-conversation she stepped over the really big log that happened to be in our way, but, you guessed it, I didn't! All of a sudden right beside her, I go down. Instead of helping me up she can barely stand up b/c she's crying with laughter! I mean the 2 of us are walking side by side and then someone goes down without warning! I'm sure it was funny to watch :rolleyes::eek:.

Tara, maybe you should start looking down when you walk! LOL

Related to I Am so Stupid - I Ran Into a Storm Door

What is "I Am so Stupid - I Ran Into a Storm Door"?

"I Am so Stupid - I Ran Into a Storm Door" is a humorous cookbook by Pampered Chef featuring easy and delicious recipes for busy individuals and families. The title is meant to be lighthearted and relatable, poking fun at common kitchen mishaps.

Who is the author of "I Am so Stupid - I Ran Into a Storm Door"?

The author of "I Am so Stupid - I Ran Into a Storm Door" is a team of Pampered Chef recipe developers and consultants. The cookbook features a collection of tried and true recipes from real people in real kitchens.

What types of recipes can I find in "I Am so Stupid - I Ran Into a Storm Door"?

"I Am so Stupid - I Ran Into a Storm Door" contains a variety of recipes, including appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and more. The recipes are designed to be simple and easy to make, using common ingredients found in most kitchens.

Is "I Am so Stupid - I Ran Into a Storm Door" suitable for beginners in the kitchen?

Yes, "I Am so Stupid - I Ran Into a Storm Door" is perfect for beginners in the kitchen. The recipes are easy to follow and require minimal cooking skills. The cookbook also includes helpful tips and tricks for kitchen success.

Can I purchase "I Am so Stupid - I Ran Into a Storm Door" through Pampered Chef?

Yes, "I Am so Stupid - I Ran Into a Storm Door" is available for purchase through Pampered Chef. You can also find it at select retailers or through online bookstores. Happy cooking!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedcheermom
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies