• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Did I Freeze and Act Like an Idiot When Asked About My Business?

In summary, a woman saw the PC pin on the man's shirt and asked him if he sold it, and he said yes. The woman said they have good stuff, and he said he would bring her a catalog. The next time he saw her, he froze and said he wasn't cut out for this business if he couldn't even make a contact.
Becky0216
Man I feel so stupid.
I was out at WalMart today and was stopped by a woman to ask for the time. While I was getting my cell phone, the woman saw my PC pin and said I Love PC. Then asked me if I sold it. I said yes I do and she said, they have really good stuff. As to which I repled...........Yes, they do.!!!!!
And then I walked away.
I carry catalogs and contact info with me everywhere I go. I even set a goal to give one mini catty away to someone new each time I go out. So, why did I freeze and act like such an idiot?
I am so mad at myself right now. Maybe I am not cut out for this business if I couldn't even make a contact right.

Just had to vent.

Stop boxing yourself around the ears - we all have those "Oh, carp!" moments
a1chic.gif
when we freeze up. We've all done it at one time or another.

I've done the same type of thing, too. You're human and you won't do it again! You are cut out for this business! Give yourself a break. And a hug!((((((()))))))

That's ok, we're all off sometimes. I did a similar thing. A neighbor from a couple streets over I have never met before came along handing out info about our HOA and I mentioned that I sell PC and Saturdays are when I do most of my shows and she gave me an interested Ohhhhh..... and all I did was continue to look at the flyer and say, YEAH..... Kicking myself ALL night for that one!! I'm just hoping I see her at one of the HOA meetings!!

I just hate that I was determined to make a new contact and still flaked on following through. Even my hubby was annoyed that I didn't pursue it.

It's easy to pile on - so stop piling on.

It's done. It's over. Move on. You'll be on it next time, and the next time, and the next time, and . . .

Becky0216 said:
Maybe I am not cut out for this business if I couldn't even make a contact right.

If every consultant had to make perfect contacts, say the perfect thing, and not do something stupid....there wouldn't be any of us left :D

If you can show me a consultant that says they always have the perfect respond and always follow through with a lead, I'll show you someone that is pulling your leg. liar, liar, pants on fire

As we've said on here before....build a bridge and get over it. :) You can spend all night beating yourself up or you can use this as an opportunity to do something productive with your business.

You learn from your mistakes and move on. A great tip I learned from here was to carry the door prize slips (I call them customer care cards) with me. That way if someone asks about PC I can give them a catalog or my info but also ask for theirs! You'll do better next time!

More years ago than I care to think about, it became necessary for me to raise my daily fee for training. I was already underpricing myself in the market. You cannot even begin to imagine what it was like for me to ask more per day more than I had been charging. I took some advice from Jack Canfield (of Chicken Soup For The Soul fame) to rehearse the line in front of a mirror. Over and over, starting with the customer asking. So, I'd practice it over and over:Customer: What's your rate?
Me: $500 per day plus expenses.
Customer: What's your rate?
Me: $500 per day plus expenses.
Customer: What's your rate?
Me: $500 per day plus expenses. (Five hundred bucks a day was pretty steep for a training consultant, in this market, back then.)The next time a customer called, and asked, "What's your rate?" I swallowed hard and almost choked as I blurted, "Four hundred dollars per day plus expenses." The program I did for him came to $2400 and I almost cried when the client told me he had $3000 budgeted.Keep practicing - you'll get it.
happy0207.gif

I've done it before too (DOH)! It's ok, you'll get it next time! ;)

If your Wal-Mart is anything like ours, I'm sure that just getting out of there was foremost in your mind! I can't think straight from the time I walk in the doors 'til I leave. My blood pressure goes up at least 20 points--it's SUCH a zoo in there! Don't worry so much about it, as KG says "carp" happens!

I wish someone else would kill this thread. Every time I look at the title of the thread and then look over to see my name as the thread killer, well, my self esteem takes a hit.

Ok, here you go KG...I'm great at killing threads. :blushing:

Becky, you'll be find...

Now let's kill the topic and move on...

HIJACK!

It's been raining here since last night, and all of the snow is disappearing quickly - It's actually exciting to have a rainy day - just to get rid of some of this snow!:D

I'm replying just to make KG happy... LOL

Seriously.... we have all done it!

Hey Paulette - check out the wave 1 threads and check in. :)

We all have those moments where our brains do not work very well.

If it is like my Walmart, you will see her again. Be prepared to give her your info then!

What is "I Am so Stupid Sometimes..."?

"I Am so Stupid Sometimes..." is a popular cookbook published by Pampered Chef. It features easy and delicious recipes that are perfect for beginners and busy individuals.

Who is the author of "I Am so Stupid Sometimes..."?

The author of "I Am so Stupid Sometimes..." is renowned chef and Pampered Chef consultant, Karen Tack. She has years of experience in the culinary industry and is known for her creative and approachable recipes.

Are the recipes in "I Am so Stupid Sometimes..." difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "I Am so Stupid Sometimes..." are designed to be easy and approachable for all skill levels. They use simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions to ensure success in the kitchen.

Can I purchase "I Am so Stupid Sometimes..." online?

Yes, "I Am so Stupid Sometimes..." is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also find it in select bookstores and online retailers.

Are there any special tools or equipment required for the recipes in "I Am so Stupid Sometimes..."?

No, most of the recipes in "I Am so Stupid Sometimes..." can be made using basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, some recipes may require a few specialty items, but they can usually be found at any kitchen supply store.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies