• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do I Even Care (I Haven't Figured That Out Yet). My Friend Is

In summary, my friend is starting Tastefully Simple May 1st and this is a good friend that is not interested in hosting a show for me and hasn't attended the ones she has been invited to because of scheduling conflicts. Our other friend (who hates PC b/c she had a bad experience with a previous rep) heard she was starting and immediately was like 'oh great let me know when you start so I can host a show for you, it'll be so much fun, blah, blah, blah!' so that's not even the part the bugs me. I just got an email from the first friend about the entertaining set she saw in my newsletter about the
chefmoseley
Gold Member
why do I even care (I haven't figured that out yet). My friend is starting Tastefully Simple May 1st. This is a good friend that is not interested in hosting a show for me and hasn't attended the ones she has been invited to because of scheduling conflicts. Our other friend (who hates PC b/c she had a bad experience with a previous rep) heard she was starting and immediately was like 'oh great let me know when you start so I can host a show for you, it'll be so much fun, blah, blah, blah!' So that's not even the part the bugs me. I just got an email from the first friend about the entertaining set she saw in my newsletter about the outlet. and how 'it would perfect to display all of her TS stuff and the colors are wonderful and how does she order two of them.' i guess i'm frustrated b/c she is using my items to promote her business! i know it's stupid and business is business but i feel kinda used here i guess. lol

Just think...you may feel like you are being used but you aren't! She's turning to you to help her business. Without you and PC she wouldn't have any idea how to display her stuff. Just think- Commission is Commission any way you look at it. :) LOL

IMHO- I'd feel the same way though. ;-)

I'm sure you are frustrated with the way things are going. However, try to look at it positively in that when someone at the TS party ask's her about the simple additions, she will have to tell them they are Pampered Chef and not TS.:)

Hang in there!

I know it may sting and hurt but if you look at it, some people like PC, some people don't. You cannot please everyone. If it's still available on the outlet, tell her how to order them. Then ask if she would be willing to take a few of your business cards in case people at her shows ask about them.

I can understand the feeling of not being supported by your friends and that does hurt, BUT I met a TS simple consultant and she used ALOT of PC things to serve her food. The mini serving spatula, all of our spreaders, our stoneware for the beer bread and lots of simple additions. Anyway she wanted my info and gives it out when people ask where did you get that? So maybe you could talk to your friend and see if she would keep some of your business cards on hand and tell people where she gets her PC product. You could do the same thing for her. This could expand your business a great deal.

Both of my SIL's ar DS consultants and we do a lot of things together. That way we aren't constantly doing shows for each other too! My rule is if they want me to do a show for them they need to do one for me. They know where I stand and they don't ask unless they are ready to do some cooking!

As far as ordering things from you for her to use at her shows... ask her to take some business cars and consider it free advertising! If someone asks about my make up or "Oh your skin looks great!" I tell them my SIL is a Mary Kay consultant and ask them if they have a consultant. If they say no I give them her card. My SIL calls us her walking billboards!

change your thinking?I have friends who don't like PC

I have friends who won't have a Show (but I can't rely on friends for my business - I am friends with them regardless of whether they give me business or not)

I have friends who just place orders

She wants to order (whether it is for her business, or display, or whatever - it doesn't matter) - so place the order and enjoy the commission from it

You could ask her to swap parties in the future

You could give her some business cards to carry with her AND ask HER for HER business cards to carry with you

I agree - at some point she is going to get asked by a customer/guest 'where did you get your display/stands from'

I understand your frustration - but try not to get too upset over it - try to switch your thinking - ENJOY the commission you make from her - reward yourself with something nice - LOL

:)

I feel your pain...there are many things that can sting in our business. Encourage her in her business...and sell her ALL of the stuff you can!!!! I have a good friend in TS. She was in it before I met her and together we have grown teams throughout the years.

The carafe is excellent for keeping their chia tea and/or their soups hot for their demos. They must keep their foods cold for displays, so the chillzanne rectangle platter helps there. Our mini whip for mixing mixes. Our stoneware loaf pan is excellent for their (more expensive) beer bread. Our mini muffin pan is fantastic for samples of their almond pound cake and their brownie mix. She can't afford to by them full price? Well, maybe having a party would help her out!!!:D

It doesn't mean you have to swap shows or buy one thing from her. I like some of their products, but I am not nuts over them. Also, I am sure your friend looks at the commission. We make "only" 20% where they start off higher...but for them, having a $500 show is like us having a $1000 show.

I have an uncle who became very successful in life. If he had a client that he felt "did him over" so to speak in business, he said that he remained very pleasant to that client for repeat business...only he charged him extra the next time they did business to make up for the loss!!!

Support your friend, because when she uses your PC products, she can help your business out when her customers tell her how much they LOVE Pampered Chef products!!! Ask her for some of her cards and tell her you will give them to people you know that are looking for a TS consultant.

Are these easy things to do? Of course not, but it will help your business and it may help your friendship. Hang in there, say the Serenity Prayer a million times and not only will you grow...your business will too!;)

My old neighbor (and by old I mean previously was my neighbor) is a TS consultant. She LOVES to use SA for her shows and bought TONS from me! PLUS she always passes my name on when people inquire about them!
Sell her the product and ask her to pass your name along when her customers ask about the SA!

As many have stated above, I know of a few TS consultants that use Pampered Chef products and they will be asked where they came from. I'm sure she'll be a good friend and say my friend ____ sells it! Isn't is beautiful?

Hang in there! All things work together for good...

I recently had a booth at a multi-vendor event in a salon. I got several extra sales because the other vendors were using PC products. The Tastefully Simple rep used our mini muffin pan for beer bread and brownie samples, simple additions for serving, and our spreaders for dips. A local tea and gift shop was using the carafe to keep tea warm. A jewelry rep was using the prep bowls filled with jewelry cleaner to clean jewelry. The Mary Kay rep had pink lemonade in the quick stir pitcher. It worked out great for me.

I agree, consider it a silver lining in your cloud. I have a friend who sells Homemade gourmet, I don't care for any of their products. We swapped shows about 5 years ago last week I finally threw away about 30 remaining mixes I'd gotten as a host or purchased my family doesn't care for them either. I always intended to give them away and would forget and they'd get shoved to the back of my pantry & were obviously rock hard and expired.. However, the friend does a catalog party for me 2 times a year, and carries PC to her shows to display the food.
She's always getting me business at craft fairs for MMP & SA bowls and caddy

PC isn't for everyone. Let it go and look at the bright side. Free advertising for you!

Teresa Lynn said:
I agree, consider it a silver lining in your cloud.

I have a friend who sells Homemade gourmet, I don't care for any of their products. We swapped shows about 5 years ago last week I finally threw away about 30 remaining mixes I'd gotten as a host or purchased my family doesn't care for them either. I always intended to give them away and would forget and they'd get shoved to the back of my pantry & were obviously rock hard and expired..

However, the friend does a catalog party for me 2 times a year, and carries PC to her shows to display the food.
She's always getting me business at craft fairs for MMP & SA bowls and caddy

Oh my gosh! I feel the same way!! Only thing I really like from HG is the cheesecake mix. Everything else has gone in the trash and a waste of my ingreedients and $ I have spent on the items.
However my consultant is a sweetheart and she promotes my PC with her items so I can't complain!
Schel
Schel

One of my friends is a TS consultant and we have swapped shows and then also did a "best of both worlds" open house, PC and TS.
I understand how you are feeling, but consider this.
Maybe you should host a show for her. You are the one that prepares the items for your guests and she presents them. Use your Chillzanne Rectangle Server, the spreaders, the carafe and the quick-stir at your show. Use the outdoor party plates for the dips that are already prepared and put the items to dip in them on the plate while the little container sits in the cup area. Leave the Stoneware loaf pan sitting on your stove top w/ 1/2 the loaf in it. Use the Square Baker for the Apple cake and leave that sitting out too. Then when she sees all of this and asks you about it. Help her out, tell her how she can get more free by hosting a show or catalog show to help with her business!
This way you both "help each other out".

Maybe now that she has entered the direct selling world she will understand the whole networking thing better and might be willing to host a show for you.

It would be great for the two of you to partner and host somehting together since our products compliment each other so well. Maybe you all could do a combined Mystery Host show and you can feed off of her contacts and she can feed off of yours. Could be a great win-win situation for both of you!

1. Why do I even need to care about this topic?

It's important to care about the things that matter to your friend. Showing support and understanding can strengthen your relationship and make your friend feel valued.

2. How can I figure out why my friend cares about this?

The best way to figure out why your friend cares about something is to have an open and honest conversation with them. Ask them questions and listen to their answers without judgment.

3. What if I don't understand or agree with why my friend cares about this?

It's okay if you don't understand or agree with your friend's perspective, but it's important to respect their feelings and opinions. You can still support them and be there for them even if you don't fully understand.

4. What if my friend's interests or passions are different from mine?

Differences in interests and passions are natural and can actually bring diversity and new perspectives to your friendship. Embrace and celebrate your friend's unique interests, even if they differ from your own.

5. How can I show my friend that I care about their interests?

There are many ways to show your friend that you care about their interests. You can actively listen and engage in conversations about their interests, join them in activities related to their interests, and offer your support and encouragement. Simply being there for them can show that you care.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • chefheidi2003
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • lesliec