• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating a Tough Conversation with a Friend and Customer

As an IBO, you make money by selling products and by registering others who do the same. You must renew your business yearly by paying the Business Services and Support fee.
strasfamily
I had a friend and customer of ours e-mail me to tell me she wants to talk to me and my husband about her new business opportunity with Quixtar. I googled it and it is the same thing as Amway. I had a horrible experience with an Amway rep years ago and I just don't like anything about that company.

What do I tell my friend why I am not interested? I wish her the best, but I just don't even want to hear it. Plus, since PC is also a DSA, I would feel funny turning her down to listen to her since she knows we kind of are in the same boat. Does that make sense? I would hate to lose her as a friend and customer.

It's such a shame that you had a bad experience with an Amway distributor. My hubby and I were distributors in the early 90's and totally fell in love with the products. The business aspect didn't pan out for us, but I still use the products today. We order via the Quixtar site. There is seriously nothing better that I've tried for beautiful laundry!

As for declining the invitation to talk about it. Make it just that simple. "I've already been approached about Quixtar/Amway and found that it isn't a good fit for me. I wish you luck with it!" How's that for polite, yet clear? :)

I would just tell her that you are happy with your PC career and aren't looking for new opportunities.

I would tell her that your PC career is keeping you very busy and that you wouldn't be able to juggle another opportunity and tell her thanks anyway for thinking of you.

my husband signed up for quixstar about 3 yrs ago and after he did the reps just left him hanging, they did have a few good things that we bought but it was like buying in bulk, we had a few people we knew who took off with it and my understanding is still doing awsome.
I would say what Harriet said that PC is keeping you pretty busy right now

If you are planning on becoming a director through PC, you can't be involved with any other DSA. You could go at it from that angle...but that means you probably should become a director in the next 6 months or so....Or you could offer the PC opportunity to them! I never understood why people would offer a business opportunity without telling people what it is until they get them in the room...seems like a scam to me when they do that.

IS SHE TRYING TO RECRUIT YOU OR SHOW YOU HER PRODUCTS?
I would say if shes trying to recruit you i agree with the above posts,tell her your busy & happy w/ PC.
If shes trying to sell to you i would say give her the time and respect you would want given to you.
remember "what comes around,goes around"

just my 2 cents ;)

My Aunt is a IBO for Quixtar; she got my mom to jump into it about 3 years ago. Well it does not have a very good commission rate and they work with something called pv and bv for their commission. I think my mom had to sell a washer and dryer to get a good check(and she sold it to our landlord for our house); There products are good quailty but so are the grocery stores; I really like the makeup it really is good stuff. But if your are going to make any money then you have to buy everything that you need or could ever want through them. My Mother and my Aunt have stopped talking because of this company; my mom thinks of it a cult, and my aunt is dead set on recruiting every one. I purchused a IBO membership with out the startup kit because I couldn't stand to see how much my Aunt was makeing off me(my mom always had given me her price) But this is what i got off there site about how you earn money How you get paid
Registering others

Multiply your profit potential by bringing others into the business. You can register them two ways.

IBOs These will be your "downline." Like you, they're interested in a business, and they also make money by selling products and by registering others who do the same. As an IBO, you purchase products at IBO cost. You must renew your business yearly by paying the Business Services and Support fee.

Customers These retail customers may order products directly from Quixtar and pay the suggested retail price or any price you choose at or above your IBO cost. No annual fee.
Retail Profit Get income when your customers buy products at a price above your IBO cost. You get to pocket the difference.

Quixtar will send you a check for retail profit earned over $50 when your customers order via this website. Retail profit less than $50 will be distributed with your monthly Performance Bonus.

Monthly Performance Bonus Earn a monthly Performance Bonus based on your monthly business volume (PV and BV) from products purchased by you, your Members, Clients, and downline IBOs.

Wait, what's PV/BV? Every product has an assigned PV (Point Value) and BV (Business Volume). The PV and BV you accumulate throughout the month determines the amount of bonus you receive.

PV is used to determine your bonus percentage, as shown in the Performance Bonus Schedule. The more PV you earn monthly, the higher your percentage bracket. The corresponding BV determines the dollar amount that your percent of bonus is based on

Just tell the NO that you don't want to or they will hound you like my Aunt does to people. I think Pampered Chef is way better
Tonia

I believe she is trying to recruit us as she mentioned a group opportunity meeting that will be happening in the near future. I will tell her that PC is keeping us very busy but if she has a website I will keep it saved in case I need to order anything.

A person that my husband worked with tried to get me to do this as well. She had ordered stuff from me and knew I was quite happy but wouldn't lay off my husband about wanting to come and talk to us about the oppertunity. So we finally gave in and they came over to tell us about the company. I asked a lot of questions that I knew I could compare to the PC. Afterwords I said thank you for all the great infomation but I really want to just devote my time to one business and that I felt that the PC had some great things to offer. But if I ever changed my mind I'd let her know and if she ever needed my to buy something I'd love to help!

My husband and I use to be Amway (Worldwide) distributors for 3 years in the early 90’s . We never made any money, we sure spent a lot. The only true way you are going to make any money was to recruit. All meetings I have been to always train on showing their business plan, which is how you show a possible recruit on how Amway works by them recruiting other people to be in their downline. We never had any training on the Amway products. There is no support on selling the products, and they do not show products by in home demos like we do. They always stress the importance of going to their big Family Reunions (this would be your Diamond Director and all of their downline), which is not anything like we have through conference and all the great training classes. Theirs is more for motivation. The upper directors shared all they have accomplish by showing slides of their homes, cars, boats, planes, vacation purchases. If I remember right they may give you some tips on how you could work the business plan, but mostly was the sharing of “look what I got”. Don’t get me wrong, we did learn some great business and people skills from the experience, and got a taste from our upline directors on the luxury life. There are some people that do great with Amway, but I feel you have to be a very, very outgoing person and not afraid of what people think about Amway. A lot of people have had bad experience from pushy distributors, which gives Amway a bad name. Their products are very good, and I loved using them. Although they are expensive at first, they do last longer because they are very concentrated.

I feel PC offers so much more and the opportunity for higher success is more obtainable then Amway.

Just a little of my experience with Amway, but everyone is different. PC is the fit for me!

You may not want to get involved by being a distributor, but if your friend has helped you by purchasing our PC products you can return the favor by trying theirs. This now makes you both even on helping each other!

1. How do I approach a tough conversation with a friend and customer?

First, take a deep breath and remain calm. It's important to approach the conversation with a clear mind and a positive attitude. Think about what you want to say and how you want to say it in a respectful and constructive manner.

2. What should I do if the conversation becomes heated or emotional?

If the conversation becomes tense, try to diffuse the situation by acknowledging the other person's feelings and perspective. Avoid getting defensive or aggressive, and instead, listen actively and show empathy. Take a break if needed to cool down before continuing the conversation.

3. How can I express my concerns without hurting the friendship?

Be honest and direct, but also choose your words carefully. Use "I" statements to express your feelings and avoid placing blame on the other person. Be open to listening to their perspective and finding a solution together.

4. What if the tough conversation results in a disagreement or argument?

Remember that it's okay to disagree and have different opinions. Stay respectful and try to find common ground. If needed, take a break and come back to the conversation later when both parties are calmer and more open to finding a resolution.

5. How can I end the conversation on a positive note?

End the conversation by thanking the other person for listening and for their understanding. Reaffirm your friendship and express your desire to find a solution and move forward together. Make sure to follow up and check in with them later to ensure that the issue has been resolved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
amandaali
  • evk1972
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • evk1972