• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Unexpected Outcome of Sharing My Contact Info

I knew you could do it!!In summary, the conversation involved a person who was approached by a stranger and asked for a catalog and contact information. The person gave the information and asked to follow up in a day or so. When they called, the person answered but said they were not home. The caller left a message and when they mentioned the company name, the person said they would be back in 30 minutes and would call back. The caller asked if they should leave their number but the person said they already had it. There was speculation about why the person may have been avoiding the call, but it turned out they were interested in hosting a show. The caller was excited and arranged a show for March 15th. They also
Becky0216
So I was out the other day and a random person asked me for a catalog and my contact info. I gave them to her and asked her if I could follow up with her in a day or so. She gave me her info. I just tried calling her (before I leave for vacation) and she answered. I recognized the voice right away. But when I asked for her she said she was not home.
I left a message saying who I was. When I said I was from PC, she said OH, she will be back in 30mins. I will have her call you back. Never asked for a # or anything. I said do you want to take my number down? And she said No, I think she has it...

Is this something normal? People giving their info, but trying to dodge calls?:(

I was so excited about this woman wanting my info.

Don't count her out, it's possible that it could be a daughter or sister that sounds just like her. My sister and I sound alike on the phone, our own dad cannot tell us apart if I answer her phone at home. My grandpa has to ask which one it is when we call him. And now I'm noticing that her 2nd oldest daughter sounds like her too!

But there are some people out there who will dodge you like this. Just keep calling back until she asks you to stop.

I don't think I would necessarily worry about it. There are so many telemarketers and the like out there, that it's probably all she was doing. When she realized it was you, she was probably too embarassed to admit that she was screening her calls.

Or, maybe she has a daughter who sounds like her??

So, did she call you back??

Great minds think alike, Wadesgirl.........you just beat me to it! LOL

I am not persistent enought to call back. So I will wait and see what happens. I was hoping she was interested in doing a show. We will see. I could be wrong and she could have been telling the truth. I just thought it was funny that when I said who I was she perked up and then said that she had the # already. Maybe i am just paranoid.

Like Marie-France said, she could have thought you were a telemarketer or something and got flustered. Call her back, you are just doing your job.

If you don't hear back - I would call again and just say something like "I wasn't sure if you got the message that I called....."

Call her back!! She ASKED you to do it when she gave you her info.

If she was excited about a show and IF it was just a daughter that sounded like her she probably told her about it... AND she has your catty with your contact info on it or the caller ID on the phone has your number.

This isn't personal and it isn't about you. Do your job and follow up until she tells you she doesn't want to do a show. This may be your BEST customer ever and you can't let one strange phone call scare you!

Ok, so she called me back.. It was definatly her the first time. I could tell. But its ok. She wants a few things in the catty. I talked her into hosting a show so she can earn them. So, now on the 15th of March, we will be doing a cooking show. I am so excited and happy she wasn't blowing me off.

Way to go, Becky!!!!For future reference, instead of asking to leave a message and have that person call me back, I always ask when would be a good time to reach her so that *I* can do the calling back. This is my business and I'm in control. I don't wait around for other people to call me back. I call them. Good luck!

Becky0216 said:
Ok, so she called me back.. It was definatly her the first time. I could tell. But its ok. She wants a few things in the catty. I talked her into hosting a show so she can earn them. So, now on the 15th of March, we will be doing a cooking show. I am so excited and happy she wasn't blowing me off.

Way to go!

That's awesome Becky! :) Good luck with the show and make sure to keep us up to date. I'm curious to find out how the show goes.

GREAT!! Congratulations on getting a show with a new crowd! How exciting!

Yeah, I guess I should be the one in control of the calls. I am so new to this, I sure am gald I have all of you to steer me in the right direction or just lend an ear.

I will let everyone know how this show went. Hopefully it doesn't end up cancelled or something. I am so excited that it gets me out of my circle of friends. And all from wearing a pin.

I'm glad she called you back. I was making calls the other day and a lady said, "Call me back in 7 minutes." HUH? So I called her back in 8 (like to keep my word) and she booked for March 2nd. If they ask you to call back, CALL BACK!!!!!

Becky0216 said:
I am not persistent enought to call back. So I will wait and see what happens. I was hoping she was interested in doing a show. We will see. I could be wrong and she could have been telling the truth. I just thought it was funny that when I said who I was she perked up and then said that she had the # already. Maybe i am just paranoid.

Could have had Caller ID! Glad she called you back:thumbup:

1. How can sharing my contact info lead to an unexpected outcome?

Sharing your contact info can lead to an unexpected outcome because you never know who may reach out to you and for what reason. It could be a potential customer, a business opportunity, or even a new friendship.

2. Is it safe to share my contact info with strangers?

It is ultimately up to your discretion to share your contact info with strangers. However, there are ways to protect your privacy, such as creating a separate email address or using a phone number masking service.

3. What are some benefits of sharing my contact info?

Sharing your contact info can lead to networking opportunities, potential sales or business partnerships, and expanding your personal or professional network.

4. Can sharing my contact info help me grow my business?

Yes, sharing your contact info can help you grow your business by connecting you with potential customers or partners. It can also help improve brand recognition and visibility.

5. How should I share my contact info in a professional setting?

When sharing your contact info in a professional setting, it is best to exchange business cards or create a digital contact exchange through apps or email. This ensures that your information is shared accurately and professionally.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • aried