1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Someone stoled a contact from me!

1. aried

aried Advanced Member Gold Member

I have the window decals on my car and my daughter and I were coming out of the library and there were 2 ladies talking behind my car. One said oh there is the pampered chef lady and made a comment about the lady she was talking to was one also and told her to call her! Hey I paid for the advertising on my car-she didn't! Didn't recognize the other pc person- she was from a small town nearby.

Oh well I did make a contact at the bank who needed to order another small dots bowl she just broke.

Aug 20, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Oh that stinks! Since we don't have terretories or anything, she really wasn't out of line. She was just opportunistic.

But still, a bummer

Aug 20, 2009
  3. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

ooo id be a little upset about that!! id tell her she should get her own car window clings!!

Aug 20, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Maybe I'm not understanding the situation....

She knew the lady she was talking to?

Did you?

It doesn't seem like it would be stealing if it's someone you know saying "give me a call" vs. calling a random # on a window cling. I'd rather deal with someone I know....

Aug 20, 2009
  5. Kitchen Diva

Kitchen Diva Legend Member Gold Member

I don't understand how someone could steal a contact from you if you weren't there to begin with...
    I am sorry that you missed out on what appeared to be a potential contact/opportunity, but I agree with an above post- the other consultant didn't do anything wrong...she just took advantage of the opportunity that had presented itself around your window cling, while you weren't there...

Aug 20, 2009
  6. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I'm the type that can see both sides to every story. I understand that you are frustrated and feel like you might have had a new contact if the other consultant wasn't there. But how do you know that she stole a customer? What if she's sold to that woman before, recognized her & was reconnecting? Then technically it was HER customer to begin with (although she should have done better follow up to keep the loyalty).

If you didn't hear the whole conversation, then you don't know if they were talking about PC or if they were talking about a playdate for their children. Know what I mean?

If you saw a customer standing by someone's vehicle, getting frustrated at having to wait & about to walk away, would you stop & chat? Maybe that's what she saw. ;)

If the other customer said "nevermind, I just booked a show with her", I'd have had my feathers ruffled too.

Or if the other consultant was following me all around town, waiting for me to leave the vehicle and then standing there herself to drum up business I'd be mad as well. ;)

Until you know the WHOLE story, try to give the other consultant the benefit of the doubt. The conversation could have all been related to something totally different.

I did a show recently with another consultant present. While I was in the kitchen talking to a potential recruit, another guest came into the kitchen said that she was talking to the other consultant & asking recruiting questions and that the other consultant sent her to me!!! I'd have NEVER known!!! The other consultant could have stolen the recruit lead, but fortunately she had better ethics and referred the guest to me for info. So not all "PC" talk with another consultant leads to something bad. ;)

Aug 20, 2009
  7. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

Sheila,

You make me laugh! Could you imagine?!?!

Aug 20, 2009
Have something to add?