• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Pampered Chef Steal the Mix N Chop Idea?

In summary, there was a discussion about how the MNC was an idea stolen by PC from a man in Colorado. During a recent show, the host revealed that she was related to this man and had been talking about it throughout the show. Some attendees were influenced by her and ordered the product. The host spent over $400 and wants the consultant to contact HO about using the man's prototype, but the consultant has some information and wants to check the thread to see if it is the same man. The consultant explains that product development takes 5-10 years and there are pictures of similar antique tools on the thread. The man's idea was taken to PC 15 years ago but was not brought out due to market research. The consultant
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
A few months ago someone posted about the MNC being an idea PC stole from some man and how they kept talking about it during the show.
Well, guess what the host from last night is a niece to this man too (or maybe there are other men who patented it and hocked the idea to PC and were turned down) Anyway, I can't find the thread.
This man is from Colorado and his family is mighty annoyed. The lady kept bringing it up before the show, during my intro, (when I talked about our exclusive products), during the demo etc. There were 15 women in the room and some of them ordered very little they hadn't heard of PC before and were influenced by her no matter what I said.
This lady spent over $400 but wants me to contact HO directly and ask why they didn't use his prototype.

I am not doing that but have a little info and was going to check it against this thread to see if it is the same man!!

Well, I will tell you that product development takes 5-10 years. It could be that they had the Mix N Chop in development when the idea was taken to them. And, it was not an original idea. On that thread are pictures of antique ones that look very similar to ours. When we say exclusive, it means that company makes this product only for us. I'll look for the thread.

She said it was taken to PC about 15 years ago and they laughed at him. When the host showed me hers it looked exactly like the one Paige described and they said he called it the hamburger handler.

I seriously doubt that they laughed at him. However, like I said, this type of tool has been around for a long long time. And, it could have been the wrong time to bring it out - maybe market research showed that it wouldn't have been the next hot thing.

yes, Thanks. I've PM"D Paige to ask the family name.

Related to Did Pampered Chef Steal the Mix N Chop Idea?

What is a Mix N Chop and how does it work?

A Mix N Chop is a kitchen tool designed to help you break up and mix ingredients while cooking. It features sharp blades that easily chop and blend food, making meal prep faster and easier. Simply press down and twist the Mix N Chop over your food to chop and mix it.

What makes the Pampered Chef Mix N Chop different from other kitchen tools?

The Pampered Chef Mix N Chop is made with high-quality materials and features a unique design that allows it to easily break up and mix food without damaging your cookware. It is also dishwasher safe, making clean up a breeze.

Can the Mix N Chop be used for all types of food?

Yes, the Mix N Chop is versatile and can be used for a variety of foods such as ground meat, fruits, vegetables, and even cookies. It is especially useful for breaking up and blending ground meat for dishes like tacos, chili, and meatloaf.

Is the Mix N Chop easy to use?

Absolutely! The Mix N Chop's ergonomic handle and sharp blades make it easy to use for people of all ages and abilities. It requires minimal effort to chop and mix, saving you time and energy in the kitchen.

Does Pampered Chef offer any warranty or guarantee for the Mix N Chop?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products, including the Mix N Chop. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lcucinella
Replies