• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Huge Praise and an Enormous Prayer Request

In summary, my sister's protection order was granted and the hearing was postponed. She is hoping that her BIL's lawyer was just trying to trick them and that the hearing will be cancelled and a new date will be set. She also left a message for a lawyer she knows, but is worried that it will cost money.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Okay prayer warriors, I need some intercession assistance...but first I must mention my praise-

I check my unemployment account online daily to check and see when they will be making their final decision. On Monday they were going to have their decision on Wed, on Tuesday it was moved to decision by Thursday, and today it showed a decision by Friday... I got a little urked, and called them.

The man I spoke with was very nice, read through my entire file with me on the phone, and asked a number of questions. He then told me there was something in my file that was keeping me from getting my unemployment checks and he was going to let me go and talk with the person that lifted those payment bans so to speak, and I should start getting my money soon. He stated that my employer had twice the amount of time and letters to defend their side, and they failed to do so, and he said based on the email evidence I sent them, and that I sent all my info in FAST and responded to their requests for info so efficiently that they were granting my request for unemployment!
So- thanks for your prayers- they were answered!

Okay, here is the urgent request for prayer and intercession.

My sister has a court hearing tomorrow to get her order for protection (against her husband) granted, and to hopefully get some relief (in the form of $$$)- based on the fact that the protection order is because he sexually abused their daughter (she just had her 4th b-day today). So his lawyer called our house today to tell us that He called the county to ask for a hearing extension and it was granted, so the hearing is off for tomorrow, and both parties will be notified of the new date by mail.

First off, we never got that phone call, nor did my sister get a letter in the mail. Secondly...why would BIL's lawyer call us to tell us that?

I got suspicious so I called the County Courthouse and asked if the hearing had been postponed. No one could tell me if it had, as it wasn't in the system as being cancelled, so they transfered me to someone, and I left her TWO messages and noted the urgency that she get back to us ASAP just in case my BIL's lawyer was trying to trick us into not showing up.

No one got back to us, and so we are showing up and showing up early to boot...we'll find out tomorrow if it was indeed cancelled and a new hearing date is coming up.

Here is my prayer...my niece has told us TERRIBLE things that her dad has done to her. I don't want to gross you out, but I must at least tell you something so you understand just how important it is that my BIL and his LAWYER do not win, or get custody of my niece.
My niece told my sister and I one day that Daddy pee's in her mouth. You can put two and two together and know that it wasn't pee- but she was too young to know that. He also tied her hands up when he was doing his thing with her. He was smart and never left a mark, and never penetrated her- so the medical exam she had showed nothing. All we have is multiple "statements" from my niece which we've sent to the States Attorney in the state they are from, and to the detectives, and kept our copies.

My sister does not have a lawyer, and has no money, and her state will pay for one down there, but she needs one up here. I have a good Christian lawyer she left a message with, but I know he will cost $$$

Prayers are that my B-I-L and his lawyer will NOT make it up here. And, if they do, the judge will believe my sister regardless of the fact that she did not tell the people that questioned her for a mere 30 minutes back in February and then determined that nothing ever happened.
Prayers that the truth will be so glaring, and the guilty actions of my bil will be transparent to the judge, and they will grant the protection order.

My sister put on the order that she wanted the state to pay to get her husband the help he needs to get well- but that she feared for her and my niece's safety and did not want him to have any visitation rights for now- in the future supervised would be allowed if deemed appropriate.

Secondly, for funds for the separation papers my sister will have to file in order to at least get child support started.

It is evident that my bil is not a believer like he said he was, and he is being used and directed by the evil one, and he is clearly under oppression from evil spirits...

We need prayer for strength and clarity. For calmness and peace, and for wisdom. Then I would like you all to Praise the Lord on our behalf for the victory that He has in store for us. Basically we are calling things that are not as though they are and speaking our end results that we want. The bible says that Jesus overcame the world, so we know we will be victorious, but I tell you guys...if he gets to take my niece away I will lose it! She is so precious to me and DH and obviously my sister...

Thank you so much for all your help. And Janet, don't worry- it is okay that I shared the few things that I shared in this post about what was done to her. I just didn't want you to be concerned about that.

Thanks for the prayers and for being there for me during this time. I will let you know tomorrow if we actually had the hearing or not- it's set for 9:00 am CST.

Hugs of thanks going off to you all!

Kacey,

You are such a strong woman! God Bless you for the efforts you have done to keep this child and your sister from harm's way!

I think it is a great idea that you attend the hearing anyway tomorrow, even if it is canceled. Lawyers can have some pretty bad tactics just so they can win. (Obviously BIL is desperate!).

I am so sorry your neice had to experience such awful things at such a young and vulnerable age!

May God give you all strength & courage to get you through the days/weeks/months ahead. My prayers will continue to be with you!

HUGS!!

vwpamperedchef said:
Kacey,

You are such a strong woman! God Bless you for the efforts you have done to keep this child and your sister from harm's way!

I think it is a great idea that you attend the hearing anyway tomorrow, even if it is canceled. Lawyers can have some pretty bad tactics just so they can win. (Obviously BIL is desperate!).

I am so sorry your neice had to experience such awful things at such a young and vulnerable age!

May God give you all strength & courage to get you through the days/weeks/months ahead. My prayers will continue to be with you!

HUGS!!

Thanks- I really truly do appreciate all the prayers and love from you guys!

Kacey - I'm right there with you on the prayers & hugs for everyone! My heart breaks each time I read more of this story. I can only imagine what all of you are feeling.

Hugs, love & prayers to you!

Hey Kacey, if you can, you might want to bring a recording of that voice message with you tomorrow. If the hearing is not canceled, maybe it will get your bil and his lawyer in trouble.And I agree, you have amazing strength and faith in spite of all you have gone through and are going through. I admire your courage, wisdom, strength and good heart!

crystalscookingnow said:
Kacey - I'm right there with you on the prayers & hugs for everyone! My heart breaks each time I read more of this story. I can only imagine what all of you are feeling.

Hugs, love & prayers to you!

Thanks Crystal--- yes our hearts are sad, but we have to stay focused on my niece's mental and emotional healing and we are just trying to stay positive and trust God that this will work out for the good of my sister and my niece. I tried to keep it as tame as I could pertaining to what she has told us her daddy did to her...obviously there is so much more-it breaks my heart to think about it. We've caught her in the act of acting out some of the things he did to her as well...sick bast*rd!

Sorry, I'm going to get all worked up, so I should just leave it at that.

Thanks for the hugs, love and prayers!

jbachen said:
Hey Kacey, if you can, you might want to bring a recording of that voice message with you tomorrow. If the hearing is not canceled, maybe it will get your bil and his lawyer in trouble.

And I agree, you have amazing strength and faith in spite of all you have gone through and are going through. I admire your courage, wisdom, strength and good heart!

He spoke with me in person. I WISH it would have been a voice message. I have it on caller-ID that they called, but that's as much proof as I have.

Sorry the first post was so long...Selfishly bumping because my dear sister is really scared about this latest turn of events, and the more prayers the better...forgive me for bumping my own thread, I hope that's not wrong.:confused:

Kacey - I hope it works out as you need....chuckled when you mentioned my name...not worried. ;) The only time I was concerned was when you had mentioned them by name once, just to protect the dear little one.I do not even want to imagine what her Daddy has done to her based on the little you shared. We can only hope and pray that she is clear enough in speaking that to the appropriate people to get her father the help AND PUNISHMENT he needs, and that after that she will forget what occurred. She is still young enough that maybe, just maybe giving an appropriate loving home and appropriate relationships with whatever future father figures may come in her life that she will learn what is appropriate and healthy.I agree with the calls you made and showing up anyway. I would ONLY trust the court itself to tell you of a postponement. I would not trust a lawyer on the other side. Document everything!

Kacey,

I am so very sad that you, your sister, and of course, your niece, are going through this. I am really outraged, and the thoughts of what I'd like to see happen to this guy are NOT very Christian.

You will all be in my prayers for a long time to come. I only hope this little girl can heal, you all find peace and the answers you need, and that justice is served.

I'm praying too girl... for all of you! May Jesus Christ be praised!!!!!!!!!1

I really hope you get this whole situation taken care of so your family can start to heal.
And I'm breathing a sigh of relief that you got your unemployment benefits!

Well, I'm getting ready now to go drive to the courthouse. I didn't sleep well last night and have a sore throat this morning- I know for a fact my sister was up almost the entire night praying herself...

My niece is in a loving home right now, albeit (sp?) we've had a couple of bumps as we all adjust to the living situation, but she is loved ooodles!

She is in play therapy and her therapist said she is really doing great and getting a lot of anger and hurt out- just from playing!

I'll be adding to this thread with the update from our visit to the courthouse today. Thanks everyone for your prayers and thoughts and continued encouragement!

I'll be praying today. I know this isn't a trial, but can the therapist be called in as a professional to help establish that abusive behavior has taken place?

You and your family are in my prayers.

Has your sister gone to Department of Human Resources? They have attorney's to represent those that cannot afford one on their own. Or Legal Services? Granted at times they do not work as hard as those you hire, but it would be representation for her. She does not need to as all go into this without representation.

I work for an attorney, so, I KNOW the court can appoint an attorney for her. She needs to go to DHR or the Clerk's office and file the proper paperwork to have one appointed for her.

I will pray for you!! Kacey, I am so sorry for all you are going through!! I have known a few people that this has happened to, and it's just not right! I know my Dad, the alcoholic, who I know did wrong things to my sister, would have started on me next, but my Mom left and divorced him before it started... My dad liked the older ones, not the little kids, he liked them when they started to become a woman, still too young and not right at all, I'm just explaining why it never happened to me, because I was 10 when my Mom left. Had I been there another 2 years, it would have been my turn. Luckily I was able to get out of visitation, and never had to be near him again.
I also have a few people who I'm close to that this has happened to, and it breaks my heart to hear their stories. I will pray for you and your family and I believe like you do about everything you said about Jesus, and I will thank Him now for what He is doing for you and I know He will make it all work the way that is best for His precious child, your neice! And what is best is not to be near her Dad at all, and Jesus will make that happen!
God bless you and your family and your great beautiful spirit that is helping so much and you are so wonderful to keep requesting prayer for your family, because there is so much power in prayer! And having all of us pray and believe that your requests are being answered, is going to work and all glory be to God! Jesus will never fail you!
We love you Kacey and know that we are praying for you and your sister and neice!:angel: ;)

Last edited:
HERE is the Update you have been waiting forOkay fellow cheffers and prayer warriors. My sister and I got to the courthouse today at 8:30 am, and found out the hearing was still on. We were so excited because that meant that bil's lawyer lied to us...

So we took part in the role call where we found out it had in fact been rescheduled. So Thursday May 8th is the day. We have called an attorney today, and my sister also called the state for an application package for State Aid- I guess they might not take my husbands salary into account. It totally depends on who you talk to, which is why I have contradicting information being given to us. Sorry for the confusion.

My sister also called the Legal Aid people to see if she qualifies for free legal assistance from an attorney so that she does not have to go to the hearing alone. I'm the only one that is available on the 8th to watch my niece, so we are praying for favor with the state legal aid (Tubmann Family Alliance) that they will grant her free legal aid!

We are also praying that my niece will start talking at her play therapy sessions as right now, she's just doing a lot of angry playing- which is the type of play that abused kids partake in.

I will keep you up to date, by either resurrecting this thread, or starting a new one. I deeply appreciate all your prayers for us today! Thank you!

dianevill said:
I'll be praying today. I know this isn't a trial, but can the therapist be called in as a professional to help establish that abusive behavior has taken place?

No, not yet. It would be considered heresay (not sure if I spelled that right, and I'm not gonna check! :) LOL:p

MissChef said:
I will pray for you!! Kacey, I am so sorry for all you are going through!! I have known a few people that this has happened to, and it's just not right! I know my Dad, the alcoholic, who I know did wrong things to my sister, would have started on me next, but my Mom left and divorced him before it started... My dad liked the older ones, not the little kids, he liked them when they started to become a woman, still too young and not right at all, I'm just explaining why it never happened to me, because I was 10 when my Mom left. Had I been there another 2 years, it would have been my turn. Luckily I was able to get out of visitation, and never had to be near him again.
I also have a few people who I'm close to that this has happened to, and it breaks my heart to hear their stories. I will pray for you and your family and I believe like you do about everything you said about Jesus, and I will thank Him now for what He is doing for you and I know He will make it all work the way that is best for His precious child, your neice! And what is best is not to be near her Dad at all, and Jesus will make that happen!
God bless you and your family and your great beautiful spirit that is helping so much and you are so wonderful to keep requesting prayer for your family, because there is so much power in prayer! And having all of us pray and believe that your requests are being answered, is going to work and all glory be to God! Jesus will never fail you!
We love you Kacey and know that we are praying for you and your sister and neice!:angel: ;)

Where is the kleenex my eyes are leaking!!! Your words brought tears to my eyes, and I just PM'd you to tell you how much this post really meant to me.

(all your posts mean a lot, but this one made me cry for some reason)

jrstephens said:
You and your family are in my prayers.

Has your sister gone to Department of Human Resources? They have attorney's to represent those that cannot afford one on their own. Or Legal Services? Granted at times they do not work as hard as those you hire, but it would be representation for her. She does not need to as all go into this without representation.

I work for an attorney, so, I KNOW the court can appoint an attorney for her. She needs to go to DHR or the Clerk's office and file the proper paperwork to have one appointed for her.

Done- she is on the phone with them right now! :) Thanks for the advice Jennifer, I may just start calling you with questons! LOL You guys are seriously the BOMB!

Well, hopefully this postponement was a blessing in disguise to get her the additional legal help she needs. She should get it, she is technically staying with you because she can't put her child in danger in her own house...

Glad to hear things are going in the right direction. Keep us updated.

Glad you went and things at least worked out for the moment and that you now know what would go on today. Your BIL's attorney should never talk yo your sister - the Court should notify her of any changes.

I will pray your sister gets representation. I know around here, they only take into consideration the income of the person, maybe yours will be the same.

jrstephens said:
Glad you went and things at least worked out for the moment and that you now know what would go on today. Your BIL's attorney should never talk yo your sister - the Court should notify her of any changes.

I will pray your sister gets representation. I know around here, they only take into consideration the income of the person, maybe yours will be the same.

She has free legal help, but whether they will give her merely an advocate or an attorney won't be decided until she goes to the Tubman Family Alliance tomorrow. I agree that bil's attorney should not have contacted us. However the courts never contacted us, and I left two messages yesterday before they shut down for the day, and they returned that message this morning while we were at the courthouse- telling us it was indeed cancelled 5 minutes after we spoke to the same person telling us it was still on-
The lady in the courtroom that checked people in did apologize profusley to my sister for the poor level of customer service she received and that no one contacted her. She felt so bad that she gave my sister the new hearing date just incase we don't recieve that info.

Looks like things are moving along, and I'm glad that since we know that bil has a hot shot attorney (I looked them up online) that she will be getting some sort of representation. Our state loves females, and loves children, so the fact that this case is against a female and a female minor- well they will jump all over that and get her all sorts of help!

So are they going after him in MN or in SD?

Let's pray they go after him in BOTH states! Prayers are continuing for all of you!

janetupnorth said:
So are they going after him in MN or in SD?

The States Attorney in SD has an open case on him- the failed lie detector test is not admissable, so we are waiting for my niece to talk in therapy. I would not be surprised if MN went after him as well, but for now there is a cival case against him from my sister, and then a state case against him in SD.

Kitchen Diva said:
The States Attorney in SD has an open case on him- the failed lie detector test is not admissable, so we are waiting for my niece to talk in therapy. I would not be surprised if MN went after him as well, but for now there is a cival case against him from my sister, and then a state case against him in SD.

I don't get things like that...why not in this case? :yuck:

janetupnorth said:
I don't get things like that...why not in this case? :yuck:
We don't know why. I believe I learned in Science class why they aren't but I honestly don't remember. The States Attorney pressured him to take it because he said he could pass one (while in a drunken stupor...which should be a caution to all- if you drink be careful what you say!). He does not have the lawyer he had when he took the test, so my guess is either his employer or mother is paying for his new high-falooting lawyer that he has now.

But the cool part is that we have an ARMY of the Lord on our side...no money for the lawyer that we'd like, but he was able to help my sister and I over the phone today for about 90 minutes free of charge. He normally only gives 30 free minutes.

I wish in this instance a lie detector test was admissable too, and I wish that the comments that my niece has shared with several family members including me could count as evidence, but it can't.

I confidently believe that we will prevail- but the prayers from you guys are opening the heavens and allowing God to do His will- so thank you!

The coolest part is that JESUS has already WON! HE is right in this fight with you against evil and JESUS WINS!!!!!!!!!! We'll keep lifting you up!

quiverfull7 said:
The coolest part is that JESUS has already WON! HE is right in this fight with you against evil and JESUS WINS!!!!!!!!!! We'll keep lifting you up!

Yes He has!!! And no weapon, word or person formed against me will prosper! PTL!!

Kacey,
I have been keeping up with your posts but not posting much but I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I also want you to know that the Lord does not take lightly to harming any children. The Lord says
But whoso shall aoffend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea

jrstephens said:

LOL- she got the notice in the mail today that the hearing for today was cancelled...but our mail doesn't come until after 11:00am, and the hearing was at 9:00 am! Too funny!!!

Jennie4PC said:
Kacey,
I have been keeping up with your posts but not posting much but I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I also want you to know that the Lord does not take lightly to harming any children. The Lord says
But whoso shall aoffend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea

Jennie- thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers. I love that verse! I will share that with my sister. She's been reading alot of verses in Proverbs about the ways of the wicked shall perish, etc...etc... but I really like this verse you shared!

I appreciate that you are here to offer up your prayers for us- especially my sister and little niece.

Jennie4PC said:
Kacey,

Kacey~

I just wanted to point out something that I just recently found out about this verse. I guess I always figured a millstone was heavy...but it is actually the HUGE stones used for grinding grain. Animals had to PULL THEM TO ROTATE THEM. That says a lot for their weight. Imagine having cinder blocks (from building basements and such) hung around your neck and drowned. You wouldn't stand a chance. Now, imagine this MILLSTONE...and how much more God HATES THIS SIN that he used this as the imagery rather than something smaller.

I pray that the power of God is evident through your sister's case. I can't imagine what your sister, your neice, or you and your DH are dealing with emotionally. It makes me sick to even begin to think about what your little neice has been through. I pray that her father gets help for his problem, and that he is PUNISHED SEVERELY for these vicious sins against a helpless small girl. Through this, I pray that God is given all of the glory...and that he SMASHES through any and all lies that may be said to try and defend this man. It just makes me so sick I can't even think straight. Thankfully, even when words won't come for us to pray, the Holy Spirit intercedes and knows the groanings of our hearts and goes to the Father for us.

Love,
Kelly

KellyTheChef said:
Kacey~

I just wanted to point out something that I just recently found out about this verse. I guess I always figured a millstone was heavy...but it is actually the HUGE stones used for grinding grain. Animals had to PULL THEM TO ROTATE THEM. That says a lot for their weight. Imagine having cinder blocks (from building basements and such) hung around your neck and drowned. You wouldn't stand a chance. Now, imagine this MILLSTONE...and how much more God HATES THIS SIN that he used this as the imagery rather than something smaller.

I pray that the power of God is evident through your sister's case. I can't imagine what your sister, your neice, or you and your DH are dealing with emotionally. It makes me sick to even begin to think about what your little neice has been through. I pray that her father gets help for his problem, and that he is PUNISHED SEVERELY for these vicious sins against a helpless small girl. Through this, I pray that God is given all of the glory...and that he SMASHES through any and all lies that may be said to try and defend this man. It just makes me so sick I can't even think straight. Thankfully, even when words won't come for us to pray, the Holy Spirit intercedes and knows the groanings of our hearts and goes to the Father for us.

Love,
Kelly

Kelly, thanks for that! My sister is a Little House on the Prairie freak, and I had the pleasure of seeing a millstone on an episode the other day- I didn't think anything of it when I read the verse, but you are so right...it is a HUGE stone!!!

I'm so glad that God impressed that upon you to share with me. I will share that with my sister as well! We have bible verses stuck all over the house and we pray them and speak them aloud daily! I appreciate all of your insight and for the prayers from you all!

My niece was kind enough to share her latest cold with me, so I'm off to bed to get some rest before I have to make her 6 layer Princess Castle cake for her B-day party tomorrow.

Kacey...

Isn't it funny how God uses something to touch our hearts? I almost didn't write about the millstone, cuz I thought maybe I was being silly, or that lots of people would already know about it. Instead, He used it to speak to you...

He is so good, even through the rough times...

http://women.evenhealth.com

KellyTheChef said:
Kacey...

Isn't it funny how God uses something to touch our hearts? I almost didn't write about the millstone, cuz I thought maybe I was being silly, or that lots of people would already know about it. Instead, He used it to speak to you...

He is so good, even through the rough times...

http://women.evenhealth.com

I am so glad that you did write! It's funny but I bet that lots of people that want to post, don't because they think their thoughts are silly, or unimportant, but you just NEVER know when something you do or something you say will be an answer to someone else's prayers!!!

(thanks for putting your little "bun in the oven" picture back in your siggy!)

Kacey, I'm not able to be here often right now, but you and your family remain in my prayers.

1. What is the urgent prayer request for?

The urgent prayer request is for a court hearing for a protection order and financial relief for a sister whose husband has sexually abused their daughter.

2. What happened when the person checked their unemployment account?

The person checked their unemployment account and found that there was a delay in receiving their payments. They called and spoke to a representative who informed them that their employer did not provide enough evidence to defend their case, and their request for unemployment was granted.

3. Why was the court hearing postponed?

The court hearing was postponed because the husband's lawyer requested an extension, which was granted by the county. However, the sister did not receive any notification of the postponement.

4. What are the prayer requests for the court hearing?

The prayer requests for the court hearing are for the truth to be revealed, for the judge to believe the sister's testimony, for protection for the sister and her daughter, and for funds to cover legal fees and separation expenses.

5. What is the praise report?

The praise report is that the person's unemployment request was granted and they will receive their payments. They also ask for praise for the victory that God has in store for them in the court hearing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies