• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Even Think of a Catchy Title...

everyone has the ability to help in some way. Pray that people will step up. Pray for guidance and strength.
BTW....just for you:

You know...so you don't worry! ;)

Meg, I will certainly keep your father in my prayers. Glad to know the Outer
Banks in NC are not my definition of a beach! :) We were going to check out NC instead of coming back to SC, but decided we should go and see the new grandson since we are out and about. Yes, I'm too young to be a grandma...it's a step-grandson. :)

Take care, and get moving on your promotion, will ya! :)

talk soon! :)

Awww Kelly, how cool that you remembered! How are you feeling hon? I hope much better! :)The ocean was the best temp today but the waves were nasty! I got sucked under twice but managed to find the sand and pushed up to get some air...not my idea of fun, but at least I got that fear out of the way... LOLDear sister had an anonymous person donate a top christian lawyer to take her case, so he is hot on the trail of doing what needs to be done! We've been turning to this guy for advice for the past month, and out of the blue my Mom called my sister yesterday and said he'd been retained for her from an anonymous christian person. We don't know who it is, but boy are we thankful! Sister was down in the town where her new apartment is waiting, she's looking for a job. They won't let her move in until she has a job so she's down in a little town outside the even smaller town she'll be living in looking for work.Thanks for keeping us in your prayers. I'm off to chill out before we walk into town and have a pizza for supper. Tomorrow is our last day, and if we don't walk around downtown Charleston we'll be at the beach again. Friday we take off to see the step-daughter and grandson, spend the night somewhere close to them, and then head back to MN on Saturday.Talk to all of you later. I miss you all and wish I could chat more!

Kitchen Diva said:
Awww Kelly, how cool that you remembered! How are you feeling hon? I hope much better! :)The ocean was the best temp today but the waves were nasty! I got sucked under twice but managed to find the sand and pushed up to get some air...not my idea of fun, but at least I got that fear out of the way... LOLDear sister had an anonymous person donate a top christian lawyer to take her case, so he is hot on the trail of doing what needs to be done! We've been turning to this guy for advice for the past month, and out of the blue my Mom called my sister yesterday and said he'd been retained for her from an anonymous christian person. We don't know who it is, but boy are we thankful! Sister was down in the town where her new apartment is waiting, she's looking for a job. They won't let her move in until she has a job so she's down in a little town outside the even smaller town she'll be living in looking for work.Thanks for keeping us in your prayers. I'm off to chill out before we walk into town and have a pizza for supper. Tomorrow is our last day, and if we don't walk around downtown Charleston we'll be at the beach again. Friday we take off to see the step-daughter and grandson, spend the night somewhere close to them, and then head back to MN on Saturday.Talk to all of you later. I miss you all and wish I could chat more!
WHOHOO - doing virtual backflips for your sister!!!! How awesome!
backflip.gif

Last edited:
Allright y'all ... don't start a beach brawl... some of us Carolinians LOVE our outer banks! :) SO THANKFUL to hear your wonderful news Kacey!!!!!!!!

quiverfull7 said:
Allright y'all ... don't start a beach brawl... some of us Carolinians LOVE our outer banks! :) SO THANKFUL to hear your wonderful news Kacey!!!!!!!!
Chef Meg started it! :) LOL

I think she was just saying that she is used to MILES of shoreline with an ocean you can jump in, swim in, and play in. The sand is nice and smooth (except for the seashells that wash on shore) and in her defense, I've been to some oceans that were really boring- barely any waves, no shore line and blah.

But I know you were just playing Diane. :) When we move to NC we hope to be able to be close to a major beach and want it to be something like Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, or Folly Beach, here in SC. If it makes you feel better Diane, I like NC better as a whole... :) I had SOOOO much fun driving in the mountains when we first entered the state- man I should think about driving a race care for a living. DH was quite impressed with my mountain driving. I had a blast!!!

Well I'm off to chill out and try to get some of this water out of my ears from when I was pulled under. Talk to you all later!

janetupnorth said:

backflip.gif

Thanks, Janet- we are very happy as well.

How are things in your neck of the woods? Has the sun come out to visit you at all this week?

Kacey!! I am so relived your sister has representation!! AMEN!

What wonderful news, Kacey! You'll all continue to be in my prayers.

That is such GREAT news. I am smiling for you!!!

Enjoy your vacation.

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Kitchen Diva said:
Thanks, Janet- we are very happy as well.

How are things in your neck of the woods? Has the sun come out to visit you at all this week?

Sun has come out! Very little rain - about 60 degrees - YEAH! I SOOOOO needed spring. Unfortunately I've been so busy the last few days that I haven't gotten out.

Today after work I had to train an instructor in CPR Pro for another area Christian camp. Took up my time, but now she can teach all the staff there and they don't have to bug us. :)

Then, DD had piano and we finally got home to eat.

I'm trying to get everyone in bed because I have a headache! :)

Quick stop here...and I'm in bed right after them!

Enjoy your last few days there and have a safe trip home!

Janet, I am sorry that you have a headache. Have you ever tried Gatorade to reduce or eliminate your headaches? I know it's pricey, but normally 8-12 ounces will do it. I but the G2 Gatorade because it has less sodium and calories and sugar than the original, plus it doesn't taste as salty either. I can get rid of most headaches, or at least reduce the pain considerably with Gatorade.Hope you got some rest and that you feel better in the morning. If I don't kill my husband in his sleep because of his abnormally loud snoring, I'll check in tomorrow and see how you are doing.I should just ask for your phone number now because I know you get one call from the pokey, and I think you are the person I'd call. Maybe I should call Diane, since she's just up the road in NC? :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Dear sister had an anonymous person donate a top christian lawyer to take her case, so he is hot on the trail of doing what needs to be done! We've been turning to this guy for advice for the past month, and out of the blue my Mom called my sister yesterday and said he'd been retained for her from an anonymous christian person. We don't know who it is, but boy are we thankful!
SWEET!

Diane! Kasey is right about why I prefer the beaches in SC over NC BUT I LOVE NC! We lived in Raleigh for several years and when we moved here, I thought I would never survive! It was a great place to be and I still miss it! No beach wars here, baby!

Kitchen Diva said:
Janet, I am sorry that you have a headache. Have you ever tried Gatorade to reduce or eliminate your headaches? I know it's pricey, but normally 8-12 ounces will do it. I but the G2 Gatorade because it has less sodium and calories and sugar than the original, plus it doesn't taste as salty either. I can get rid of most headaches, or at least reduce the pain considerably with Gatorade.

Hope you got some rest and that you feel better in the morning. If I don't kill my husband in his sleep because of his abnormally loud snoring, I'll check in tomorrow and see how you are doing.

I should just ask for your phone number now because I know you get one call from the pokey, and I think you are the person I'd call. Maybe I should call Diane, since she's just up the road in NC? :)

Headache gone - took 1 Aleve, it did the trick.

Gatorade only makes me feel better if I haven't eaten...doesn't help the type of headache.

Life is back to crazy, busy and normal here.

69 degrees yesterday and again today - yeah!

Now off to work...

janetupnorth said:

backflip.gif

yeahthat.gif

All I can say is THANK YOU FOR ANSWERED PRAYER LORD!!

Kelly, how are you feeling????

<h2>1. Why didn't the judge ask any questions or consider the safety of my niece during the hearing?</h2><p>The judge's decision to deny the order of protection and schedule a new hearing may have been based on legal procedures and evidence presented by the husband's team of lawyers, rather than considering the safety of your niece.</p><h2>2. Why is it so difficult for my sister to find a lawyer or free legal aid for an order of protection?</h2><p>Lawyers and legal aid services may prioritize cases that they deem to be more serious or urgent, such as custody cases. Additionally, your sister's financial situation may also affect her ability to find a lawyer or afford legal services.</p><h2>3. Can someone help my sister pro-bono?</h2><p>While it is understandable to want pro-bono assistance for your sister, lawyers also have to make a living and may not be able to take on cases for free. However, your sister can try reaching out to local legal aid organizations or pro-bono clinics for assistance.</p><h2>4. What kind of prayer should I ask for in this situation?</h2><p>You can pray for guidance, wisdom, peace, comfort, and grace for your sister and her legal team. Pray for favor from the judge and for a positive outcome for your sister and her child.</p><h2>5. Why did the judge not err on the side of protecting the child in this case?</h2><p>Every case is different and the judge's decision may have been based on the evidence and arguments presented during the hearing. It is also possible that the judge may have had reasons for not granting the order of protection, even though the state is generally in favor of protecting women and children.</p>

1. Why didn't the judge ask any questions or consider the safety of my niece during the hearing?

The judge's decision to deny the order of protection and schedule a new hearing may have been based on legal procedures and evidence presented by the husband's team of lawyers, rather than considering the safety of your niece.

2. Why is it so difficult for my sister to find a lawyer or free legal aid for an order of protection?

Lawyers and legal aid services may prioritize cases that they deem to be more serious or urgent, such as custody cases. Additionally, your sister's financial situation may also affect her ability to find a lawyer or afford legal services.

3. Can someone help my sister pro-bono?

While it is understandable to want pro-bono assistance for your sister, lawyers also have to make a living and may not be able to take on cases for free. However, your sister can try reaching out to local legal aid organizations or pro-bono clinics for assistance.

4. What kind of prayer should I ask for in this situation?

You can pray for guidance, wisdom, peace, comfort, and grace for your sister and her legal team. Pray for favor from the judge and for a positive outcome for your sister and her child.

5. Why did the judge not err on the side of protecting the child in this case?

Every case is different and the judge's decision may have been based on the evidence and arguments presented during the hearing. It is also possible that the judge may have had reasons for not granting the order of protection, even though the state is generally in favor of protecting women and children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • babywings76