• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Even Think of a Catchy Title...

everyone has the ability to help in some way. Pray that people will step up. Pray for guidance and strength.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
So my sister had her hearing for the order of protection against her husband today. Her husband's mother is paying for his team of lawyers in SD- and they've got ones up here in MN too, because one showed up, said they denied the OFP and wanted a hearing. So the judge banged his gavel and said okay. Didn't even ask my sister one question, or consider the safety of my niece.

My sister is unable to find ANY lawyers or free legal aid. No one will help with orders for protection. Only custody cases and other more serious issues. She's going to get pounded and needs an attorney and needs one fast. The new hearing is set for the 21st, and I will be called as a witness.

I understand that lawyers have to make a living but I'm at the point where I just don't know why someone can't just step up and go pro-bono for my sister.

I don't even know what kind of prayer to ask for. I already know that we might not win every battle, but we have won the war- and I know that God's hand is in this- but enough already, ya know?!?

So I guess if you could pray for guidance, wisdom, peace and comfort and grace that would be a good place to start. We have so many people praying for favor for my sister and the judge didn't even blink at her. The sad thing is our state is very much for women and children, so I'm amazed at this ruling... Normally they would err on the side of protecting the child, but for whatever reason, they aren't in this case.

I appreciate the prayers and thanks for listening to me whine...at least I feel like I'm whining today. I am a little tired and weary of all this crap... I need to go "come to Jesus and He will give me rest"

Contact every single lawyer in town and ask them to go pro-bono. It can't hurt... it may be a tiring lot of calls to make but it may pan something out. If they can't help you, ask for a referral from someone who can... Had she had representation they would have been a voice for her during that session. She may have had a right to speak and not know it! Good luck to you all!

Kitchen Diva said:
So my sister had her hearing for the order of protection against her husband today. Her husband's mother is paying for his team of lawyers in SD- and they've got ones up here in MN too, because one showed up, said they denied the OFP and wanted a hearing. So the judge banged his gavel and said okay. Didn't even ask my sister one question, or consider the safety of my niece.

My sister is unable to find ANY lawyers or free legal aid. No one will help with orders for protection. Only custody cases and other more serious issues. She's going to get pounded and needs an attorney and needs one fast. The new hearing is set for the 21st, and I will be called as a witness.

I understand that lawyers have to make a living but I'm at the point where I just don't know why someone can't just step up and go pro-bono for my sister.

I don't even know what kind of prayer to ask for. I already know that we might not win every battle, but we have won the war- and I know that God's hand is in this- but enough already, ya know?!?

So I guess if you could pray for guidance, wisdom, peace and comfort and grace that would be a good place to start. We have so many people praying for favor for my sister and the judge didn't even blink at her. The sad thing is our state is very much for women and children, so I'm amazed at this ruling... Normally they would err on the side of protecting the child, but for whatever reason, they aren't in this case.

I appreciate the prayers and thanks for listening to me whine...at least I feel like I'm whining today. I am a little tired and weary of all this crap... I need to go "come to Jesus and He will give me rest"

You are certainly not whining. You are being dragged through hell. Vent all you need to. I have a friend who went through a similar battle and ultimately the father lost parental rights. She always went in w/o representation because she couldn't afford an attorney. Hopefully your siste rwill fare just as well.

Can you ask your church for referrals? Is there anyone there that is a lawyer?

I agree, ask everyone for a referral. EVERYONE!

You are always in my prayers...............

I told my sister to call every lawyer in the Christian Phone book that we have...it's up to her. She hasn't listened to one piece of advice I've given her (but if someone else tells her the same thing- she'll do it, or listen) so I'm done trying to push her to do something.

She has already gone to her church and asked for guidance- they just prayed with her.

I guess I need to just go and get on my face and pray that the Holy Spirit would move in her and get her to start making calls.

The two places that offer free help don't offer free help for proteciton order hearings. And the one lawyer we've contacted (that I really like) will not go pro-bono...

Thanks Carolyn for making me feel better about my whining. I am really tired today and just don't even know how to express my frustrations with this entire ball of crap. It is hard enough as a family to deal with the fact that a tiny member of the family has been sexually abused by her father, but then to lose my job, and then 2 months later my husband loses his job, and the evil doer gets a TEAM of lawyers and we can't even afford to retain an attorney and I'm just ticked off!!!

I swear the pirates had it right...pilage and plunder and then ask questions! :)

lkprescott said:
Contact every single lawyer in town and ask them to go pro-bono. It can't hurt... it may be a tiring lot of calls to make but it may pan something out. If they can't help you, ask for a referral from someone who can... Had she had representation they would have been a voice for her during that session. She may have had a right to speak and not know it!

Good luck to you all!

He banged his gavel and that was that! My DH went with her- he said there truly was no way she was going to be allowed to speak. IF she had an attorney- someone could have spoken on her behalf...

dannyzmom said:
You are certainly not whining. You are being dragged through hell. Vent all you need to. I have a friend who went through a similar battle and ultimately the father lost parental rights. She always went in w/o representation because she couldn't afford an attorney. Hopefully your siste rwill fare just as well.

Well, I hope with the fact that her husband has attorney's in TWO flippin'
states to help him, that he loses his rights as well. This is insane!:grumpy:

UpdateMy sister contacted one last number that was given to her, and they took all her info (They did an intake on her) and told her that someone would contact her today or tomorrow to discuss her case further. Please pray that they will take her on, and help her free of charge.

I'll keep you all posted. THanks!

Thank heavens! Fingers are crossed!!

lkprescott said:
Contact every single lawyer in town and ask them to go pro-bono. It can't hurt... it may be a tiring lot of calls to make but it may pan something out. If they can't help you, ask for a referral from someone who can... Had she had representation they would have been a voice for her during that session. She may have had a right to speak and not know it!

Good luck to you all!

That's 146 pages of attorney's...anyone wanna help call? :)

Yikes. Can you narrow it down some how? Maybe online?

Some of those attorneys wouldn't have anything to do with this type of case. If they specialize in corporate law, bankruptcy, insurance, personal injury, etc. You probably need a family attorney.

chefann said:
Some of those attorneys wouldn't have anything to do with this type of case. If they specialize in corporate law, bankruptcy, insurance, personal injury, etc. You probably need a family attorney.

Oh, I know that...I was just curious as to how many attorney's we had in our local area!

I knew I should have been an attorney! LOL If I didn't dislike lawyers so much I'd go to school to be one, but then I'd have to work with them- and well...been there, done that, took the beating, got the t-shirt.

Another update-My sister just got a call and she has HOUSING! So far it's just a one bedroom apartment, but everything is paid for and it is about an hour south of us...it is out of the way, but it's a start.

DH and I need to get away for a week- other than a disasterous trip to Jamaica back in 2006, we are in bad need of some couple time and some alone time and some beach time... Sister can watch the house as she won't be able to move into her new place until June.

Just wanted to pass along this praise! :)

Keeping my fingers crossed the poss. lead calls back & can help your sister.

Kitchen Diva said:
My sister just got a call and she has HOUSING! So far it's just a one bedroom apartment, but everything is paid for and it is about an hour south of us...it is out of the way, but it's a start.DH and I need to get away for a week- other than a disasterous trip to Jamaica back in 2006, we are in bad need of some couple time and some alone time and some beach time... Sister can watch the house as she won't be able to move into her new place until June.

Woohoo! Finally a little good news for you!:)

I know, it's exciting!

Your welcome to come visit me, I live about 1 mile from the beach...

Jersey Shore is nice this time of the year, not too crowded yet...

thank you GodPlease dear God guide the attorney and the persons assisting the attorney.

I haven't read all of your posts, but do wonder about a women's crisis center. Many have legal assistance to help with protective orders against abusive family members. (I was on the board of our a few years ago and we had a grant to help with protective orders.)

I'm a Christian and believe in God's power and blessing, and that Christian folks are good people trusting in God. But sometimes prayer is action. And even folks who do not label themselves Christian can be loving caring helpful people. Sometimes God can use these caring people, too.

Most of all prayers are with you and each member of your family.

quiltchef said:
Please dear God guide the attorney and the persons assisting the attorney.

I haven't read all of your posts, but do wonder about a women's crisis center. Many have legal assistance to help with protective orders against abusive family members. (I was on the board of our a few years ago and we had a grant to help with protective orders.)
I'm a Christian and believe in God's power and blessing, and that Christian folks are good people trusting in God. But sometimes prayer is action. And even folks who do not label themselves Christian can be loving caring helpful people. Sometimes God can use these caring people, too.

Most of all prayers are with you and each member of your family.

They don't help with Orders For Protection here...otherwise she'd have the help. She did find one last place, and is waiting to hear from them today or tomorrow...

vwpamperedchef said:
Your welcome to come visit me, I live about 1 mile from the beach...

Jersey Shore is nice this time of the year, not too crowded yet...

We are going to see DH kids and our new grandson. Beats sitting around here twiddling our thumbs and stressing out and applying for jobs that aren't what we want and won't pay the bills...

Thanks for the offer however! :) It just so happens that DH's son is going to the neck of the woods we are going to in order to see DH's daughter and the new baby- so we'll get to see both grandson's and both kids and their respective spouses. Gotta run, I have a pair of denim capri's to buy and T-shirts to iron!

And if you see news of beached whales on TV- it's just DH and I...we're untanned and pudgey!

I am jumping in here late, but have you contacted women shelters in your area? They might have access to some legal services that would help. Just a thought.

Kitchen Diva said:
My sister just got a call and she has HOUSING! So far it's just a one bedroom apartment, but everything is paid for and it is about an hour south of us...it is out of the way, but it's a start.

DH and I need to get away for a week- other than a disasterous trip to Jamaica back in 2006, we are in bad need of some couple time and some alone time and some beach time... Sister can watch the house as she won't be able to move into her new place until June.

Maybe you can work on that baby that you want!!:love: :D :blushing:

MissChef said:
Maybe you can work on that baby that you want!!:love: :D :blushing:

I plan on it! I just packed 3 hubba-hubba nighties! :)

I started to feel guilty for going out of town when money is so tight, but we can still apply for jobs while sitting on the beach- and DH will help me finish my two resumes on the drive down there, and I'll update my Monster.com and Careerbuilder.com accounts.

I think just getting away, and focusing on us, and just staring at the ocean will help. There is something about the ocean...I see God in the ocean, I feel so at peace- I think clearly, I'm calm, I'm relaxed...

I look at it this way- my family might be upset and decide not to help us with money to support my sister and niece until she moves out next month but I don't care. It isn't our responsibility to provide for my sister and niece- my folks should and could help out...but for some reason because we opened our house to them, it's all on us. My mom dropped my niece back off tonight after having her for a day and asked my sister where me and DH were. She told mom that we were at Kohl's getting some clothes. My mom said, "Oh, I thought they didn't have any money?"

I'm like-I needed some clothes because I gave my sister almost everything in my closet, and I no longer have a pair of jean capri's... I was so upset when I heard she said that. It's like- why is Kristine (my nickname is Kacey) buying capri's when she has her sister and niece to support and both her and John are out of work? Shame on them... I asked my mom for some help on Tuesday, and she said she'd talk it over with my Step-dad. So I had my sister tell her tonight that we don't want their money. If they have to think about helping us feed, clothe, and house THEIR daughter and grand-daughter then pooh on them!

This is why I cannot wait until DH and I can move to NC!

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm finished packing for our trip to the beach. We've got plans to meet with dear-step son, and his son and wife, and plans to meet with step-daughter, her new baby boy and her hubby...and plans to sit on the beach for 3 days. I'm glad we are going-we can still look for work and set up interviews while we are at the beach, so I don't feel like I have to defend our going. Besides...that's what a paid off credit card is for right? I know it isn't- but crap...we are doing something we'd normally never do and we are getting out of dodge to recharge and de-stress.

Thanks for all the prayers for my sister. I'll let you know if she is able to get that free lawyer after they call her tomorrow. It looks like some people from a local church have some bedroom and livingroom furniture they can give her, and along with what we are giving her she won't need much to fill up her new place!

Oh Kacey... how close are you coming to me... I'll wave if nothing else! God has placed in the ocean the sound and sight of His power! I LOVE to sit and peer out over the waves and am always amazed at the power in them and then I close my eyes and just listen to the ebb and flow of those always present waves and their power! DRINK IT IN!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and I pray that God will refresh and refill you!!!!!!!

quiverfull7 said:
Oh Kacey... how close are you coming to me... I'll wave if nothing else! God has placed in the ocean the sound and sight of His power! I LOVE to sit and peer out over the waves and am always amazed at the power in them and then I close my eyes and just listen to the ebb and flow of those always present waves and their power! DRINK IT IN!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and I pray that God will refresh and refill you!!!!!!!

Thanks, Diane... we wanted to go to NC originally- and I posted a thread about which beach we should visit- however no one replied, so I deleted it. This way we can se DH's kids and grandbabies...

I will wave at you, and will think of you as I'm bobbing care-free like a child in the waves of the ocean!

Just an idea, but call some of the women's shelters or crisis centers. I know they will be able to guide you somewhere.

Doesn't it just make you made that most people in the legal profession are only there for the almighty dollar??

Hi Kacey - I don't blame you one bit for getting out of dodge. I'll keep you in my prayers b/c I think you need it too! :) The doors will open for where God is guiding you.

Hugs!

crystalscookingnow said:
Hi Kacey - I don't blame you one bit for getting out of dodge. I'll keep you in my prayers b/c I think you need it too! :) The doors will open for where God is guiding you.

Hugs!

Crystal, thanks so much, that means a lot to me! I still haven't told my folks we are going- I don't want to hear the disapointment in her voice and her questioning our finances and the wisdom of going out of town when we are both unemployed and money is beyond tight- but I want to destress, so I'm not going to call her :)

Kacey, I'll continue to keep all of this in prayer.

raebates said:
Kacey, I'll continue to keep all of this in prayer.

Thanks, Rae! :) I'm getting ready to watch some TV- then off to bed. 4:00 am comes really early so I want to get a good sleep. We are going to shoot for 12 hours in the car tomorrow. It's a 20-22 hour trip depending on the weather- and it looks like we'll be hitting storms along the way.

Keep us in your prayers everyone... I promise to come back refreshed, recharged, rejuvinated, and rested!

I'll try to hop online to say hi during the night. I guess we have free internet access in our hotel room.

Talk to you all on Sunday some time. Keep us in your prayers for safe travel and limited to no rain. I'll miss you all for a few days!

I get up at 4:10 every morning. Trust me, I know how early it arrives. Have a safe trip!

Kitchen Diva said:
Thanks, Rae! :) I'm getting ready to watch some TV- then off to bed. 4:00 am comes really early so I want to get a good sleep. We are going to shoot for 12 hours in the car tomorrow. It's a 20-22 hour trip depending on the weather- and it looks like we'll be hitting storms along the way.

Keep us in your prayers everyone... I promise to come back refreshed, recharged, rejuvinated, and rested!

I'll try to hop online to say hi during the night. I guess we have free internet access in our hotel room.

Talk to you all on Sunday some time. Keep us in your prayers for safe travel and limited to no rain. I'll miss you all for a few days!

Have a safe and restful trip!!!! Enjoy!
You DO deserve a break after all you've been through no matter what your family says.

Personally, I can't believe your family is judging you getting away after dealing with such life changes. Learning what your sister and her daughter went through AND having them invade your house and supporting them not to mention the job changes is way more than most families can handle. You NEED to get away for some R&R.

raebates said:
I get up at 4:10 every morning. Trust me, I know how early it arrives. Have a safe trip!

I always joked that Evil was behind the early hours...and since the 9th hour was 3:00 in the afternoon during biblical times, that makes 6:00 am the 1st hour, hence my thoughts on anything earlier than that is evil. :) LOL

By the way, I'm keeping your son in my prayers for his safe and wonderful bike ride home! I can't wait to hear all that God will reveal to him during his trek.

Try to sleep in tomorrow! :)

janetupnorth said:
Have a safe and restful trip!!!! Enjoy!
You DO deserve a break after all you've been through no matter what your family says.

Personally, I can't believe your family is judging you getting away after dealing with such life changes. Learning what your sister and her daughter went through AND having them invade your house and supporting them not to mention the job changes is way more than most families can handle. You NEED to get away for some R&R.

Thanks so much Janet. I must admit I thought I'd get lambasted for wanting to take some time away and get out of here. It's funny, DH told me he felt led to go and visit his kids, and I told him I was feeling the same thing- but I didn't want to tell him for fear that he'd find me insane for suggesting we take what little we have and go on a 9 day trip and sit at the beach! :)

It just so happens that his son will be down there too, so now they won't have to drive up to see us!

I agree that my parents are not looking at this from a rational point of view. They just took a trip to see my sister's brother in law- who is in prison for 2 counts of sexual crimes against a minor- he'll be there for a total of 20 years and has 10 years left. They've been witnessing to him for about 4 years now, and have gone to see him 2 years in a row, since his mother wants nothing to do with him- they've stepped in. Now we just learned what he did to get into prison when the news about what happened to my niece surfaced. DH did a search online and it told us what he did when you look up the prison.

My folks could have used that money to help us out and help my sister out- but they still felt they needed to go- and be there to show love to my sister's brother-in-law...well the same is true for DH and I- we feel we need to get away and reconnect as a couple- have some quiet time with God- and recharge our past dead batteries.

I told my sister that I felt a little taken advantage of by my folks because it's like we're being punished because we opened our house and checkbook to my sister and niece. I told my sister that if our folks would even bother to make the room for them, that DH and I would have sent them money every pay period to help out- and she's just my sister...it's like my mom feels that it's OUR job to provide for my sister no matter how dire our financial situation gets

I'm constantly getting screwed by my family- especially my mom, so I can't wait to get away and then move to NC SOON!!! :)

It means a lot to me that you "get-it" as to why we really need this trip!

Thanks for all the support guys and for your love and prayers. I really feel like I've found a group of friends here that I don't ever want to lose! Thanks much and enjoy your weekend guys. I'll be in touch by Monday at the latest!

Hugs-
Kacey

Kacey, I want you to know that I think you're doing exactly the right thing by putting your marriage and children as a top priority. Family is important, but that starts with your spouse and children.I learned a long time ago that people will criticize your decisions, no matter what. We can't live our lives according to what others think we should do. We would never do anything. And, of course, that would lead to a different type of criticism. Enjoy your trip. The issues, drama, and problems will be waiting for you when you return. You'll just be rested, relaxed, and refreshed enough to deal with them from a fresh perspective.

raebates said:
Kacey, I want you to know that I think you're doing exactly the right thing by putting your marriage and children as a top priority. Family is important, but that starts with your spouse and children.

I learned a long time ago that people will criticize your decisions, no matter what. We can't live our lives according to what others think we should do. We would never do anything. And, of course, that would lead to a different type of criticism.

Enjoy your trip. The issues, drama, and problems will be waiting for you when you return. You'll just be rested, relaxed, and refreshed enough to deal with them from a fresh perspective.

Rae - we learned that fast too. We had a situation 5 years ago, where someone who DIDN'T support us at camp that lives in Racine, cornered my dad about the fact they heard we had a dog. They gave my dad an earful of how no missionary should have a dog because that is a waste of money. They didn't even care that I also worked, we have kids and want them to have a somewhat "normal" life. My dad finally got so irritated he basically told them to knock it off, he got the dog and pays for the food. (Wasn't 100% correct, but close...they gave us so much that technically they probably did pay for the food!). I feed our 2 dogs on $14/month ($10/month at that time). Wonder what they think of us now that dad died a few years ago...

Anyway, the point is, it was really none of their business, having the pets is an EDUCATION to my kids, a stability and normalcy in life and much, much more. This person wasn't providing any income in any way to us and shouldn't criticize anyway. At the time, we hadn't gone out to eat (except for McDonalds or Subway once or twice) in our 4 years of marriage at the time, I hadn't seen a movie in the theaters for 3 years. I didn't have cable or satellite only phone internet access, and much more. How else could we have skimped without spending money?!

That's partially why I do PC. I can tell people SPECIFICALLY that the money goes for my daughter's piano lessons and once in awhile a fun event for my kids.

So, go enjoy your vacation, relax and don't worry about the criticism...they obviously have something else going on in life if they have the need to cut you down.

All I can say is WOW. I thought it was a tough time for me right now!!

Have a GREAT vacation. YOU deserve it!!

Hi everyone! :) We made it safely over 800 miles today! We are in Lexington, KY! It is sooo pretty here! I'm all cleaned up and ready for bed. I hope all of you had a wonderful Saturday, and I'll chat with you later! :) Thanks for the support and prayers.Rae- what you said is so true, I guess I didn't think of looking at it that way- and I probably should have! :) You made me feel a little better.Talk to you later!

Hey Kacey,

Glad your trip is going well. I just got caught up on this thread, and I'm so happy that you and your DH are able to get away for a bit. You REALLY deserve it.

Relax, have fun, and let the waves take your cares away for a little bit.

Still prayin' for ya!

Thanks, Diane! :)We arrived here at Folly Beach, SC around 3:15 today...by dinner time we had tornado warnings for the Charleston area, and a tornado that touched down miles from where we were staying. A lot of guests were panicking, and DH and I needed to run into town to get some milk so we could eat our Cap'n Crunch for breakfast tomorrow. The lady at the front desk almost flipped out- She was like, you can't go outside, there are tornado's coming. I just looked at my husband and smiled. I went out to the car and pointed to the sky and told that storm front it had to go away in the name of Jesus, and that it was not allowed to come anywhere near this island or this hotel...5 minutes later the entire storm system was sitting in the middle of the ocean. It was like it was on land one minute coming for us, and the next minute it was gone...So now all is well here in SC. We drove into town and I mentioned that the storm sewers must be backed up because of all the standing water. He laughed at me and said, hon we are at sea level- they don't have sewers! LOLOkay, I suppose it's time to have a snack and hit the sack. There is no TV in the hotel room tonight because the storms and wind aren't allowing a satellite signal to come through, so I'll have to read or break out the chocolate body paint... :)Talk to you guys later tonight or tomorrow. I miss you guys. I know I'm talking to you now, but it isn't the same as being on my home computer!

Thank you so much for keeping us updated Kacey. I am amazed at your strength and humor. Enjoy the water, the time away, and each other.

Hi Kacey! Thanks for checking in on your vacation! A tornado warning?? Sheesh it just keeps following you! I hope you can break the cycle while on vacation!

You and your DH certainly deserve the break...and time together.

Enjoy it!

hey miss diva, I just caught up on this thread~you and DH get that much needed couple time and enjoy each other;)

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT call your sister this week! God will help her deal with this and you can only do just so much for her.

You are in my prayers...keep us posted!

Kacey-

My sister has recently gone throught a similar situation with abuse. I know how hard it can be on the extended family members.

I have two friends who used to work for women's shelters. They strongly suggested we contact a local women's shelter. You can search for them on-line. They will help with the legal aspects, housing, counseling and more.

Best wishes---

I came here to play in the ocean!Hi everyone! :) Well, it was nice and sunny today, but pretty cool and VERY windy out. However I didn't drive 1300+ miles to NOT play in the ocean, so I took a deep breath and plunged into the nearest wave. I've pretty much had goosebumps on my entire body all day, but it has been worth it! :)

Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit colder, but no wind- so I should be able to go into the ocean and burn the parts of my body that the sun missed today. So much for waterproof sunscreen!

Today I collected a few more sea shells for my 4 year old niece. I called her today to tell her, and she squealed with delight. She didn't know what a sea shell was at first, after I showed her some online, she was excited to get some from the beach.

We took a nice walk along the beach tonight, and saw some sea urchins, and some dead jelly fish, and lots of holes in the sand blowing bubbles. I guess clams dig themselves deep down in the sand and there is an air hole I'm assuming for them to breathe... once the water goes over it, bubbles appear. It would have been fun to dig down and find a couple! :)

So the walk was nice, I got to pick some honey suckle (love the way that smells!)-

I think tomorrow we'll sit on the beach, and finish frying, then go into town and maybe get a pizza for supper. :)

How have all of you guys been? It's weird not to be able to sit in front of my computer and chat with you guys for a few hours each day- but I was able to relax today- and swallow quite a bit of sand...due to the wind. I fed the seagulls, and other ocean birds some Pringles. The sand got into the canister so I didn't want to waste them. DH calls them sea rats. I like watching birds, so I was having fun tossing them some chips and watching them run over to my chair.

Well, that's about it for my day. I'm going to take my progesterone and chill out and read the final Harry Potter book for a while. I normally read each book twice, so I'm on my second round with that book.

Have a great night everyone. I'll chat with you tomorrow! :)

chefmeg said:
hey miss diva, I just caught up on this thread~you and DH get that much needed couple time and enjoy each other;)

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT call your sister this week! God will help her deal with this and you can only do just so much for her.

You are in my prayers...keep us posted!

Hi Chef Meg! :) How have you been? I have truly missed you... I wish you were able to be online more often! Hope all is well with you! :)

I miss chatting with you, too Kasey! SC is beautiful! We went to Hilton Head a few years ago and loved it. Last year was Myrtle Beach and loved it, too! I grew up near the Gulf Coast of Florida, so a beach has a certain picutre in my head. When my DH took me to the Outer Banks of NC, I thought he had lost his mind by calling it a beach! HH and MB were close to what I grew up with, so I can just picture what you are seein right now...and I am jealous!

We are doing OK~my Dad had his liver stints removed today and has chemo treatment #2 tomorrow, so please pray he doesn't have the complications he had last time(that was a huge setback). Business is slow, but most of that is by choice. I have 2 shows this weekend that I am really excited about. Looking toward June and trying to promote this recruiting incentive.

Enjoy your time alone with hubby and keep me posted on how things are progressing with your sister...remember, you can't make her do anything...she has to be able to take the horse by the reins herself.

Kacey...

It's been a while since I checked on this thread, and I am soooooooooo glad to see that you and DH are taking a break! Good luck with your resume writing and applying online while you are gone...and enjoy yourselves!

Love,
Kelly

<h2>1. Why didn't the judge ask any questions or consider the safety of my niece during the hearing?</h2><p>The judge's decision to deny the order of protection and schedule a new hearing may have been based on legal procedures and evidence presented by the husband's team of lawyers, rather than considering the safety of your niece.</p><h2>2. Why is it so difficult for my sister to find a lawyer or free legal aid for an order of protection?</h2><p>Lawyers and legal aid services may prioritize cases that they deem to be more serious or urgent, such as custody cases. Additionally, your sister's financial situation may also affect her ability to find a lawyer or afford legal services.</p><h2>3. Can someone help my sister pro-bono?</h2><p>While it is understandable to want pro-bono assistance for your sister, lawyers also have to make a living and may not be able to take on cases for free. However, your sister can try reaching out to local legal aid organizations or pro-bono clinics for assistance.</p><h2>4. What kind of prayer should I ask for in this situation?</h2><p>You can pray for guidance, wisdom, peace, comfort, and grace for your sister and her legal team. Pray for favor from the judge and for a positive outcome for your sister and her child.</p><h2>5. Why did the judge not err on the side of protecting the child in this case?</h2><p>Every case is different and the judge's decision may have been based on the evidence and arguments presented during the hearing. It is also possible that the judge may have had reasons for not granting the order of protection, even though the state is generally in favor of protecting women and children.</p>

1. Why didn't the judge ask any questions or consider the safety of my niece during the hearing?

The judge's decision to deny the order of protection and schedule a new hearing may have been based on legal procedures and evidence presented by the husband's team of lawyers, rather than considering the safety of your niece.

2. Why is it so difficult for my sister to find a lawyer or free legal aid for an order of protection?

Lawyers and legal aid services may prioritize cases that they deem to be more serious or urgent, such as custody cases. Additionally, your sister's financial situation may also affect her ability to find a lawyer or afford legal services.

3. Can someone help my sister pro-bono?

While it is understandable to want pro-bono assistance for your sister, lawyers also have to make a living and may not be able to take on cases for free. However, your sister can try reaching out to local legal aid organizations or pro-bono clinics for assistance.

4. What kind of prayer should I ask for in this situation?

You can pray for guidance, wisdom, peace, comfort, and grace for your sister and her legal team. Pray for favor from the judge and for a positive outcome for your sister and her child.

5. Why did the judge not err on the side of protecting the child in this case?

Every case is different and the judge's decision may have been based on the evidence and arguments presented during the hearing. It is also possible that the judge may have had reasons for not granting the order of protection, even though the state is generally in favor of protecting women and children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • babywings76