• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Sister Is Finally Leaving Her Husband

In summary, the conversation discusses a woman's sister who is going through a difficult divorce and moving in with her parents. The family is concerned about her husband's debt and is seeking advice for a lawyer. They also mention a website for legal advice and share personal experiences with divorce and debt. The conversation ends with prayers and recommendations for lawyers in Pennsylvania.
babywings76
Gold Member
Please keep my sister in your prayers. I just hope and pray that this step will be the first step of her finally working towards getting some peace.It's a really long story, but right now my parents are with her packing up all her things and helping her move out. She will be staying with them now for who knows how long. She has been trying to hold on to the marriage for so long now. Then she started hanging in there while she formulated an exit strategy, but things have gotten so bad she can't stay there any more.On a side note, does anyone have any connections to a divorce lawyer, or just someone they can ask for some advice on her behalf? Her husband has racked up a huge amount of debt (some of the debt they did together, some has been him going crazy.) He has a lawyer in the family and we worry that somehow he's going to work things to be against my sister and somehow saddle her with it. Is there a way they divide the debt or something?Sadly, but thankfully, they don't have children together so they don't have to worry about that aspect. But he has children from a previous marriage who my sister has been helping to raise for over 10 years. It's really hard on her.

I feel for your sister, my ex stuck me with everything but his truck payment, then when he stopped paying for it and it got repoed, they came after me for that too. I didn't do the smart thing and get myself an attorney though, and did it all myself.

I know there is a free online site that helps with questions, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. I'll do some searching and see if I can find it. I believe it covers all states and is a group of volunteer lawyers from each state.

My daughter who left her husband because he used all the family money for fixing up racing cars had to finally go to Legal Aid. They advised her to file for bankruptcy so that they couldn't come after her for his debts. Since then, she has really been able to rebound and is a paralegal now.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I have prayed for your sister and her situation.

Prayers for her and you too.

And your folks!!

Prayers for all of you. I do hope your sister can get some peace.

Prayers for your entire family during this time! Prayers especially for your sister, that she might find the strength and confidence she needs to carry her through it all. She is so lucky to have a family who stands behind and beside her in support...it will make a huge difference for her.

amanda
Where are you in PA? The is a great divoice lwyer in Bloomsburg, PA. Her name is Susan Hill. She will help your sister get a fair deal.

I can recommend a gal in the Harrisburg area if that is near you.

I work in the court system and please tell her not to go to the online websites for advice. Ask around with your family and friends who a good attorney is in your area. There is always a lot of information given on those websites that are not correct.

So sorry to hear about your sister. She's blessed to have you and the rest of your family for support. I'm also sorry that she is losing her stepchildren. I have been there and it's hard.

Given her situation with the debt, I agree that she should bite the bullet and get an attorney. My brother voluntarily took on most of his ex's debt just to get out of the marriage and will be paying it off for the next 5-10 years. That seriously impacts his lifestyle and ability to save for his son's college education. It also means he has to live in a relatively unsafe neighborhood, and his son is only 8 years old.

Best of luck to her -

jjc3thiv said:
amanda
Where are you in PA? The is a great divoice lwyer in Bloomsburg, PA. Her name is Susan Hill. She will help your sister get a fair deal.

I'm in Lancaster county, so this location is far but doable. Thanks. I'll pass it along to my sister.

legacypc46 said:
I can recommend a gal in the Harrisburg area if that is near you.

Oh yes, please. :) That is closer to us. If you want to email me I'm at [email protected]

Thank you everyone. I haven't spoken to my sister yet today to see how day #2 is going. I just wish I could be more help to her.

babywings76 said:
Oh yes, please. :) That is closer to us. If you want to email me I'm at [email protected]

I just PM'd you her name, number, and some additional info. I wish your sister the best...it's a tough road, but it does eventually get better.

Thanks so much!

1. What products do you recommend for someone going through a divorce?

During this difficult time, we recommend our Quick Cooker and Rockcrok collection. These products make meal prep and cooking easier, allowing you to focus on self-care during this transition. We also have a variety of baking dishes and utensils that can help you create comforting meals and treats.

2. How can I support my sister during this time?

One of the best ways to support a loved one going through a divorce is by being there for them and showing them love and understanding. You can also gift them with some of our relaxation and self-care products, such as our bath and body collection or our aromatherapy diffuser and oils. These small gestures can go a long way in showing your sister that you care.

3. Do you have any recipes that are easy and quick to make for someone who is going through a difficult time?

Absolutely! We have a variety of quick and easy recipe options on our website, as well as in our cookbooks. Our One Pot Wonders collection is perfect for busy individuals or those going through a tough time. You can also check out our "5 Ingredients or Less" recipes for even simpler options.

4. Can I host a Pampered Chef party to help my sister get new kitchen items?

Yes, you can! We offer virtual parties where you and your sister's friends and family can shop for her and earn free products for her. This is a great way to show your support and help her get some new and useful kitchen items. Contact us for more information on hosting a party.

5. Are there any resources or support groups that you recommend for someone going through a divorce?

We understand that divorce can be a challenging and emotional experience. We recommend seeking support from a therapist or counselor, as well as joining a support group for individuals going through a divorce. You can also check out our blog and social media pages for tips on self-care and coping during this time. Remember, you are not alone and there is always support available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethfox
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Jennie4PC