• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

She's Gone and so Are My Hangers...

In summary, Krissy's sister was asked to leave the house because of abusive comments and actions. Krissy spent the last hour of her niece's time here drawing with chalk on the driveway.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Thanks for all the support you guys have given me in regards to my sister and niece living with us since early February of this year.

Sadly because of some abusive comments and actions my sister was asked to leave our house immediately this afternoon.

I spent the last hour of their time here drawing with chalk on the driveway with my niece. The house is so quiet, and little reminders of her are here- I miss her so much.

So as I sit here crying over my niece being gone, and her mother being a class-A twit, and not knowing when I will see her again I'm left with a hole in my heart that I hope Jesus will one day heal again.

Not being blessed with children of my own so far, my heart was so attached to my niece. I would have done anything for her, but it was evident that her own mom wouldn't do anything for their future, and we felt we were enabling my sister's poor judgement and behavior and attitude and last night she was told to leave as soon as she could pack her things.

Today she made more poor choices which resulted in her being asked to leave right away.

My parents will take her in until her low-rent apartment is ready on the 13th, and they will front all her expenses for 3 months. Since that money is coming out of the anonymous gift to pay for my sister's lawyer and when the money is gone, it's gone. I hope for that reason alone that she will get a job fast so that less of that money can go to her and more can go for the lawyer.

I think one of the reasons that I love my niece so much is because we are so much alike. We are bubbly- even though we really have no reason to be, we are nice, kind, good natured, happy, giggly, joyful and sweet. As I look at the picture of her at my desk I'm reminded of just what a jerk her mother has been to her in the past 4 months and I ask you to pray for my sister.

Instead of this brining the best out of her, and the "fight" out in her- it brought out the worst and revealed a very weak, selfish, prideful and arrogant character.

My heart is broken- I won't get a kiss from my favorite little person tonight before bed- and no more "Good Morning, Aunt Krissy!!!" How did you sleep?

I'm so ticked at my sister right now for this huge hole in my heart. DH and I were all but willing to lose our flipping home to help them and protect my niece and all I got was a broken heart and all the hangers in my downstairs closet stolen...

Thanks for your support guys, even my DH posted a reply in one of my threads thanking all of you...

I seriosly don't think I could have gotten through this without the help I've gotten from you to keep me positive.

I should go and paint my nails. I have an interview tomorrow and was told by the staffing agency that with my resume and skills, I should be able to make some pretty good money once they hire me on. That was nice to hear!
I'll let you all know how the interview goes after I get back tomorrow. It's at noon-thirty if you wanna say a prayer. :) I also have to meet with the sales managers and sales staff I'll be supporting.

My niece kept walking around today telling me and John that she would never, ever see us again. So my DH asked my sister why she was saying that, and my sister wouldn't answer. So he asked her again- she mumbled that my niece always said that when they left somewhere.

I told that to my mother, and she said she'd make sure that "Maggie" knows that she WILL see her Uncle John and Aunt Krissy again.

I would like to take my niece out for one last fun day before they move an hour away because I don't know when my sister will grow up enough to let us back in her life (so we can see my niece and also because we are family and she needs to get a clue) so if you would be willing to pray that I'd be able to do that- it would mean a lot to me. I didn't realize I'd be crying so hard once the squirt left the house. She was a preemie and is a tiny little thing, so DH and I called her squirt. She used to get sooo mad when we called her that! She'd scrunch her face, and put her hands on her hips and say "I'm not a skwert'ah" (almost everything she says ends with an uh or ah sound). DH is Uncle John-uh for example.

Okay off to paint my nails so my potential employer doesn't notice how fluffy I am when they interview me.

Last edited:
Father God, you not only hear the prayers we speak, but You hear the groanings of our heart and tonight Kacey's heart groans with sadness and love for her dear niece and her whole family. Please grant blessed sleep and a refreshed and renewed spirit that can only come from You! Cover her tomorrow in her interview, help her shine as brightly as her newly painted nails and show forth the person You have grown her to be. YOU are our sustainer and guide and You have carried Kacey and her husband through such trial. Praise you Jesus for being right there with them. Pour our Your blessings upon all involved and protect each one. We love you, Amen

Thanks, Diane... great- more tears and my nails are too wet to wipe them...

by the way I love ya! :)

blow those nails girl! I'm pouring some sweet tea!

Wow, I'm so sorry. Sending prayers your way..

Aww Kacey - cry away and keep praying for that cute little niece and we'll keep praying for her and you.I pray that someday soon rather than later your sis will see the immaturity of her actions and let you enjoy her again!

quiverfull7 said:
blow those nails girl! I'm pouring some sweet tea!
Can I have some vodka, too? Shoot- I forgot I don't drink... but the sweet tea sounds good! :)

janetupnorth said:
Aww Kacey - cry away and keep praying for that cute little niece and we'll keep praying for her and you.

I pray that someday soon rather than later your sis will see the immaturity of her actions and let you enjoy her again!

Thanks, me too!

Kacey, I am so sorry you are going through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

100_2175-1.jpg

Here is my favorite picture that I took of my niece when she was about 20 months old. She now has very long hair, but you can just fall in love with those big brown eyes! :)

Awww...I see how she has you wrapped around her little finger!

Kacey, I am glad you are almost done with all this - everyday will get better and easier for you. BTW, good luck to you tomorrow! :)

Reading your post about 'Maggie' made me cry - why do the most ungrateful and immature people get blessed with the sweetest kids???

stefani2 said:
Kacey, I am glad you are almost done with all this - everyday will get better and easier for you. BTW, good luck to you tomorrow! :)

Reading your post about 'Maggie' made me cry - why do the most ungrateful and immature people get blessed with the sweetest kids???
I wish I knew the answer to that!

Thanks for the luck I believe the interview will go well! :)

I think I now know how DH felt every time he had to say good-bye to his kids after we'd have them for a few weeks each summer. I'm sure I'm only feeling 1/4 of the pain he felt since "Maggie" was only my niece but HOLY COW- it hurts!

What made it harder was that she was starting to call me Mommy...

Hi Kacey:

My heart goes out to you - I know what it's like to lose contact with a child you've cared for deeply. You, your niece, and your sister will be in my prayers.

"Children fill a hole in our hearts we never knew was empty"...I love that saying. And they don't have to be YOUR children to fill a hole...any child can do it. You and your niece were obviously close, and I think she'll remember the kindness you showed her, so don't worry about that...you'll see her again and she'll still have you on a pedestal in her heart. It's completely understandable for you to be upset. What has happened really stinks, and it's got to be painful. Hang in there and keep praying, as we all will...something will work out. Good luck with your job interview tomorrow!!! Let us know how you make out...

Kids spell love 'T-I-M-E' - WTS, I feel sorry for that little pumpkin because it sounds like her mom didn't invest very much time with her :( - just know that that little girl will not EVER EVER forget you and the time you spent with her. You are an AMAZING person, Kacey. I hate seeing you go through all this.....

I think after your sister calms down things will get better, just give her sometime to think about her actions. {{{hugs}}}

Thanks Katie! :) I will for sure let everyone know how the interview goes!

And your saying is sooo very true- and the hole they leave in your heart when they go away is even bigger...I do believe in my heart that this will work out and I will be able to see her again. It was funny, when they were leaving she ran after my husband and jumped up and hugged him. He whispered in her ear- if you need us, just call. She doesn't know our number, but it was enough to make her hold his face in her hands and smooch him!

stefani2 said:
Kids spell love 'T-I-M-E' - WTS, I feel sorry for that little pumpkin because it sounds like her mom didn't invest very much time with her :( - just know that that little girl will not EVER EVER forget you and the time you spent with her. You are an AMAZING person, Kacey. I hate seeing you go through all this.....

:) hugs to you for your hugs to me! :)

I think I'm going to go to bed before all this crying gives me a headache- I gotta be my normal perky- happy- joyful self tomorrow.

Thanks guys for the cyber hugs. I appreciate it so much. Thanks for letting me bare my soul and my emotions on my sleeve (screen) and for just being there no matter what for me. I am so deeply touched by your caring, concern and support!

Love ya all, and I'll check in tomorrow afternoon after the interview. :)

Oh Kacey, I'm crying along with you. I'm so sorry for you! That picture is precious!

I'm already in tears today because of my dog and my Daughter graduating from HS and being out of the country! I've been working on a video all day for her. Pictures I scanned from birth to today. It's turning out really nice - just hope I can figure out how to import the music. I'm using Windows Movie Maker. Anyway, it's been an emotianal day.

My prayers and thoughts are with you. I hope she will see where she is wrong in the future. I've had my own dealings w/a sister who was a single mother of a son. There were some really sad stories, which she now regrets - but he turned out to be a wonderful young man just as I'm sure your niece will turn out to be a wonderful young women.

Take Care - I need to go get some Kleenex.

I've already gone through half a box! Strangely enough my nails have held up! :)

I've been reading (and sending prayers and good thoughts) about all of this.

If I may make a suggestion--if your sister tries to block contact with your niece. When your niece is in school, you could send "thinking of you' or other greeting cards to her via the school--or via grandparents. She'll know she's always welcome in your home.

God bless you and your DH for doing the right thing.

Thanks, Mary! :) I believe it won't come to that.

I'm so sorry Kacey ~ you will see her again...I just know it! Prayers coming your way...

Thanks, Ginny! :) I can't sleep so I'm still up! :(

Kacey - just now reading this thread - hugs and continued prayers. It breaks my heart for you and for your niece that it had to come to this. I'll be praying that the Holy Spirit will open the eyes of your sister...she seems so lost and blind right now.

Kacey, you and John did the right thing. It's hard now, but your niece knows she's loved, and maybe she'll pester your sister enough that they'll come for a visit, or at least call. Could your mom bring Maggie over for a visit a couple of times, too? I hope and pray that your sister comes to her senses quickly and realizes the sacrifices you made for her and Maggie.

Why is it that the right decision is always the hardest?

Your neice is beautiful! She is old enough to remember you and you have instilled in her some great memories that she will not forget.

Your sister is a twit and one day she will realize the hurt and pain she has cause you. Hopefully she will be mature enough to apologize and mend the relationship. Stay in touch with her, even if she rebuffs you. She needs your support too.

Take care, it will get better with time.

Aww...Kacey---sending you bunches of hugs and love. I hope your sister gets back on track for your DN's sake!

Prayers for all involved...........

Love, Vanessa

Hugs and tears going your way! Your sister will come back and thank you for your strength and love in time.

Praying for you today for healing and for a great interview and job offer!!

You know Kacey - I keep reading the title to this thread, and every time I do - I just think to myself that it sounds like the title of a Country Song.....:D

Praying for your interview today!

Oh sweetie. I am so sorry. It is really hard to do the right thing, but you know why you had to do it. I have been praying for you. We are here for you. For your tears, vents and of course those classic Kasey stories!!!
Hang in there.

awww Kacey, she is so sweet!!!! My heart is sad for you, but you did the right thing, you had to ask her to leave. I know your sadness is more for your niece, but she knows how much you love her and that will never go away. You and your husband are good people and deserve nothing but the best. I was crying after readin all this because you shouldn't have to go through all this. Good luck with your interview, I can feel some good news coming your way :) BIG HUGS!!!!!!! :) xoxoxoxo

Kacey - Micah's favorite song right now.....This is for you!YouTube - You Never Let Go - song by Matt RedmanBe sure and watch the video on YouTube...but here are the lyrics too:Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are nearAnd I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?(Chorus:)
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of meAnd I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth(Chorus)Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You(Chorus 2x's)

Last edited:
Kacey, hon, I am so sorry! I can't believe that your sis moving out had to end like that. I certainly pray that she comes to her senses quickly (for her daughters sake, and so she can repair family relations now...)

I pray that you got a good night's sleep, that your nails and hair look fab, and that your interview goes smoothly!

Let us know how it goes today!

{{{HUGS}}}
Love,
Kelly

First of all ((HUGS!!!)) Kacey-

I was sitting here at work reading your post and crying. I will definately have you and your family in my prayers. You have been through so much.

I can tell you from experience the pain of losing contact with a child doesn't ever leave you, but it does get easier. My brother's ex hasn't allowed my family to see my two nephews in 5 years. I do think about them all the time though and pray that when they get older, they will realize what they mean to us.

I wish you luck with your interview today. Please let us know how it goes.

Hugs and prayers.

Thanks guys! :) Off to do my hair, and I'll post later this afternoon. :)

Becky- thanks for the Utube video and the song...great way to start my day!:)
Blessings everyone!

OOOHHH Kacey - I am excited about how F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S you are gonna do at your INTERVIEW!! YIPPEEEEEEEE

I am gonna log-on again after lunch to see how you did!!!!! :love:

((((MORE HUGS))))

Kacey I will continue to pray for you. I am so sorry you are hurting right now. It wont be that way forever. Our God is also the God of restoration and He WILL restore the relationship between you and your sister. It may just take some time.

Christ Follower said:
((((MORE HUGS))))

Kacey I will continue to pray for you. I am so sorry you are hurting right now. It wont be that way forever. Our God is also the God of restoration and He WILL restore the relationship between you and your sister. It may just take some time.
I trust God will heal this in time as well! :)

BTW- my interview is at 12:30 cst- and I'm a talker. I know...it was just as surprising for me to learn that as well. So as soon as I get home, I'll let you guys know how it went (after I call the staffing agency first- sorry rules are rules) I'm hoping to be back on here around 3:30 or so.

:)

Kitchen Diva said:
BTW- my interview is at 12:30 cst- and I'm a talker. I know...it was just as surprising for me to learn that as well. So as soon as I get home, I'll let you guys know how it went (after I call the staffing agency first- sorry rules are rules) I'm hoping to be back on here around 3:30 or so.

:)

Good luck Kacey - "see" you then! ...or whenever I have a break or finish work for the day.

okie dokie!

Kacey - I'm just catching up on this thread. I'm so sorry that things went south the way that they did. You have been on my heart & in my prayers. I hope & pray that your sister will come around & let you see & talk with your niece.

My words aren't as eloquent as some around here, but they mean the same! :D Hugs to you, your DH & that precious little girl.

Kitchen Diva said:
Can I have some vodka, too? Shoot- I forgot I don't drink... but the sweet tea sounds good! :)

You should have some Tennesse Tea! (Though I prefer it with Jack Daniels & sweet tea) :D
1 part Jack Daniels
1 part Triple sec
1 part Sweet and sour
2 parts Cola

I hate that you are hurting. :( But honestly, the amount of stress that left with your hangers is worth it. However, I pray your sis grows up & let's you continue to be part of your niece's life...she needs your unconditional love & support to heal after the things she had to deal with at such a tender age.

katie0128 said:
... artichokie!
Now that is funny! I shall use that...now go busy yourself and find a way to surprise KG with finding a way to make a discussion about dill go south...:blushing:

Kitchen Diva said:
Now that is funny! I shall use that...now go busy yourself and find a way to surprise KG with finding a way to make a discussion about dill go south...:blushing:

dill mix + cream cheese = spread for anything you'd like

katie0128 said:
dill mix + cream cheese = spread for anything you'd like

now that's just cheesy!

<h2>1. What happened with your sister and niece living with you?</h2><p>My sister and niece have been living with us since early February of this year. However, due to some abusive comments and actions, my sister was asked to leave our house immediately this afternoon.</p><h2>2. How did you spend the last hour with your niece?</h2><p>I spent the last hour of their time here drawing with chalk on the driveway with my niece. It was a bittersweet moment as she was leaving and I will miss her dearly.</p><h2>3. What are your plans for your niece while she is living with your parents?</h2><p>My parents have kindly offered to take her in until her low-rent apartment is ready on the 13th. They will also be covering all her expenses for the next 3 months.</p><h2>4. How did your sister's behavior contribute to her leaving?</h2><p>My sister's behavior and attitude were causing strain on our relationship and enabling her poor choices. Last night, she was told to leave as soon as she could pack her things. Unfortunately, today she made more poor choices which resulted in her being asked to leave right away.</p><h2>5. How are you coping with the situation?</h2><p>It has been a difficult and emotional time for me, as I am very attached to my niece. I am trying to stay positive and rely on the support of my loved ones and the prayers of others. I also have an interview tomorrow which has given me some hope for the future.</p>

1. What happened with your sister and niece living with you?

My sister and niece have been living with us since early February of this year. However, due to some abusive comments and actions, my sister was asked to leave our house immediately this afternoon.

2. How did you spend the last hour with your niece?

I spent the last hour of their time here drawing with chalk on the driveway with my niece. It was a bittersweet moment as she was leaving and I will miss her dearly.

3. What are your plans for your niece while she is living with your parents?

My parents have kindly offered to take her in until her low-rent apartment is ready on the 13th. They will also be covering all her expenses for the next 3 months.

4. How did your sister's behavior contribute to her leaving?

My sister's behavior and attitude were causing strain on our relationship and enabling her poor choices. Last night, she was told to leave as soon as she could pack her things. Unfortunately, today she made more poor choices which resulted in her being asked to leave right away.

5. How are you coping with the situation?

It has been a difficult and emotional time for me, as I am very attached to my niece. I am trying to stay positive and rely on the support of my loved ones and the prayers of others. I also have an interview tomorrow which has given me some hope for the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
gingertannery
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates