• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Unexpected Encounter: Meeting Chef Chris on Our Journey to the Conference

In summary, Ginger and her consultant friends spot Chef Chris in the airport and are thrilled to meet him. They chat with him and he seems to be friendly. However, when they try to get a picture with him, he walks past them without saying anything. They later find out that he was too thin and had heard their comments.
amy07
First, notice the new avatar?!?!?!?

Here it goes........

Our flight was delayed an hour. Which was good since we were running late. Got some gifts for roomies and proceeded to security. You know, where you have to just about strip to nothing? So, I hear this voice that sounds incredibly familiar. And he looks like someone I know, from PC, but nah it couldn't be. So I turn to my Consultant who went to NC with me, and say, "Doesn't he look like Chef Chris?" And yes, I'm talking about OUR Chef Chris. She's like "No!" Besides, keep in mind we flew from DC, what would OUR Chef Chris be doing in DC, right?

So we proceed thru the terminal and grab a snack at sit at a table. Then I notice another consultant from my Director's cluster (the Consultant is hospitality). So I go and grab her and one of her downline to join us. So, we are all sitting and chatting.

THEN, I notice this SAME man sitting at the table right next to us. And I ask the other Consultants the same thing. Doesn't he look like Chef Chris? Noooooo. And get this, the one says, "He's too thin". But I'm like, "I'm telling you, I think it's him! I heard his voice and he sounds just like him".

So, we board the plane and get to O'hare. As we are walking to the baggage claim. THE man walks past us, and says "Have a nice conference Ladies". We all just stop and stare. OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

So,needless to say we get our picture with him.

But then, we start replaying our conversation in the other airport. Did someone really say that he was too thin?!?!? Did he hear that?!?!? Oh, so embarrassing!!!

oh, and sorry for the delay Becky!! Took me awhile to get the picture right. New camera, and I had operator error issues!:eek:

AMY!

That is such a great picture - and now, everyone here will be sooooo jealous of you!

I still keep laughing to myself when I think of it!

And for the rest of you - it's even better when Amy can tell it with all of the accompanied hand motions and facial expressions. She is even sweeter, cuter, and funnier in real life than she is here on CS!

PICTURES of the hottie please....

I am so jealous of ya'all! (and yeah...I hope he didn't hear the too thin comment!!)

What I meant to say is...I can't see you both clearly in your avi! Can you crop it and make it closer, or post the full page pic?

amy07 said:
oh, and sorry for the delay Becky!! Took me awhile to get the picture right. New camera, and I had operator error issues!:eek:

YEAH RIGHT!!! Error issue....:rolleyes: just didn't want to share huh?????:cool:

Ginger428 said:
YEAH RIGHT!!! Error issue....:rolleyes: just didn't want to share huh?????:cool:

Ginger - I can just hear you saying "YEAH RIGHT!" :D

ChefBeckyD said:
AMY!

That is such a great picture - and now, everyone here will be sooooo jealous of you!

And for the rest of you - it's even better when Amy can tell it with all of the accompanied hand motions and facial expressions. She is even sweeter, cuter, and funnier in real life than she is here on CS!

Awww shucks, Becky!! I'm blushing and grinning ear to ear!!

And yes, I bet it is funnier in real life when you can hear how giddy I was about it. I'm sure Chef Chris is laughing too about this maniac woman bull rushing him the airport for a photo yelling, "I told you it was him!! I told you it was him". Oh, so embarrassing. :eek::yuck:

But oh so worth it!!!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Ginger - I can just hear you saying "YEAH RIGHT!" :D

Actually I hear her asking me "Where'sya TRUNK?"

And for all you cheffers out there, if you haven't figured it out, those of us in Wave 1 had a blast meeting each other and hanging out!

KellyTheChef said:
What I meant to say is...I can't see you both clearly in your avi! Can you crop it and make it closer, or post the full page pic?

Yeah, I actually took a picture of him on stage so that my DH wouldn't think we grabbed some random cutie in the airport!!

As for getting the whole photo, I'm not sure how to post. If someone wants walk me thru it, or I'll email you the photo and you can post. I am soooo not tech savvy at ALL:eek::eek:

OMG OMG OMG
I am SO jealous!!!!!!!
What's he smell like? Does he smell like yummy man cologne????

amy07 said:
Yeah, I actually took a picture of him on stage so that my DH wouldn't think we grabbed some random cutie in the airport!!

As for getting the whole photo, I'm not sure how to post. If someone wants walk me thru it, or I'll email you the photo and you can post. I am soooo not tech savvy at ALL:eek::eek:

Well, rather than email me the picture...why don't you just send me Chef Chris??? ;)

dannyzmom said:
OMG OMG OMG
I am SO jealous!!!!!!!

can't remember!! But I can tell you what he felt like!!;)

amy07 said:

Here is how to post a photo in a thread: http://chefsuccess.com/f18/photo-thread-14528/

dannyzmom said:
OMG OMG OMG
I am SO jealous!!!!!!!

dannyzmom said:
Well, rather than email me the picture...why don't you just send me Chef Chris??? ;)

Carolyn...you are KILLING me this morning!!

BTW, I wanna smell him too!

dannyzmom said:
OMG OMG OMG
I am SO jealous!!!!!!!

amy07 said:

Ya'll are cracking me up! I'm so jealous! .....and just where are all those cheffers who made fun of me a few weeks ago when I was using Chef Chris to get Diane motivated for conference? Huh? Huh?

I still think he's a hottie!

amy07 said:

Oh yum....do tell!!!:love:

Yes, yes, we're all ears!And what did your little one say when you told her Mommy met "the Pampered chef?"

ok, I'm trying to upload the photo but keep in mind I only have dial-up, sooooo maybe by leadership?

I'm sure he smelled like any decent chef like GARLIC :)

ChefBeckyD said:
AMY!

I agree completely about the real life telling; Amy is hilarious! And I was behind her at the general session when she took the stage picture to show her husband "proof;" that was so funny! It was awesome meeting everyone in person - it made my first conference even better!

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
I agree completely about the real life telling; Amy is hilarious! And I was behind her at the general session when she took the stage picture to show her husband "proof;" that was so funny! It was awesome meeting everyone in person - it made my first conference even better!

And it was so much fun getting to know you Kathy! It's fun knowing that my extended cluster are also my friends even though we are in different time zones!

I heard "I love Rock n Roll" yesterday on a loudspeaker at a car show....and started laughing. I tried to explain it to my DH, but ended up saying "never mind, you had to be there!":D

ok, I cropped the photo to take out the other two Consultants who are not cheffers. not sure how they would feel about having their photo on the 'net, so i will be safe.

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l370/aloveless_2008/airport-1.jpg

Kathy's_Kitchen said:

awww, you're so sweet too Kathy with a "K"!:p

ChefBeckyD said:
And it was so much fun getting to know you Kathy! It's fun knowing that my extended cluster are also my friends even though we are in different time zones!

I heard "I love Rock n Roll" yesterday on a loudspeaker at a car show....and started laughing. I tried to explain it to my DH, but ended up saying "never mind, you had to be there!":D

Becky, that made me literally laugh out loud! I will never be able to think of that song the same again!

And, I feel the same way about my extended "family!"

amy07 said:
awww, you're so sweet too Kathy with a "K"!:p

:p I just didn't want people to get us confused! Plus, I hate it when people spell my name wrong!

I feel the same way about being called Diana ... I was not named after a pagan goddess, and I'm too old to be named after the princess.

You didn't look too old to be named after the princess!

I hope this isn't a stupid question... but, who is Chef Chris? :eek:

The princess got married when I was like 12.Chef Chris is the guy cooking in your consultant videos. When he comes out on stage they play some music to indicate what a cutie he is and do a bit of flirting with him. (Later videos have used that female chef instead.)

Ahh... thanks! Guess I really should be watching all those videos they send us!:blushing:

akggirl said:
I hope this isn't a stupid question... but, who is Chef Chris? :eek:

Ok, I'm glad somebody else asked it before me. I'm also aware that it just announced to everyone that I am not watching the videos that HO sends me.:blushing:

You know they say the tv puts 10lbs on you...so I would say the same w/video. I thought the same thing when he came on stage though. Who is in the purple t-shirt?

kaseydee said:
You know they say the tv puts 10lbs on you...so I would say the same w/video. I thought the same thing when he came on stage though. Who is in the purple t-shirt?

That's Daneen - she's a new Cheffer, and in Amy07's downline!

Great! Welcome Daneen!

amy07 said:
ok, I cropped the photo to take out the other two Consultants who are not cheffers. not sure how they would feel about having their photo on the 'net, so i will be safe.

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l370/aloveless_2008/airport-1.jpg

Great picture!

Now I can see it better! Our little avatar's are too small if it's not just a close up of one face...hard to see!!

Chef Becky D's right. Amy is a sweetie. I'm a little concerned, though, that she can tell us how Chef Chris feels. I mean, sniffing him is one thing. Feeling him up is quite another. LOL!

I'm home. I can finally see the picture!

Does this site have a swooning smace????

I'm a little concerned, though, that she can tell us how Chef Chris feels. I mean, sniffing him is one thing. Feeling him up is quite another.

SNARF!

raebates said:
Chef Becky D's right. Amy is a sweetie. I'm a little concerned, though, that she can tell us how Chef Chris feels. I mean, sniffing him is one thing. Feeling him up is quite another. LOL!

well, a chef's gotta check the buns, right?!?!?;) plus, I had to find out if its boxers, briefs, or THONG:eek:

just kidding!! seriously.:D

So was he at conference this year??

AMY!!!!! I am laughing my butt off right now, and after meeting me, I'm sure you agree I need to!!!Hmmmmm ... he MAY have been at conference, or he MAY have just been jetting back to Chicago. He kind of works there, ya know ...

Uh Amy, I had to fix this for you...

janetupnorth-albums-national-conference-2008-picture452-chef-chris-photo.jpg

Nice addition, Janet.

Now either put CS boxers or a thong on him as well. I'm sure HO will be so proud!

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
Janet wins the contest!
I doubt it - luck is one thing I rarely have!Maybe that is why Mom and Dad taught me to work so hard.

You don't need luck when you have your obvious skill and talent!

Janet!! That is toooo much! Love it!

OMG! I am just getting around to reading this. (I pressed new posts a few times too many before getting through them all after returning from Wave 2, so now I am going thru the forums individually). I am so glad I am not drinking anything right now, because I am sure it would be all over the computer right now! Amy, I am so envious!

It is nice to "see" you, and hope to meet you at Leadership! I will promote by then. I will promote, I will promote, I will promote...

<H2>1. "Is it really true that you ran into Chef Chris at the airport?"</H2><p>Yes, it's true! Our flight was delayed, and while waiting at the gate, we noticed a man who looked and sounded just like Chef Chris. We were skeptical at first, but when we saw him again at the baggage claim, we couldn't believe it!</p><H2>2. "What was Chef Chris doing in DC?"</H2><p>We were just as surprised as you are! We have no idea why he was in DC, but we were thrilled to have an unexpected encounter with him.</p><H2>3. "Did anyone recognize Chef Chris at first?"</H2><p>At first, no one recognized him. We were all a bit hesitant to approach him, but once we heard his voice, we were pretty sure it was him. It wasn't until he walked past us at the baggage claim and greeted us that we knew for sure it was him.</p><H2>4. "Did Chef Chris hear the comment about him being too thin?"</H2><p>We hope not! One of our Consultants did make that comment when we were discussing if it was really him, and we were all a bit embarrassed when he walked past us and we realized it was him. But he was kind enough to take a photo with us, so we don't think he heard it.</p><H2>5. "How did everyone react to seeing Chef Chris at the airport?"</H2><p>We were all so excited! It was like seeing a celebrity. We couldn't believe our luck and were thrilled to have the opportunity to meet Chef Chris in person. It was definitely an unexpected and memorable encounter for all of us.</p>

1. "Is it really true that you ran into Chef Chris at the airport?"

Yes, it's true! Our flight was delayed, and while waiting at the gate, we noticed a man who looked and sounded just like Chef Chris. We were skeptical at first, but when we saw him again at the baggage claim, we couldn't believe it!

2. "What was Chef Chris doing in DC?"

We were just as surprised as you are! We have no idea why he was in DC, but we were thrilled to have an unexpected encounter with him.

3. "Did anyone recognize Chef Chris at first?"

At first, no one recognized him. We were all a bit hesitant to approach him, but once we heard his voice, we were pretty sure it was him. It wasn't until he walked past us at the baggage claim and greeted us that we knew for sure it was him.

4. "Did Chef Chris hear the comment about him being too thin?"

We hope not! One of our Consultants did make that comment when we were discussing if it was really him, and we were all a bit embarrassed when he walked past us and we realized it was him. But he was kind enough to take a photo with us, so we don't think he heard it.

5. "How did everyone react to seeing Chef Chris at the airport?"

We were all so excited! It was like seeing a celebrity. We couldn't believe our luck and were thrilled to have the opportunity to meet Chef Chris in person. It was definitely an unexpected and memorable encounter for all of us.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • Tara1021
  • General Chat