• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grieving the Loss of Our Little Puppy: A Heartbreaking Story

Thanks everyone! My aunt called me over so I could try and bond with the other two pups. And sure enough both took to me and napped on me the whole time! :) DH said we can take the two left, one girl and one boy so my girls don't fight over one! :D So double yeay for my girls-family! They are soo cute!!!! I will try and post pics the next time I go visit them! ;)
heat123
Silver Member
And we didn't even get to bring him home yet! :(:::::::::::::::::O (tear drops)
He was only 8 weeks old :cry:.

My aunt called and said she took him to the vet, as she came home from work yesterday evening and noticed all 3 puppies were laying around listless, no energy, etc!:eek: So she ran them to the hospital but could only afford to admit one and so they took the weakest-sickest one. (Our Chewee), I picked him out of the 3 because he was the biggest and blondest one. He stayed over night, while they had IV fluids put into him. He seemed a little better this morning but by 2pm when my aunt called to check in on him he had died. :(

They said by the looks of it, the mom had totally cut them off (breastfeeding) abruptly and they had no food all day (by the time my aunt came home) at night, it was very cold in the house and he (Chewee) was hypoglycemic, dehydrated, had low blood pressure and maybe had a congenial sickness because the other pups were fine after getting solid food and water and warmth. I am soo sad and bummed. We visited him last weekend and we were preparing to get him soon!:(

We may end up taking the other two now... but my heart was set on Chewee. He seemed to be the sweetest and mellowist one. So Sad!

I'm sorry. I know how much I love my dogs and it is heart breaking when one dies.

Oh, I'm so sorry. This is so sad:(! I can't believe it could happen so fast!

I'm so sorry! This is so sad!

Sorry Hon!

Heather I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to you.

When our mama lab had two still born pup's it broke my heart. :(

OMG how terrible!!!

Hugs Heather, I'm sorry for your loss.

Heather...I'm SO sorry!

I'm sorry. It's amazing how quickly we can become attached.

What a shame - my heart goes out to you.

That is so sad...we'll be praying for you and your family, and the other puppies as well!

Heather I am so sorry to hear about that. When I was in Jr high our neighbors had some puppies and I fell in love with a dog we named stripes. My dad was going to surprise us with her then one of the neighbor kids accidentaly ran over her with the wagon. I as so sad. So my dad got us another one.

Oh Heather! I'm so sorry you lost Chewee. I feel so sad for you and your family.

Thanks everyone! My aunt called me over so I could try and bond with the other two pups. And sure enough both took to me and napped on me the whole time! :) DH said we can take the two left, one girl and one boy so my girls don't fight over one! :D So double yeay for my girls-family! They are soo cute!!!! I will try and post pics the next time I go visit them! ;)

A double blessing!

How sad, I am so sorry.

heat123 said:

Yay Heather! I'm so happy for your girls and you and your hubby - enjoy them:) Can't wait to see pics:)

Heather I can't wait to see pics!!

1. How can I cope with the loss of my puppy?

Losing a pet can be a difficult and emotional experience. It's important to allow yourself to grieve and remember your puppy in your own way. Surround yourself with loved ones who understand your loss and consider seeking support from a therapist or support group. It may also help to create a memorial or keepsake to honor your puppy's memory.

2. What should I do with my puppy's belongings?

Deciding what to do with your puppy's belongings is a personal choice. Some people find comfort in keeping their puppy's toys, bed, and other items as a way to remember them. Others choose to donate their belongings to a local animal shelter or rescue in honor of their puppy. Whatever you decide, remember that there is no right or wrong way to handle this.

3. Should I get another puppy to help me cope?

It's important to give yourself time to grieve and process your loss before making any decisions about getting another puppy. Adding a new pet to your life should not be a way to replace your lost one, but rather a way to open your heart to a new furry companion when you are ready. Consider talking to a trusted friend or family member, or a therapist, about your feelings and thoughts before making any decisions.

4. How can I explain the loss of our puppy to children?

Explaining the loss of a pet to children can be difficult, but it's important to be honest and open with them. Use simple and age-appropriate language to explain what happened and answer any questions they may have. Allow them to express their feelings and offer them support and comfort during this time. You can also consider involving them in a small memorial or tribute to their puppy.

5. Are there any resources or support groups for pet loss?

Yes, there are many resources and support groups available for those who have lost a pet. You can search online for local pet loss support groups or seek out a therapist who specializes in pet loss grief. Additionally, there are many online communities and forums where you can connect with others who have experienced a similar loss and find support and understanding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • Chefstover2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
Replies