• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Supporting a Grieving Coworker: Our Community Comes Together in Times of Loss

In summary, a coworker lost her husband suddenly and unexpectedly, adding to the stress of her already difficult medical issues. She has a supportive friend at work who has offered prayers and plans to attend the funeral. The group also prays for comfort and strength for the coworker during this difficult time.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I JUST found out that a coworker (lady in the warehouse and frequent catalog host of mine) lost her husband yesterday. He was found dead about 9-10 a.m. yesterday. :cry:

He has had past medical problems but Linda did NOT need this to happen right now. Her best friend here at work just had a husband go through surgery for a brain tumor.

I will say a prayer for her and her family.

Similar request I had in my post. Thank you for your prayers as well!

Janet, they will be in my prayers.

Oh Janet, God puts many in your path who need the comfort of Jesus that you give! I'm re-reading the prayer just offered for the family of the child with the brain tumor... I pray the same comfort and guidance for this dear family in their loss.

Thanks guys - I am checking for when the funeral is so I can hopefully attend to support her. We had just talked about her husband a few weeks back as we were talking about her medical issues and trying to get her in to a doctor, for a mammogram, etc. She puts her family first with the finances. I at least have her signed up for a mammogram on 5/12!!!! She had no excuse, the truck comes to work and her insurance covers it.Hopefully I will have words of comfort she needs or the simple presence of being there for her. This lady has been through a rough life and many husbands...not the first one to die unfortunately and when younger she had a few abusive ones. This one was #6 if I remember right and they had been married about 15 years.

Heavenly Father, it is so painful when we lose a loved one, especially our life partner- When we say "till death do us part" at the alter, we always presume it means we will have such a LONG life together.

The sudden and unexpected loss of a loved one seems to sting more than one that is anticipated or forseen.

I pray comfort and peace for Linda Lord, Your perfect peace that passes all understanding and that a calm would wash over Linda. I pray that you wrap Linda in your bubble of love and she would just feel your presence. Lord give her grace and strength over the next few months, and allow Janet to be a source of strength and comfort and wisdom for her. Annoint that friendship.

I pray that you will help Janet plant the seed of Salvation in Linda if that has not already transpired, and that you will bless Janet during this time, and that you would also bless Linda and that your favor would shine upon her.

I thank you for your love and your greatness, and your goodness! In Jesus' Name- Amen!

Kitchen Diva said:
Heavenly Father, it is so painful when we lose a loved one, especially our life partner- When we say "till death do us part" at the alter, we always presume it means we will have such a LONG life together.

The sudden and unexpected loss of a loved one seems to sting more than one that is anticipated or forseen.

I pray comfort and peace for Linda Lord, Your perfect peace that passes all understanding and that a calm would wash over Linda. I pray that you wrap Linda in your bubble of love and she would just feel your presence. Lord give her grace and strength over the next few months, and allow Janet to be a source of strength and comfort and wisdom for her. Annoint that friendship.

I pray that you will help Janet plant the seed of Salvation in Linda if that has not already transpired, and that you will bless Janet during this time, and that you would also bless Linda and that your favor would shine upon her.

I thank you for your love and your greatness, and your goodness! In Jesus' Name- Amen!
Amen...couldn't have said it any better!

Kitchen Diva said:

AMEN! I couldn't have prayed it better myself.

How terrible. She (and you) will be in my prayers.

Related to Supporting a Grieving Coworker: Our Community Comes Together in Times of Loss

1. How can I offer support to a grieving coworker without intruding on their privacy?

It is important to respect your coworker's privacy during this difficult time. You can offer support by simply letting them know that you are there if they need anything, but do not press for details or information about their loss. You can also offer to help with their workload or bring them a small gesture of comfort, such as a card or flowers.

2. What is the best way to express condolences to a grieving coworker?

Expressing condolences can be difficult, but it is important to let your coworker know that you are thinking of them during this time. A heartfelt message or card, a listening ear, or a small gesture of kindness can go a long way in showing your support. It is also important to use sensitive language and avoid cliches, such as "everything happens for a reason."

3. Should I attend the funeral or memorial service for my coworker's loved one?

Attending the funeral or memorial service is a personal decision. If you had a close relationship with your coworker or their loved one, it may be appropriate to attend. However, if you did not have a strong relationship or are unsure if your presence would be welcome, it is best to respect their privacy and offer your condolences in another way.

4. How can our team support our coworker during this difficult time?

Coming together as a team can be a great source of support for your grieving coworker. You can offer to help with their workload, provide a listening ear, or organize a group gesture of support, such as a donation or meal train. It is important to communicate openly and respectfully with your coworker about their needs and boundaries during this time.

5. What resources are available for employees who are grieving?

Many companies have resources available for employees who are grieving, such as counseling services or time off for bereavement. You can also offer to connect your coworker with local support groups or resources in the community. Pampered Chef also offers an Employee Assistance Program that provides confidential support and resources for employees in times of need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
1upland