• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request for Strength: Keeping Family Together Amidst Challenges

In summary, Janet's family is dealing with a lot of stress and changes--her husband is getting a divorce, her assistant chief is getting a new job, her kids are going to AWANA, and she's expecting a baby in a few weeks. She's also juggling work, taking care of her kids, and trying to keep up with her home-based business.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I don't have a "big" prayer request but have one. Please pray for strength for me for the next few weeks. We've had a lot of schedule changes and things happening around me. My family is good, but I don't want us to lose it in the upcoming weeks! We have a lot happening! Besides work and school for the kids here's what we have to tackle!

8th - Fire Department meeting - we just found out that one of Asst. Chiefs (...and training officer) is getting a divorce from our EMS Captain - she filed. Neither one has told us anything but we know. Problem is our department is low in manning and they've been shirking responsibilities for awhile so we've been covering but are getting burned out. I am secretary/Health and Safety Lieutenant so I've helped cover First Responder training, responded to calls with low manning, done all the minutes, reminders, scheduling, etc. Trying to write a grant, working on Public Education while still trying to work my PC business. DH is Lieutenant and is covering SCBA maintenance, hose testing/maintenance, covering for Firefighter trainings and other things. Luckily the kids have been by our side hanging out with what is safe for them.

9th - AWANA starts - it is "Family Night" so we plan on being there with our kids ALL night.

10th - Piano lessons - DD

11th - Gymnastics - DD for 7 weeks.

12th - BREATH!!!! ...and get everything ready for the 13th - PC and Fire Safety.

13th - PC at Kids Fair while trying to also watch over the Fire Safety House and Public Education (please let there be other firefighters to help so I can work my business!!!), then I drive an hour to do a PC show in another town.

14th - Hopefully ONLY church and rest/relaxation - oh wait, I'll have to catch up on housework I've neglected all week.

15th - Eye doctor appointments, hose testing at station...week starts over like the last one!

...and I just found out Saturday when dropping of an order to a coworker who lost her husband 8/24 that the person she brings to work (a former employee of mine), found her husband dead on the floor Thursday after work. He had advanced brain cancer and never told the kids (14 and 17) or her. It was a shock to her and to her best friend who is trying to help her through this but had a tragic loss only 4 months ago!

...and a REALLY odd thing that I take with a grain of salt and don't let it bother me...the Treasurer of our FD who also goes to our church, sends me every piece of junk mail imaginable, daughter watched my kids for 6-7 years just send me an e-mail to remove her from my PC mailing list! I sent out 1 thing per month. ??? ODD???? But she has been stressed lately too and in rare form so I'll let it pass without a thought. I'll see her tonight but I doubt she'll say a thing.

So, when it rains for others it pours! Pray that our family stays strong through all this around us, gets things done that need to be done so others have the freedom to address what they need. Keep our family rested and healthy and cohesive. DH and I have a strong relationship during these busy times but we guard our kids closely so we don't overload them.

Sending prayers & strength your way, Janet. :)

Prayers here too! That wears me out just reading all that Janet!

Boy, you are one busy lady, Janet! Prayers and good vibes going your way!!

Sending prayers your way as well as a few minutes of peace a day to meditate. Hopefully you can actually have a few minutes each day. With your schedule looking like it does I doubt you have any extra minutes. (((((PEACE))))))

Oh Janet I'm praying for you!

I can totally relate to your busy schedule w/three kids of my own all in activities, working their own jobs, one starting college and living at home, etc. I'm sorry to say it does not get better as they get older. Just take it one day at a time:)!

Janet...that is a TON for you guys to be handling! I pray that the Lord will give each of you the strength to take on one day at a time...and for no bickering to go on between all of you. (It seems like when DH and I are super busy, instead of relying on each other...we can TAKE IT OUT on each other and bicker about dumb things.)

Good thing you get to go to work to REST, huh?!!? lol

Sending prayers your way....

KellyTheChef said:
Janet...that is a TON for you guys to be handling! I pray that the Lord will give each of you the strength to take on one day at a time...and for no bickering to go on between all of you. (It seems like when DH and I are super busy, instead of relying on each other...we can TAKE IT OUT on each other and bicker about dumb things.)

Isn't that the truth?! Actually today is busy at work too but I have enough energy so far to tackle it quickly! :)

DH and I do well busy usually, especially in this case where it is partially busy due to others. We bind together and dig in and get things done together.

When we off doing our "own thing" is when it gets chaotic.

...I just popped in to check in so thanks guys for all the prayers!!!!

If you don't see me here much this week, you know why! But I'll pop in and out once in awhile.

If anyone has anything urgent, PM me and I'll see it pop up when I pop in. Otherwise I might pop in and leave. :)

Janet, you'll be in my prayers.

KellyTheChef said:

I agree.... One Day At A Time

That's how I survive .... and a wing and a prayer, one day at a time

Sending prayers your way.

janetupnorth said:
I don't have a "big" prayer request but have one. Please pray for strength for me for the next few weeks. We've had a lot of schedule changes and things happening around me. My family is good, but I don't want us to lose it in the upcoming weeks! We have a lot happening! Besides work and school for the kids here's what we have to tackle!

8th - Fire Department meeting - we just found out that one of Asst. Chiefs (...and training officer) is getting a divorce from our EMS Captain - she filed. Neither one has told us anything but we know. Problem is our department is low in manning and they've been shirking responsibilities for awhile so we've been covering but are getting burned out. I am secretary/Health and Safety Lieutenant so I've helped cover First Responder training, responded to calls with low manning, done all the minutes, reminders, scheduling, etc. Trying to write a grant, working on Public Education while still trying to work my PC business. DH is Lieutenant and is covering SCBA maintenance, hose testing/maintenance, covering for Firefighter trainings and other things. Luckily the kids have been by our side hanging out with what is safe for them.

9th - AWANA starts - it is "Family Night" so we plan on being there with our kids ALL night.

10th - Piano lessons - DD

11th - Gymnastics - DD for 7 weeks.

12th - BREATH!!!! ...and get everything ready for the 13th - PC and Fire Safety.

13th - PC at Kids Fair while trying to also watch over the Fire Safety House and Public Education (please let there be other firefighters to help so I can work my business!!!), then I drive an hour to do a PC show in another town.

14th - Hopefully ONLY church and rest/relaxation - oh wait, I'll have to catch up on housework I've neglected all week.

15th - Eye doctor appointments, hose testing at station...week starts over like the last one!

...and I just found out Saturday when dropping of an order to a coworker who lost her husband 8/24 that the person she brings to work (a former employee of mine), found her husband dead on the floor Thursday after work. He had advanced brain cancer and never told the kids (14 and 17) or her. It was a shock to her and to her best friend who is trying to help her through this but had a tragic loss only 4 months ago!

...and a REALLY odd thing that I take with a grain of salt and don't let it bother me...the Treasurer of our FD who also goes to our church, sends me every piece of junk mail imaginable, daughter watched my kids for 6-7 years just send me an e-mail to remove her from my PC mailing list! I sent out 1 thing per month. ??? ODD???? But she has been stressed lately too and in rare form so I'll let it pass without a thought. I'll see her tonight but I doubt she'll say a thing.

So, when it rains for others it pours! Pray that our family stays strong through all this around us, gets things done that need to be done so others have the freedom to address what they need. Keep our family rested and healthy and cohesive. DH and I have a strong relationship during these busy times but we guard our kids closely so we don't overload them.
Janet I will lift you and your family up in prayers. I will also pray that God will help you be incredibly organized, efficient, and strengthened!

Remember, when you get too busy...that the JOY of the Lord will be your strength- so stick in some happy praise music to energize yourself if needed! I'm here if you need anything more specific prayed for... HUGS!

Well, we made it through tonight...interesting night...Chief missed the meeting because his water heater broke. All 3 of our Asst. Chiefs were gone for various reasons and our EMS Captain resigned (not announced yet officially, Chief got a letter tonight and told just a few officers). That left DH to run the meeting (a Lieutenant) and the other lieutenant and I to keep him on track. :)We desperately need more volunteers that would be suitable for Officer positions in the future. We are rapidly losing our depth and those of us left can't do it all!Oh well, one night down...on to the next. Dishes are done, kids packed for school, e-mails covered. Oh, in all this chaos I booked a November catalog show - go figure! God blesses in little ways!

Prayers coming your way, Janet. As others have said, one day at a time.

And hey - you got your dishes done :)!

Praying for you and your family, Janet! Keep it simple - eat on paper plates, and don't fold the underwear or socks!

And congrats on the Nov. Catalog Show!:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
Praying for you and your family, Janet! Keep it simple - eat on paper plates, and don't fold the underwear or socks!

Or turn them inside and wear them again! That'll save some wash.

Yes, I AM just kidding:yuck:!

Sending prayers to you and your family.

Praying for ya Janet!

Thanks guys! Here is the funny thing this a.m. - I was all prepared, lined up all the kids clothes last night...well, EXCEPT shoes.DS hasn't been to school since Wednesday since he only goes 2 days a week. Well, that means he hasn't worn tennis shoes since then.Fast-forward to time to put on shoes and leave...BEEP, BEEP, BEEP - there goes that annoying pager! :) First Responder call...so I shove Steve out the door to the call and he takes off. I turn to DS to get jacket and shoes on (it's 30-40 degrees at this time). But Mom, my jacket and shoes are in Daddy's truck?! UGH! So now I'm flying around trying to find another pair of shoes that fits since they aren't supposed to wear sandals to school and find another jacket that is a fall one. Nope, DS doesn't look good in pink or purple...but I FINALLY find one... No luck on shoes that fit anymore so he went to school in socks and leather sandals. Well, then we get to school and he is hiding behind me not wanting to go in. I ask why...well, he is afraid the teacher will be upset with him for wearing sandals when I mentioned 2 weeks ago that the school doesn't want you too. I finally convinced him it would be o.k. and I'd talk to his teacher. Well, LUCKILY SHE WORE SANDALS today. :) DS was again all grins and life was good......and we can chuckle at our adventures...

ChefBeckyD said:

Psst...I usually NEVER fold kids socks. I find if you try to couple them together and the don't use them right away, one sock gets stretched out in the top and it is really annoying to wear.

janetupnorth said:
Psst...I usually NEVER fold kids socks. I find if you try to couple them together and the don't use them right away, one sock gets stretched out in the top and it is really annoying to wear.

Well then, where's the stress coming from?:p

JUST KIDDING!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Well then, where's the stress coming from?:p

JUST KIDDING!:D

The shoes, not the socks! ;)

janetupnorth said:
Thanks guys! Here is the funny thing this a.m. - I was all prepared, lined up all the kids clothes last night...well, EXCEPT shoes.

DS hasn't been to school since Wednesday since he only goes 2 days a week. Well, that means he hasn't worn tennis shoes since then.

Fast-forward to time to put on shoes and leave...BEEP, BEEP, BEEP - there goes that annoying pager! :) First Responder call...so I shove Steve out the door to the call and he takes off. I turn to DS to get jacket and shoes on (it's 30-40 degrees at this time). But Mom, my jacket and shoes are in Daddy's truck?! UGH! So now I'm flying around trying to find another pair of shoes that fits since they aren't supposed to wear sandals to school and find another jacket that is a fall one. Nope, DS doesn't look good in pink or purple...but I FINALLY find one... No luck on shoes that fit anymore so he went to school in socks and leather sandals. Well, then we get to school and he is hiding behind me not wanting to go in. I ask why...well, he is afraid the teacher will be upset with him for wearing sandals when I mentioned 2 weeks ago that the school doesn't want you too. I finally convinced him it would be o.k. and I'd talk to his teacher. Well, LUCKILY SHE WORE SANDALS today. :) DS was again all grins and life was good...
...and we can chuckle at our adventures...

Glad it turned out well!!

Crazy morning, huh?

Are you my sister???????? :)
I'm reading a SUPER great book by Kathy Peel The Busy Mom's Guide to a Happy, Organized Home. Her website is Family Manager I heard her on a cd from Pat Pearson and God just moved me to try and implement this plan for my family. She's got some really great ideas... and I need help to keep from feeling like I'm spinning my wheels. Your schedule and your shoe/sock story sound SO much like life around here!
I'm praying for ya!!!!!!!

quiverfull7 said:
Are you my sister???????? :)
I'm reading a SUPER great book by Kathy Peel The Busy Mom's Guide to a Happy, Organized Home. Her website is Family Manager I heard her on a cd from Pat Pearson and God just moved me to try and implement this plan for my family. She's got some really great ideas... and I need help to keep from feeling like I'm spinning my wheels. Your schedule and your shoe/sock story sound SO much like life around here!
I'm praying for ya!!!!!!!

Duh! You already know the answer to that! Of course I'm your sister!!!! ;)

I'll check out that book...uh, yeah...later...

I find though that if I'm super busy and forced to be VERY detailed and routine I get more done.

I also find that doing the dishes right away or tackling 1 load of laundry a night WITHOUT fail, keeps it from piling up and being unbearable...

Luckily I don't have as many kids as you Diane!

Thanks for the extra prayers!

1. How can prayer help to keep a family together during challenging times?

Prayer can provide a sense of unity and support within the family. It allows for open communication with each other and with a higher power, providing guidance and strength to overcome challenges together.

2. Can prayer request for strength really make a difference?

Yes, prayer has the power to bring about positive changes and provide inner strength during difficult times. It can also bring a sense of peace and comfort to those who are struggling.

3. How often should I pray for my family's strength?

There is no specific frequency for praying for your family's strength. It is a personal decision and can vary depending on the individual and their beliefs. Some may pray daily, while others may pray as needed in times of struggle.

4. Are there specific prayers or verses that can help with keeping a family together?

Yes, there are many prayers and verses that can provide strength and guidance for families. Some popular ones include the Serenity Prayer, Psalm 23, and the Lord's Prayer. It may also be helpful to seek guidance from a religious leader or spiritual advisor.

5. Can prayer help with resolving conflicts within the family?

Prayer can help by bringing a sense of peace, understanding, and forgiveness to the family. It can also provide clarity and guidance on how to handle conflicts in a healthy and productive manner. However, it is important to also actively work on communication and problem-solving within the family in addition to praying.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedbybarbara