• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer for DebbieJ's Family: Unspoken Request for Today

In summary, DebbieJ's family is in need of prayers for an unspoken request. Her husband was unexpectedly laid off from his job and they have been following the Dave Ramsey financial plan for over a year, which has prepared them for this situation. Despite the challenges, they are remaining faithful and trusting in God's plan. Many are sending prayers and good vibes their way during this difficult time.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I won't release details because I don't know if she wants to say on this forum yet, but please pray for DebbieJ today. Nothing medical, but her family needs prayer.

...just pray for an unspoken request for her today.

Thanks!

Anything for DebbieJ! Prayers her way!

Definitely! You're in my prayers Deb!

Prayers and good vibes winging their way....

In my thoughts and prayers!

Thank you Janet! DH just came home a bit ago, so I just got back on my computer. And why would DH be home in the middle of the afternoon? That's right, he lost his job.His company was going through a reorganization and they hadn't yet reassigned the actuaries (of which DH was one) to various depts/lines of business. They were to have a meeting on Friday to make the reassignments. DH got called into a meeting this morning with his boss and and HR person--never a good sign. He sent me a text message at 12:15 p.m. to let me know he was let go. He has 60 more days at the office, then 60 days severance UNLESS he gets a written offer for another position, then severance is cancelled even if he doesn't take the job. Funny thing is, he applied (at the company's urging) for another position within the company, and so if they extend a written offer for that job (which he isn't sure he even wants), he's screwed out of the severance.His immediate supervisor was also laid off in this "restructuring." His supervisor commented that DH seemed really calm. DH said "well, I sold my house and cleared my debts, so I'll be okay." Supervisor said "wish I was in your position." We have been following the Dave Ramsey plan for over a year and have financial peace. DH said he wanted to call Dave Ramsey and thank him.So we'll be fine financially, but now have to realign our priorities for now and DH needs to figure out what he will do next.Thanks for your prayers everyone!

I will be praying for yall Debbie. Isn't it amazing how God prepares us for the futuer without us even realizing it?

Thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Debbie - praying for God's leading for you and DH during this time.
You have been wise, and obedient with your finances - God will bless that!

Thank God you were prepared!

I hate it that the Holidays are at the end of the year when many companies find the need to restructure and remove employees - just doesn't seem right to me.

I hope your DH gets a great job offer! When God closes a door, he always opens a window....just sometimes that window needs a little DW40 to help it move!

Prayers for you during this time. I am glad to hear that you have your finances in order too. Good for you.

Prayers for you and the Dh Deb - So glad you were prepared, but it still isnt an easy thing to go thru! Keep us posted!

Oh Deb that sucks. I'm so sorry to hear that. But that was one of my first thoughts - you guys have done so well with working that financial plan. Imagine if this had happened earlier.:( I will pray that this ends of being one of those situations where he'll end up better off somehow. GOOD LUCK!

Deb, I will definitely say a prayer for you.
I know exactly what you're going through. My DH is in the home building industry and he got laid off in March from the job he had been at for 9 years. He got two months severance, found another job for a home security company in May and then in October that company filed for bankruptcy. So, I definitely can sympathize with your situation. Just keep your spirits up and lay it in God's hands.

In my thoughts and prayers!

I'm so sorry. Your family will be in my prayers.

I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's job! Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Debbie - you'll be in my prayers. God will bless you!

Great Job offer vibes comming your Dh's way!

Sorry fthat you have to go thru this stressfull time at this time of year!

Oh Deb. What a day. Thank God that you guys are so well prepared financially. I will pray for you and your DH, that you continue to have such peace with this major life change & that your DH gets an amazing job offer.

Oh Deb...I so know your pain. Unfortunately all too well! Good thoughts coming your way. And lots of extra prayers. (((HUGS)))

So sorry, sending prayers your way.

Thoughts and prayers headed your way, Deb! So sorry this happens at this time of the year.

Sorry this is happening to your and your DH Deb.

I am with Linda, I don't know why companies always seem to do this just before the holidays.

Oh Debbie...I'm so sorry you guys have to be going through this! :( Good vibes and prayers going your way! Hang in there...there are better things to come!

So sorry to hear this happened to you, but what an amazing testimony that you are now living in "Financial Peace" so you can handle this!!! Funny how even though God doesn't stop the bad stuff, if we let him, he will usually help us to lessen the blow! I would definitely send the story to Dave Ramsey!

That stinks Deb. Thank goodness you guys are prepared though. Hang in there!

What is a "Prayer for a Cheffer"?

A "Prayer for a Cheffer" is a special blessing or prayer that is said before a meal prepared by a Pampered Chef consultant. It is meant to show gratitude for the food and those who helped prepare it.

Who can say the "Prayer for a Cheffer"?

The "Prayer for a Cheffer" can be said by anyone, but it is typically said by the Pampered Chef consultant who prepared the meal or by a designated guest at the meal.

Is the "Prayer for a Cheffer" a religious prayer?

The "Prayer for a Cheffer" can be a religious prayer if desired, but it can also be a simple expression of gratitude and well wishes for those enjoying the meal.

Do I have to say the "Prayer for a Cheffer" every time I cook with Pampered Chef products?

No, the "Prayer for a Cheffer" is not required every time you cook with Pampered Chef products. It is simply a special tradition that can be done for special occasions, gatherings, or as a personal practice.

Can I personalize the "Prayer for a Cheffer"?

Yes, the "Prayer for a Cheffer" can be personalized to fit your own beliefs and values. You can add your own words or change the prayer to make it meaningful and authentic to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • Lisa/ChefBear