• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer for My Friend This Morning

friend's court-appearance to determine if she is "mentally stable/sane" is scheduled for 30 minutes from now (Friday 10am central). She spent 4.5 days in the mental health area of the hospital. She said it was like a jail with people screaming, swearing, etc throughout the 24 hr day. She was limited to her room and open areas. There were no windows and so when she saw the sun and grass again she was amazed at how green the grass was. She was searched etc when she arrived and tested for all sorts of drugs etc. She said it was humiliating. The first day she was interviewed they said she shouldn't be there. Every day she was interviewed by counselors
esavvymom
Staff member
My friend's court-appearance to determine if she is "mentally stable/sane" is scheduled for 30 minutes from now (Friday 10am central). (her spouse managed to have her committed after she confronted him and he movedout for having an affair) The story is here: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/prayer-request-family-friend-69826/

Please pray for her that the court sees the truth.

I was praying for her all night last night! I was believing that maybe the doctors would see that she was sane and her husband did her a favor sending her there because the experts would see she was perfectly fine and he was the crazy one!
If those children get an Ad Litem Attorney and are ordered to receive counseling, the truth will come out about the DAD!!!! That is the purpose behind that and the Aunt can petition for custody/guardianship of children based on actions of father and should get an attorney to help with this and protect those children and her sister.

Hopefully the truth will emerge & she can put this nightmare behind her.

Please KUP on this...I'm still in shock that it's even gone the way it has!! Prayers for her (and the kids)

Just went and read the original story. WOW. Many thoughts and prayers.....

Any word, Bobbi? I hope that somehow the truth will come out and she and the kids will be okay.

Not yet. When I find out, I'll update.
Thanks everyone!! It's been weighing heavy on our minds all week.

Bobbi - heard anything yet?

Update: (from her sister)

She spent 4.5 days in the mental health area of the hospital. She said it was like a jail with people screaming, swearing, etc throughout the 24 hr day. She was limited to her room and open areas. There were no windows and so when she saw the sun and grass again she was amazed at how green the grass was. She was searched etc when she arrived and tested for all sorts of drugs etc. She said it was humiliating. The first day she was interviewed they said she shouldn't be there.

Every day she was interviewed by counselors and psychologists at least 6 times. Every 15 min they checked on her. She was very afraid as men and woman shared the floor and there were strange men even in the room next to hers.

[Her brother and his wife]
drove up through the night on Tues and Wed we obtained one of THE best attorneys in [the city]. They worked on the case, interviewed her etc. He chose to interview with the court/magistrate prior to the hearing on Friday morning, show him the papers and tell him about [her] situation. The magistrate read all the Doc reports etc and chose to dismiss the hearing. The doc determined she had stress/anxiety disorder (Like post traumatic stress), [but was] not mentally incapable or suicidal and a danger to others. She was free to go once she arrived.

She went on to say that while they still have a battle with regards to the kids being in his complete custody right now, they were praising God for all that He has done. She also said:
He [the soon-to-be ex husband] told the kids there were 20-50 people at the courthouse supporting [their mom]. We were surprised and upon thinking about it more, wondered how he could have mistaken that much, knowing he would recognize everyone.[There were only TEN of them at the courthouse with her that day!] Then we remembered that after he left, he re-entered the courthouse and then left again. We realized that we were in the midst of Angels! It was awesome! We were blown away that we didn't need to 'fight' and that HE took care of it ALL!! We were reminded of Jericho. HE is so definitely moving in this.......

So their is still a battle to be fought with him, but at least she is no longer being held prisoner- literally- against her will, and having seen that fight and the thought of being surrounded by angels, that has to be empowering!

Thanks to everyone for the prayers. I know that God heard us and helped them.

I believed that her doctors would see that she was sane and that would help her case-in essence her husband did her a favor in that respect and hurt himself.
So happy to hear that she is home and with loved ones.
I will continue to pray for her and her children that she finds the strength to continue the battle with this man but I do believe as I originally posted that the best thing for her children is their own Ad Litem Attorney and to see counselors to assist with what the father is telling them.
Your friend is very lucky to have you in her life and supporting her.

Thanks for the update. Prayers continuing.

I've gotten a few more updates on this situation, and tonight I was just a bit sick. It's too much to put on here. Suffice it to say, she is in the process of legal separation, trying to get custody, and now she has a restraining order (or is trying to get one) against him because of a recent encounter. He's nuts. (cult-like mentality...he thinks he can do no wrong)

It's clearly a frightening situation. Keeps us posted as you can. Hope you feel better soon.

oh bobbi!! still praying for your friend!!!!!!! i thank God she has a friend in you!!!

Frightening seems to be an excellent description. I too hope she is vigilant in using all resources available to her and her children. Perhaps when she has all of her children in her care, she might seek going to a shelter for protection from him and staying there until the courts work this out-might be the safest place for her and the children. Prayers continuing for all of you. May the Lord continue to give her the strength she needs to see this through and keep her safe in doing so.

smart2cook said:
Frightening seems to be an excellent description. I too hope she is vigilant in using all resources available to her and her children. Perhaps when she has all of her children in her care, she might seek going to a shelter for protection from him and staying there until the courts work this out-might be the safest place for her and the children. Prayers continuing for all of you. May the Lord continue to give her the strength she needs to see this through and keep her safe in doing so.

I wish it could be that simple....except her teenage son is on dad's side. He'd probably snitch a location or something. The dad reminds me of some of these movies you've watched on Lifetime, almost a cult-like leader where everyone believes his every word, he's very smooth talking, good looking, manipulative (and people don't realize it).

It's in God's hands, but something weighing heavy on our hearts.

Any form of family violence (even the non-physical stuff) is unnecessary and a shame that some people feel the need to try & control others. :(

What is a "Prayer for My Friend This Morning"?

A "Prayer for My Friend This Morning" is a prayer that you can say on behalf of a friend in the morning to ask for blessings, guidance, and protection for them throughout the day.

Why should I say a "Prayer for My Friend This Morning"?

Saying a "Prayer for My Friend This Morning" is a way to show your love, support, and care for your friend. It can also bring comfort and peace to both you and your friend knowing that they have someone praying for them.

How do I say a "Prayer for My Friend This Morning"?

You can say a "Prayer for My Friend This Morning" in your own words or you can use a pre-written prayer. Simply close your eyes, focus your thoughts on your friend, and speak from your heart.

Can I say a "Prayer for My Friend This Morning" for any friend?

Yes, you can say a "Prayer for My Friend This Morning" for any friend, regardless of their religious beliefs. The intention and sincerity behind the prayer is what truly matters.

Can I say a "Prayer for My Friend This Morning" every day?

Yes, you can say a "Prayer for My Friend This Morning" for your friend every day. It is a beautiful and meaningful way to start your day and show your friend that they are always in your thoughts and prayers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • nikked