• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Prayer Request for Mireles Family! Warning: Long!

In summary, the conversation was about two urgent prayer requests. The first one was for the safety and well-being of the husband who was going to Houston to help with hurricane relief efforts. The second one was for the speaker's ulcer in her right eye, which was causing difficulties in her daily activities. The conversation also included gratitude and prayers for the Mireles family and their husband's safe return, as well as offers of help and support from friends. The conversation also mentioned the challenges of being a military wife and the high cost of glasses with a strong prescription.
DebbieSAChef
Well I have two urgent prayer requests.

First the most important one, my husband Michael works for AT&T and is going to Houston to help fix up the damage done by the hurricane to the phone cables. He will be gone for 3 weeks straight and then he gets two days to come home and heads back for another 3 weeks. We are praying that after 3-6 weeks he will be able to come back but his boss said he can't promise anything and he might have to stay for the 6 weeks or longer. Please pray the Lord will keep him safe and that he will get the rest he needs. He will miss us terribly, just as we'll miss him, and he'll have a tendency to work as much as possible around the clock. I would really appreciate all your prayers on this! I will have to run our household alone and I am not used to that. My husband is such a central part of our family. The leader of our home who keeps us all in line and gives us all love in special individual ways.
(Bike rides with our oldest son for their bonding time!)
(Daddy daughter dates with our oldest daughter)
(Wrestling, and playtime for our two toddlers)
(Tickle time for our 14 month old)
And of course OUR date nights, time talking at night when everyone's asleep and our prayer/bible time.

So you can see he will be missed even if it's only for a short time. Believe me I totally respect military wives. I especially pray and help them when I can in our homeschool group. I know I will appreciate him a whole lot more when he gets back.

Second I have an ulcer in my right eye due to a bad case of bacterial pink eye and wearing a torn contact that rubbed up against my eye for days. I didn't even notice it was torn. It was a tiny slit. I am blind without my contacts, but I am not allowed to wear a contact in my right eye until my infection and ulcer clear up. I am taking two drops for my eyes to clear it up several times a day. It is hard to do school, run my cake business, PC, read my bible and emails with one good eye. I have horrible headaches. I go back to the dr. on Monday. Hopefully by then it will be cleared up and I can get a back up set of contacts because I always have to get mine special ordered. I have a very strong presription. My contacts and glasses will be $500, with insurance.

Thanks so much. I am asking for prayer from everyone I know, the more the better. Thank you everyone and God bless!

Debbie :)

{{{{MIRELES Family}}}} and LOTS of prayers

Praying for you all ---- hope you can get some childcare help here and there during the next few weeks!!

And that your eye heals quickly!!

God Bless

I'll be praying!Be sure to accept help that's offered to you from friends and family while he's gone. I know it's hard sometimes, but you're allowing other people to feel the warmth of blessing another when you allow them to help.

I just want to say THANK YOU Mireles Family! I live in Texas in one of the FEMA declared disaster areas from Hurricane Ike. I will definately keep your family in my prayers for your husbands safe return home. I am so thankful that there are people in this world that truely come to help those in need. To see Galveston on the news and in pictures is one thing, but when you see it in person it is so real. My husband is a contractor for AT&T and he has been working is tail off too. Working 7 days a week 14 to 16 hour days. I am a stay at home mom of 3 girls 2 of which are home with me all day. I wish you and your family the best of luck and hope your husband gets to come home soon.

Mireles family prayers are being sent you way now.

Hang in there Debbie - you guys will make it!!!!Have you checked out zennioptical.com to see if they can do your prescription even though strong? That will save on glasses at least.

clewisrae said:
I just want to say THANK YOU Mireles Family! I live in Texas in one of the FEMA declared disaster areas from Hurricane Ike. I will definately keep your family in my prayers for your husbands safe return home. I am so thankful that there are people in this world that truely come to help those in need. To see Galveston on the news and in pictures is one thing, but when you see it in person it is so real. My husband is a contractor for AT&T and he has been working is tail off too. Working 7 days a week 14 to 16 hour days. I am a stay at home mom of 3 girls 2 of which are home with me all day. I wish you and your family the best of luck and hope your husband gets to come home soon.

I will pray for you as well and your family. It's hard to be alone with no second parent in the home, even if it is only for a few weeks or months. I hope your hubby comes home soon too!

Debbie :)

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!:)

Sending prayers for you and your family.

GOOD NEWS!!

My husband is not leaving until Monday, October 20th. They keep postponing from that first Wed. to the following Monday, not to next Monday. It's stressful but at least he's still here with us. They have to place cables first before they can work on them and that takes time. I just don't want this to run into Thanksgiving but if it does, we will be eating Turkey and all the trimmings and dessert together in a hotel. LOL

Debbie :chef:

Oh and thanks everyone for your support and prayers. My eye is completely healed now and I am just waiting on my new contacts to come in. They should get here in a couple weeks, they are specially made for the blind! LOL

I have a contact that the doctor let me have for my right eye but it's not my prescription and so I still have the headaches but not as severe. Thank you LORD! He is so faithful and good!!

Debbie :D

Wonderful news!

DebbieSAChef said:
GOOD NEWS!!

My husband is not leaving until Monday, October 20th. They keep postponing from that first Wed. to the following Monday, not to next Monday. It's stressful but at least he's still here with us. They have to place cables first before they can work on them and that takes time. I just don't want this to run into Thanksgiving but if it does, we will be eating Turkey and all the trimmings and dessert together in a hotel. LOL

Debbie :chef:

So glad he's still there while you've been dealing with your eye!

If it does run into Thanksgiving....I think having it together in a hotel would be a good reminder about what we really should be thankful for! Plus, it could be a fun adventure for all of the kids. They wouldn't forget it...20 years from now when they are grown, they will be saying "remember the time we had to have Thanksgiving in a hotel?" You'll be making a memory!:D

I will continue to pray for your DH's safety and travels, as well as your family to be able to adjust to his time away without difficulty.

I hope he knows how much he is appreciated during this time in TX.

Hey girl. I just wanted to wish you luck as your hubby goes to work. My dh also works for at&t and i know how demanding that job can be. My dh got called out on Friday at 6 pm. He had just walked in the door from work. He didn't get off work until 12:30 pm! Saturday afternoon. He was exausted. He came home and went straight to bed. It takes a special kind of wife to be able to hold down the house and keep it flowing while dh is away. :) Everytime there is a hurricane nearby dh has to work over time and sometime just when there is extra work in the load. Hang in there. God will carry you through and it will all work out.

Debbie, I just saw this thread. I am so glad your husband was able to be there while you were healing (can we say, God's timing?). I will pray for you in his absence. It is tough working out your family dynamic when an integral part is missing (my husband is always gone for work).

Chef Kearns said:
Debbie, I just saw this thread. I am so glad your husband was able to be there while you were healing (can we say, God's timing?). I will pray for you in his absence. It is tough working out your family dynamic when an integral part is missing (my husband is always gone for work).

I couldn't agree more!

Thanks for the update Debbie...glad your eye is doing better! I still pray for your DH's safety and for things to run smoothly when he is gone!

Yeah for your family Debbie - glad you are feeling better!

1. How can I submit a prayer request for the Mireles family?

To submit a prayer request for the Mireles family, you can reach out to us through our customer service hotline at 1-800-342-5263 or by sending an email to our customer service team at [email protected]. You can also submit a prayer request through our website by filling out the contact form on our "Contact Us" page.

2. Can I request a specific prayer for the Mireles family?

Yes, you can request a specific prayer for the Mireles family. When submitting your prayer request, please provide as much detail as possible so that we can accurately pray for their specific needs.

3. Will my prayer request for the Mireles family be kept confidential?

Yes, your prayer request for the Mireles family will be kept confidential. We understand the sensitive nature of prayer requests and will only share it with our dedicated prayer team who will lift up the Mireles family in prayer.

4. How often will the Mireles family be prayed for?

The Mireles family will be prayed for daily by our dedicated prayer team. We also encourage our Pampered Chef community to lift them up in prayer as well.

5. Can I receive updates on the Mireles family and their prayer requests?

Unfortunately, due to privacy reasons, we are unable to provide updates on the Mireles family and their prayer requests. However, we encourage you to continue praying for them and trust that God will work in their lives according to His will.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies