• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request for Very Good Family Friends...

In summary, Desi's daughter has been having seizures and complications from one of her conditions, she's lost a lot of weight, and was taken to Montrose yesterday due to them. She was transferred to Danville this morning. The family is hoping for doctors to make the right decisions.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I just wanted to ask for a few prayers for very good friends of ours. Mark & Joy live close to us and have 6 children, 4 still living at home and all 4 have special needs. Well Desi, the one daughter has been having seizures and complications from one of her conditions, she's lost allot of weight also. She was taken to Montrose yesterday due to hard seizures and transferred to Danville this morning. Please pray for doctors to also make the right decisions, as she gets complications from things very easily.

This is particularly hard on them, as Joy is with Desi and this leaves Mark with other kids (Jenny, Denea, DJ and Brendan). Brendan in particular is very attached to Joy, he's got autism, but he's generally very good, but we're praying this doesn't set Brendan off. Last time Desi was in hospital, Brendan actually ended up staying at hospital with Joy, so I'm hoping he can maintain at home with Mark this time.

They all need your prayers. They also have a new Grand baby, Liam, and have been helping their daughter Amanda and son-in-law Bill with all the transitions with a new baby.
Joy's mom lives next to them, but she can only do so much.

Also, if you could pray for me, I'm still not recovering as the doctor hoped from my bout of pneumonia. He's now put me on a new medication and it's still not seeming to work. I'm just so tired and it's not seeming to loosen in my chest.

Thanks, please pray for Desi, Joy and her doctors!!

God bless you all! I'll be praying for all of them and for you. I'm glad you went back to the Dr. when you didn't feel relief! I'll pray this round of meds will grab hold and clear things up.

I will say a prayer for all of you!
{{{{HUGS}}}}

It seems that the devil just likes to stir things up this time of year- and there is nothing I dislike more than when he attacks children with illness, or anyone for that matter. I will be praying for Joy and Desi and her entire family, and for you as well. If you lived closer, I'd make you a big pot of my yummy home made chicken noodle soup- it has healing powers :)

Thanks for all the prayers and offer of soup.

I actually was talking about making some and I've got all the makings except the fresh lemon for the Lemon Greek Chicken Soup, so I'm hoping to feel well enough to make that tomorrow, didn't get done today. Or it's an easy enough recipe I think even my hubby could make it.

God blesses us with awesome friends, another friend and her hubby dropped off a sheet pizza and salad late this afternoon for our supper tonight.

God is great.

Lisa

I just got an update from a friend......She spoke with Joy at about 7 for the last time this evening and it is not looking good. There is apparently a fistula into the bladder, she is becoming septic and her kidneys are shutting down. They cathed her and got 300cc of fecal matter from her bladder.

Desi's been down before and doctors didn't expect her to live and she's bounced back before.

Just wanted to update everyone. Thanks again for all the prayers.

Lisa

Sending prayers and hugs.......!!!

You and they will be in my prayers.

Update on DesiWell she's a fighter, she's been holding her own today. She's still not doing great, but she's not any worse. She's going to be going for a few tests/procedures tomorrow morning when her surgeon comes back from vacation. He was called while he was away to ask if he wanted to do her procedures (as he did last one) or if he wanted other doctor to "try", he said he'd prefer them to wait for him, as she's got so much scar tissue and issues and he's familiar with her case.

Nurse came in Sunday morning and tried to get Joy to sign a DNR order and she wouldn't as she said Desi hasn't given up, so she won't give up on her either. Nurse got kinda snappy with Joy and Joy just walked away and cried her eyes out and called a friend, who as soon as she was off the phone with her, she called me for us to pray for them all. Sometimes people are NOT sensitive to families feelings.

I know nurse was only doing what someone told her to, but there's a way to do it and if someone says no, just walk away and not to push.

It's so hard, as I can relate to how helpless Mark is having to stay at home with the other kiddos and my hubby can relate to Joy and having to be there and be the one to make all the decisions.

Please keep them in prayer and especially tomorrow.

Thanks,

Lisa

PS,
I'm not feeling any better, so I've got to call doctor tomorrow too.

Lisa -

I just saw this for the first time. They will be added to my list and you too. A DNR order is the patient or family member's CHOICE not a requirement...sad that she had to be pushed that far.

I hope things continue to get better for all of you!

2 updates, Desi and myself......Well Desi is holding her own, she had a CT yesterday and they found 2 masses in her abdomen, what are they, they don't know, can't tell if it's air, tumor, or what. She's scheduled for exploratory surgery tomorrow and surgeon has blocked entire day for her.

Me, well I'm still not feeling better, called doc this morning and he's changed my meds again, I've gone for another chest X-ray and bloodwork, he didn't like the one level, so back again for more bloodwork. I go back next week to see him and hopefully will be feeling better and have some answers.

Prayers for everyone are appreciated.

We're to have a huge snow storm tomorrow with upwards of 10" of snow and hubby to to work late at a company open house and he's not looking forward to it, as he's not sure he'll get home without dumping car in ditch and lets face it with that much snow, who in their right mind is going to come out and do an open house. But they are offering a FREE computer, so maybe crazy people will come, lol.

Thanks,

Lisa

1. How can I submit a prayer request for my family friends?

To submit a prayer request for your family friends, you can either contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or go to our website and fill out the prayer request form under the "Contact Us" section.

2. Are there any specific guidelines for the prayer requests?

We welcome all prayer requests and there are no specific guidelines. However, we do ask that all requests are respectful and appropriate for our community of caring individuals.

3. Will the prayer requests be shared with others?

All prayer requests are kept confidential and will only be shared with our team of dedicated individuals who will keep you and your family friends in their prayers.

4. How long will it take for the prayer request to be fulfilled?

We understand the urgency of prayer requests and our team will begin praying for your family friends immediately. However, the length of time for the request to be fulfilled may vary and we ask for your patience and trust in our process.

5. Is there a fee for submitting a prayer request?

No, there is no fee for submitting a prayer request. Our team at Pampered Chef believes in the power of prayer and we are here to support and uplift those in need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies