• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Desi Update, She's in Surgery Today.....

In summary, Desi is currently in surgery for 7 1/2 hours due to two masses found in her CT scan. The family is dealing with the situation, with Joy being at the hospital and the rest of the family being snowed in at home. However, Desi made it through the surgery and surprisingly, her bladder does not have any holes as feared. She will be in the PICU for 10-14 days before moving to a different floor. A nurse has also been assigned to her who has taken care of her before and is known to be wonderful with her. The family is grateful for the prayers and hope for a speedy recovery. They also plan to finish their Christmas shopping soon.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I'd appreciate prayers for Desi and family today, she's currently in surgery and doctor has blocked off ALL day for her surgery. CT shows 2 masses, not sure what they are, air, tumors?? He's doing exploratory right now.

Joy is a wreck and down at hospital by herself and dealing with it all.

Mark and other kids are a wreck up here being so far away and not being able to be there for Desi and Joy. We're snowed in, we were to get 3-5, well I've already got about 6" and now they are changing to upwards of 12 by nightfall.

Thanks for prayers,

Lisa

Stay warm and we'll keep the prayer chain going!

praying and then praying some more!

Keeping them in my thoughts and prayers still...

I'll be praying.

I pray the Lord will give you a peacefull heart, and a complete and speedy healing for Desi.

Desi is a fighter that's for sure.

I got the call tonight, she made it through a 7 1/2 hour surgery. Bladder does NOT have any holes as they had feared, it either wasn't there to begin, or gasp, it healed itself.

The doctor said, he believes it had to have been there with what was happening before hand, but he's not sure what happened, but it wasn't there today, I guess he went over bladder very carefully and was shocked. Well DUH, power of PRAYER!!

She's expected to be in PICU for 10 days to 2 weeks and then moved back to peds before coming home. That's what they've told Momma Joy today. Praise God, this time, a nurse has gotten Joy $5.00 food vouchers for each day for cafeteria, as it's so expensive to eat at the hospital. So that's aslo been an answer to prayers.

At Danville they didn't get the snow we got here, so hopefully on Sat. Mark can run down and sit a spell with Joy and Desi before having to come home before next storm hits us.

This time, Desi also has a nurse who's taken care of her before (who's wonderful with her) that's asked to be her nurse for the duration of her stay no matter which floor she's on. So God is taking care of that too, as she's had issues with a couple of nurses this time.

Thanks again for all the prayers, we just need to keep her lifted in prayers and cloaking her in God's healing hands. Keep surprising the those doctors and having them scratch their heads in wonderment.

I'm hoping to be feeling well enough by next week to help finish their kids Christmas shopping and my kids as well.

THanks again,

Lisa

Great news Lisa...thanks for the update!

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine how hard this is for their family! Praise God for putting friends like you in their lives and SUPER Praises for healing that bladder hole!!!! I pray she advances and heals quicker than any medical reasoning can explain!

Praise God! I'll pray for continue healing.

What is "Desi Update"?

"Desi Update" is a company-wide initiative at Pampered Chef to provide updates and support for our colleague Desi, who is currently undergoing surgery.

Who is Desi?

Desi is a valued member of our Pampered Chef team who is currently undergoing surgery. We are rallying together to support her during this time.

How can I show my support for Desi?

There are a few ways you can show your support for Desi during this time. You can send her well wishes and positive thoughts, contribute to a gift or care package, or simply let her know that you are there for her.

Will there be any changes to our work during "Desi Update"?

No, there will be no changes to your work during "Desi Update". We encourage everyone to continue working as usual and to show their support for Desi in whatever way they feel comfortable.

Can I reach out to Desi during her recovery?

Yes, you are welcome to reach out to Desi during her recovery. However, please be respectful of her privacy and recovery process. We will provide updates on her progress as they become available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • Lisa/ChefBear