• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sending Prayers for My Granny's Recovery - Update on Surgery and Health

In summary, Linda's 90-year-old Granny recently had cancer surgery and a hernia repair. The doctor said the surgery went well and she may not need chemo or radiation. However, she is currently in the ICU recovering and has pneumonia and ulcers in her esophagus. She is also experiencing disorientation and fear, possibly due to a small stroke. She has lived alone since her husband passed away 5 years ago, but it may not be possible for her to continue living alone after leaving the hospital. Linda's mom is making arrangements for her to stay with her. Many people are praying for Linda's family, and a photo of Granny in her garden was shared. Despite her age, Granny is described as feisty and still
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
My Granny had cancer surgery last week (endometrial cancer) and also a hernia repair. Doctor said everything went well and that it should take care of the cancer and hopefully no chemo or radiation should be necesary (waiting on the final labs to be sure). Anyhow, she's having a tough time recovering and is in ICU. She's got a touch of pnemonia in one lung and terrible ulcers in her esophogus which are preventing her from eating and drinking right now (she's on an IV for her nutrients). She is 90 years old (looks @ 70 though :) ) and she's pretty scared and disoriented now - she thinks she is never coming home (the doctors have assured her that she will and that surgery went fine....she's mainly in the ICU b/c of her age). She has lived by herself since my pop died 5 years ago, but that may not be possible when she comes home from the hospital, we also think she may have had a small stroke. My mom is making arrangements in her home for my granny (mom could probably use an extra prayer right now too).

Thanks everybody,
Linda

Prayers for granny!

Oh Linda, that is hard. I pray that Granny is comforted and feels safe, and that things go well with her staying with your Mom!

Prayers for your family.

Thanks. Here's a picture of her so you know who you're praying for. This is her in her garden last summer.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/Heleninhergarden2.jpg

Praying for your Granny, Linda - I had a similar situation last year - my 88 year old grandpa underwent surgery to remove a cancerous lung - was in the hospital for several weeks but I'm happy to report celebrated his 89th birthday in May and doing great! The doctors told him he's like a 79 year old and he's sharp as tack and really enjoying life. He smoked for over 50 years - but quit probably 20 years ago and it just caught up with him. He looks great and feels good as well and we expect him to be around a long time. Good luck with everything Linda

She's cute Linda!

Gina M said:
She's cute Linda!
Yes she is! And to put her in a little more perspective, she's @ 4'11".

Prayers going up for Mom and Granny, and for you as well. And my goodness! Granny looks all of about 50 years old!

OH HOW PRECIOUS! Thanks SO much for sharing the photo!
Lord, we lift this precious and inspiring soul up to you for healing and help. Please quiet her spirit and give her peace... let her body heal in Your time... we are an impatient people, continue to grant patience and courage for the long run. Bless this family as they minister to their mom and granny... what a testimony to life she is! There she stands in the midst of gorgeous flowers fashioned by You! You fashioned HER TOO Lord... and we trust you to heal her body now. In Jesus name we lift her up to you,
Amen

Praying for your adorable grandma and your family...

Thanks everyone. And Dianne, you have such a gift for beautiful prayers!

Linda, Granny looks like a feisty li'l thing! If you can keep her spirits up, she'll pull through.

Thanks...
pamperedlinda said:
Thanks everyone. And Dianne, you have such a gift for beautiful prayers!

Y'all are too sweet... really.. I just talk to Him ALOT and so when I put myself in the place of whomever needs prayer... it seems the Holy Spirit just kind of fills in whatever that person needs... so it's really not me ... I always count it as a humbling privilege first of all to get to speak to Jesus at all... and then to be able to pray for and with others... what a blessing! Thanks for blessing me and putting up with me.

Prayers for all of y ou !!

I'll be praying.

What a great pic Linda---4'11", wow how sweet;)
I'm sure she will pull through a-okay.

You, your mom, and Granny are all in my prayers. I thought you were going to tell us the picture was taken 20 years ago! She sure is adorable.

Thanks for the extra Cheffer Prayers! She is so much better today. She actually ate a good amount of food and told my mom to bring her shrimp & pasta tomorrow (yeah, right....like that is going to happen! LMAO) Hopefully she will come home by Monday.

Yes, she is a feisty little thing. 90 years old and still driving :eek: (She drives a 1974 Mercedes 240 Diesel.....her daddy's car :angel: It's a good car for her since she lives way out in the country, doesn't drive on the highway and at top speed she's tipping 35 mph!

Wow - she doesn't look a day over 70!!!! Make that 60!That looks so much like it could have been my grandma...of course she'd be 98 if she was alive!!!! She lived until 77 and was also 4'11"...good hardworking German blood. She died at 77 from pneumonia after a similar surgery, that was 20 years ago though when they didn't pump fluid out of your lungs or other things.Glad to hear she is getting better!

Thanks Janet. Sorry to hear about your grandma. Yes, we are very thankful for 'modern medicine'. They have her on lasix (sp?) and boy-o-boy is the fluid coming out now. My family seems to live forever, way into their 90's!

So glad to hear Granny is doing better!

I am so glad that your Granny is better!
I had my maternal grandparents (Nanny and Paw) until I was in my 30's. They were such a blessing to have and not a single day goes by that I don't think about them.

Glad she's doing better.

UpdateThanks so much for your thoughts and prayers everyone. Granny FINALLY came home the other day! She was in the hospital for an entire month - we were only expecting her to be there for a week. She had a tough time and was in ICU for almost 3 weeks then moved to the Physical Rehab floor for another 1 1/2 weeks. She's so much better. She's still a little week and has to use a walker now. She's at my mom's house, but will be going back to her own home soon. Mom is moving out of the country next month, so I know I will have to start planning to spend a day a week to go check on Granny and help her with errands (she lives @ 80 miles south of me).

Again, thanks so much for keeping her in your prayers.

How awesome that you can spend that time reconnecting with her. Those days - while a challenge, will add days of joy to your life! (Take along a consultant news, or your cell and a few CustCare calls to make, or HostCoach calls to do - listen to some business building CD's in the car (Show & Sell Fall 2007 at least) and you can deduct the mileage on your business expenses!)

Granny might not need a thing, but she might enjoy doing a show for you.

Stop and get her some roadside flowers each time you go, and you will both enjoy and look forward to the visits!

-praying for Paige and her family-

scottcooks said:
.............(Take along a consultant news, or your cell and a few CustCare calls to make, or HostCoach calls to do - listen to some business building CD's in the car (Show & Sell Fall 2007 at least) and you can deduct the mileage on your business expenses!)............
-praying for Paige and her family-
I never thought of that one! Good idea. I'm always listening to PC CD's in the car too, never thought of that time as a business expense.

What is "Prayers for My Granny"?

"Prayers for My Granny" is a book filled with heartfelt prayers and reflections for grandmothers. It is a thoughtful gift to show appreciation and love for the special grandmother in your life.

Who is the author of "Prayers for My Granny"?

The author of "Prayers for My Granny" is unknown, as it is a collection of prayers and reflections from various sources. However, it is published by Pampered Chef, a company that offers high-quality kitchen products and heartfelt gifts.

Is "Prayers for My Granny" only for grandmothers?

No, "Prayers for My Granny" can be given to any special grandmother figure in your life, whether it is your own grandmother, a step-grandmother, or a beloved family friend.

What makes "Prayers for My Granny" a unique gift?

"Prayers for My Granny" offers meaningful prayers and reflections specifically tailored for grandmothers. It also features beautiful illustrations and a heartfelt dedication page to personalize the gift for your loved one.

Can I personalize "Prayers for My Granny"?

Yes, each copy of "Prayers for My Granny" comes with a dedication page where you can write a special message for your grandmother. This adds a personal touch to the gift and makes it even more meaningful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies