• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Votes Needed to Find a Cure for This Little Boy!

In summary, a neighbor with a very rare genetic disorder is in the running for a $250,000 grant from Pepsi Refresh. He is asking for people's help to vote for his son, Matthew, on the Refresh website. If you can vote, please do so.
esavvymom
Staff member
Hello friends.....

If you could spend just 1 minute per day to change the lives of someone who suffers from a rare disease- all from the comfort of your home and the click of a button, would you?

Recently, my neighbor and I got talking. He lives a road over from me, so I don't see him very often, but I found out that he has a little boy who suffers from a VERY RARE genetic disorder that causes his body to basically become paralyzed or partially, for no apparent reason. It's like his brain "short-circuits". Less than 650 people in the WORLD suffer from this. He has posted a video on YouTube showing what little Matthew's days are like.

He is asking for my help in spreading the word to everyone I know. PEPSI has a program called "Refresh" in which they give away grant money for various ideas. He is in the running for $250,000 towards finding a cure. Since it is such a rare disease, you can imagine how little gets put towards it. I can't imagine having a sick child knowing that little is being done to help him.

Voting on Pepsi Refresh is ONE PER DAY....so if you can please take the 1 minute(less than) per day to click on the button and vote for Matthew?

VOTE ONLINE TODAY (you'll need to create a free account to login, but for this little boy- I thought it was worth it)
(voting has ended- they WON!)

You can vote once per day through November. I've set it as my Home Page so I can vote each day when I log in...or set a calendar reminder. You can also vote from your mobile phone. Text* 104112 to Pepsi (73774) *Standard text messaging rates apply. SO that gives him 2 votes per day.

I don't have a FB page, but if you think it is a worthy cause, please use their FB Links to share the project with others.

Thank you so much!

Because this is one-per-day voting...I'll bump this periodically. :)

Last edited:
*bump*THANKS!!

I'm excited! I just did my vote for today and noticed that this project is now ranked #3 in it's category!! The top 2 receive the $250,000 grants!! SO I'm bumping this again for the weekend crowd. THANK YOU for all who may have voted, and keep it up for Matthew and others like him. My friend, Jeff, must be so excited and nervous. We still have half of the month to go.

Bobbi, I have been voting for a bit now and it was easy enough. I hope others are too!

pampered1224 said:
Bobbi, I have been voting for a bit now and it was easy enough. I hope others are too!

Thanks John! :D

One last bump. VOting can continue through next Tuesday. As of right now, they are in 2nd place- which means if they can hold on to it, they'll win the grant money!I had a chance to meet Matthew last week when we delivered their Cub Scout popcorn order. He is a cutie! He came crawling to the door (he's 3) and was so excited to see other kids he nearly fell out of the door onto his head on the concrete porch. I had to drop my paper to catch him. It was all I could do to contain him...I finally was holding him around his tummy so he could stand (he can't stand on his own) and he was just wanting to move and play! (His mom was writing out the check for the popcorn.) He was so cute....and wasn't very happy when we left. But considering he is three, it was a little heartbreaking to see just some of his limitations. But his spirit is truly amazing.I am thankful for a healthy family, and am hoping you are too and willing ot spend just a FEW mninutes to vote for this project to help this little boy and others like him.Thanks!!

The pepsi refresh site wasn`t mobile friendly to sign up but i was able to text my vote in. it sent a return message saying my vote was accepted. looks the the grant is within reach. How awesome !

PLEASE- if you can vote TONIGHT (before midnight)... the vote is on the bubble! They were running in 2nd place all week, and not with just 2 hours to go have slipped back into 3rd (top 2 win).

THEY WON!!!! a $250,000 grant !
It was a nail-biter at the end...they were in 3rd place all the way up to the end...but after votes were tallied, they just posted this morning that they were a Finalist in 2nd place. Pepsi now will verify the winners, etc....But I'm so happy for Matthew and all of the AHC families. Thank you for everyone who voted!

What is the "Votes Needed to Find a Cure for This Little Boy!" campaign?

The "Votes Needed to Find a Cure for This Little Boy!" campaign is a fundraising effort by Pampered Chef to support a little boy who is battling a serious illness. By voting for his story on our website, you can help us raise money to find a cure for his condition.

How can I vote for "Votes Needed to Find a Cure for This Little Boy!"?

To vote for "Votes Needed to Find a Cure for This Little Boy!", simply visit our website and click on the button that says "Vote Now". You will be directed to a page where you can read the little boy's story and submit your vote by entering your email address.

Is there a limit to how many times I can vote?

Yes, there is a limit of one vote per email address. This is to ensure fairness and prevent any fraudulent voting. However, you can encourage your friends and family to vote as well to help us reach our goal.

How long will the "Votes Needed to Find a Cure for This Little Boy!" campaign run?

The campaign will run for a limited time, so we encourage you to vote as soon as possible. The end date will be announced on our website and social media pages, so be sure to follow us for updates.

What happens to the money raised through this campaign?

All the money raised through the "Votes Needed to Find a Cure for This Little Boy!" campaign will go towards finding a cure for the little boy's condition. We will work with reputable organizations and experts in the field to ensure that the money is used effectively and for the intended purpose.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ginger428
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • slj1229
  • General Chat
Replies