• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grieving the Loss of My Special Little Friend

In summary, Tammy lost her beloved miniature weiner dog this morning and is grieving his loss. She is comforted by others who understand the pain of losing a pet and share their own experiences. She is reminded that pets are like family members and the love they give is unconditional. Tammy is grateful for the support and prayers during this difficult time.
PamperedTammy
Gold Member
I am having a real hard time right now. My dog passed away this morning around 3:30am. He was a miniature weiner dog . He had a good life, I just wish he were still here.:cry: I know it is silly to get upset over a dog, but he was a special little friend. :cry: :cry:

No, I completely understand. It's not silly at all. They do become "children" and we love them like members of the family. I will be praying for God's peace to get you through your loss.

It is not silly!! I love my schnauzers (10 years old and 3 years old) MORE than some of my family!!

You have my condolences... I know how you feel. My 9 yr old Maltese was diagnosed with cancer last year and I was heartbroken. He had surgery and Chemo for 6 weeks and is a year and half cancer free now. THey definitely like our children, I would do anything for him, including going into $6000 worth of debt to keep him alive! So sorry for your loss!

Tammy:

You have my deep sympathy. He wasn't just your dog, he was a member of your family.

We lost our cat 2 years ago, who was with us for 17 years and we still miss her, very much.

I hope you can find some peace knowing that he is in better hands.

So sorry to hear about your loss.....it's not silly at all to be upset like that! I bet you I cried for a month when we put our dog down 6 years ago and I still miss him terribly!

They are members of the family. My heartfelt prayers for you.

Oh Tammy, I am so sorry for your loss! Words can't express my sympathy for you.

It is not at all silly to be so sad, and it may last for a long time. I mourned longer for my 18 year old cat (who I lost 2 years ago this month - and I still miss him terribly) then I did my own Grandparents. I was depressed for a very long time. I even thought I would have to call the Dr. for some help. I want to share this with you so you know you are not alone. I had to look up information on the internet to know I was "normal" about my grief for losing him.

I will be praying for you.

Oh Tammy, you're not silly. They ARE our family. I love wiener dogs!

I still get sad over the loss of my pets because I miss them.

I am so sorry for your loss Why wouldn't we miss our pets - Dogs give us unconditional love. They teach us how we should love. There are lots of people on this list that are big animal lovers. Pets are part of our family.

It isn't silly to miss you pet. As other's have said, they are part of your family. My thoughts are with your during this time.

I am sorry for your loss! :( You have no reason to feel that it's silly to feel so heartbroken! We understand! I will pray for your peace! We only just got our small little dog (she's 1 1/2 yrs old, we addopted her) about 3 weeks ago and she is already such a big part of the family! My son let her off the leash earlier this week and she took off running, when he came in to get me, he was so upset and we couldn't find her for about 20 minutes. I had even called my husband out of desperation and while telling him, I started crying just like my kids were already crying. I ended up finding her shortly after, but I came in the house amazed at how much we already love her!:love:
I will pray for God's peace for you! I also believe God gave everyone dogs and cats as our pets as a sign of his love so that we could have even more love in our lives!;) Again, I'll pray for you, God Bless you and keep you in His love, drawing off of his peace.:angel:

Tammy, I am so sorry to hear that your dog passed away. That is a terrible loss and don't let anyone say "it was just a dog"! Dogs are part of the family and give so much! It will 3 years this October that we lost our "Dusty" and I am still not over his death. We did end up getting his great niece, who has been a blessing but she has not taken his place in our hearts and never will.

No one can take the place of anyone, yes getting another dog has helped us and love having her around to cheer us up, give love and companionship!

Please know that your fellow "cheffers" are mourning with you!

As others have said, it is not silly to be upset over the loss of a pet. They are like family members and losing one is always hard. May memories of the good times comfort you.

Thank you so much for all the encouragement. It really helps to know that there are people out there that do care. I finally got his little body and took to the vet's office. We have asked for him to be cremated. We are planning to take his and my other dogs' ashes to a location Missouri so they can run and play together. They both enjoyed Missouri when we lived there. We will be leaving Nebraska in the next year so this is not home for either one of my dogs. It feels like part of my heart has been removed.:cry: I keep reminding myself that God's grace will see us through this difficult time. My husband has been a good support through all this. So thanks again for all the kind words and prayers.

Please don't feel this is silly at all! Our dog has been gone a year and I still miss her every day! A pet is not just an animal... they become family! I'll be praying for you!

Related to Grieving the Loss of My Special Little Friend

1. How can I cope with the loss of my pet?

Coping with the loss of a beloved pet can be incredibly difficult. Some ways to cope include seeking support from friends and family, joining a pet loss support group, and finding ways to memorialize your pet's memory.

2. How long does the grieving process typically last?

The grieving process is different for everyone and there is no set timeline. It may take weeks, months, or even years to fully process and come to terms with the loss of your pet.

3. Is it normal to feel guilty after my pet's passing?

It is normal to experience feelings of guilt after the loss of a pet. You may question if you did enough or if there was something more you could have done. It is important to remember that you provided your pet with love and care throughout their life and that is what truly matters.

4. How can I explain my pet's passing to my children?

Explaining the loss of a pet to children can be challenging. It is important to be honest and open with them, but also to use age-appropriate language. Encourage them to express their feelings and offer them comfort and support.

5. Are there any rituals or ceremonies I can do to honor my pet's memory?

There are many ways to honor your pet's memory, such as creating a scrapbook or photo album, planting a tree or flowers in their memory, or making a donation to a pet charity. You can also hold a small ceremony with friends and family to say goodbye and celebrate your pet's life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • candiejayne
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • smspamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies