• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Highly Disappointed in Pampered Chef

In summary, many consultants are offended by Pampered Chef's promotion of Best Buy and offer a promotion in conjunction with the less-than-honorable business.
All but 3 of the verses quoted, are from the Old Testament which is before Jesus shed His blood on the cross for us.
All of the verses were used out of context, but I guess that's what educated people do. The New Testament verses referred to divorce and modesty. Although society accepts both of those things, The bible is repeatedly clear about them.
Heaven is a place reserved for those who Know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Heaven is not a place for good people, or those without sin. I am a sinner, but I know, without a doubt that I will one day be seated at His feet.

You obviously have strong beliefs, as do I, and we aren't going to agree.

Thank you for your comments, Leslie. Am I to assume then that the teachings of the Old Testament are passe? They were improved upon in Bible II: The New Testament?I'm glad that Jesus shed his blood for you. As a Jew, I think he was a nice guy who disappointed his mother by not becoming a Doctor. I am happy that you truly believe that you will one day be seated at Jesus's feet. You are correct what we each have strong beliefs. I agree we should agree to disagree. That's what educated people do.

It is obvious that with such a large group of people, there will always be differing opinions regarding issues of politics, morals, religion, etc. The one common ground we all have is that we are adults. That doesn't mean that we can't share our beliefs, or even debate them, but as Dave said "I agree we should agree to disagree."
We could argue, debate, discuss, or beat this to death until the end of time, but nothing more than ill will and feelings will be the result.

Ah, but Dave, he hung out with a doctor (he wrote Luke and Acts, after all) as well as a tax collector. My guess is had he walked the earth in this day, he would have hung out with car salesmen and journalists, but that's another discussion.Christians believe that Jesus fulfilled the law by doing something we can't do ... live a perfect life and die for us.
We could argue, debate, discuss, or beat this to death until the end of time, but nothing more than ill will and feelings will be the result.
I agree ... which is why I agree we need to agree to disagree. I know that these kinds of discussions tend to become the kind of conversations where people attack others. I would hate to see that happen to us here, so I will abide by 2 Timothy 2:23: "Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels." :)

:sing:
taterbug said:
It is obvious that with such a large group of people, there will always be differing opinions regarding issues of politics, morals, religion, etc. The one common ground we all have is that we are adults. That doesn't mean that we can't share our beliefs, or even debate them, but as Dave said "I agree we should agree to disagree."

Well said. I have some strong opinions on the subject matter had hand as well, but since we are discussing PC will keep it there.

I AM EXCITED about the BB cards b/c I plan to use mine to get Christmas gifts--1st one for me :D wii Just Dance 2---any one have Just Dance 1? It's sooooo much fun!

Last time they were offered, I used mine to upgrade my MS Office software. Combined it with a sale & got it for only $50 :sing:

If you don't have BB or don't like them can't you trade the card on one of those exchange gift card sites? or better yet give it to your down line as an incentive.

That is a good idea Barb! Trading the card would be a good way to resolve that issue. either way it is still an incentive. Some sort of a goal helps reach further and really, if you use them as bench marks in your climb to a trip, it is a good way to track your progress.
And no, I am not going to mention that other discussion again. We should all be old enough to agree to disagree, including me.

Choice? a choice to shop where you want YES but it is no choice to be homosexual. I see some make a choice of what verse of the bible they chose to believe and which they chose to leave out. New testament....."love one another"
By chosing to judge others or judging their behavior is sinful in my point of view...oops I judged but I love all of you because I am blessed with the holy spirit and can forgive the harsh words used in this thread. God Bless You All dear PC friends!

RMDave said:
As a Jew, I think he was a nice guy who disappointed his mother by not becoming a Doctor."

That's offensive-just saying.

RMDave said:
I'm glad that Jesus shed his blood for you.

He shed his blood for you, too. Honestly, I don't know how this thread went from talking about boycotting a store that quite possibly donates to anti-homosexual activities to bashing Jesus and other people's religion. I am deeply offended over this and really thinking of cancelling my subscription because it allows Jesus-bashing (that sounds really bad, huh? Almost like boycotting stores). We are supposed to be allowed to have our own beliefs in this country and yet, we are condemned if they aren't liberal beliefs. Not everyone agrees with your lifestyle. No, I don't believe it's a choice, but it's a lifestyle that some people find hard to comprehend. And yes, you can "love the sinner, but not the sin." Adultery is a sin. My father is an adulterer, but I love him to pieces. So I can't love him because of his actions? This thread has just gotten silly! If you have a problem with Pampered Chef then take it up with Pampered Chef. Stop stirring the pot and trying to persuade people to join your cause. You had to have known that posting what you did in the very beginning would get people very riled. Again, I was totally respectful of your belief until you started Jesus-bashing. That's something that offends me, and probably others out there. So you don't want to be offended, but you see no problem in doing it to others.

Kelly8 said:
RMDave said:
As a Jew, I think he was a nice guy who disappointed his mother by not becoming a Doctor."

YES, it IS offensive.
I guess it is expected that we are tolerant and politically correct and if we are not, and actually speak our mind about something that may differ, then we are labeled insensitive haters, but when the shoe comes back around we are just supposed to lay down our beliefs and take a comment like that. To those who do not believe in Jesus, or agree with the teachings, or whatever your beliefs may or may NOT be, does NOT give anyone the right to mock and belittle what others believe.

OK, first off, the Jesus-Doctor comment was hilarious. It's a knock on Jews, not on Jesus.

Secondly, I just have to jump in here with something that's going to create more controversy.

"butt cut"?

What??

Hey, here's a tip.

Don't Google "butt cut"

Trust me on this one. Just don't.

Jean DeVries said:
Hey, here's a tip.

Don't Google "butt cut"

Trust me on this one. Just don't.

LMAO! -Jean, you simply MUST pop in CS more often! :p

If I stopped shopping at places based on things like this there would be almost nowhere to shop. Large business suport more causes that people do and do not disagree with that people will never know. I have friends that have chosen an alternative lifestyle. I do not agree but nor do I judge. In every situation there is going to be a villian and a good guy based on your personal beliefs and values and not everyone will agree. I am pretty sure PC did not seek out Best Buy based on a sizeable donation they may or may not have made to someone who does not support an alternative lifestyle. Also, take into consideration that the person that actually made the donation does not reflect the opinion of every employee and stockholder in the company. Just my 2 cents to keep it interesting

Nanisu said:
Ok, can we get back to discussing Pampered Chef now? This thread could go down a very dark road and I don't want to clog up the board with this discussion.

You called it, girlfriend. I think we are on the dark road.:(

Last time we had BB cards, I used it to purchase a gift from the "Giving tree"and donated a great gift to a very appreciative child. Thought for some who may not want to use it. (FYI- I ordered online because I don't have one near me. It was shipped right to me).

lockhartkitchen said:
Last time we had BB cards, I used it to purchase a gift from the "Giving tree"and donated a great gift to a very appreciative child. Thought for some who may not want to use it. (FYI- I ordered online because I don't have one near me. It was shipped right to me).

Julie--I love this idea! Thanks for posting.

I have a suggestion for everyone who is offended. STOP READING THIS THREAD. It's that simple.

There are lots of other things we can talk about.

Oh look! A puppy! Wonder if he has a butt cut?

Intrepid - check to see when he walks away from this post!

I guess my thought is, wherever you fall on the side of any issue: Imagine if you found out that a store you like contributes to an organization that is totally against who you are. Imagine how hurtful that would be.

I guess I have to agree ... I find it interesting that people who fully backed the Disney boycott and the Target boycott during the beginning of the Iraq war (b/c of France) now stand on the other side of this issue.

In other words, some believe it's OK to boycott a store when they disagree w/you but are against boycotts when they are on the other side of the issue.

End of discussion ... look, a puppy!

A puppy. A puppy!

PamperedChefLayla said:
If I stopped shopping at places based on things like this there would be almost nowhere to shop. Large business suport more causes that people do and do not disagree with that people will never know. I have friends that have chosen an alternative lifestyle. I do not agree but nor do I judge. In every situation there is going to be a villian and a good guy based on your personal beliefs and values and not everyone will agree. I am pretty sure PC did not seek out Best Buy based on a sizeable donation they may or may not have made to someone who does not support an alternative lifestyle. Also, take into consideration that the person that actually made the donation does not reflect the opinion of every employee and stockholder in the company. Just my 2 cents to keep it interesting

I agree both sides need to be more tolerant.

Kelly8 said:
RMDave said:

Nope, that is pretty damn funny.

Okay, anyone who earns BB gift cards and doesn't want it I am open! I am not boycotting Best Buy, so if you earn one and will not use it I can take it off your hands. Good luck everyone!

Chef Kearns said:
Okay, anyone who earns BB gift cards and doesn't want it I am open! I am not boycotting Best Buy, so if you earn one and will not use it I can take it off your hands. Good luck everyone!

LOL! Way to work it, Sandra!

Girl, I got to get in where I fit in. This is a deep topic. People are not going to be swayed if they have their mind made up. I have very strong views, but am choosing not to voice them. Why bicker?!?! If you don't want it, I DO!

Chef Kearns said:
Girl, I got to get in where I fit in. This is a deep topic. People are not going to be swayed if they have their mind made up. I have very strong views, but am choosing not to voice them. Why bicker?!?! If you don't want it, I DO!

I'm using mine. :D Those BB gift cards are going to get my family a Wii for Christmas!

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm using mine. :D Those BB gift cards are going to get my family a Wii for Christmas!

Where's the "like" button?:sing:

we will not shop their anymore either. We tried to buy something and they wanted out SS card number and my husband and I walked out. I do not know if they still ask for your SS number or not because we have never been back. My husband was not to happy to here the gift card was from them. Not that I will not use it because I will. But I would rather it was a visa. :)

ChefBeckyD said:

Becky:

I have a 5 & 8 yr. Boys. We love these family games:

Just Dance 1 or 2 (both are great)
New Mario Brothers
Mario Cart

We have lots of other games but these are the ones we play as a family. Invest in extra controllers too. We started off with 2. Santa gave Mom & Dad each one last yr. in our stockings.:sing:

flemings99 said:
Becky:

I have a 5 & 8 yr. Boys. We love these family games:

Just Dance 1 or 2 (both are great)
New Mario Brothers
Mario Cart

We have lots of other games but these are the ones we play as a family. Invest in extra controllers too. We started off with 2. Santa gave Mom & Dad each one last yr. in our stockings.:sing:

Thank you for those tips! I was just looking at games and wondering...and it's good to know about the controllers!

MarioKart and Wii Sports Resort are HUGE around here. Our boys are very similar from what I can gather. :)

I also recommend you get the rechargeable battery pack and charging station. Those suckers go through regular batteries like crazy, so we got the charging station several months later--when I got sick and tired of changing the batteries. ;)

DebbieJ said:
MarioKart and Wii Sports Resort are HUGE around here. Our boys are very similar from what I can gather. :)

We don't have the sports resort yet, but have already got them mario/sonic at the Olympic games for x-mas this yr. They also like Lego batman, Lego star wars, hot wheels battle force 5, Mario party 8 (but it takes forever to play--like an hr.+) They also like to play some of the wii fit plus games.

We spend WAY TOOO much time on the Wii.:blushing:

Watch the ads, they'll put them BOBO, ToyRus usually has the best sales on the games.

The new kirby yarn game is so much fun. My two year old laughed and laughed while my husband & I played! He usually will not let us play anything. He has to watch HoHo(Ni Hai Kia Lan) before bed.

<h2>1. Why is Pampered Chef promoting Best Buy and offering a promotion with them?</h2><p>Pampered Chef is promoting Best Buy and offering a promotion with them as part of a marketing strategy to attract more customers. By partnering with a well-known brand like Best Buy, Pampered Chef can potentially reach a wider audience and increase sales.</p><h2>2. What is the controversy surrounding Best Buy's political donations?</h2><p>Best Buy, along with Target, made political donations to a PAC that supports a Republican candidate for governor in Minnesota. The candidate has been criticized for his anti-gay views and ties to an anti-gay Christian rock band, causing backlash against Best Buy and Target for their support.</p><h2>3. How is Pampered Chef involved in this controversy?</h2><p>Pampered Chef is indirectly involved in the controversy because of their partnership with Best Buy. Some Pampered Chef consultants and customers are unhappy with the company's association with Best Buy due to their political donations.</p><h2>4. What is the potential impact of this controversy on Pampered Chef?</h2><p>The controversy surrounding Best Buy's political donations could potentially have a negative impact on Pampered Chef's reputation and sales. Customers and consultants who are offended by the donations may choose to stop supporting Pampered Chef, leading to a loss of business.</p><h2>5. What can I do if I am unhappy with Pampered Chef's partnership with Best Buy?</h2><p>If you are unhappy with Pampered Chef's partnership with Best Buy, you can voice your concerns to HQ and let them know how you feel about the issue. You can also choose to no longer support Pampered Chef and share your thoughts with others to raise awareness about the controversy.</p>

1. Why is Pampered Chef promoting Best Buy and offering a promotion with them?

Pampered Chef is promoting Best Buy and offering a promotion with them as part of a marketing strategy to attract more customers. By partnering with a well-known brand like Best Buy, Pampered Chef can potentially reach a wider audience and increase sales.

2. What is the controversy surrounding Best Buy's political donations?

Best Buy, along with Target, made political donations to a PAC that supports a Republican candidate for governor in Minnesota. The candidate has been criticized for his anti-gay views and ties to an anti-gay Christian rock band, causing backlash against Best Buy and Target for their support.

3. How is Pampered Chef involved in this controversy?

Pampered Chef is indirectly involved in the controversy because of their partnership with Best Buy. Some Pampered Chef consultants and customers are unhappy with the company's association with Best Buy due to their political donations.

4. What is the potential impact of this controversy on Pampered Chef?

The controversy surrounding Best Buy's political donations could potentially have a negative impact on Pampered Chef's reputation and sales. Customers and consultants who are offended by the donations may choose to stop supporting Pampered Chef, leading to a loss of business.

5. What can I do if I am unhappy with Pampered Chef's partnership with Best Buy?

If you are unhappy with Pampered Chef's partnership with Best Buy, you can voice your concerns to HQ and let them know how you feel about the issue. You can also choose to no longer support Pampered Chef and share your thoughts with others to raise awareness about the controversy.

Back