• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing Pampered Chef in the Time of Coronavirus

In summary, Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business with social distancing? How are you managing? Is anyone doing virtual parties? Please provide tips, advice and discussion on running your PC party with the pandemic. Thanks!!Our group is going to try online freezer meal parties, one for family meals and one for kids.I have ramped up my Facebook shows, enjoying connecting with folks that way for now.Good morning! I am still having Virtual parties on Facebook. I am retired so my goals are not lofty, but I am meeting them. I am at $1200 in sales for March and $400 already for April. I've booked another
Admin Greg
Staff member
Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business with social distancing? How are you managing? Is anyone doing virtual parties? Please provide tips, advice and discussion on running your PC party with the pandemic. Thanks!!

Last edited:
I have ramped up my Facebook shows, enjoying connecting with folks that way for now.

Good morning! I am still having Virtual parties on Facebook. I am retired so my goals are not lofty, but I am meeting them. I am at $1200 in sales for March and $400 already for April. I've booked another VP for April. Ironically, I only usually do 1-2 Cooking Shows a year, but I had 2 Cooking Shows booked for March. One is contemplating a VP , also she is working towards a new set of pans and with the lack of the Stainless Steel pans, we may move her Cooking Show to May. The other is our RV salesman and he is not sure about a VP, would rather show off his new kitchen in a Cooking Show. Will get that one nailed down today, when we pick up our RV!
So I'm still moving along...but, again, I'm in "turtle"mode anyway, so...
My Director friend is still working her business...goals of 100K this year...she is staying on track... Yay!!

How are you booking during this time? I need to fill April & May but no one wants to spend extra money when they don't know if they have a job tomorrow.

Teresa Wright said:
How are you booking during this time? I need to fill April & May but no one wants to spend extra money when they don't know if they have a job tomorrow.
Honestly, I have no sure fire way of booking. One of my mentors suggested making "How are you calls" to past guests. Just to check in on them, how they like their new products and how they are doing in the pandemic era. This has led to some orders. But the 2 bookings that led to April shows were just by chance. One was a completely new host, she was added to my VIP page during my January Mystery Host show. And just decided she needed the Air Fryer. I got another booking from her show, her cousin, who also wants and Air Fryer. The first show, ended up closing on April 2nd at $1195. Her cousins show starts next week and will close on April 29th. Then a 2nd show booked was a past guest, who just decided she needed some things. Her show will close on Monday and is at $1095 right now, with a few more expected orders. I have 3 bookings from this show....one that will start the end of April but will close on May 12th, she wants the Air Fryer too. And then another in May, and another that will start the end of May and close on June 2nd... I have a show from a February show, my daughter did for me, and it starts this next week also. Oh, and my niece's show starts next week also, she booked from my daughter's show in February. I always use the Booking posts from the Pampered Chef Virtual Party albums. Currently they are the Easter Bunny, that makes into a bread bowl for dip for veggies. I have been going Live in my shows and that seems to help...they love seeing my kitchen. Monday, last day of show,I will do a walk around my kitchen Live. My kitchen is set up as a Pampered Chef event. LOL!! I love showing my kitchen and the way I have it set up! Power Tool counter, Baking/Wooden tool counter. And my stainless steel shelf with all my baking pans set up, Rockcroks next shelf, Entertaining set, next shelf and the Stoneware in a wooden crate on the bottom. Then I move over to my wine rack with my Wine tools and Cocktail tools. We rarely drink...but I like the tools! LOL!!
So I don't know what I'm doing...exactly... but it seems to be working. I am not aiming for $100K in sales, but I do want to do consistently $3K a month, to support my sewing/quilting habit and pay my AMEX bill.

Teresa Wright said:
I am no longer a consultant (was one for 10 years though), but might I make a suggestion to someone trying to get people to book a virtual party? I was always a resistant host.. :) Ironic, I know! But over the last few months, my sister-in-law, who was on my team a few years ago, then came back after I had left the biz....she's a consultant now and does all of her work as virtual parties due to health issues. Anyway, she regularly posts Facebook Live videos (and regular videos, if LIVE is not your style...but live lets you interact with the viewers!). They are 5-15 minutes in length- but most are 5-10 minutes long. She was demoing the Cooker, the Air Fryer, the blender, as well as lots of other items. She's made bread, cookies, brownies, dips, rotisserie chicken, cakes, you name it.... But she usually highlights the electric products in some way. When those products first came out from PC (after I had left), I was skeptical. Expensive, seemed like something everyone had out there etc. Anyway....after watching her videos showing different recipes and the different uses for ONE machine (which is not what the box stores sell...they are one-job products for the same price).....I was hooked! Now I'm doing a virtual party with her later this month. She also does little things - like the microwave sandwich maker, the egg cooker, etc. maybe if you do regular videos, it might get some friends to do a show. At the very least, if you mix in some "regular" recipes that aren't using a SPECIAL product, they will start watching just for the recipes. Then they watch the other videos and maybe end up like me...."Gotta have that!". If your business facebook page is public, you might get other people. Right now, people are stuck inside and probably on FB and social media more than usual. They are looking for new ways to cook, to try new recipes, or maybe to just put basic food items on their table that they can't get in the store (ie- bread). Or they just need comfort food and normalcy. Clearly there will be those who can't afford to buy product, but don't assume. You just need 1 or 2 people, right?Good luck!!

GloriaR said:
our group is going to try online freezer meal parties, one for family meals and one for kids
I just signed up as a new consultant. I'm curious how this is going for you?

I am a returning consultant. I've had only 2 orders and one show booked then Covid started and right now with the uncertainty of jobs and stay home and safe orders, its been a challenge.I live in a senior retirement community , We just had the notice that 4 members of the community
Have tested positive and 15 others have been exposed.
I haven't been able to make any sales.
I'm learning the new products and doing the training videos.
Can anyone suggest any tips?

esavvymom said:
I am no longer a consultant (was one for 10 years though), but might I make a suggestion to someone trying to get people to book a virtual party? I was always a resistant host.. :) Ironic, I know! But over the last few months, my sister-in-law, who was on my team a few years ago, then came back after I had left the biz....she's a consultant now and does all of her work as virtual parties due to health issues. Anyway, she regularly posts Facebook Live videos (and regular videos, if LIVE is not your style...but live lets you interact with the viewers!). They are 5-15 minutes in length- but most are 5-10 minutes long. She was demoing the Cooker, the Air Fryer, the blender, as well as lots of other items. She's made bread, cookies, brownies, dips, rotisserie chicken, cakes, you name it.... But she usually highlights the electric products in some way. When those products first came out from PC (after I had left), I was skeptical. Expensive, seemed like something everyone had out there etc. Anyway....after watching her videos showing different recipes and the different uses for ONE machine (which is not what the box stores sell...they are one-job products for the same price).....I was hooked! Now I'm doing a virtual party with her later this month. She also does little things - like the microwave sandwich maker, the egg cooker, etc. maybe if you do regular videos, it might get some friends to do a show. At the very least, if you mix in some "regular" recipes that aren't using a SPECIAL product, they will start watching just for the recipes. Then they watch the other videos and maybe end up like me...."Gotta have that!". If your business facebook page is public, you might get other people. Right now, people are stuck inside and probably on FB and social media more than usual. They are looking for new ways to cook, to try new recipes, or maybe to just put basic food items on their table that they can't get in the store (ie- bread). Or they just need comfort food and normalcy. Clearly there will be those who can't afford to buy product, but don't assume. You just need 1 or 2 people, right?Good luck!!
So nice to "see" you!

1. How has the coronavirus affected Pampered Chef's operations?

Pampered Chef has implemented several measures to ensure the safety of our employees and customers during this time. Our corporate offices are currently closed, and all employees are working remotely. We have also implemented strict sanitation practices at our distribution center and are closely monitoring the situation to make any necessary changes to our operations.

2. Are Pampered Chef products still available for purchase?

Yes, our products are still available for purchase through our website and through our independent consultants. However, due to high demand and potential supply chain disruptions, some products may be temporarily out of stock. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

3. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party or attend a cooking demonstration?

Unfortunately, we have suspended all in-person parties and cooking demonstrations until further notice to comply with social distancing guidelines. However, our consultants are still able to host virtual parties and demonstrations, so you can still enjoy the Pampered Chef experience from the comfort of your own home.

4. How is Pampered Chef supporting its independent consultants during this time?

We are committed to supporting our consultants during this difficult time. We have waived all monthly fees and are providing additional resources and training to help them adapt their businesses to the current situation. We are also offering virtual party and demonstration options to help them continue to earn income.

5. Can I still return or exchange a Pampered Chef product?

Yes, we are still processing returns and exchanges for products purchased directly from Pampered Chef within our standard 30-day return policy. However, please note that there may be delays in processing due to the current situation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies