• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Low Can One Get? Burglar Steals From Toddler's Piggy Bank

I can't imagine how scared that mother must have been when she saw the light turn on and went to investigate. It's terrifying to think that someone could sneak into your home while your children are sleeping. In summary, a 30-year-old man was charged with stealing $20 from a 2-year-old girl's piggy bank in Sheboygan Falls. The man was caught on camera by the girl's mother and fled before authorities arrived. DNA evidence linked the man to the crime and he faces up to nine years, six months in prison if convicted. The man has a history of criminal offenses and possibly a drug addiction. This incident serves as a reminder of the dangers of drugs and the importance of teaching children about their harmful effects.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Posted January 4, 2008

Man charged with stealing from 2-year-old's piggy bank

Link: http://www.sheboygan-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080104/SHE0101/801040517/1973

A 30-year-old Sheboygan Falls man snuck into the bedroom of a sleeping 2-year-old girl and stole $20 from her piggy bank, officials said Thursday.

http://cmsimg.sheboygan-press.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=U0&Date=20080104&Category=SHE0101&ArtNo=801040517&Ref=AR&Profile=1973&MaxW=300

Charges were filed in the case Thursday after DNA evidence linked the Aug. 10 crime to Ryan A. Mueller, of 226-A Poplar St., according to a criminal complaint. Mueller faces up to nine years, six months in prison if convicted on a charge of felony burglary.

According to authorities:

The girl's mother told police she was with her 1-year-old daughter in another room when she saw a light turn on and went to investigate. She walked into the 2-year-old's room to find Mueller shaking the piggy bank as the girl slept in her bed.

Mueller fled before authorities arrived at the home, which is in the 4200 block of South 12th Street in the Town of Wilson. He left the piggy bank behind but took the money.

Technicians at the state crime lab matched blood drops found on a window blind to Mueller, who had forced his way into the home through a window screen.

That area of the state is getting crazier by the day...

Of course, up here is quite interesting too...

DrugsI can only imagine this lost soul is addicted to drugs. It will turn a person into an uncaring, thoughtless, thief who only cares about their next fix.

So sad. But a great lesson to show our kids of what happens when drugs are in the picture.

Good thing dad didn't have a gun!

Debbie :D

Well, let's see, he is 30 years old, has 3 open cases for burgulary (Sept - Jan). Has a whole list of OWIs and has a rap sheet a mile long from since he turned 18 of alcohol, traffic, burgulary, and battery offenses. I'd say he's hitting bottom or getting there...what a waste of over a decade of your life...

Wow, how sad.

I'm just glad that's all he took and the 3 of them are safe!

He has one redeeming value - he left the bank behind.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
He has one redeeming value - he left the bank behind.

Probably because it was a pig and reminded him of his time in the police stations...

I know, that was pretty bad...
:rolleyes:

Happened to Me...I was a little older (11 I think), and my mom had surgery so she was unable to clean the house for many weeks...my dad hired a maid service (bonded at that) to clean the house. I just had my birthday and was saving my money for a TV and I had almost $100 saved in my room in a cup with a lid, on a shelf not far from my ceiling (where I kept some collectibles and trinkets)...long story short, the maid took the money, b/c it was there before she came, and Dad just happen to be taking me to buy the TV after she left...before she left we noticed the money was gone, and the maid company wouldn't/couldn't do anything because no one saw her take the money and we violated her rights by asking to look in her purse and pockets. Needless to say I was out of the money, and my parents never hired a maid again.

It sucked (needless to say), but I have no idea what was going on in this woman's life...obviously she needed the money more than I did so I just hope she used for it for something good like feeding her kids or paying bills (I know I've stupidly optimistic).

Kitchen2u said:
I'm just glad that's all he took and the 3 of them are safe!

I totally agree! First thing I thought was, "Thank God he didn't hurt them!!"

Related to How Low Can One Get? Burglar Steals From Toddler's Piggy Bank

1. How common is theft from children's piggy banks?

Unfortunately, theft from children's piggy banks is not uncommon. It is often seen as an easy target for thieves as they may assume that there is a large sum of money inside.

2. How can I prevent someone from stealing from my child's piggy bank?

There are a few steps you can take to prevent theft from your child's piggy bank. First, make sure to keep the piggy bank in a secure and hidden location. You can also consider getting a piggy bank with a lock or using a safe deposit box for storing your child's savings. Additionally, try to avoid letting others know about your child's piggy bank and its location.

3. What should I do if my child's piggy bank has been stolen from?

If your child's piggy bank has been stolen from, it is important to report it to the proper authorities. You can also try to gather any information or evidence that may help with recovering the stolen money. It is also a good idea to talk to your child about the situation and reassure them that it is not their fault.

4. Is it worth it to invest in a more expensive piggy bank with a lock?

Investing in a piggy bank with a lock can be a good idea if you want to ensure the safety of your child's savings. However, it is important to remember that no piggy bank or safe is completely foolproof. It is also important to teach your child about the value of money and the importance of saving, rather than solely relying on a lock for protection.

5. How can I teach my child about the importance of saving money?

One way to teach your child about the importance of saving money is by setting a good example yourself. Show them how you save money and explain the benefits of having savings. You can also involve them in the process by letting them help you set savings goals and make decisions about where to put their money. Encouraging them to save a portion of their allowance or earnings can also help instill good saving habits.

Back