• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Believe She Did This to Me!

In summary, the partygoer's stepmother booked a show and wanted to close the party before it started, and the partygoer told her that she would talk to her on Thanksgiving. The stepmother said that her daughter's check cleared, and the partygoer referred her to the jewelry lady. The partygoer says that she will talk to her on Thanksgiving, but she is not going to swap parties again.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
For all those who warned me about my jewelry party, you are now free to say you told me so.

A couple of weeks ago, my stepmother (who, between her and my stepsister, made up more than half of the sales from my recent my jewelry party) called to say she couldn't order until after the holidays. So I called the jewelry lady (who, by the way, still hasn't closed her PC show.) I said the call couldn't have come at a better time because my car repairs had thrown everything out of whack.

So I called her ... she pointed out that my stepmother had booked a show and she would rather have her show than her order ... I said I'd see her on Thanksgiving and we would talk some time this week.

Today my stepmother calls me to say that she and her daughter had checked their accounts and both checks had cleared!

Stepmom calls me and I referred her to the jewelry lady ... who said she would call the company, cancel the order and get a refund. She correctly pointed out that we'd agreed to talk but she turned in the order because she hadn't heard from me. Um, excuse me, but what part of put the party on hold did she not get?

This woman was going to talke more than half the sales from my party away from me and give me nothing for it ... how in the world did she think I was going to pull a party out of the air to close it? She must have combined me with another show.

And then she has the nerve to tell my stepmother that she has orders for her PC and tried to call me. Um, my phone has not rung!

It will all work out ... but meanwhile ... GRRRR!

wow. I have no positive words to offer on this one. She sounds like a sweetheart! Just think how great it is that you run your business with ethics. So many don't.

You knew this party was going to be a pain from day one...so sorry you are going through this!!

1. Never swap parties.2. I'd consider calling the jewelry company yourself, explain what happened and the size of your show and ask directly if it got combined "without permission".

Yup, I'm not going to swap parties again, especially for jewelry.Thing is, I have 2 bookings from this PC show ... all in Feb/March ... and she is interested in another one in the summer! Um, OK, but not if it means I have to do another jewelry show ... I'd rather not waste her time or mine.I'm probably just going to talk to her first ... she is arranging for a refund ... I DO want to make the jewelry show pan out for January since I do feel bad she invested so much time in it ... I hope she can explain that it was a simple mixup and not a malicious thing.

janetupnorth said:
1. Never swap parties.

Totally agree - still in my 1st 90 days and have learned this one the very hard way.

I will share and maybe, just maybe, I can bless and release this one.

I agreed to swap a wine party for PC with co-worker of DH. Book my party, PAY, yes PAY $59, and briefly glance at what I will receive - free bottle of wine, discounted products, etc. Discuss booking PC party - she is not sure when she wants to do it.

Great -I am not a confrontational person - let it go and figure we will work it out as it gets closer. The week of my party when I bring up the subject again, she says she really doesn't think that will work for her but she will let me know Saturday (day of party).

Day of party: after my vendor show I rush home with about an hour plus to get everything ready - glasses, display cheeses she told me to purchase for each wine (6), crackers, grapes, and all my other heavy appetizers, etc

Party starts: I am up and down trying to be host - these are my close friends who know me and know I am not obnoxious, down your throat sales and don't expect that from a party I have invited them to - She makes it clear to everyone how tired she is and what along day it has been, etc.

The wine turns out to be AWFUL, I have never had a Pinot or Merlot that I could not drink - maybe some were better than others - but I had to spit these out. There is a long history of each label and the vinyard. Talks about a wine club, blah, blah.

Show is over - she ask which bottle of free wine I would like - I told her I really did not care for any of them but I guessed the Cabernet was the least offensive and she writes it down - never looked up at me and says - "OK, and you want the wine club.." I had to interrupt her and say "No, I never even mentioned the wine club to you - I do not want that" She was shocked! "Are you sure?"

Next day - she calls - I am so sorry but I was wrong and we can no longer give free bottle of wine (long explanation) so I can't get your Merlot. So, I am going to sign you up for the wine club. <fuming> NO, I do NOT want the wine club! And I requested the Cabernet.

AAArgh! Anyway, I called all my friends and apologized and find out she called one of them 15 times in 2 days, harassed them at the party with "Come on mailman, help me out - I know you have money" (I am good friends with our mail carrier and he was invited), all the stories that were told about the labels and vineyards are bogus - none of them exist as she explained it - they must be labels from vineyards, obviously, but not how she explained and they cannot be located on the internet.

Worst wine and worst party ever. I have already scheduled another swap (makeup) and will go through with that one but NEVER again!

I paid $59 for someone to harass my friends and get 6 leftover bottles of crappy wine. This made me appreciate MY business and realize at an even larger level what a gift our business is to people. I am so lucky! Thank you, PC.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Tara, I cannot believe this!
Why did you have to PAY $59 plus provide cheese and everything? What was the charge for of $59?
That is so unprofessional, what did everyone else think of the wine? Did you get any sales from this party?

Did the wine lady schedule her PC show or did that go out the window?

I won't really swap parties either...

chefsteph07 said:
Tara, I cannot believe this!
Why did you have to PAY $59 plus provide cheese and everything? What was the charge for of $59?
That is so unprofessional, what did everyone else think of the wine? Did you get any sales from this party?

Did the wine lady schedule her PC show or did that go out the window?

I won't really swap parties either...

The $59 was for the 6 bottles we were sampling. Did SHE get any sales? She said she got 2 parties and several wine club bookings (I guess so!)

Everyone I talked to thought the wine was awful. I even asked someone that did not attend my party about her wine (this was just yesterday, actually) and she looked at me and (I could tell she was trying to figure out if I liked it and if she could be honest) finally said NO -it was awful! So, now I know I am justified in saying it was bad wine.

Totally out the window. I tried to call her and tell her to stop calling my friends and she wouldn't return my call. Very frustrating.

However, I did see her at a party recently - which is what dredged all this up in me - and we were cordial. I just won't do business with her ever again. Burn me once, shame on you - Burn me twice, shame on me.

But, the Lord teaches forgiveness and I am working so hard on forgiving that experience. Obviously not very successful since I am still yapping about it!

SeeMe4PC said:
Totally agree - still in my 1st 90 days and have learned this one the very hard way.

I will share and maybe, just maybe, I can bless and release this one.

I agreed to swap a wine party for PC with co-worker of DH. Book my party, PAY, yes PAY $59, and briefly glance at what I will receive - free bottle of wine, discounted products, etc. Discuss booking PC party - she is not sure when she wants to do it.

Great -I am not a confrontational person - let it go and figure we will work it out as it gets closer. The week of my party when I bring up the subject again, she says she really doesn't think that will work for her but she will let me know Saturday (day of party).

Day of party: after my vendor show I rush home with about an hour plus to get everything ready - glasses, display cheeses she told me to purchase for each wine (6), crackers, grapes, and all my other heavy appetizers, etc

Party starts: I am up and down trying to be host - these are my close friends who know me and know I am not obnoxious, down your throat sales and don't expect that from a party I have invited them to - She makes it clear to everyone how tired she is and what along day it has been, etc.

The wine turns out to be AWFUL, I have never had a Pinot or Merlot that I could not drink - maybe some were better than others - but I had to spit these out. There is a long history of each label and the vinyard. Talks about a wine club, blah, blah.

Show is over - she ask which bottle of free wine I would like - I told her I really did not care for any of them but I guessed the Cabernet was the least offensive and she writes it down - never looked up at me and says - "OK, and you want the wine club.." I had to interrupt her and say "No, I never even mentioned the wine club to you - I do not want that" She was shocked! "Are you sure?"

Next day - she calls - I am so sorry but I was wrong and we can no longer give free bottle of wine (long explanation) so I can't get your Merlot. So, I am going to sign you up for the wine club. <fuming> NO, I do NOT want the wine club! And I requested the Cabernet.

AAArgh! Anyway, I called all my friends and apologized and find out she called one of them 15 times in 2 days, harassed them at the party with "Come on mailman, help me out - I know you have money" (I am good friends with our mail carrier and he was invited), all the stories that were told about the labels and vineyards are bogus - none of them exist as she explained it - they must be labels from vineyards, obviously, but not how she explained and they cannot be located on the internet.

Worst wine and worst party ever. I have already scheduled another swap (makeup) and will go through with that one but NEVER again!

I paid $59 for someone to harass my friends and get 6 leftover bottles of crappy wine. This made me appreciate MY business and realize at an even larger level what a gift our business is to people. I am so lucky! Thank you, PC.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I would call this companies head office and explain your situation and see if this really how the host benefits work. Something just doesn't sound right.

For all those who have been following this saga, you are going to LOVE the latest:* I called her last week. In response, she sent a snarky e-mail claiming I said nothing about canceling the orders (she was right about my stepsister but I was very clear my stepmother was broke until after the holidays.) Also claimed she had called and got "no response." OK, so sometimes my cel does not ring, but that does not give her an excuse for not leaving a voice mail.) I sent a reply that was as sweet as pie, encouraging her to send the other orders, claim her FREE product, and let me know if she wants any specials.Today I leave her a voice mail AND e-mail, stating that if I do not hear from her by Wednesday, I will go ahead and submit the orders, combine them into one and send them all to her house.This is the text of the latest snarky e-mail:
WELL DIANE,

IT SEEMS IN YOUR LAST MESSAGES THAT YOU MADE SURE YOU CAN WORK A SHOW INTO FOR YOURSELF, BUT IT REALLY HAS LEFT ME WITH NOTHING TO SHOW FOR THIS WHOLE MESS. TELL ME HOW THAT IS A FAIR TRADE.

ANITA
Um, excuse me ... she took host credit for MY orders that were on hold, I am begging her to claim her free products so I don't do the same, and I am cheating her?I sent another sweet reply stating that I COULD but only if I spent money and at this point, I'd be willing to buy her a $6 item to get her show to qualify and get her free product and specials.In addition ... I just noticed that the biggest order (over $60) is her family and she never gave me payment for it. I am not sure how much to do with it other than let it all go, including the order to her family.GRRRR! Memo to self: Thou Shalt not Party Switch!

1. How do I use the "Can't Believe She Did This to Me!" product?

To use the "Can't Believe She Did This to Me!", simply follow the instructions included with the product. It is designed to make your life easier and help you create delicious meals with ease.

2. What makes the "Can't Believe She Did This to Me!" different from other products on the market?

The "Can't Believe She Did This to Me!" is unique because it is specifically designed for busy individuals who want to cook quick and delicious meals. Its features, such as the sharp blades and easy-to-use design, make it stand out from other kitchen tools.

3. Is the "Can't Believe She Did This to Me!" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Can't Believe She Did This to Me!" is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it for best results and to prolong its lifespan.

4. Can I use the "Can't Believe She Did This to Me!" for cutting all types of food?

Yes, the "Can't Believe She Did This to Me!" is suitable for cutting a variety of foods, including vegetables, fruits, meats, and more. It is a versatile tool that can handle all of your cutting needs.

5. How do I properly care for my "Can't Believe She Did This to Me!"?

To ensure your "Can't Believe She Did This to Me!" stays in top condition, we recommend washing it after each use with warm soapy water and drying it thoroughly. Store it in a dry place to prevent rusting. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers to clean the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies