• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Believe I Got Dragged Into This ...

In summary, the woman at the booth asked the consultant if she wanted to switch parties and the consultant agreed because she needs the show. When the consultant looked at the catalog, she realized that most of the jewelry is expensive and not her cup of tea. The consultant politely declined the woman's offer and the woman was pushy and sold Lia Sophia. The consultant ran into a former jewelry consultant who told her that she always recommends having your PC show before their party. The consultant declined the woman's offer to switch shows because it would be a conflict of interest.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
So I'm minding my own business at this fair I worked when this lady comes up to my booth and says, "I was wondering if you'd want to switch parties? Because I'm looking for a new Pampered Chef consultant!"

She is really nice but a bit pushy ... and she sells Lia Sophia! When she found out I am a former jewelry consultant who represnted a line with very similar host and guest sale programs, I got the hard sell on her opportunity.

I agreed, mostly because I need the show ... but I was looking at the catalog ... most of the jewelry is pricey, not so much my cup of tea, and hello ... there is a REASON I no longer sell jewelry!

I am dreading asking people to come to this ... and I know I can't invite my ex-director, who represents another line of jewelry ... or maybe I can just so she can see how it's done at another line ...

OH ... and I ran into a former fellow jewlery consultant who is also a former fellow PC consultant who now sells children's books ... she said she reccomends to ALWAYS have your PC show BEFORE theirs ... she got burned by people switching to book shows or canceling ... BOY I wish I'd thought of that one ...

Bummer! Swapping parties never worked for me either... it seemed the other host always judged how hard they were going to work on their PC show by how high your sales were with their show :(

Oh Di, I feel your pain. I just got a phone call from a Lia Sophia rep that got my catalog from someone who went to a show I did. And of course she wanted to swap shows. And she said the same thing " I''m looking for a NEW Pampered Chef consultant. I'm wondering what happened to the OLD one?
Well I seriously don't wear jewelry. I don't even wear a watch. I don't own any jewelry I find it a nuisance. So I politely declined. Now I was thinking if it was Creative Memories or Gold Canyon Candles then I would have considered it. But jewelry and makeup are just not me so I would never do a Mary Kay party either. I felt bad like maybe I was passing a potential good lead, but then I realized when I declined she didn't ask for another consultants info or if I knew another PC consultant who might want to swap with her so it made me wonder about her intentions.

Good luck and hope you don't get burned on this!
Tammy

I read that first sentence and thought this was a new political thread.

I don't start political threads, KG, and don't like talking about my politics in public.

The thing is ... I just did some purging of jewelry. I've given away many pieces from my old line to my director, who is selling them to promote her business and giving me cash when they sell ... also sold/gave her several jewelry-selling tools I had.

She didn't seem to hear me when I said, "I stopped selling jewelry for a reason."

The ironic thing is that I TRIED to schedule my show before hers ... we set the jewelry show for Oct. 19 and then she insisted that the 28th wouldn't work out. I said, "I know ... what about the 5th or the 12th" but she suggested Nov. 2, which is OK b/c it's Sell-A-Thon (or better be.)

I know she does want to have a good show because she wants the forged cutlery at half price and you can only get that with a $300 show. Also coming from the jewelry market she is expecting a huge amount of free product and you can only get that with a $1000 show or higher.

So tell her that you have been letting friends know of the date, and it does not seem to be a good one for them. You'd rather book closer to the holidays (after your PC party w/o telling her that). And then do it on a weeknight, so as not to tie up one of your potential booking dates.

Oh no... I stopped doing party swaps.. I did 3 and held up my end of the bargain, then the 3 that were supposed to do PC for me all cancelled, I was PI$$ED!!! These were people I would never had thought would do that to me and they did. I learned my lesson. I have another one now ( Silpada) asking me and I told her no and why, she keeps saying, I am not like the others. I told her my friends are partied out, which is true. I have had so many DS parties in the past few months for others. I need to focus on my business.
goo luck Di.

It was a joke, sheesh. (Quietly leaves thread)

Hmmm ... week nights are difficult for ME. I think we really should stick with Sundays, since we both have a long way to go for the show.But I agree ... that sounds like a plan. Call her and see if Sunday Nov. 9 works for her ...(KG ... I know you're always joking. No worries ... )

1. What is "Can't Believe I Got Dragged Into This ..." all about?

"Can't Believe I Got Dragged Into This ..." is a book written by the founder of Pampered Chef, Doris Christopher. It shares her personal journey of starting the company and offers valuable insights and tips for entrepreneurs and business owners.

2. Can I purchase this book through Pampered Chef?

Yes, "Can't Believe I Got Dragged Into This ..." is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website. Simply search for the book in the search bar or look for it under the "Books" category.

3. Is "Can't Believe I Got Dragged Into This ..." only for people in the direct sales industry?

No, while the book does offer advice and experiences from the direct sales industry, the lessons and principles shared can be applied to any type of business or career path.

4. Are there any special offers or discounts for purchasing "Can't Believe I Got Dragged Into This ..."?

At this time, there are no special offers or discounts specifically for this book. However, Pampered Chef does occasionally offer promotions and discounts on their products and books, so be sure to keep an eye out for any deals.

5. Can I find "Can't Believe I Got Dragged Into This ..." in bookstores?

Yes, "Can't Believe I Got Dragged Into This ..." is available for purchase at select bookstores. You can also order it online through major book retailers such as Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ahammons
Replies