• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Convincing Hosts: Selling Isn't Required, Let's Talk!

In summary, the host would make a great consultant, but the host's experience with Mary Kay may make it difficult for her to sell the products. The biggest differentiator between the two companies is that with PC, everyone can come and try
winklermom
I've got a host that I think would make a wonderful consultant but when I mentioned it to her, she replied that she tried MK once and didn't do any good because she can't "sell." Now, I don't feel like I have to "sell" anything...our products absolutely sells themselves.

For those who have experience in both, what would you say to this host?

winklermom said:
I've got a host that I think would make a wonderful consultant but when I mentioned it to her, she replied that she tried MK once and didn't do any good because she can't "sell." Now, I don't feel like I have to "sell" anything...our products absolutely sells themselves.

For those who have experience in both, what would you say to this host?

The one thing I say to combat that is, "Now, I am not familiar with how Mary Kay is run but I do know my experience with PC is a very positive one. I find it's very easy to share (key word here) the products with any person, of any age and gender, because everyone eats and every home has a kitchen."

Then...wait for their response and go from there.

First, you need to point out that the companies are VASTLY different.

Visit the links that show up under the relevent threads list below to read other threads about this subject.

Do a search for Mk and you'll find lots of responses. I'm a former Mk consultant who lost her shirt in the biz b/c my recruiter had me buy a BIG inventory that I just couldn't get sold. You're always having to buy the newest products and in my experience the recruiter didn't care if I ever sold something b/c she got "paid" when I purchased inventory. I "sold" for 2 years and had 4 parties! I've been with PC 4 years and have done 360+ shows (catalog included).

Our companies and commission plans are completely different. I'm very successful with my PC biz and have to say that in the beginning everyone in my circle didn't know if this would work since the other failed but it did!

She has nothing to lose if she tries this out. No inventory, no one asking to purchase more "things" for her biz. All she needs is the kit! No deliveries. No host/guest specials to figure or come out of her pocket.

Best of luck!

About the "selling" part, something to keep in mind is that when people get invited to a MK party, it's a very specific thing. Makeup and skin care. Some people just won't go because they already are loyal to a MK rep or another skin care line or they don't wear makeup. With PC, everyone can come. Some people won't because they don't like to go to DS parties or they'd rather shop at Walmart, but you find more people willing to host and go because it's about food, saving time in the kitchen, and learning a recipe and having fun eating and visiting w/ friends. The recipe and you using the tools, them seeing them in action and sharing experiences w/ them, plus the catalog is what sells PC.

Biggest draw..no inventory and you do not go out of pocket in order to make money...

Great responses! Thanks, everyone!

I have an ex-MK consultant thinking about joining. She was very surprised when I told her that we do not pay for the host's gifts, ie, free, 1/2-priced and discounted products, or the guest free gift. She did with MK. Also, some MK cluster meet once a week and are very pressured to attend every week.

cookingwithlove said:
I have an ex-MK consultant thinking about joining. She was very surprised when I told her that we do not pay for the host's gifts, ie, free, 1/2-priced and discounted products, or the guest free gift. She did with MK. Also, some MK cluster meet once a week and are very pressured to attend every week.[/QUOTE]

And we had to pay to attend weekly + dress in a suit and full makeup. I love being casual at my PC mtgs. + we don't charge you to attend!!

flemings99 said:
And we had to pay to attend weekly + dress in a suit and full makeup. I love being casual at my PC mtgs. + we don't charge you to attend!!

Oh, man! I'm so glad we aren't expected to dress like this or have to pay!!! I absolutely LOVE PC!!!

I just talked to her and two other potential recruits and they are all talking like they will attend our next cluster meeting this coming Monday! Wahoo!!!

Awesome!!!!

My recruiter sold MK before PC and likes PC so much better!

I sold jewelry before PC and I so agree!

And though the commission here is lower than both programs, both of us make a lot more money with PC because I always say, "10 percent of nothing is nothing." In other words, if I'm selling more I'm making more money. If she didn't do well with MK then it apparently was not the program for her!

Intrepid_Chef said:
If she didn't do well with MK then it apparently was not the program for her!

Agreed! She's a stay-at-home mom so this would be a perfect fit for her. I'm just hoping she'll agree and want to sign.

flemings99 said:

When I found out about that, I never went to a local meeting (my director is in Washington)...

i have tryed mary kay before i found pampered chef. I did ok for the first few months but thatn it kida went down hill. For what i can say i am so glad i did join pc becuse of the great benifets thatthey have to offer and how simple the book work is for pc. If i could go back and start all over again i would now choose pc right fom the start.

What is the purpose of "Convincing Hosts: Selling Isn't Required, Let's Talk!"?

The purpose of this approach is to create a comfortable and pressure-free environment for hosts to learn about the products and potentially make a purchase. It focuses on building relationships and educating rather than pushing for sales.

Do I have to sell products to my guests during the event?

No, this approach does not require hosts to actively sell products to their guests. The goal is to have open and honest conversations about the products and their benefits. If guests are interested, they can make a purchase, but there is no pressure to do so.

How can I convince my guests to buy products without being pushy?

The key is to focus on the benefits and value of the products rather than trying to convince or pressure guests to buy. Share your personal experiences with the products and let them see the quality and usefulness for themselves.

Will I still earn rewards for hosting a party using this approach?

Yes, as a host, you can still earn rewards for hosting a party, even if you don't make any sales. The rewards are based on the total sales of the party, so if your guests do make purchases, you will still receive the rewards.

How can I make sure my guests have a positive experience without feeling like they have to buy something?

Encourage your guests to simply come and have a good time. Provide delicious food and enjoyable activities, and let the products speak for themselves. Remind them that there is no pressure to buy and that you are simply there to share information and have fun.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • SusanBP0129
  • General Chat
Replies