• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What About a Host That Doesn't Want to Work With You?

In summary, this host is excited about the show, but is refusing to try and sell anything to others who can't attend the party. She is telling me that is my job.
TheFreddiesCook
My host is excited about the show, it's the first time she is hosting a party for selling something, but when we talked about getting outside orders from those who can't attend, or whoever, she says she won't do that, she will not try to sell anything to others, and clearly told me that is my job. So how do you work with this kind of host to have a sucessful party for both of us? :confused:

LOLFind a nice way to let her know that the whole point of hosting a Pampered Chef Show is to earn LOTS of Host Benefits so that she can get LOTS of items off her Pampered Chef Wish List for FREE and at a discount. The best way to accomplish that goal is to spread the word. It's a numbers game. If she markets to 5 people, she'll get the results of marketing to 5 people. If she markets to 40, she'll get the results of marketing to 40. What if she markets to 100? If she invites them to attend & they can't come, it's okay to ask if they are interested in placing an outside order. Some will say no, but some will say YES! It never hurts to ask. She doesn't have to be a pest and hound them until they purchase something, but it's okay to ask them politely if there was anything that they wanted. If they are not in attendance at her show, then they are not someone you can reach out too. They are her friends/family/contacts. She's the one who has to EARN her host benefits by following your Host Coaching. You are limited to the ones who come to the show. There's no way that you can market to all the ones invited.

The key with someone like this is the wish list. Get her to figure out what she would want if she had $200 free (or what ever number you want to work with). Get her excited about the party and she will share. Once she has that tell her the 5-15-5 rule. Make sure she had something with your contact info to hand to her friends so it's as easy as possible for her.Tell her to ask if those who can't come would like to see a book (vs "order something") and while it is your job you can't share with those who can't be there. Let them decide. Give her words like: "I wish you could come. It's going to be fun to get together. PC has great stuff. It's all online at my consultant's website or do you want to see a book?" Then it's up to the friend. Another way to handle this is to get her contact list and make all the calls, emails and reminders for her. If she has you do this then tell her that she still should be excited about her party and personally invite.

Along with the other great suggestions...

For hosts like this I tell her that I don't expect her to sell a thing but just to check with her guests to see if they are coming to the party. Then after the party, suggest that she simply let people know that she will be closing her party within a day if anyone wishes to order.

I use the word "remind" and share that everyone is so busy in life that they may forget and appreciate the reminder.

She may not do anything at all. Sometimes people book and then make you feel like someone put a gun to their heads to do the party LOL! Luckily...these are not the norm!

I would verbally laugh, and tell her you are not there to "sell" anyone on anything - but to (following in Doris Christopher's lead) offer them some tools and great mealtime solutions to get in and out of the kitchen quicker and easier. If they find something that helps them, great. If not - they will learn some awesome tips and techniques, and have fun tasting the food. Remind her that the catalog does the selling, that you can only share Pampered Chef with those present at the show.This is 90% a coaching issue on your part, and 10% an attitude issue on her part. If you can help her through that 10% hurdle, you are closer to her being a consultant--remind her that she has already done the bulk of what a consultant does in contacting interested people.

I had a host like this one time. She flat out refused to make reminder calls, because she "didn't want to bug people". She said that she'd invited people (she wouldn't let me send out invites - she didn't want me to have her friends addresses w/o their permission.) and so they knew about the party and would come if they wanted to. There really wasn't much I could do. She had 3 people at her party, two were relatives, and the 3rd person was the past host, who I called to remind about the party. If I hadn't called her, she would have forgotten and not been there. I let the host know that the only reason she was there was because I had made that reminder call. Her show ended up being just a couple dollars over $200, and she was disappointed that more hadn't shown up...and blamed it on the time of the party. I flat out told her that it wasn't the time, because I do 11am brunch shows almost every Saturday, and ALWAYS have a great turnout for them....but that people are busy, and forget and actually really appreciate a reminder call. After her party, she hinted at rebooking, and I told her that invitations would have to be done differently for the next show. She never rebooked. I was glad.

All that to say that on rare occasions, you will have that host who just won't cooperate, and the best thing you can do is bless and release.

I'm kinda curious as to why she's even having the party. And, I'd ask her if it were me.

If she is using the evites through your personal website, you can send out the sorry you cannot attend email to all of those guests that decline. It's not as good as her asking them personally if there is anything they want to order, but it is something!

Most of what I would add has already been said. She does not have to sell anything just ask if any of her friends would like to see the catalog and then point out her favorite items in when she hands it out.

Ask her what her favorites are then give her the exact word choices to say. This article is a bit older but has a free audio include about host coaching and how to get your host on board. Check it out. Often having a script really helps out for both you and the host.

:)I hope that helps: http://www.createacashflowshow.com/host-coaching/party-plan-hostess-coaching-tips.htm

In my host coaching, the first thing we talk about is her wish list.. and that she is not on a budget when putting it together. After that is established, I tell her what SHE needs to do from that moment to the time of her cooking show to get it done. If it's a big wish list where they need $5000 in orders, I suggest the business opportunity and rebooking.We are a team, but I do not seek orders on her behalf. I make that crystal clear in the beginning. I offer to mail the invites, make the phone calls and answer any questions in the duration. I set up facebook events for them and answer questions and send reminders as well there.I find that some get really uptight just about calculating tax, so I now include a tax calculation sheet with their catalogs and outside order forms. I tell them to call me if they need help calculating the totals.That said, I also offer a S&H discount to those that place outside orders BEFORE the cooking show date. If my host has the orders waiting for me (Paid in full) when I arrive for her show, their shipping charge is $3. Yes, it an out of pocket expense for me, but it amazes me how many will order to save $1.75.

1. What should I do if my host doesn't want to work with me?

If your host is not interested in working with you, it's important to respect their decision. You can politely thank them for considering the opportunity and let them know that you are always available if they change their mind in the future.

2. Can I still earn rewards if my host doesn't want to work with me?

Yes, even if your host chooses not to work with you, you can still earn rewards through guest sales. Encourage your host to invite friends and family to shop through your online party link or have a catalog party to maximize your sales and rewards.

3. How should I handle a host who is unresponsive or uninterested?

If your host is unresponsive or uninterested in working with you, it's important to follow up with them in a polite and professional manner. You can try reaching out through different methods of communication, such as phone calls, emails, or social media, and offer to answer any questions they may have.

4. Is it possible to find a new host if my current one doesn't want to work with me?

Yes, it is possible to find a new host if your current one is not interested in working with you. You can reach out to friends, family, or acquaintances who may be interested in hosting a party, or use social media to find potential hosts in your network.

5. How can I prevent a host from cancelling or backing out at the last minute?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed way to prevent a host from cancelling or backing out at the last minute. However, you can try to minimize the chances of this happening by maintaining open communication with your host, providing them with all the necessary information and support, and making sure they are excited and engaged about hosting a party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Kathy Jewell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies