• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prospective Host Wants to Host in April 2013

In summary, the prospective host wants to host a show in April 2013, but may change her mind if she is not able to do it at a convenient time for her.
Suzyengl
I have a prospective host who wants to host a show in April 2013. She was not at a recent party but placed an order and indicated she wanted to have a party. I tried calling her but the number she gave was incorrect-so I emailed her and let her know about the great Dec. host special. She replied that she wanted to have her show next year, so I told her about the amazing Jan. host special and that we could do a girls' night out/cute slippers contest. She is thinking April-I have not responded to her email.

Of course, if she wants to have a party in April I will put a note on my calendar to contact her next March.

Does anyone have any ideas about getting this host to book in closer?

Thanks, Suzy in Texas

Ideally we'd like to have everyone book right away. I'd ask her why April is her month of preference. Perhaps it's her birthday or a slow time with work or some other significant reason. I had a gal book May 5,2013 the other day. She wants to do a grilling show for her birthday. So I'd simply ask her why she's thinking April and then go from there.

In July, I had a guest book a show for Nov. 17th. I thought it odd, especially since she didn't know what the host special would be so far ahead, but went with it.

A lot of people book without caring about or knowing the host special. It's just a bonus.

Could be other things too. If I were asked now to host a show of some sort, the first month I would even consider would be end of March or April. Many of the people I would invite would have gathered for parties in Dec, New Year's Eve, Feb and a couple birthdays in there. My best chance at good attendance would be if we hadn't seen each other recently.Could be weather related too. Just be sure to set a time to touch base with her. I would be sure to send her the April specials maybe as early as Feb so the show stays on her radar.

Why not say to her something like "I know you prefer April, and that is entirely your option to choose. Would you mind me asking you what is makig that month seem so attractive to you right now?" And, then after she answers, if it STILL seems like she is putting you off do what Karen Phelps suggests and ask her "What would it TAKE for you to have an interest in hosting a little bit sooner?" As Karen says, sometimes we THINK it is a big thing, but sometimes it is just something really little they want extra to host when you want. What I do know, is you will NEVER fully figure it out until you ask her directly ! Good luck with that !

If she insists on keeping her April, you might want to pop a Christmas card in the mail to her saying how much you are looking forward to her show. And then in the New Year pop in a post card saying you hope her family enjoyed a wonderful festive holiday season. ...........and what I find is helpful for me being received in a positive manner, is that a couple weeks BEFORE I know I am going to call to see where she is at, I pop in a little note card with something personal on it.........and maybe a recipe, and let her know I will be calling in a couple of weeks. this gives her the head's up and she is expecting my call..........and generally quite receptive too ! :)

I have people choose 6 months out all the time. Keep track and call. I would never think to ask a host to have it sooner for me. I have it when she wants. I just remind them it has to be within the 6 month to get the hostess credit for her friend.

Thank you all for your great ideas and comments. I did email the prospective host back and said:

"Great! Can I ask why you're thinking April-is your birthday that month?"

Her reply:

"Well honestly I want to have a party just not be rush on when to have. I want to have on my own time. So I guess just put it on hold for right now until I contact you. "

So live and learn, and I'm so glad to be learning after 11 years in the business. I should have gone with my initial response of "Great, I'll contact you in March to set a date for your party". I don't think I was being pushy, but yesterday was Halloween, so maybe she had other things on her mind.

So I will put her email on my email distribution list and go from there.

Thanks for your support!
Suzy in Texas

For what it's worth....she likely wouldn't have held the party then anyway, or would have rescheduled or had some reason to move it. There is never a "perfect" time to have a party. As the date grows closer, she'd feel rushed no matter what because life just doesn't pause at certain times- there is always something going on. So I doubt you lost much. You just found out the answer NOW rather than 6 months from now.Just keep her on your contact /newsletter list or something, and reach out in several months for customer service.

1. How do I sign up to host a Pampered Chef party in April 2013?

To sign up as a host for a Pampered Chef party in April 2013, simply contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit the Pampered Chef website to find a consultant near you. They will guide you through the process and help you choose a date and time for your party.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party in April 2013?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party in April 2013 comes with many benefits such as earning free products, enjoying exclusive discounts, and receiving special host rewards. It's also a great opportunity to try out new products and recipes with your friends and family.

3. How many guests do I need to invite to my April 2013 Pampered Chef party?

There is no minimum or maximum number of guests required for a Pampered Chef party. However, the more guests you invite, the more fun and rewards you can earn. It is recommended to invite at least 10-12 guests to ensure a successful party.

4. Can I choose the theme or focus of my April 2013 Pampered Chef party?

Yes, as a host, you have the option to choose the theme or focus of your Pampered Chef party in April 2013. You can choose from various themes such as quick and easy weeknight meals, holiday baking, or healthy eating. Your consultant will work with you to plan the party according to your chosen theme.

5. What if I have to cancel or reschedule my April 2013 Pampered Chef party?

If you need to cancel or reschedule your Pampered Chef party in April 2013, simply contact your consultant as soon as possible. They will work with you to find a new date that works for both of you. Keep in mind that rescheduling may affect the availability of certain products or promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • SherryLynn