• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Worst Storm in Northern California in 10 Years!

In summary, Southwest Airlines cancelled all flights going in/out of Sacramento International Airport, San Francisco cancelled 14 flights, and big
Kitchen2u
I hope all of my fellow Northern Calif Cheffers are safe and okay. This storm is bad. The winds are really bad and the rain coming down in buckets. Southwest Airlines cancelled all flights going in/out of Sacramento International...just heard San Francisco cancelled 14 flights. Lots of big rig accidents, car accidents, big trees coming down on houses...not a pretty sight.:( :( :(

I know I should be thankful it's not an earthquake, tornado or hurricane...but it doesn't make it any better since my DH and I are having to literally sit at the back sliding glass door with the shop vac vacumming the water...I've got MAJOR water damage :cry: on my hardwood floor. Another team member caled me (she lives really close to me) and she's got water pouring in her upstairs bedroom window in buckets too.

I just pray everyone is SAFE.

Yep, I'm in Lodi and it's so bad! I just told my sister it feels like we're on the east coast. Have you been watching KCRA news? Poor Mike TeSelle has been stuck on assignment on the Yolo Causeway (sp?) since very early this morning! We get the point!

It's nasty here too, about an hour north of San Francisco. Luckily we don't have to go out today. I can't imagine taking the boys out in it. I am hoping that it lets up a bit so we can put on our rain coats and go splash around. Doesn't look like there's any chance though.

I am in So Cal and we are waiting for it to hit. At least I got my daughter out of the house this morning to the park... but this weekend is going to be FUN all cooped up in the house!

SilverCeladon said:
Have you been watching KCRA news? Poor Mike TeSelle has been stuck on assignment on the Yolo Causeway (sp?) since very early this morning! We get the point!

Yep ~ I don't get it...are they waiting for him to fly over the Causeway?

Yup - sounds like the kinda place I'd want to live.;)They're talking temps in the 40's this weekend - our annual January thaw that floods basements and ruins that pretty white Christmas we just had.

What we have to worry about is the levees breaking. I live close to the Sacramento river...they did majoy repairs to the area near my house. BUT all the BIG wigs in the Calif Dept of Water Resources who lived in that area have since sold their homes and left...what does that tell us? :cry:

I will say a prayer for you all! I am in Washington but real close to Idaho. So far we haven't been hit real hard, but they say it's coming. The wind is blowing but not near as bad as some of you are getting. Our temps are up and it's causing flooding, we had quite a bit of snow in the last few weeks and now it's melting, just to get cold again in the next 2 days! It's hard when that happens for drivers because it's like driving on an ice rink!
But I will keep you all in my prayers and for your safety and protection, including your family and your homes!:) :angel:

Kitchen2u said:
Yep ~ I don't get it...are they waiting for him to fly over the Causeway?

Ha ha! He's on right now and still being pelted. He must hate his job right now!

Seems to have slowed down a little bit here. I just checked my back yard and we are covered in leaves and branches. I really need to get to the post office, so I may try to make a break for it. Hang tight everyone.

I just heard that the freeway is closed in San Rafael and that there are streets in San Francisco closed because of fallen tree limbs. Ugh! My town does get some flooding. A couple of years ago the outlet mall completely flooded. Supposedly they did rennovation to the place so that won't happen again, but I didn't see much go on. Hopefully it won't come to that. At this very moment it's not raining and the wind has died down, but the sky looks really dark.

I'm in Nor Cali.... OMG the wind was crazy and the rain is still coming in. The neighbors trampoline decided it wanted to try to fly... taking out our satellite dish and our fence!! As for the rain is is coming in under the front door and in through the tracks of the sliding glass door.

Our power went out at about 7:45 and finally came back on about 2:30ish.

Oh and not to mention my mom calls me and tells me I should go and try to get supplies that we have 3 storms coming in back to back... thanks for making me worry right.

And now with knowing that i'm worried my hubby won't get home next week like planned:( Make it go away!!!!

I'm on the central coast of Cali and it's raining buckets here too. I have a bunch of soaking wet towels at my sliding glass door that need to be replaced as well. It's supposed to rain for 4-5 more days still.

Luckily my slider is under a good size porch, so I don't have to worrie about that one, but the windows in both back bedrooms are leaking through the tracks. I hope it clears up in time for my flight to leadership next week.

Raining tons here as well! The river behind my house rose 5 feet from yesterday, this is reminding me of the 2006 New years storm. The river was 6ft from our house then.What's worse is the rain is returning on Tuesday & I hope my flight is not delayed.

I hope all improves soon and everyone will be safe! They say the storm should hit us by the middle of next week. Hopefully it will be rain and not ice or snow, but we can't take too much rain!!

Just gotta love the rain here in Cali (insert sarcastic smiley here). I just discovered a leak in my roof.

We're doing okay here (I live about 2 miles from Ginny)... we have no mature trees around our house yet, so no trees down but lots of stuff blown around. It's link a wind tunnel in our backyard whenever it blows. The pool is full and everything is wet wet wet but luckily it's draining well. Our neighbor down the street lost 2 panels of her fence! I wasn't quite sure what I was going to come home to today, but luckily it was okay.

Raining steady in Los Angeles still and I encountered two accidents on my way home... Californians can NOT drive in the rain!

Storm in NW Oregon too. We had gust of 50+ winds today. 2:00 this afternoon transformers were blowing down the street, boom. We had no electricity all afternoon. My kids were happy. We had to go to Carl's Jr. for lunch. No way to cook. Luckily, heat with gas heater.

Through me out of gear. I forgot to get a few calls done today.

I hope you're all OK!!!

Addie4TLC said:
Raining steady in Los Angeles still and I encountered two accidents on my way home... Californians can NOT drive in the rain!
Ain't that the truth!! (And that's coming from a native Califorian!)

We are doing good here. It hasn't rained now all afternoon and I can actually see spots of blue sky. My DS3 and I went out puddle jumping and throwing pebbles in the creek across from our house. The water is still really low so we are good there. I think the worst of it is over for us, but we are still supposed to get more rain.

I hope everyone is ok!! My Dad lives in Clayton and he works on ships in the Bay, he almost got blown in yesterday. Hopefully everything is calming down. We're supposed to get weather like that in Jersey, not Cali. Be safe!

Related to Worst Storm in Northern California in 10 Years!

1. What is the "Worst Storm in Northern California in 10 Years!"?

The "Worst Storm in Northern California in 10 Years!" refers to a severe weather event that occurred in Northern California in the past decade, causing significant damage and disruption to the region.

2. When did the "Worst Storm in Northern California in 10 Years!" happen?

The exact date of the "Worst Storm in Northern California in 10 Years!" may vary depending on the source, but it generally refers to a storm that occurred within the last 10 years in Northern California.

3. What kind of damage did the "Worst Storm in Northern California in 10 Years!" cause?

The "Worst Storm in Northern California in 10 Years!" caused a range of damage, including flooding, power outages, road closures, and property damage. Some areas may have experienced more severe damage than others.

4. How did the "Worst Storm in Northern California in 10 Years!" impact the community?

The "Worst Storm in Northern California in 10 Years!" had a significant impact on the community, disrupting daily life and causing damage to homes, businesses, and infrastructure. Some areas may have also experienced evacuations and other safety measures.

5. What should I do to prepare for future storms like the "Worst Storm in Northern California in 10 Years!"?

To prepare for future storms, it is important to have an emergency plan in place and stock up on essential supplies. Stay informed about weather updates and follow any evacuation orders or safety precautions issued by local authorities.

Back