• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Complaint: My Experience with FedEx Today

In summary, the head of UPS is talking about a recession and how the transportation industry is feeling the pinch.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I had to call and register a complaint with FedEx today :yuck: . The rep took my info and said she would pass it to the local depot. So an hour or so later the manager of the local depot calls me to 'talk about my issue'. He's making excuses left and right for the driver so I told him that I just wanted to know what their policy was on my situation. Then I mentioned that I was a Pampered Chef Consultant and that I get shipments all the time. As soon as I said that his tone changed! He was asking me how I'd like to have my shipments and he was ever so ready to do whatever I wanted! Made me laugh at his sudden interest. I guess HO has been passing-on our unhappiness with the FedEx services to them and must have threatened to take the contract from them if things didn't improve......hmmmmm I only wish!

I should give a call, too. I just want my boxes left on the front porch where UPS and the postal delivery guy leave them rather than on the ground by the garage door, where, if my husband comes home before I pick them up, he can't get into his spot in the garage and where the snow and rain will fall on top of them. (That was a run on sentence, wasn't it?)

That was part of my complaint today (minus the snow part).

Now don't be rubbing in the minus the snow part. Of course, the snow here has all melted, but it's coming back.

sorry 'bout that, but it's true.....

I love the sun. Maybe I'll have my packages sent to you and then come and pick them up from you too. :)

I guess I am very lucky. I have a great driver who brings my packages in when I am home and if I am not he leaves them inside my patio and covers them if it is wet out. You can't see the boxes from the outside unless you really look over the enclosure, but can see them from inside my place.

OK, my two cents.... The other day I was in my office and I heard a loud noise (no it wasn't the doorbell!) and I thought someone ran into my house with their vehicle. (Did I mention I live about a city block into the woods!) I was so startled that I ran up the stair to see what was the matter. When I arrived at my door, I saw the Fed. Ex truck screaming out my driveway! Low and behold, there was my Pan-O-Rama pans! He must have dropped them from waist high to make the clatter that I heard. I have been so busy that I haven't had time to open the box yet.... That reminds me, I should do that tonight. These Fed Ex guys I think are overpaid and under instructed! I hope and wish that they will annouce we are going back to UPS! Wouldn't that be nice?!!!!

I had an issue with them, too. One day, they came up my driveway, and actually slid off of it into the grass! They've left about a 6-8 foot long tire mark in our yard, which is new, as we built and moved here only a year ago.
The driveway had ice on it at the time, so we totally understand how it could happen, but really, why would you keep on going in the yard?!

Fedex was very gracious about it, calling me for the details. I also called Home Office and they were wanting all the details, too. We now will have to get two different estimates on having it repaired in the spring, so they can take care of it for us.

What I found amusing was, the Fedex rep told me that, "this is a BIG DEAL, because YOU'RE Pampered Chef"!! (Talk about feeling like a VIP! lol)
I was also told that they've been receiving numerous complaints, nationwide, so it's truly becoming an issue. They were very nice to me, and listened as I gave them little suggestions on how to "improve" their service, seeming to genuinely appreciate it, too.
I suggested little things, like....ring the doorbell, so we know you were even there!! Cover the boxes if it's raining or snowing, with plastic, for protection.

(Seems obvious to us, I know, but what are ya gonna do?)

Hopefully they will be working on this stuff, and we'll see better things in 2008!!

Blessings,
Paula

I just read a news report about the head of UPS talking about a recession, and how the transportation industry is feeling the pinch, because there isn't as much being shipped, and that their growth projections are down. I would think, from reading this, that there is some fierce competition right now for National Contracts like PC!

When I had a complaint, the rep asked me 'Do you get deliveries very often?' in a very snotty tone. I said, 'Yes, actually, I do. I'm a Pampered Chef consultant'. He then turned very nice & was on the phone with me for a very long time trying to figure out a solution for me. :)

It's a shame that we have to lay out the Pampered Chef card just to get good customer service....but hey, it works!

I had a 7 pice set that was delivered to the wrong address I called Fed Ex and never heard from them. So I called HO luckily the lady who's house it was delivered to brought it back to me. I was also told being a fed ex driver isnt as easy as it looks. That was by my driver when I asked her about the cookware.

I should have called Fed Up after my last delivery - I have a tiny porch - he stuck the boxes in front of the door so closely that it was impossible to open the door - and then didn't even ring the bell. So it wasn't until I was trying to walk out the door to work - and couldn't - that I knew the boxes were there.

I don't even want to start with my complaints against FedEx. I am glad to hear someone is getting some response. I have had numerous problems and even spoke at National Conference to a rep who "ASSURED ME" that I would be getting a call the next week when I got back to address them. Well...........6 months later I still haven't heard anything from anyone and am still having shipping problems!!!

OH, VICTOR, my driver is the nicest guy in the world. I kid you not, he gives my son $1 when we're outside when he comes. Gives a cute lecture about how we should appreciate our kids cause they're so precious. Must be from Africa or some underprivildge place to be that happy.

Three days before Christmas, he was driving past our house and actually stopped to say hello and make sure we were okay. He must have been so busy but stopped to talked!

I can't say enough good things about him but haven't had any delivery problems from a corporate level either.

Bee,
You should probably let Fed Ex know how great your driver is. Not sure if you should give them all the details in case Fed Ex doesn't approve of him stopping when he isn't delivering anything to you.
Maybe, you should let PC know too.

PaulaP said:
I don't even want to start with my complaints against FedEx. I am glad to hear someone is getting some response. I have had numerous problems and even spoke at National Conference to a rep who "ASSURED ME" that I would be getting a call the next week when I got back to address them. Well...........6 months later I still haven't heard anything from anyone and am still having shipping problems!!!
We must have talked to the same guy - they never called me either.

Bee - I want your FedEx guy!

ChefBeckyD said:
I just read a news report about the head of UPS talking about a recession, and how the transportation industry is feeling the pinch, because there isn't as much being shipped, and that their growth projections are down. I would think, from reading this, that there is some fierce competition right now for National Contracts like PC!

That's the funny thing Becky, as of about 6 months ago, they weren't listed as a National Account, they had a regional rep which is different.

My FedEx National Account Manager bought cookware from me back in Sept. and as of then he still thought it was regional so he was going to check into it. He was more than willing to pick up the account himself. I haven't seen him since Christmas so if he's in tomorrow I'll have to see if he knows anything... :rolleyes:

janetupnorth said:
That's the funny thing Becky, as of about 6 months ago, they weren't listed as a National Account, they had a regional rep which is different.

My FedEx National Account Manager bought cookware from me back in Sept. and as of then he still thought it was regional so he was going to check into it. He was more than willing to pick up the account himself. I haven't seen him since Christmas so if he's in tomorrow I'll have to see if he knows anything... :rolleyes:

I don't understand how we could not be a National Account?:confused:

ChefBeckyD said:
Maybe b/c Alaska & Hawaii are not sent FedEx. I think they are US Mail - maybe? I remember Gillian talking about it.

Oh, I miss Gillian! :(

Sounds like FedEx needs to put Pampered Chef on "focus" account status, if they haven't already. That means, every time a package is scanned, they get beeped at to wake them up.

I suggested little things, like....ring the doorbell, so we know you were even there!! Cover the boxes if it's raining or snowing, with plastic, for protection.

Drivers are trained to do all that - if they don't, I agree, you should call and say it isn't being done. They can tell which drivers are doing these things. If the drivers are bad & get lots of complaints, they'll lose their route.

These Fed Ex guys I think are overpaid and under instructed!

Hahaha! Don't know about the route owners, but temp drivers are definitely not overpaid!

I had a problem with FedEx for the store. I should have mentioned that I also work with PC, but I didn't think of it. Here is a copy of an email I sent them:

I have spoken with 13 (YES 13 and I have names!!) different FedEx employees about this circus act you call a company. I spent about 3 hours on my cell phone Friday and an hour today and still nothing. I am afraid to call again, because I have gotten 13 different "stories" about what happened. I don't want another story, I just want the shipment. One employee was particularly sarcastic. She should be fired. I will be happy to give names of these jokes in customer service. What exactly happened is anyone's guess. What I was initially told was that since "someone refused" this package, it was returned to the sender. I feel that the driver either went to the wrong location or he is a LIAR. NO ONE REFUSED THIS PACKAGE. For three days (Thurs, Fri and today) I sat and waited for that shipment for hours and not only did it never arrive, I never even saw a FedEx truck drive by. I KNOW no one refused this in the first place because I was the only one there--no workers, just me. I have to ask: If I refused this shipment, why am I bugging you for it? I am very angry about this, and very disappointed. I was forced to sit and wait in an empty building with no heat, electricity, restroom, in 30 degree weather. Shame on you. The lying driver should be terminated as well.

I finally got someone who seemed helpful. They did supposedly intercept the package on its return in KY. I asked to have it sent to my home, at least if I were to I spend time waiting there, I will have heat, electricity and a restroom. Unfortunately, that effort did not work. The shipper re-sent the package UPS and it was here the next day without incident. Amazing.

By the way, my business will be doing a great deal of shipping. Guess which company I will not use?

The response? A "sorry, but there's nothing we can do because you refused the package" email. HA HA HA. Very funny.

ChefBeckyD said:

It's not where you ship to, it is volume you ship and dollars. I'm sure it has probably changed by now, but you'd be surprised how many BIGGER companies are actually out there. But PC is CONSTANTLY growing so I'm sure I'll find out soon that they are a national account and have a national acct. rep. We have to remember though that FedEx terms things differently than we would. Our comprehension of "national" is different in the sales world. PC is shipping out of 1 location in the US (well 2 if you count the Meadows facility), not multiple distribution centers.

FedEx does service Alaska and Hawaii for Ground service, but PC may not have chosen to ship there with FedEx because the delivery time is not guaranteed to be as fast.

ETA: Don't laugh about "ground service" to Hawaii, it is a shipping term not actually how it gets there - it does get on a plane. :)

kspry said:
Drivers are trained to do all that - if they don't, I agree, you should call and say it isn't being done. They can tell which drivers are doing these things. If the drivers are bad & get lots of complaints, they'll lose their route.
That was one of the questions I asked today when I talked to the depot manager. He told me that since there was no signature required that the driver would leave the package where 'in his discretion' it would be the safest (yeah, in front of my garage door so I can back over it with my car or block me from coming into the garage is a really good place :confused: ). I asked if the driver was first supposed to see if I am home or at least ring the doorbell. He told me no, not really. I told him that it wasn't that way with my last driver and that I was informed by FedEx Customer Service last year that was their policy. That's when I mentioned that I was a Pampered Chef Consultant and received a lot of packages. He immediately told me that he would let the driver know to leave my packages at my door and to ring or knock.

AJPratt said:
What happened to her?
She popped in a while back. She's still active, also selling Private Quarters with Pampered Laura and playing mommy to her beautiful babies. She posted pictures not too long ago - pull up her profile and find that thread. I was thinking about calling or emailing her soon - just been to busy or lazy to do it.

yeah, in front of my garage door so I can back over it with my car or block me from coming into the garage is a really good place

Oh, good grief, that would make me mad, too! I dunno, I think I had a really good trainer. The guy had driven a route for 12 years before he went to corporate. He mentioned never to put packages in fromt of the garage for that very reason. And the depot manager in my area is really young, dynamic, and loves his job.

We were told, if no signature is required, to ring the doorbell, or knock if there is no doorbell or it looks broken. But don't wait around for a signature if one isn't required.

I'd think national policy is supposed to be the same, to at least ring the doorbell, but I dunno. Around here, I was delivering in suburbs where nobody is home during the day and waiting to see if someone would answer the door is a huge time waster.

I am sorry for all the issues that some of you are having. I feel very blessed to have helpful Fed-Ex drivers, who come to my door and ring the bell if I'm not out there myself on the front steps to greet them.

I have had issues with other companies in the past over certain things, so I do understand the frustration of going in circles and not getting anything accomplished. I also understand that you may feel like you don't matter, or are being ignored. I totally get that, and I hope all of you fellow cheffers that are having issues with Fed Ex will see results very quickly!

We sort of have a post-lady like some of your fed-ex drivers. But when it comes to Fed-Ex, UPS, and DHL- we have super delivery people.

:)

The response? A "sorry, but there's nothing we can do because you refused the package" email. HA HA HA. Very funny.

Ohhhh! I would probably have been arrested for my response to that because I'd have driven however far to make it in person. That's outrageous! I cannot tolerate liars. That makes me mad for you. lol

I have a great FedEx guy. He knocks and if I'm not home, leaves my stuff on the porch where it won't get wet. My porch is to the side of my front door since we built on so at least he doesn't leave it out in the weather. If I'm home, he brings it right to the door and offers to set it inside or hands it to me.

My former UPS guy was horrible. Ran up in my yard, killed my bush that I'd been babying for 2 years, tried to hit my puppy with a stick WHILE I was standing there. I called the local hub and was told it would be taken care of. Yeah right! When the guy came next time he stood outside and argued with me that others in my area, which is very rural, didn't mind him driving in the yard. Apparently, I have a paved drive just so he can park in the yard and tear up my bushes and harrass my dog. Wish he'd bit him. lol Some people's children. :grumpy:

Thank Goodness our driver is wonderful.
If we're home he'll put them in the garage or bring in the house for us.
If we're not home he puts them on the covered front patio.
He's much better than the UPS driver that comes to our house.:sing:

I miss my UPS guy, but actually have no complaints with FedEx. cartons are always bagged securely by FedEx if the weather is bad.

The UPS guy used to hide packages in my old Camaro when no one was home.
Last year my he stopped by when he didn't have a delivery and dropped off a handwritten thank you note :sing: for the tip I gave him. He was apologetic that the thank you wasn't left in a timely manner because his Dad had passed away.

UUUUUggggg Fed Ex is so FrustratingI am sorry to add to another Fed Ex story but I have had nothing but trouble with them since they started delivering for us. I had a show that was supposed to be delivered yesterday to my home & about 7:30 last night I checked on CC to see if the date had changed & it reported that my 5 boxes were delivered at 5:59 pm. Somewhere in my town. This is not the first time this has happened to me. Luckfully I got the other shows brought to me but so far I have not heard anything from the resident that recieved my boxes. So of course I call Fed Ex they put a search on the delievery but I was told that if I didn't hear anything by Tuesday to call back. I never had any trouble with UPS but I am going to complain to the HO & it would be nice if it was passed on to whomever negotiated this contract with Fed Ex becuase so far I am unhappy.:mad: :mad: :mad: Thank you for letting me vent.
Tammy

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has had nightmare problems with FedEx! Since I started waiting for my new consultant kit last year I have had problem after problem with them. Late shipments, rude employees, the driver ignores requests and notes. Funny thing is, I had called to complain directly to FedEx, and had no response for a couple of weeks... Then we got the email asking for our input on how things were with FedEx, and I gave it! I got calls from 2 different people in FedEx apologizing all over, wanting to know what they could do to help. My biggest problem was that I hate when they leave packages out in plain view when no one is home. Someone could easily take off with the stuff, not to mention announcing no one was home. We had discussed that with the driver and left a note, and he still left boxes out in front of the street. After my complaint got to HO though, my driver is VERY careful to ask if things are in the right place now, and when we moved, he verified again a couple of times that it was ok. I think he is scared of me now! But how sad that it takes a big company like PC to get good service out of FedEx.

Well the excuses keep coming.Well PC readers I talked to the HO this morning about my missing boxes & they said that they would investigate. But I decided to stop by the local Fed Ex Ground hub to speak with a supervisor face to face. I was asked for the tracking numbers & then he would contact the driver and let me know. So I gave him the numbers & he promised I would get a call. Not 10 minutes later after I returned home a Fed Ex driver showed up with my 5 boxes. I was told by the driver that the boxes were put on another guys route truck. I told him "funny considering that they were scanned as delivered". So I called the hub back while the driver was bringing my boxes in & he said he was glad that I received my boxes but was very upset on why they were scanned delivered. :mad: :mad: :mad: So I am hoping someone gets their butt chewed.:p But now they know who I am & that I am going to be a thorn in their side should this continue. Just wanted to update everyone.

Thanks,
Tammy

Tammy, you should also let HO know about this. Call HO and ask to speak to someone regarding FedEx issues.

blanktj said:
I was told by the driver that the boxes were put on another guys route truck. I told him "funny considering that they were scanned as delivered". So I called the hub back while the driver was bringing my boxes in & he said he was glad that I received my boxes but was very upset on why they were scanned delivered. :mad: :mad: :mad: So I am hoping someone gets their butt chewed.:p But now they know who I am & that I am going to be a thorn in their side should this continue. Just wanted to update everyone.

Thanks,
Tammy

I have had this SAME EXACT Thing happen to me. It is scanned for deliver from one guys truck and put on another truck and I get it the next day. I spoke with a supervisor when this happened to me too and he was suppose to investigate.

Isn't there someone at HO who's our official contact for FedEx issues? I can't remember a name, but someone had posted it at one time.

chefann said:
Isn't there someone at HO who's our official contact for FedEx issues? I can't remember a name, but someone had posted it at one time.
I'm not positive, but I think it's Doreen Gras (the lady that does some of the commercials that we listen to when we are on hold).

I have been lucky with Fed Ex, but I know they have been difficult for others in my cluster. Apparently at some point, boxes were delivered to the wrong house and the people who got the delivery denied they ever got it! They stole $700 in PC Products. I have no idea how it turned out. Who is responsible for getting the money back to all the customers at that point? I know lots of stones have been broken in my area as well from the boxes being tossed.
Jessica

Contact at HO about Fed Ex Issues
chefann said:

Well I called HO about the issue with Fed Ex & the Solution Center was not eager to pass on my message. But I finally got through to the gentleman that I didn't want to lodge my complaint to them any longer that I wanted to speak to whomever was in charge of communicating with Fed Ex regarding the issues that we are having. :confused: SO I am not waiting for a call back from that person (I hope). I will let everyone know how it turns out.

Tammy

Fed-ExNot to make all of you feel bad about your Fed-Ex guys/gals - but I live in Alaska and have the nicest FedEx guy - he knows that he comes during my daughter's naptime so he knocks and never rings the bell - he always puts things so they'd be out of the snow and view from the street. The UPS man, however, puts things in the middle of the driveway practically and my husband almost ran a package over one day on his way home from work. And I used to work for UPS and FedEx used to be practically a dirty word around me...I guess it just really depends on your individual drivers...sad that they all aren't up to par.

1. What is the best way to handle a complaint with FedEx?

The best way to handle a complaint with FedEx is to first contact their customer service team either by phone or through their website. Provide them with specific details about your issue and any relevant information, such as tracking numbers. They will then pass on your complaint to the local depot for further investigation.

2. How long does it typically take for FedEx to respond to a complaint?

The response time for a complaint with FedEx can vary, but it is typically within 24-48 hours. The local depot manager may also reach out to you directly to discuss your issue and find a resolution.

3. What should I do if I am not satisfied with the response from the local depot manager?

If you are not satisfied with the response from the local depot manager, you can escalate your complaint to FedEx's corporate customer service team. They can provide further assistance and work towards a resolution for your issue.

4. Does being a Pampered Chef Consultant affect how FedEx handles complaints?

Being a Pampered Chef Consultant does not necessarily affect how FedEx handles complaints. However, mentioning your affiliation with the company may bring attention to your issue and potentially result in a faster resolution. It is always best to provide specific details and remain professional when dealing with a complaint.

5. How can I ensure better service from FedEx for my future shipments?

You can ensure better service from FedEx for your future shipments by clearly communicating your delivery preferences and requirements. This can include instructions for where to leave the package, specific delivery times, or requesting a signature upon delivery. You can also track your shipments and report any issues promptly to FedEx for resolution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
LibrarianChef
  • jrstephens
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • heatherbug737