• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holy Sh**...What Am I Going to Do!!

In summary, someone stole $250 worth of product from Darby, who does not know anyone in her new neighborhood well enough to ask them to get the product for her.
Wow, Darby--now you can add to your list of customers, the local police! Guess he'll watch out for his delivery!!!!!!!!

What an amazing added blessing!

Darby I am only now reading this thread (as I read bits and pieces of this site on my lunch break)... First of all HOLY CRAP!! what a mess and a nightmare this has been. About 5 minutes ago I wrote down your email address as I was planning to send you my donation this evening when I got home from work. I am soooooooooooooo happy to hear now that everything is turning around for the better and HO is taking care of the problem.

BIG HUGS from Stormy Newfoundland!!!

Cheers

thechefofnorthbend said:
A very nice officer came to my home the day I reported it and took all my information: what was in box, value...etc. He was very apologetic and said he would do what he could (which I know isnt much, but I'm sure he meant well). Well, after hearing that this was PC merchindise...I scored a show for him and his wife this coming Saturday! He's the cook of the family and he LOVES PC!! Just funny how blessings work out in the midst of tragedy...:D

LMAO!!! you go girl!!! getting bookings from the police officer now too!! Things are just getting better and better!! congrats!

Cheers

Isn't this great how it is all working out after such a stormy situation?? This is just awesome!!

Ok, so NOW you need to have an express show AT THE POLICE STATION!!

I am so sorry this happened to you! Now this worries me...I NEVER had a problem with UPS and loved them. I knew that FedEx Ground would have problems like this...I cannot stand their service! I was hoping that when HO announced the change, it would include some type of signature/acceptance and/or insurance. How disappointing!!!! I'll say a prayer that it gets resolved for you! Good luck.

chefdeb410: Darby's situation got resolved. HO sent her a replacement order and she got it Saturday.

Just a curious question. . . . Did you happen to knock on your neighbors doors & asked them if they saw the FedEx man or notice the packages? Someone may have noticed he left it and realized you were not home and brought them in for safe keeping. I don't know I tend to look on things on the bright side after blaming someone of some thing to find out later that there something innocent has happened.

Also,,,, Since you are not really being "heard" by who ever answers the phone when you call in I suggest you find out who your Home Office Sales Manager is and explain the story. I suggest you e-mail it - sometimes written words tell a story better than frantic over the phone words. Ask directly if we have insurance on shipments. I would think there would be something with FedEx. Also, do a claim with FedEx.

chef_kimmo said:
Just a curious question. . . . Did you happen to knock on your neighbors doors & asked them if they saw the FedEx man or notice the packages? Someone may have noticed he left it and realized you were not home and brought them in for safe keeping. I don't know I tend to look on things on the bright side after blaming someone of some thing to find out later that there something innocent has happened.

Also,,,, Since you are not really being "heard" by who ever answers the phone when you call in I suggest you find out who your Home Office Sales Manager is and explain the story. I suggest you e-mail it - sometimes written words tell a story better than frantic over the phone words. Ask directly if we have insurance on shipments. I would think there would be something with FedEx. Also, do a claim with FedEx.

Darby's situation got resolved. HO sent her a replacement order and she got it Saturday

Darby, hang in. I met a contact at a Junior's social back in October who told me she would never have a PC Show because the only one she ever hosted was a disaster. She said the consultant (a friend of her child's teacher?) was terrrible and she wanted to help her out with the show... but the worst part is that this woman took the orders and the money and then disappeared from the face of the earth. The host had no idea what her friends had bought or how to get their money back. She said Pampered Chef stepped in and made everything alright, getting products to those who ordered them.
Now if HO can do this for a host, why can't they help you??? BTW - I was thunderstruck that this woman purchased Holiday items from me in December. She has faith! Keep yours and we will help you get through this.

Karo- maybe you didn't read to the end of this thread but HO did come through for Darby and she got the replacement show on Saturday.

Hi all,

So sorry to have posted and then right after that realize that I had not gone through the whole thread. I am very happy to see that it was resolved and she received the replacement products. Plus the booking to beat - who knows now you will probably recruit the wife and we will all say there is a reason for everything.

Again sorry for posting but being a DORK I quickly read to and didn't realize I had 18 pages to read.... oh my if my FT job knew how I spent my time some times....

chef_kimmo said:
Hi all,

So sorry to have posted and then right after that realize that I had not gone through the whole thread. I am very happy to see that it was resolved and she received the replacement products. Plus the booking to beat - who knows now you will probably recruit the wife and we will all say there is a reason for everything.

Again sorry for posting but being a DORK I quickly read to and didn't realize I had 18 pages to read.... oh my if my FT job knew how I spent my time some times....

I spend the first hour of my morning at my FT job catching up on what I missed during the ngiht on here....and then am in and out all day. Thankfully my boss has no clue about computers to know what I am really doing when I look so busy!:D

jrstephens said:
I spend the first hour of my morning at my FT job catching up on what I missed during the ngiht on here....and then am in and out all day. Thankfully my boss has no clue about computers to know what I am really doing when I look so busy!:D
EXACTLY :D

...Me too! It is addicting, and somedays I find myself on this site more than doing my work!

thechefofnorthbend said:
A very nice officer came to my home the day I reported it and took all my information: what was in box, value...etc. He was very apologetic and said he would do what he could (which I know isnt much, but I'm sure he meant well). Well, after hearing that this was PC merchindise...I scored a show for him and his wife this coming Saturday! He's the cook of the family and he LOVES PC!! Just funny how blessings work out in the midst of tragedy...:D

So, Darby...how'd the show turn out?

What about your homeowner's/renter's insurance? Will it cover it?

Everything was resolved! She got the show re-sent! WOO-HOO!!!

Wow that was an amazing story. I have spent the last two days at work reading this novel. I am a new consultant and seeing how everyone pulled together really inspires me. I am so excited to join such a wonderful family.

jrstephens said:

Amen to that Jennifer!! :p I don't feel so bad now that I know I'm not the ONLY one doing this!!

Doestn't it make you just so anxious to have a huge group hug at conference???? I've never been but I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!1

Just wondering... what did you do with the money in the end?

britishchef said:
Just wondering... what did you do with the money in the end?

Where has Darby gone? Did she get stolen off her back porch! :D :D

I asked a few days ago about how her show with the police officer went and she didn't respond to that either. :confused:

Darby....where are you?.....I think it would be interesting to know which charity received the money and how much you received from cheffers.

GeorgiaPeach said:
I asked a few days ago about how her show with the police officer went and she didn't respond to that either. :confused:

QUOTE]

Darby closed that show I think yesterday. It's all in another thread about the show with the police officer and his wife--it was very successful. I can't think of the name of the thread off the top of my head at the moment.

Ok all. Sorry, I've been on in a flash and then I am gone.

Show from Sat closed at 1454.50, cant complain one bit about that!! His wife would like to have another show in June to kick off their summer BBQ season.

Regarding the very charitable donation from the group here, all in all I received 135.00 and it all went to Women's Safety & Resource Center
Providing emergency services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in Coos County. Thank you all so much. When i receive the official thank you letter, I will post online.

Now I have a break until March with shows, but the time fills up with DD swimming meets. She made State last weekend and we are really pround of her!!

Thank you all again. Without you, I really feel I would have just given up and hung up the apron for good. Thanks for showing me the light you all!!

Thanks for giving us the update!

Just finnished going through this thread again and thought I would up it for all of you who couldn't find it........I know I'm trying to say out of this

Last edited:
rennea said:
Just finnished going through this thread again and thought I would up it for all of you who couldn't find it........I know I'm trying to say out of this

Well, DUH :), we are all trying to give people advice on how to find this thread and all we had to do was post something on it!! :D Sometimes we make the most simple things hard! Thanks Rennea!

rennea said:

i was just doing the same thing...lol

<h2>1. Can I hold FedEx responsible for my stolen package?</h2><p>Unfortunately, FedEx cannot be held responsible for items that are left unattended and subsequently stolen. This is stated in their terms and conditions.</p><h2>2. What should I do if my package is stolen?</h2><p>If your package is stolen, you should immediately contact FedEx and file a claim. You will need to provide information such as the tracking number and details about the package.</p><h2>3. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?</h2><p>To prevent this from happening again, you can request a signature upon delivery or have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup. You can also consider installing security cameras or having a trusted neighbor or friend pick up your packages for you.</p><h2>4. Can I get a refund or replacement for my stolen package?</h2><p>If you have insurance on your package, you may be able to file a claim for a refund or replacement. However, this will depend on the specific details of your situation and the insurance coverage you have.</p><h2>5. How can I ensure the safe delivery of my packages in the future?</h2><p>To ensure the safe delivery of your packages in the future, you can request a signature upon delivery, have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup, or consider using a different shipping method that offers more secure delivery options.</p>

1. Can I hold FedEx responsible for my stolen package?

Unfortunately, FedEx cannot be held responsible for items that are left unattended and subsequently stolen. This is stated in their terms and conditions.

2. What should I do if my package is stolen?

If your package is stolen, you should immediately contact FedEx and file a claim. You will need to provide information such as the tracking number and details about the package.

3. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?

To prevent this from happening again, you can request a signature upon delivery or have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup. You can also consider installing security cameras or having a trusted neighbor or friend pick up your packages for you.

4. Can I get a refund or replacement for my stolen package?

If you have insurance on your package, you may be able to file a claim for a refund or replacement. However, this will depend on the specific details of your situation and the insurance coverage you have.

5. How can I ensure the safe delivery of my packages in the future?

To ensure the safe delivery of your packages in the future, you can request a signature upon delivery, have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup, or consider using a different shipping method that offers more secure delivery options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MLC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AudraKYPCLady
  • pamperedlinda
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • LisaJG